March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Soocoolsim's Showcase ⚜️

Comments

• soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,259 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Monarch Sweetheart is such a very, very pretty home! :) Each area and room in the home looks so very nice! Very nice furnishing of the home! The bedrooms are so very pretty! The wall patterns in the kids bedrooms look very nice. It looks so very special how you have replicated that Monarch Suite for the master bedroom! The pastel colour scheme of both the interior and the exterior looks so very nice! The pink flowers on the dining tables , in the foyer and in the bathroom look so pretty! The design of the kitchen is very nice! The type of kitchen cabinets used looks very nice. Very nice island work bench. The wall patterning in the living and dining rooms looks very nice! Very nice curtains! Very nice exterior design of the home! The tower is very nice and very nice types and placement of the windows. Nice outdoors playground area, for kids to have fun playing on the playground equipment, in the sandpit or on the spring rider. The flowers through the outdoors areas look very nice!
    It is a very lovely and pretty home! :)

Thank you very much Rose. Always such a pleasure to hear from you. Appreciate all your comments and hope you are doing well. I'm so glad you thought the home is pretty since that's what I was hoping. Hugs :smiley:
    romagi1 wrote: »
    Sooo pretty! You always do such wonderful kid rooms and I love that arch you used! Oh and look at that cute playground and beautiful garden! <3

P.S. I like the cream entry too! :)

Thanks so much @romagi1 . I couldn't resist using the arch elsewhere than just in the Monarch Suite. The landscaping is always my fav part :smiley:
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    @soocoolsim , you did a fabulous job on this house. I agree with @romagi1 , I like the cream color entry too over the pink one you showed us earlier. And you replicated the store Monarch Suite perfectly! Kids' rooms are adorable as well, and love your garden and play area. <3

Thanks so much @Sandraelle . Yep, glad I was able to bounce the colours off you and Rox. Was undecided on the entry pretty much until I uploaded, lol :smiley:
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    @soocoolsim I love the design and all the beautiful detail sweetie! <3

Thanks very much @BreeMiles . It was quite a departure from my usual residential builds so I'm happy folks are liking it :smiley:

Happy 150th Birthday Canada! Very thankful as we celebrate this Canada Day for my beautiful country, the freedom, health network, social programs and infrastructure we enjoy and too often take for granted. We're celebrating the whole year through so a big shoutout to our American neighbours and everyone overseas to come visit Canada where lots to see and do and your money goes a lot further :smiley:

Living in Toronto, I've always wanted to create another landmark in Sims 3 so today I present our iconic City Hall and Nathan Phillips Square. The architecture is representative however I've taken the liberty of moving spaces around in the interior and adding activities for more functional sims gameplay. Hoping my fellow Canadians and our supporters worldwide enjoy this lot created to celebrate this special occasion.

Download / rec
    wZFSfkm.jpg

VIRTUAL TOUR

Exterior
    Welcome! This imposing structure and architectural masterpiece took 4 years to build and was designed by Vilijo Revell, an architect based in Finland, who was the winner from a pool of 510 submissions from 42 countries. There are 4 main parts... civic square, podium, circular council chamber and 2 office towers. In my representation I've placed this lot in Bridgeport and added a subway stop for easy access.
    qPhJCHJ.jpg

Here you see the "Freedom Arches" over the "Reflecting Pool". In the winter this pool becomes a skating rink and folks can rent from the skake shop if they wish. In the background you can see the Farmers Market - a great place to get tasty, homegrown produce. Shown below that is the unusual stage which is well used in real life and hopefully in your Sims game as well. Always something going on a Nathan Phillips Square during the summer :smiley:
    WSQsGE7.jpg

Directly below is my version of the "Peace Gardens" and I've added sculptures to represent the "Sculpture Court". Below that is the skate shop I mentioned earlier. Since we don't have rentals in the Sims my version instead offers a few sporting related items for sale using the savvy sellers shelves. Street vendors do good business around the Square so of course I needed to include them, lol.
    OgaTh2H.jpg

I've added BBQ grills in the green space below so this lot can be purchased as real estate and opened for business in the Sims. With the inclusion of the swing and the picnic tables, this lot is fully upgraded to Level 3.
    DB1nH2r.jpg
    So now let's go inside.

Level One
    4ojQzjH.jpg

Going through the impressive entrance you're greeted by the Rotunda showing the base of the Council Chamber in the middle. Sometimes there are exhibitions in this area which I've represented below. If your sims feel generous they can open up the buffet table to the hungry hordes, lol.
    U737o8q.jpg

I've added the Service Canada counters directly ahead and sims can use the computer stations as they wish. In real life, this is located on the left as you walk in, however I've swapped that space with the Public Library for better in game functionality. The interior spaces are my simmified designs and basically represent the essence of this building.
    LlWhtOw.jpg

The Public Library where hard copy books are still treasured.
    FHhxNwV.jpg

Directly below is the café with casual dining options followed by pics of the Daycare Centre.
    swIVZB1.jpg

Level Two
    HZOqS4z.jpg

Going upstairs using main elevators you come to an area where I image a group can gather. It features a few pieces of art and vending machines for convenience. Originally I was going to leave that space open to below however I do like seeing ceilings. Following that are screenshots of the reception area and one of the two available wedding spaces. Your sims can now really get married at City Hall in a civil wedding, yay. (Well not everyone wants all the bells, whistles and expense, lol)
    ZpJiEhs.jpg

Moving along we come to the Children's Library which is linked to the main Public Library below via a staircase. Here the kiddies can listen to stories, read books or browse the web in their own colourful space.
    loIFqFA.jpg
    Directly above shows the entrance to the Mayor's Office.

And below is the Mayor's reception and office.
    ZaeDwas.jpg

Upper Levels
    A great feature of Toronto City Hall is the green roof. It's at the podium roof so not at the very top of the twin towers, however it makes it easily publicly accessible up the walking ramps and overpasses. Since this is a pretty large lot I've tried to keep the furnishings on the upper floors to a minimum. Level Three features an artist gallery where your sims can admire some of the lovely EA paintings and a photography gallery where you can upload pictures taken by your own sims and personalize this area. Sims can also pick produce from the roof garden.
    bE79peA.jpg

Level Four features the Council Chamber which looks like an eyeball if seen from above between the curved twin towers. I steered away from Stuff Packs in this build so unfortunately the lighting system on the ceiling is pretty busy. You can replace the lights with pot lights or invisible lights if you prefer.
    52bkFW0.jpg

In keeping with the theme, the Chamber wall itself also looks like an eye.... a rather cool feature in real life. The colours and overall look are duplicated from actual photos. Below that are screenshots of the simple galleries I mentioned before, and on the topmost Level Five I've added a VIP lounge and security/training centre.
    YsK7Vzb.jpg

Well I do hope you enjoyed the tour and perhaps may wish to download to explore in game. It may take a couple of minutes to load everything based on your computer (mine is pretty old), however should be fine for gameplay once placed. Thanks for viewing :smiley:

Happy Canada Day!
    ycZi42d.jpg
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited July 2017
    OMG!!! Downloading as I type!

Emoticon-jawdrop.gifEmoticon-jawdrop.gifEmoticon-jawdrop.gif

Sorry, having some trouble getting my jaw off the floor!! LOL
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
    edited July 2017
    Your simversion of Toronto City Hall looks so very,very great! :) It is an extra special build! It was so very nice going on a tour of it with you! It was both very nice seeing the simsversions of the areas of The City Hall as well as very interesting and informative to learn more about the real life building . You would have put such a lot of work, time , energy and proud Canadian joy into making this build! The result is such a very great build! All the areas, both inside and outdoors looks so very great! The ." eye ball" Council Chambers are great! The kids library is colourfully nice! It is a very detailed and very nice venue for sims to enjoy visiting ! :)
    The fireworks is a special touch in the last photo :)

LOL, aw Rox you are so supportive, thanks. Hope you like it even more in game. Hugs and HAGN :smiley:

Thank you so much dear @rosemow . Yes, this was a special build for me. I do love Toronto very much even though other parts of our country are even more beautiful. Appreciate your lovely comments :smiley:
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @soocoolsim , OH ..... MY ...... GOSH ! ! ! ! ! ! Truly impressive build, Paula, I'm in awe! :open_mouth: Very well done and such a nice tribute to your country's holiday! Off to rec, and will be dl'ing this too to see all of your amazing CFE work and magnificent details. :love:
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @soocoolsim

OMG that is truly a work of art downloaded and rec what a wonderful way to celebrate your country which I love by the way :)
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Amazing work, @soocoolsim! B)

Wishing-You-A-Very-Happy-Canada-Day-Graphic.gif
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

• cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Fantastic. Very Impressive.

Thank you very much @Sandraelle , @SPARKY1922 , @60smusicluvr (love the gif) , @Kgaff and @cwaddell . Really appreciate you taking the time to support and comment :smiley:
  • Luma_Bear32910Luma_Bear32910 Posts: 157 Member
    I am bookmarking this page! You do a fantastic job with your builds!
  • luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member

My thoughts exactly!! Just gorgeous!! So much CFE work!!

Thanks so much @Luma_Bear32910 and @luvalphvle . Appreciate you taking the time to pop in and comment. Very happy you like my builds :smiley:

Today I present a DNA build created for @60smusicluvr who requested an unusual home. This charming darker Victorian is paired with an octopus. Is it attracted to the bright lighthouse and just curious? Or is something more sinister afoot?

Download / Rec ***** Pictures

bXGUe2G.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
    Octavian is such a very, very uniquely special build! :) It looks so very,very great! You are so very creative! The combination of the octopus, lighthouse, gazebo. and the Victorian and Steampunk themes looks so very nice! You have done it so very well! The overall design and layout of the bulld looks so great, and the design of how you have the octopus with his legs and eyes is so creative! Very nice furnishing of the interior! Each area and room looks so nice! Very nice wall patterning! The steam punk colours looks very nice! The types and placement of the curtains adds to the very nice look of the rooms. It is such a very detailed home! Very nice gazebo! The air ship is a nice touch there. Very nice design of the light house! The glass roofing is very nice.
    It is such a very creative build! :)

Thank you very much dear @rosemow . Always appreciate your comments. Wishing you a great weekend and week ahead. Hugs :smiley:
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    I love it! <3 The adorable octopus, the tea party in the gazebo and just love the bathroom ceiling! Awesome!
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited July 2017
    It's lovely, @soocoolsim! :heart: I love all the intricate detail you put in it. You've really nailed the Victorian look with your use of patterns and you really went the extra mile with the ceiling tiles and an extra million by making the octopus (!). Thank you so much! :mrgreen: He looks adorable. Despite seemingly messing around with the home, his eyes say that he's totally innocent. He couldn't hurt a fly. ;)

The gold on the exterior gives it that little extra touch of steampunk, but what I really like about it is that the home could really fit anywhere, so I imagine it will get used fairly often. ;) Besides that, love the fencing. It's very cute. I think my favorite room on the inside is the bathroom. Absolutely love the gold all over. It's so pretty. :heart_eyes:

Appreciate you adding some things for sims to do that aren't "loud." It fits the Victorian era well, but still manages to tickle your fancy.

It's the perfect, quiet home for Victoria Prismall, my socially awkward, bookworm sim.

(Hope you don't mind I share some pics)
    Screenshot-457_zpsekgb7t67.jpg

She randomly chose this bed. Thought her size compared to it was funny, especially because there's a much bigger one, one room over. :D
    Screenshot-461_zps3xpmihnj.jpg

She's a wee bit childish.
    Screenshot-464_zpss6xd48na.jpg

This is a great idea. B)
    Screenshot-458_zpsusu3tnlj.jpg

Screenshot-456_zpsxyiq0y4y.jpg

Thanks again, soocoolsim. It is gorgeous.
    This isn't a big deal, to me, but I see in your pictures this was intended to go differently. I wonder if you might know of a solution?

Second level looks like it's supposed to:

Screenshot-460_zpsts8d6pce.jpg

But when I go up one more floor or try to look at the house in whole, this happens:

Screenshot-459_zpswxrjhmuh.jpg

I tried deleting and replacing, but I'm stumped. :/
    @soocoolsim , the house turned out awesome and love the choices you made in the end for the exterior, looks great! I love that bathroom and your ceilings and the gazebo looks so pretty. I wouldn't even know where to start to create that cute little octopus, very clever. Already got ya rec'd, but will DL to get a closer look at all your details. Well done! :smiley:
    @60smusicluvr , loved seeing your pictures of your sim in the house. Thanks for sharing. :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top