Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 006 - Rules

VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
GAME SET UP FOR THOSE CONTINUING THE FULL 24 HOUSE CHALLENGE
-Built Lots in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek worlds may be replaced (with the same lot type)
-You are free to evict and/or delete any Sims except The Heir from House 005
All other worlds and vacation destinations may be built upon or populated however you'd like
*Adding in unique Lot types from other packs is encouraged

MAKING THE SECONDARY SIM
Place a Sim into a household with the previous heir from House 005 who is a:
-Young Adult
-Humanoid or other Occult from the following list:
*Alien (Get To Work needed)
*Mermaid (Island Living needed)
*Spellcaster (Realm Of Magic needed)
-Relationship status is Roommates
*Using Story Mode for creating the Secondary Sim is not allowed
*If you download a Sim, you will need to make sure that they do not have any Skills or extra Traits gained as this could give unwanted advantages

GAME SET UP FOR THOSE PLAYING JUST HOUSE 006
-Evict any Sims who are living on the Oakenstead Lot in Willow Creek world
-Demolish the Oakenstead Lot
-Set the Oakenstead Lot to Residential
All other worlds and vacation destinations may be built upon or populated however you'd like
*Adding in unique Lot types from other packs is encouraged

MAKING THE DRIFTER AND THE SECONDARY SIM
Create two Sims who are:
-Young Adult
-Humanoid or other Occult from the following list:
*Alien (Get To Work needed)
*Mermaid (Island Living needed)
*Spellcaster (Realm Of Magic needed)
-Relationship status is Roommates
-Designate which Sim will be The Drifter and which will be the Secondary Sim
*Using Story Mode for creating The Drifter or the Secondary Sim is not allowed
*If you download your Sims, you will need to make sure that they do not have any Skills or extra Traits gained as this could give unwanted advantages

REQUIRED GAME SETTINGS
Under the Gameplay tab in the Game Options menu select the following:
-Autonomy - Full
-Auto Age (Played Sims) - Yes
-Sim Lifespan - Normal

WHERE TO START AND LAST MINUTE PREPARATIONS
-In Game Options set Season length as as well as rain/snow options (Seasons needed)
-In Game Options you may choose to opt out of Fame (Get Famous needed)
-Move The Drifter and the Secondary Sim onto the Oakenstead Residential Lot in Willow Creek
-You may select 1-3 Lot Traits in Build Mode (these can be changed at any time)
-Using the Calendar create/add any Holidays or Events you'd like (Seasons needed)
-Sell or Delete any objects that The Drifter has brought along in their inventory
*If you choose to keep any items, you must deduct the cost of the object(s) from the Active Household Funds before ANY object(s) are allowed to be purchased
-Using (testingcheats on + Money X) set the Active Household Funds to one of the following:
*Standard - $100k Simoleons
*Difficult - $50k Simoleons
*Extreme - $0 Simoleons
-Save your game
-Make a backup save (start of House 006)
*I highly recommend that you make these separate game save files so that if you are unsatisfied with how things turn out or you experience a House Challenge fail, you will have the option to redo House 006 without losing all prior world progress

THE PLAYABLE SIMS THIS HOUSE CHALLENGE ARE:
-All Sims in the Active Household

REQUIRED GOALS OF HOUSE 006
1. As a minimum create a house worth at least $350k Simoleons
*Must include a total of 8 beds (at least 1 of them needs to be a double)

2. Complete the Mansion Baron Aspiration
*Upon completing the Mansion Baron Aspiration, access to Nightclubs is available
*Those playing the full 24 house challenge may now place a Nightclub on Blue Velvet in Willow Creek world

3. Produce and raise The Heir to the Young Adult life stage
*When The Heir reaches the Young Adult stage, you must stop game play and save if you are continuing on to House 007

ALL ABOUT THE HEIR
-The Heir is the firstborn baby made between The Drifter and another Sim who is part of the Active Household at the time the WooHoo For Baby interaction is used
*Vampire babies cannot be considered as The Heir

IT IS A HOUSE CHALLENGE FAIL IF:
-Any Required Goal was not completed before The Heir ages to Young Adult
-The Heir dies or is otherwise removed from the Active Household

WHERE AND WHEN YOU CAN TRAVEL
$1k Simoleons sitting in Active Household Funds is required ANY time you travel to:
-Party or Event locations the Household is asked to attend or playable Sims host
-Willow Creek - to access the tree to Sylvan Glade
-Sylvan Glade
-Parks
-The Grotto
-Nightclubs - Restricted until Household completes Goal 2
-Granite Falls (Outdoor Retreat needed)
-The Bluffs (Get Together needed) - invite required
-The Ruins (Get Together needed) - invite required
-The Von Haunt Estate (Get Together needed) - invite required
-Club locations the Household is asked to attend or playable Sims host (Get Together needed)
-Festival locations (City Living needed) - invite required
-Restaurants (Dine Out needed)
-Vet Clinics (Cats And Dogs needed)
-Selvadorada (Jungle Adventures needed)
-Strangerville (Strangerville needed) - to purchase items from the Curio vendor
-Beaches (Island Living Needed)
-Glimmerbrook - to access the portal to the Magic Realm (Realm Of Magic needed)
-The Magic Realm *HQ, Gardens, Dueling Grounds and Casters Alley* (Realm Of Magic needed)

*The Active Household Funds requirement does not apply if you travel to:
-Visit the Final Resting Place of Sims - to strengthen ties or release spirits
-Lots required for work or Aspiration Milestones - for the required updates
-Retail Lots that the Active Household owns (Get To Work needed)
-Hospital (Get To Work needed)
-Police Station (Get To Work needed)
-Science Station (Get To Work needed)
-Sixam (Get To Work needed)

ADDING SIMS TO THE ACTIVE HOUSEHOLD
-Sims that join the Active Household MUST be added using the Move In interaction except:
*Adopted Sims
*Created Clones (Get To Work needed)
*Whispering Wishing Well acquired Sims (Romantic Garden Stuff needed)
*Adopted Pets (Cats And Dogs needed)
*Duplicato Spell Created Clones (Realm Of Magic needed)
-If a Sim you are inviting to Move In has other Household Members attached, you may split their Household or Move In any number of them
-Check mark "Sell All Lot Furnishings" if the option is available
-Active Household Funds MUST be reset to the amount it was before the new Sim(s) Moved In

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:
-Use any age altering or life prolonging items
-Create or designate other Sims to fill the role of The Drifter or The Heir should either of them die or be removed from the Active Household
-Move any Sims OUT of the Active Household
-Host Club Gatherings on the Active Home Lot (Get Together needed)
-Designate the Active Home Lot as a Club Hangout destination (Get Together needed)
-Have any of your Playable Sims become a Vampire (Vampires needed)

ADDITIONAL INFO
-You may select the Traits of the Sims in the Active Household (upon Age Up)
-At any time you may change the Aspiration of any Sim in the Active Household
-Any playable Sim in the Active Household may purchase and/or manage the following:
*Retail Lot (Get To Work needed)
*Restaurant (Get To Work needed)
*Vet Clinic (Cats And Dogs needed)
-Puppies or kittens born into the Active Household may be kept or sold (Cats and Dogs needed)
-The use of any Mods or Custom Content is at your discretion
rXyqmuX.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    edited September 2019
    GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY DRIFTING!!
    Post edited by Vihisha on
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited September 2019
    I've heard that some are not enjoying this house as much as others due to being able to control ALL household Sims, but please try and keep an open mind here, you may appreciate the change of pace this particular house challenge offers, especially the further along in the house challenges you get! :)
    Post edited by Vihisha on
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • kerpleenketkerpleenket Posts: 213 Member
    I feel like I am missing something. So the main goals are to complete the Mansion Baron Aspiration, and have a home with 8 beds, one of which needs to be a double.

Since I've never played the Mansion Baron Asp. I am assuming it's going to have me build a very expensive house or something?
    Origin ID: Emmblie
    There r 3 main goals of The Drifter Challenge House 006 mini-challenge

1. Create a house 8 beds (1 must b a double bed)
    2. Produce & raise an heir 2 the young adult stage
    3. Complete the Mansion Baron Aspiration on ANY Sim in the household

Please note that ALL Sims in the household r playable the length of this mini-challenge & the Mansion Baron Aspiration can b completed on ANYONE in the household. As soon as the heir reaches the Young Adult stage these goals must b met

rXyqmuX.jpg
    @kerpleenket When the house is complete it will b worth as a minimum of $350k Simoleons (Mansion Baron Aspiration qualifications)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Vihisha I figured that would be the case. This will be another new experience for me!
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    This sounds fun. I am pretty sure I will be playing this on standard. A 350k house is difficult to build. I haven't tried it yet though so this will be a new experience. I will be starting this tomorrow since it is late here. Night all. Happy Simming. :)
    @Vihisha I figured that would be the case. This will be another new experience for me!
    Awesome!!
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    This sounds fun. I am pretty sure I will be playing this on standard. A 350k house is difficult to build. I haven't tried it yet though so this will be a new experience. I will be starting this tomorrow since it is late here. Night all. Happy Simming. :)
    U can always do this house mini-challenge over & over w/the different amounts as a stand alone challenge & try a harder difficulty :wink:

Happy Drifting!!!

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    WOW OMG I am so excited, I will definately try this challenge on standard as I have never ever built a house worth that much sin Sims 4,maybe not even Sims 3. mmm this is by far the hardest one yet, off I go, my heir needs to prepare for some big time money making!!! :wink:
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1

I think I might do this also! I've never even gotten close to earning 350k while playing with two working sims in a normal household. I'm assuming I will have time before the next release, so I may try difficult, and maybe even expert while I wait!

Anyway! Starting this in the morning also. Goodnight!
    Vihisha wrote: »
    Awesome!!
    U can always do this house mini-challenge over & over w/the different amounts as a stand alone challenge & try a harder difficulty :wink:

Happy Drifting!!!

Now, there is an idea. We could play it 3x and see how it goes. I will try standard first though. :)
    If nothing else...those Drifters who r always waiting on the next mini challenge 2 b released....u now have a fall back plan 2 play in the meantime (try the other starting amounts u didn't try) :smile:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Yeah house 006 is here! ... I will be making 3 saves .... just in case I fail ... I will start with the extreme game and seen how it goes ... gotta go get ready for work so I won't actually get started until tonight or tomorrow ... happy drifting everyone!
    edited August 2015
    Okay after thinking about my strategy for this one..I think I may try difficult. See how that pans out. I really do think it is doable. Now, to find a mansion to build. :) One time I started to play the One Room Challenge and so I have looked over Mansion Baron but it was some time ago and I remember something about a bunch of columns..

Okay just a little note: I have never watched one of the videos until now. I did because I wanted to see how YOU started the challenge and I learned that you can travel to the park without subtracting money..just have to have it on hand...I was not aware of this..I must of missed that detail somewhere LOL...so all this time I have not gone to the park and when I did I subtracted 1000. Also, glad to know you can add a Sim this challenge as I guess I was tired and missed that detail too.

SO the lesson here: Watch the video LOL. Thanks V :)
    Post edited by Glimmer50 on
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited August 2015
    Oh lord, I always struggle to build really expensive houses...I've always been the type of person who's like 'it's got walls, a toilet, a stove, and a bed, I'm good'. I'll be starting on Standard I think.

You forgot to put the k after the 75 in your difficult mode, by the way.

Just realized something funny...when I randomly rolled Madeline's traits when she became a teen she got the mansion baron aspiration. What are the odds?
    Post edited by MocaJava on
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    Yeah house 006 is here! ... I will be making 3 saves .... just in case I fail ... I will start with the extreme game and seen how it goes ... gotta go get ready for work so I won't actually get started until tonight or tomorrow ... happy drifting everyone!
    Awesome! Good Luck Drifter!! :smile:
    SO the lesson here: Watch the video LOL. Thanks V :)
    U betcha!! Houses 001-003 u have instructions & then some game play...but I have found people REALLY like having the Instructional Videos....funny the things that u miss w/just written rules. Don't worry I will never b showing my actual challenge footage in the Instructional Videos...so no spoilers as far as that goes. :smiley: THX so much 4 watching & I'm glad it helped clear some things up 4 ya as well!! As far as how I started the challenge....I've play tested a number of different starting amounts....haven't decided what difficulty I will b showing on my Let's Play series yet heh
    MocaJava wrote: »
    Oh lord, I always struggle to build really expensive houses...I've always been the type of person who's like 'it's got walls, a toilet, a stove, and a bed, I'm good'. I'll be starting on Standard I think.
    Since it's not building it all in 1 shot...I think you'll find adding 2 the house & making it expensive will b easier than u think. :smile:
    You forgot to put the k after the 75 in your difficult mode, by the way.
    Thank-u so so much! It has been fixed now! I was so excited 2 launch this house last night (even released a whole hour early)!
    Just realized something funny...when I randomly rolled Madeline's traits when she became a teen she got the mansion baron aspiration. What are the odds?
    Your Sim was destined 4 this house mini-challenge :smiley:

rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited August 2015
    Ok so here's Madeline, my heir from the last house. Redid her hair and clothes and gave her some makeup and a tattoo, she's looking pretty fine I think.
    R8PJVO2.png

And her roommate/hopeful beau Clark
    vkDsIAk.png

Won't have much time to play today because I have to go to work but I got them all ready to go and a house started...I'm almost having the feeling that standard mode will end up being too easy but we'll see!
    edited August 2015
    UPDATE 2 THE RULES
    -Once a Sim is moved-in they cannot move out, so watch your household count...a full house w/no natural born heir produced, could result in a fail
    Has been added under the Nitty Gritty rules. The lack of this wording has brought confusion on what can/should b done...hopefully this clears it up 4 everyone :smile:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @MocaJava they BOTH look great!!! Have a good day @ work...your Sims will b waiting :smile:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Dahlia Camp (Heir)
    xEo64AX.png

Malakai Warren (Roommate)
    S0anr6A.png

That's all I have so far, as I haven't actually started to play them yet. I've been WAY too busy starting the build on their house. I'm thinking maybe I should have started with less money! lol
    @kerpleenket What a great set of Sims :smile: Lovin' Malakai's blue eyes! Hope u r enjoying a chance 2 build...keep me/us posted!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited August 2015
    My Sims Dawson:
    QqhW4yT.jpg

And Emma from House 005:
    avs1Mg6.jpg

House so far:
    9UYV99L.png

You can do a lot with 75k. I have tons of money left over still...but all I have done is the shell.

She is going to paint since she has creative, geek and good are her traits. And I do LOVE painting, plus I absolutely love that bed. He is going to be a secret agent since I have never done that job before...I love the way he turned out. I had purple eyes but there was that bug so I made them blue..then when they fixed the bug I was attached to his pretty blue eyes. He will do Mansion Baron. I love building so this will be fun. You should see the back..it is all windows and a big porch. I love it. Even if I fail I am keeping this house LOL.

It has nothing in it yet but I don't think this generation is going to be sleeping on park benches.

My story recapped: Destiny lost her mother when she was just a child and never really knew her that well so she was raised by her aunts. She would be heavily dramatized watching her Aunt Beatty burn up in a fire. Plus, their home almost burned to the ground. She salvaged what little clothes she could and luckily Brittni knowing she was old when she had a child made provisions for her daughter including Jake and some land.

Then, Destiny has Emma sooner in life because she wants to know her daughter and not put her through what she went through. That is why they allowed that friend of theirs to move in so that her daughter would be safe. Emma's life was a happier one which is why she is good. Of course, she got geek because it is a bank trait and she would be creative due to both parents being painters.

Destiny was so dramatized by her aunts death by fire and their house almost burning to the ground that she provided well for her daughter leaving her this small fortune. Plus, Emma's parents both had good jobs which is really a first so it stands to reason they would have money stashed away. Who knew she had a small fortune stashed away in an old trunk. So far, my stories just seem to be going along with these challenges..I believe it is because V has really thought these out. Way to go V. My husband keeps saying..this is just a game you know LOL.

Edited to add: The house still needs tons of work. I just put it up in about an hour or two. What takes forever was picking out foundation and flooring on the outside and my siding...still debating on the all brick or not. SO really been at it about 2 hours but the floor plan took about an hour I guess. I have a folder with floor plans of houses I intend to build LOL. I like to build sometimes. Okay off to bed. Have to work tomorrow. Happy Simming!!

Hope we could start building straight away. I read the rules didn't see nothing against it. I know houses depreciate in value due to the other challenges so have to watch spending so much at one time.
    3lM2VpN.jpg

:o:/:'(:'(:'(

#devistated
    OH no @kerpleenket! I hope you didn't lose all your saves!
    edited August 2015
    Go into your documents folder/Electronic arts/Sims4 and copy and paste your save folder to your desk top before you reinstall so you don't lose everything. I hope one of your saves is not corrupted. Also, don't forget to back up your tray too.

I would also try going into Computer/C: your drive/users/your name/appdata/local/orign/avatarscache<<it is this folder that gets many corrupted files. It stores useless avatars. Delete them. If the folders appdata and local are hidden you can unhide them.

Follow these steps to display hidden files and folders.
    Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.
    Click the View tab.
    Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders, and then click OK.

I delete that Origins cache file daily because I believe it causes so many problems. I no longer have the refrigerator bug like I used to either. Also, try to repair first...if all that fails then reinstall but make sure you copy your save files first ...then add them back in ...in chunks.

I hope you saved all your families to your library so you can put them all back in. You could age them all back up with a birthday cake to get them to be the right age. If you are like me most of them are dead now so it would just be putting all the houses back in. I copy my saves every couple of days to my desktop folder and rename it.

Anyway hopefully one the above helps. I hope all is not lost @kerpleenket

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top