Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Excited for Get together!

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited November 2015
    We don't know yet if the club activities include the ghost/alien specific interactions.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    @Prink34320, Yeah, although I do think they thought of that. They did say they want all the packs to work together, so it might be that it depends on the pack you have that will show up in the club system.

Which is really cool, because that means any other future pack will have a huge impact on these ones! :blush:

Yupp, if you think about it for a second it absolutly makes sense. Viewing it from a marketing perspective it would be a very clever move on their part to make this synergy (with future content) happen since it would give simmers a very good reason to buy ALL eps.

But if not: We still have modders like Zebru ("Turbo careers") who will take care of this.

Get To Work gave the templates for Modders to create Active Careers, which means if more non-active Careers are added, then modders can make more! So the EPs so far have been foundations for expanding the game, at least in my opinion :3
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    @Prink34320, thinking the same here. I didn't think the club system would be so wide of options, i'm very pleased with the outcome!

I just hope that Skills, Traits and Activities from Outdoor Retreat, Get To Work and Spa Day will also be included, as well as ones from future Expansion and Game Packs :3

We don't know yet if the club activities include the ghost/alien specific interactions.

Hopefully they will, I wonder if they'll make restrictions depending on Life States? I'd also still like to know if Clubs can be automatically created, I personally wouldn't like every Sim being in a Club, I hope that won't be the case.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    I am completely and utterly excited for The Sims 4 Get Together! :) I know not everybody is as excited for The Sims 4 games but I am. I love everything about Get Together, the new town, the new content, everything! In fact I haven't been excited for a Sims 4 game as much as I am right now!
    The worst part for me is that I won't have any "Sim spending money" until the New Year now :(
    edited November 2015
    I hope the club requirement include all the traits (Aspiration Bonus Traits, Aspiration Reward Traits and Satisfaction Reward Traits)

For example, a club of sims with "Player" trait or "Night owl" trait.

"Death by ..." is also a Ghost Trait. Why not a club of ghosts dead by cowplant ?

ingame27.jpg
    edited November 2015
    I hope more club handshakes will be added in the future like bro and alien handshakes because 4 handshakes for all the clubs is a little short.

ingame31.jpg
    edited November 2015
    I think the thumb up/thumb down include specific interactions and global behavior.

For example "Hangout by fire" become "Hang out together" and "Dance together" with the bonfire.

"Be mean" is the interactions from the Mean pie menu.

ingame30.jpg

Lol 'Don't be Friendly'? The Sims in that Club might hate each other :x

Remember "Be Friendly" means Friendly pie menu, so your sims can still "Be Funny" or "Be Romantic" ;)

ingame32.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I just now noticed that you apparently get to see the faces of everyone qualified to join your club. I'm assuming you can pick who you want to join from among them. Setting it up to make a club of family members is going to be tricky, though. I suppose you could leave the qualifications open, and then just pick out your relatives from the many who show up.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Sennie wrote: »
    I am completely and utterly excited for The Sims 4 Get Together! :) I know not everybody is as excited for The Sims 4 games but I am. I love everything about Get Together, the new town, the new content, everything! In fact I haven't been excited for a Sims 4 game as much as I am right now!
    The worst part for me is that I won't have any "Sim spending money" until the New Year now :(

Watch for EP contests on fan sites :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    You could have a religious order like monks or nuns and have "chat to" be discouraged. Would be like a vow of silence :p
    I hope more club handshakes will be added in the future like bro and alien handshakes because 4 handshakes for all the clubs is a little short.

ingame31.jpg

Maybe each icon represents an action, and you can combine them into a complex handshake like you can combine dance moves into a full routine.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

ingame31.jpg

Maybe each icon represents an action, and you can combine them into a complex handshake like you can combine dance moves into a full routine.
    Oeh that'll be really cool! You can see the handshakes evolving hehe!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
    @EmmaVane wrote: »

ingame31.jpg

I don't think because the video show a complex handshake for this single perk.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Just so you know, the interface shown in the trailer is not the same as the one we'll get in the game. It actually says so at the bottom of the screen at 0.48 - "Game interface has been modified for this video". So we may well have the options grouped differently and I expect there's a bit more to choose from in terms of club parameters (not sure about the perk interface though).
    And at 1.15 it says "Visual effects do not represent actual gameplay" - which I think has to do with all club members instantly being in the same place, but it may mean something else (as well).

As for the discussion about gameplay trailers and such - I'm sure there will be more. Remember when GTW was release we pretty much only knew there would be aliens with disguises (cutting it short here) or I missed a lot of information. I think a lot of us weren't prepared for the whole abduction invasion thing we got. So I suspect they are holding something back, so we'll again get a surprise when we finally get Get Together. But that's just a theory ;)

Anyway, I think it will be an awesome pack, the gameplay looks really great, build mode items and CAS items too - and I think we've so far only seen a small part of it.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    What happens if your sim calls a meeting somewhere but some club members are at work?
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    No need to worry about lack of rule making, and I'm sure other packs are in here too!
    "You’re able to choose from a list of over 100 Activities that you can encourage Club members to do when they’re in a Club Gathering"
    >> http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/get-together-club-customization
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    No need to worry about lack of rule making, and I'm sure other packs are in here too!
    "You’re able to choose from a list of over 100 Activities that you can encourage Club members to do when they’re in a Club Gathering"
    >> http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/get-together-club-customization

Wow! So much customization available! This is great!
    *Attempts to invent time machine to skip ahead one month*
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    *Attempts to invent time machine to skip ahead one month*

I agree! I want it NOW!
    Dozens of insignias, 100's of activities. O-M-G.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    @The_SimScraper, hope you don't mind me sharing your message! But I just saw the image you posted and I wanted to share it here aswell! The kids look adorable in this picture and the clothing is just fab!
    Wooh! Look how cute they look :smiley:
    CS-_KJFWwAA0yQU.jpg:large

Origin ID - RosyAngelina
    edited November 2015
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    What happens if your sim calls a meeting somewhere but some club members are at work?

I imagine that the available ones will show up, but the others won't?

The 3 girls in striped dresses are in the original trailer. I believe they are the same girls in the Paragons, but the blonde has different hair and they have a couple of males too. Either the males were added later, or they didn't show up at the previous gathering.
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I'm in love with the new wall decor items. Those little flags will be perfect for teen rooms. Also, I can't wait until awesome pubs start popping up in the gallery :smiley:

screenshot-213.png
    I love this part:

Make Your Activities More Specific. Besides being able to choose Club Activities and Banned Activities, you can take it a level deeper and say who your Members are supposed to do these things with. Your Club members might love swimming, but maybe they won’t swim with members of another specific Club. Or maybe they flat-out can’t talk to specific members of other Clubs. Break the rules, and your Sim might get kicked out of the Club!

So this is where we set the rivalries and how the various clubs interact ( or not) if they are at the same location. This just gets better and better!