Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love the new stuff packs... But maybe they're doing too many!

I was excited about the new stuff packs. Cheaper price, and a gameplay object! But I thought they were going with two, and another two would only come after the expansion was released. My fear is that we won't have a single month without paid content, be it a stuff pack or expansion. It's getting me less excited about cool kitchen because I can see another thing to buy every month if I want it all. Do you want something like this in the vein of the TS3 store, or more breathing room between releases?

Comments

• Options
    ObscurusObscurus Posts: 626 Member
    I like that there's plenty of DLCs to choose from. IMHO, the problem with the Sims 3 Store was never the constant updates but rather... well, the prices were... uh, not cheap. At all. I realize that from the business point-of-view, it's veeery lucrative to resort into micro-transactions but me the consumer prefer fairer prices.

But to answer your question, I'm perfectly happy with the release schedule of the Sims 4 DLCs. So far I've bought every one of them, because I love having variety in my game, but if the devs come up with something that doesn't fit my style of play, I simply will not buy it. It's not that we absolutely have to. ;) Unless you're an incurable collector and completionist, in which case I fully understand. ;)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2015
    MatheusBS wrote: »
    I was excited about the new stuff packs. Cheaper price, and a gameplay object! But I thought they were going with two, and another two would only come after the expansion was released. My fear is that we won't have a single month without paid content, be it a stuff pack or expansion. It's getting me less excited about cool kitchen because I can see another thing to buy every month if I want it all. Do you want something like this in the vein of the TS3 store, or more breathing room between releases?

No there not doing too many of them. I like how I'm getting all this content every month. It makes waiting for expansion packs more bareable. Think of stuff and gamepacks as a TS4's version of the store.

I love the new gameplay objects were getting every month.
  • Options
    SweetAshGamerSweetAshGamer Posts: 67 Member
    I've not bothered with most of them.. I've only bought GTW because I was really interested in going to work with my Sims. It is looking like they aren't putting much effort into the more recent stuff.. I don't know.. maybe it's just me. :#
  • Options
    ashlitton wrote: »
    I've not bothered with most of them.. I've only bought GTW because I was really interested in going to work with my Sims. It is looking like they aren't putting much effort into the more recent stuff.. I don't know.. maybe it's just me. :#

You should try Spa Day they put a lot of effort into that and Patio Stuff has the Hottubs.
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    Sims 4 doesn't have the Sims store like Sims 3 did. The store churned out A LOT of content. I enjoy having a variety of game packs to choose from! :3
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    KatrinkuKatrinku Posts: 224 Member
    I like stuff packs. We need them. But they release to often.
  • Options
    cats3008cats3008 Posts: 135 Member
    Since I don't use any CC, i like the fact that they're doing more stuff packs & at a good price. I want even more stuff packs so my sim's can change up their wardrobe even more. I'd love 2 stuff packs a month!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ashlitton wrote: »

I actually think Spa Day might be the best pack ever produced for a Sims game. The amount of detail with the decor and equipment, the programming of actual yoga instructors (with their own specially designed mat that generates an instructor) and the various decor on the non-instructor mats, the way Sims autonomously go and change into the robe and wrap when they arrive at the spa, the calming New Age music in the background, the gorgeous new fountains and water features...it's all outstanding. I highly recommend it.

And from what I've seen from screenshots, the Cool Kitchen pack will be perfect for modern builds, especially the cabinets with the opaque glass windows. Can't wait to do some redesigns -- combining the new counters with other features like the half walls will really spruce up a lot of existing builds and inspire new ones. And the ice cream maker looks like a lot of fun -- though I'll probably have to send my Sims to the gym more often to work out.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    edited August 2015
    I feel the opposite. I enjoy seeing what new content they're bringing to the game and if we get something new every month that is just a bonus! The Sims 3 store did paid content all wrong but I feel The Sims 4 is doing it right. If I see something I like then I don't have to worry about it breaking the bank and I don't have to worry about picking and choosing between tons of expensive stuff every month. If I see something I don't like as much then I can either just not get it or wait for a sale.

The problem is that people seem to feel like they need to buy everything Maxis releases. It's your money and if something doesn't interest you, don't buy it. Duh.

In the 6 months between expansions I feel 1-2 game pack(s) and 4-5 stuff packs is a good amount. Again, if you see something you don't like or can't afford at the moment, waiting won't kill you.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I don't use cc other then makeup for my sims, and even then it goes through scrutiny. So for me the more stuff packs and Game packs the better! So far I've gotten them all for me and my best friend. We've liked the content though if there's something I don't like I won't buy it but so far that has not happened in Sims 4. :)
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I just wish they would come up with a subscription service to get all released content (packs and expansions) I would just rather do that than nickle and dime nickle and dime..
  • Options
    krystle0385krystle0385 Posts: 563 Member
    I definitely appreciate that they are coming out with a lot of content, but I much preferred the Sim Store version of it. Right now, I'm only interested in Patio Stuff for the hot tubs, and the Party one for the buffet table. I didn't purchase either one. With the Sims store, I would've bought the items I was interested in a la carte, so as not to bog down my game with unnecessary items.

Maybe in time, I'll change my mind and make a stuff pack purchase, but for now the promise of free dishwashers is enough for me.
  • Options
    I definitely appreciate that they are coming out with a lot of content, but I much preferred the Sim Store version of it. Right now, I'm only interested in Patio Stuff for the hot tubs, and the Party one for the buffet table. I didn't purchase either one. With the Sims store, I would've bought the items I was interested in a la carte, so as not to bog down my game with unnecessary items.

Maybe in time, I'll change my mind and make a stuff pack purchase, but for now the promise of free dishwashers is enough for me.

Even in the store some premium objects were locked to the set for months to a year aka rollercoaster,sauna,fixer upper car etc.
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I think of the packs like the sims 3 store. It doesn't bother me. I like having new content to consider. I only purchase if I would use it. Luxury party pack can keep those shiny outfits. Use perfect patio a lot.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    cherpar wrote: »
    I think of the packs like the sims 3 store. It doesn't bother me. I like having new content to consider. I only purchase if I would use it. Luxury party pack can keep those shiny outfits. Use perfect patio a lot.

I also consider the SPs to be TS4 version of the Store so in that light the rate of their releases isn't worrisome to me. My only issue is that, unlike the Store, you can't pick and choose which items you want out of the lot--it's either all or nothing.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Darkling wrote: »
    cherpar wrote: »

I also consider the SPs to be TS4 version of the Store so in that light the rate of their releases isn't worrisome to me. My only issue is that, unlike the Store, you can't pick and choose which items you want out of the lot--it's either all or nothing.

Agreed. :)
    I wish I could pick and choose. It's 10 bucks, so it's not a huge deal, but I don't want to clutter up my game with content I will never use. There are only a few objects I want from that pack. I don't see why content is available monthly would be an issue. Just put off buying it. Just because something is released doesn't mean you have to buy it now.

I passed on the Spa pack and I am passing on this pack.
    I'll buy everything that is out when TS4 has more features that I need.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    cats3008 wrote: »
    Since I don't use any CC, i like the fact that they're doing more stuff packs & at a good price. I want even more stuff packs so my sim's can change up their wardrobe even more. I'd love 2 stuff packs a month!

Same here ! I'm not a fan of CC so having the natural content is fine with me.
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Reading the replies, I forgot I could just buy at a later time... I guess I'm just to addicted to the game to realize that!
  • Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    Reading the replies, I forgot I could just buy at a later time... I guess I'm just to addicted to the game to realize that!

There's no such thing as too much content! (atleast for me)
    Though I would love to buy all the packs, alas money is an issue for me, and I've only bought both the game packs (since i feel you get the most out of your money on these).
    That said, I'm also just waiting for later. You dont HAVE to buy them all right when they release it. I still havent got GTW though i really want it. (its just too expensive). I've been seeing amazon offering 50% off GTW but alas my country doesnt have amazon and u need to have a US address if you want to buy from amazon.com....

Fingers crossed for christmas sales!
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    ZxujZxuj Posts: 233 Member
    The rate is questionable but the real question is will they lower in price over time or go on sale at some point.
    For Custom Content Free sims and lots look for me: Zxuj in the gallery
  • Options
    BESS73BESS73 Posts: 174 Member

You have a choice, you don't have to buy the packs if you don't want to.
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    In the sims 3 there were lots of complaints about the store (whether they purchased or not) also the price of the content was outrageous. One game object was usually 500 points meaning $5 for one object that may or may not have worked right. in the sims 4 stuff packs we are paying $10 for 1-2 game objects plus a few other objects and the game packs have more new objects and game objects than most of the worlds from the sims 3 the worlds were approximately $30-$40 the sims 4 game packs are $20.

on top of all that the monthly scheduled means players have 2-3 weeks to play with content (if they bought it) then there is an announcement for new content a week or 2 for hype and then the new content is played with for 2-3 weeks repeat cycle and you have "less" complaining and debates (arguments) about what should be next because its announced quickly.
  • Options
    irenemirenem Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm actually paying more for the Sims 4 "stuff" packs and add ons. The sims 3 store wasn't so bad for me. But they can keep adding on since I love playing the sims anyway. I just save my pennies until I can afford whatever comes out next.
  • Options
    TrulyATeen18TrulyATeen18 Posts: 56 Member
    theyre doing this because the base game literally had nothing. so they have to push these expansion packs and stuff packs.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I also wish they´d slow down the pace a little. Haven´t yet decided if I want Perfect patio, swoosh, Spa day is announced. Okay, glad for having passed up Perfect patio I start saving up for Spa day. Next thing to happen? Cool kitchen is announced. In the end I might not even buy Cool kitchen for fear that very soon something even better is announced.