Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Retaining EP/GP/SP icons on default override object mods: Is it possible?

This is probably a question for @SimGuruModSquad
Is it within the techinical bounds of the game to recognise when EP content has been default replaced with a mod and still apply the relevant EP icon to the object thumbnails?
I ask because I like my mirrors to be shiftable on walls (Why aren't they already? Animations aren't effected in this iteration of the game it seems.) and so I create object overrides that enable the AdjustHeightOnWall flag. The negative to this is that the EP icons are removed from their thumbnails as well as the objects no longer showing in search results when filtering by Pack in the catalogue.
I was also planning on making kitchen wall cabinets and shelving stay up even when walls are down but this has the same effect as it requires overriding the same resource types.
Is there any way of working around or adding something to the code to enable this, or is it hard-coded?
a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
Thoughts on a new wall mode?

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey @Alistu. Currently, the appearance of this icon is not something modded content can control.

It is possible we will change this in the future, but I can't guarantee that or give an eta. It's good to know this is something you guys would make use of so we'll see what we can do.
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    Thanks for replying. It just helps to keep things organised and removes the need for object duplicates in the catalogue.
    I did try to add the icons manually by using custom thumbnails but they didn't position the same in the catalogue so I removed them as I'm a little OCD about things like that matching.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?