Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 freezes on my Laptop i need help

I played the Sims 3 since its been out and now its just starting to freeze on me after a few seconds I've been playing it. It never froze before but I want to know why it does it now? I don't know if it's because I have a lot of custom content and downloading a lot of houses, sims, patterns, worlds etc.? So can you guys help me figure out why it does this?

Comments

• madison10594madison10594 Posts: 12 New Member
    Mine started freezing like that too. I deleted a bunch of custom content. Mainly worlds and lots. I also turned down the game settings. That seemed to help some :)
  • ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    Yup, cc will do it!

I also found that if I put something small on both sides of my laptop, elevating it, it runs much better.
    Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I had the freezing once and it turned out that my laptop needed the fan replaced.I also have a cooling pad I use to reduce the stress on it's internal fan.I've got an insane load if Mods and CC and that dosen't freeze it for me though my computer is too powerful for TS3.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • LunanaLunana Posts: 5 New Member
    thanks all of you for the help I tried every one of what you guys said and it helped the freezing stop
  • KityKittenMitensKityKittenMitens Posts: 199 Member
    Lunana wrote: »
    I played the Sims 3 since its been out and now its just starting to freeze on me after a few seconds I've been playing it. It never froze before but I want to know why it does it now? I don't know if it's because I have a lot of custom content and downloading a lot of houses, sims, patterns, worlds etc.? So can you guys help me figure out why it does this?
    cc does clogg up a bit but not unless you have tons. do you regularly delete caches and other temp files?
  • Billie_Bacon_1stBillie_Bacon_1st Posts: 11 New Member
    It might be how old your device is and it could be also how much space is being taken up on your device.
    everytime I play I make sure I delete caches and other temp files
    > @KityKittenMitens said:
    > Lunana wrote: »
    >
    > I played the Sims 3 since its been out and now its just starting to freeze on me after a few seconds I've been playing it. It never froze before but I want to know why it does it now? I don't know if it's because I have a lot of custom content and downloading a lot of houses, sims, patterns, worlds etc.? So can you guys help me figure out why it does this?
    >
    >
    >
    > cc does clogg up a bit but not unless you have tons. do you regularly delete caches and other temp files?

everytime I play I make sure I delete caches and other temp files
    are you sure your lap top can handle sims? have you currently installed a bunch of cc or an ep? and by a lot of cc and houses, how many exactly? also a bad cc can cause crashes in game and on start up along with other nasty things if the creator was a novice
    oh and id like to add, my game freezes after start up, so i allow it to sit for 5 to 10 mins, it loads and no lag after that. that could be it. does it lag freeze or just freeze? if it lag freezing when you try to move the screen and can see it lag to where you wanted it after a few mins, its the loading i spoke of due to so much content just wait and see what it does, if its just froze up and unresponsive then it might be bad cc, or your comp cant handle it
    > @KityKittenMitens said:
    > oh and id like to add, my game freezes after start up, so i allow it to sit for 5 to 10 mins, it loads and no lag after that. that could be it. does it lag freeze or just freeze? if it lag freezing when you try to move the screen and can see it lag to where you wanted it after a few mins, its the loading i spoke of due to so much content just wait and see what it does, if its just froze up and unresponsive then it might be bad cc, or your comp cant handle it

it does both
  • DebaratiDebarati Posts: 1 New Member
    I have sims 3 and it keeps freezing ALL THE TIME! This happened four times till now. Nothing works at that time. I can't even quit the game. It forced me to restart the computer. I made huge changes to Sims surrounding and I lost each and everything. Can anyone help me? My laptop is just a month old.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Debarati wrote: »
    I have sims 3 and it keeps freezing ALL THE TIME! This happened four times till now. Nothing works at that time. I can't even quit the game. It forced me to restart the computer. I made huge changes to Sims surrounding and I lost each and everything. Can anyone help me? My laptop is just a month old.
    A computer being "new" doesn't really mean much except for it's new. Computers have different hardware and it's the hardware that matters. It would be helpful to post your dxdiag. Also, please note which packs you have installed. How to gather dxdiag: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Then post here in multiple post or use pastebin.com

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • SaviourofpotatoesSaviourofpotatoes Posts: 111 Member
    edited October 2017
    I went on a massive buying spree for expansions and my laptop began to lag. I downloaded CCleaner, so I use that before I play, also anything you download and install via the launcher you can delete it once it's been installed as that tends to clog up the game and also, if you go into your your laptop settings you're able to change a setting which enables it to run at best performance rather than whatever your laptop may recommend however my laptop is fairly new, with good enough specs, and I only suffered with minor lag (as of yet) since doing all the above my game runs smoothly again, if yours is freezing continuously and badly chances are your laptop isn't strong enough to play it; if you let everyone know your specs I'm sure people can see whether or not your laptop can run the game.

Hope you figure it out;

P.s; YouTube is a great way to help get your game running smoothly, that's how I figured out mine. :smiley:

Edit: As stated above about changing settings, go on power settings, additional settings and select high performance. Also, try and turn down your settings in the game itself.