Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tattoos and custom skins/skin details layering

I wanted some advice in regards to the layering with tattos, and skin details.
A lot of the skins I have are actually listed as Skin Details, as they are S-Club ones.

However, they tend to cause issues if I want to have tattooed sims. Some appear on top of the skin detail, and others appear below.
Is there come kind of layering thing in the tattoos or is it to do with the skin details?

I'm willing to go in and edit things myself, so I can have it the way I want. But I don't know which I should go after. Editing the skins to remove the body textures (Because I only care about the heads being pretty), or trying to change the tattoos if it's to do with the tattoos.

I hope I make sense and someone is able to answer this @.@ I love having tatted sims so much, but I also love using the skin masks/details.

Comments

• Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Yay another Octo!

I would say to go with editing the but then again I use S-Club for the face and then LumiaLoverSims body skins as they go easily with tattoos.
  • Options
    Gabbi777Gabbi777 Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi. I don't know if this is the right topic for my problem but here it is: I created some moles for a certain sim in my game and when I try to use them with some custom skins that I downloaded, they just replace the respective skins. Is there something I can do so that I can use my moles with the custom skins that I downloaded? Please, can someone help me?
  • Options
    zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    > @Gabbi777 said:
    > Hi. I don't know if this is the right topic for my problem but here it is: I created some moles for a certain sim in my game and when I try to use them with some custom skins that I downloaded, they just replace the respective skins. Is there something I can do so that I can use my moles with the custom skins that I downloaded? Please, can someone help me?

Sorry, necro posting isn’t allowed on this forum. You can get warned in regards to getting banned later on.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Hi @Gabbi777 did you solve your problem? You may need to make your moles available in a different category so that you can use them with other skin details. I have seen sites where moles are also offered in the Face Paint category. I have no idea how to do that but, you could probably find out at Sims 4 Studio.