Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Short Story Challenges: October: So Spooky

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    @Carewren123 Hehe, I'm fine since I've already voted, but I wonder how other people are doing as well... There is a whole day left, not including today, but some people have schedules to keep... Hmmm...

I plan to read them all today and if I need to, I'll catch up tomorrow! Really excited about this month's entries! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Wooh I ended up being able to vote tonight :smiley:
    snvAF3B.png
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    edited July 2016
    Hi everyone,

I hope everyone in the States is having a nice 4th. :)

I know the voting for June is still going on but I do have my submission for July's theme and wanted to go ahead and submit that. I actually made proper word count (yay me!) with 1,275 total. :grin: So happy I didn't have to do some major cutting as I'd feared.

Anyway, here is my submission.
    Aurora%2B%2526%2BTyrone%2B2.jpg
    Daddy's Little Girl

This story features characters from "Forever in Time." It's a sweet little father/daughter talk between Aurora (my gen 2 heir) and her father, Tyrone, who has reservations about his daughter's relationship with former Casanova Silvan McBeth, Prince of the Fae.

I hope you all enjoy it and don't think it's TOO hokey or boring. LOL!
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Like I always say... the idea of voting is always so much easier before actually reading the stories! Wow! Amazing entries this month, everyone! Every story's a winner...
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    I just had a BRILLIANT idea for this month's story! I'm so excited to write it, because it'll fit this month's theme, as well as the major holiday for this month, while also bringing a relatively new issue (new to me, at least) into the light. So many things! :D
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • putacece4lyfeputacece4lyfe Posts: 1,734 Member
    @Carewren123 if you don't mind I could really use some extra time!
    disney-princess-challenge.png

Disney Princess Legacy Challenge Updated: 12/20 | Monthly Short Story Blog: Simming Through the Story Hour Haitus | It's an Olivia Love World Haitus
  • remi_narrowremi_narrow Posts: 478 Member

Hey y'all! How's everyone doing? :) I just finished reading all the entries for the month of June and wow they're all wonderful! Great job you guys!

tumblr_ml87q0tkrp1re3x32o1_.gif

I wasn't able to write a story for June but I'll try to write one for this month. The theme is so cool! @Carewren123 And you know the funniest thing happened :joy: When I first read the theme and the rules for this month, I thought we were supposed to start and end our story with the sentence "I open with the close" LOL :lol: Gosh, I just realized that's only the theme and the sentence we have to use can be absolutely anything! I laughed at myself for like five whole minutes! I'm such a goofball :joy:
    Read all the submissions and got my votes in. :) Great job, everyone! I loved all the stories for June.
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Thankfully none of the stories for June were jejune. *applause all around*

(Ah man, I'm hysterical)
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    This looks really fun! I'll try to write something for the July prompt - I have a couple of ideas but I don't know how well I'll be able to put them into practice yet. I guess we'll find out! :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    I still hope to get my June story out - into the for fun category, but for now I'll start thinking about what to do for THIS month. I need to get writing!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
    Thankfully none of the stories for June were jejune. *applause all around*

(Ah man, I'm hysterical)

Hahahahahs. Nope, no jejune stories at all. Some even had quite a kerfuffle. Tee hee. :grin:

Hoping my story for July isn't jejune but it might very well be.
  • TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    I'm back from my break. I'm going to make my story a little on the touchy side, as I like to cover controversial topics in my stories.
    July's theme is so interesting, but I'm really struggling! I think this has been the most open-ended theme yet haha I guess I prefer structure!

Maybe some kind of inspiration will strike...
    snvAF3B.png
    I got the entire story written out last night, and now all I have to do is add in the screenshots, if my game ever loads... *Glares at sims game*
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Goodness lots of new posts on the thread today. No time to respond to everything individually, but real quick...

I'm glad a lot of people are liking the theme for this month. :) For anyone struggling with so much freedom in choosing what to write about, maybe you could try searching for interesting writing prompts online to see if you can find a good opening/ending sentence that you like. :)

And since I did ask if anyone needed the time for June's vote to be extended I added one extra day @putacece4lyfe

And @sweetnightingale I'll add your story to the list on the front page. :) Actually since you're our first entry this month I'll start that list!
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • putacece4lyfeputacece4lyfe Posts: 1,734 Member
    Goodness lots of new posts on the thread today. No time to respond to everything individually, but real quick...

I'm glad a lot of people are liking the theme for this month. :) For anyone struggling with so much freedom in choosing what to write about, maybe you could try searching for interesting writing prompts online to see if you can find a good opening/ending sentence that you like. :)

And since I did ask if anyone needed the time for June's vote to be extended I added one extra day @putacece4lyfe

And @sweetnightingale I'll add your story to the list on the front page. :) Actually since you're our first entry this month I'll start that list!

Thank you! :)
    disney-princess-challenge.png

Disney Princess Legacy Challenge Updated: 12/20 | Monthly Short Story Blog: Simming Through the Story Hour Haitus | It's an Olivia Love World Haitus
    @Carewren123 - Awesome! Usually, I'm late,to,the party, so it's very rare for me to be first on anything. LOL.
    I somehow went from "omg I don't have an idea" to "the story is written and I'm going in game now to screenshot"

:joy: It will probably be submitted later tonight!

I decided to take the theme one step further... :tongue: You'll see eventually hahaha
    snvAF3B.png
    Hehe, here's my submission! I didn't get nearly as many screenshots as I wanted to simply because I quickly realized that I could not do what I wanted. :| But anyways, enjoy! :D
    The Memories
    These memories will always haunt me.
    So... this happened :tongue:

Behold, my July submission :smiley:

Before Her Eyes
    ZrJ4Qwc.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Voted! Phew! Just in time. All such great stories this last month. It was so hard to pick. Good luck to everyone!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    Hey Everyone,

I was able to vote yesterday! I just wanted to say great job everyone on their submission. They were all fantastic!
    sMggKkh.png

edited July 2016
    I came here to be all impatient about the results not being posted yet, then I remembered it got extended an extra day :tongue:;) (half-kidding. Hehe)

@Carewren123 I'm super curious -- how's it looking this month? Lots of ties again? (I love voting teases, don't mind me :lol:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    I came here to be all impatient about the results not being posted yet, then I remembered it got extended an extra day :tongue:;) (half-kidding. Hehe)

@Carewren123 I'm super curious -- how's it looking this month? Lots of ties again? (I love voting teases, don't mind me :lol:)

With the new voting method I can't tell as easily who's tied or in the lead or anything. There used to be a nice little bar graph that showed me the results - I just had to add up the points for all three questions in the poll. Now there are no graphs I have to add them all up by hand. Not a big deal. I just haven't done it yet. :) So right now I have absolutely no idea lol
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.