Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Short Story Challenges: October: So Spooky

Comments

• eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    I think I have an idea for this month :open_mouth:

YAAAAY! Breakthrough. *wiggles*
    edited October 2015
    CathyTea wrote: »
    To carry forward @CharmingMaruska's phrase and @Elubelle's brainchild, I'd like to propose 'A War of Zagadoos' for a future short story prompt! Not even joking. :);)

Oh, my! I am so all over this, I can't even begin to describe it! Little green and purple warring zagadoos all over SimDom!

Oh! I just got a great idea for this! Let's please! :smiley:

@Munterbacon's also probably going to have a field day with this one. He'll write a Game of Thrones-esque saga based on this prompt for sure! ;):smiley:
    Post edited by eXokamikaze on
  • putacece4lyfeputacece4lyfe Posts: 1,734 Member
    Honestly I think it's fairer if everyone didn't vote for their own piece. I would feel some type of way if someone did. But that's just me.
    disney-princess-challenge.png

Disney Princess Legacy Challenge Updated: 12/20 | Monthly Short Story Blog: Simming Through the Story Hour Haitus | It's an Olivia Love World Haitus
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    Ooo so excited for the October theme!

I just melted a cookie the size of a small plate in the microwave! I'm now going to enjoy it while I check out the September entries I missed! :)
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Ooo so excited for the October theme!

I just melted a cookie the size of a small plate in the microwave! I'm now going to enjoy it while I check out the September entries I missed! :)

Send one this way, please, friend!! Coooookies <3
  • sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    edited October 2015
    My sister and her kids stopped over to visit today, and we were like, "Here watch cartoons, now don't bother us, the grown-ups need to get their Sim on!"

Okay, not really, but kinda. Maybe. She's my baby sister and got me in to Sims in the first place (Sims 1, way back when!) but now she lives vicariously through my simming. Anyway, to the point! She read everyone's story, and wanted me to pass on that she was amazed and loved all of them. She even voted! Yay!

(re: voting - I'm on the fence about voting for oneself. On one hand I feel like CathyTea, on the other hand it's been so ingrained in me that it's not nice to vote for yourself that I even made my sister promise not to put my story first -- familial bias, and all.)
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited October 2015
    Can we all just take a second to appreciate that no two people had the exact same ending for their opening line??? (I know if mentioned this once before, but that was when we had less submissions). I love that! It says a lot about everyone's creativity, I think! (Sorry, I just randomly went back and re-read just the opening line of everyone's story :lol:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Can we all just take a second to appreciate that no two people had the exact same ending for their opening line??? (I know if mentioned this once before, but that was when we had less submissions). I love that! It says a lot about everyone's creativity, I think!

Whoa! That is really remarkable! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    @Carewren123

Hey there everyone here is the poll VOTE NOW. Just as a reminder please choose a different story for Each place ^^ 1st place choice will get 3 points, 2nd place choice gets 2 points and 3rd place choice gets one point. The story with the most points wins :)

Let me know if it works for you or if anything is fishy ^^ The poll will be open for 5 days. Happy voting!

Thank you for creating the poll, @Julyvee94, and for compiling all the September submissions, @Carewren123!

*wishes she could have 5 votes instead of 5 days to vote* ;):) I'm kidding, it's good as it is! Just hard as always to narrow down.
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Can we all just take a second to appreciate that no two people had the exact same ending for their opening line??? (I know if mentioned this once before, but that was when we had less submissions). I love that! It says a lot about everyone's creativity, I think!

It is neat. I have to admit though, that I did consider starting with "... opened my eyes..." which was used. Glad I didn't because I like that they're all different.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    I feel like this month's vote is even hard that the first. I had a much hard time deciding this time.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    edited October 2015

So many wonderful things were opened last month! :)

Edit for a misunderstanding! #NeedsToEatBreakfast
    I feel like this month's vote is even hard that the first. I had a much hard time deciding this time.

I agree @Carewren123 ! In one way it was easier, I guess -- for me, it was fairly easy to pick a top-3 (well, not SUPER easy, but easier than last month)... But deciding the ORDER to vote in was very tricky. I'm still second-guessing my decision a little actually, but it's too late :lol:

snvAF3B.png
    Time to start reading all of the entries!!

I'm super excited to see what you all came up with :)

It is neat. I have to admit though, that I did consider starting with "... opened my eyes..." which was used. Glad I didn't because I like that they're all different.

I considered that, too! :) After reading CeCe's and one other, I had to decide not to read any more of them, for I found they were influencing where I wanted to go! And I think others mentioned they also didn't read them while they were writing, which makes it even more amazing and delightful that we didn't use the same objects for opening! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

I'm just so blown away by the talent, dedication, creativity, and care! I mean, we're passionate, creative group, and it shows!

Re: opening lines, when I first sat down to brainstorm ideas, I literally just made a list in a notebook of all the ways I could think of to finish the sentence, then looked at each one and thought "where can I go with this?" :lol: It was actually very fun! I wonder if my list is still lying around somewhere :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
    Re: opening lines, when I first sat down to brainstorm ideas, I literally just made a list in a notebook of all the ways I could think of to finish the sentence, then looked at each one and thought "where can I go with this?" :lol: It was actually very fun! I wonder if my list is still lying around somewhere :tongue:

As you can see...I thought of 4 stories. Well, 3 and then the final one became an actual one. I do have the first one about the jewelry all written, actually....

As you can see...I thought of 4 stories. Well, 3 and then the final one became an actual one. I do have the first one about the jewelry all written, actually....

I think you should post it on your blog! :) All that hard work should be recognized, even if it didn't end up getting used for the challenge :)
    snvAF3B.png

I think you should post it on your blog! :) All that hard work should be recognized, even if it didn't end up getting used for the challenge :)

Seconded, @aroseinbloom! That was the beginning I liked the most!

haha.. when I look at the month's theme, I just do the very first thing I think of that pops in my head. well for last month it was the second thing that popped in my head. but it came just as fast. Unfortunately, I know it won't be like that all the time.

Disney Princess Legacy Challenge Updated: 12/20 | Monthly Short Story Blog: Simming Through the Story Hour Haitus | It's an Olivia Love World Haitus
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2015
    hehe Thanks @Munterbacon, it was well worth a little lost sleep. ;) I haven't settled on a definite storyline yet, but I have some ideas rattling around in the ol' attic. :) Thanks for the welcome @BBQPenguinWings!

Yes, @Carewren123 I have submitted a few entries for the BuildNShare challenge. I even managed to win a round in my category. I'll probably get back into it at some point when something piques my interest. I love building/designing in The Sims.

But, I like to try new things and challenge myself to improve in past interests so that's what lead me to this thread. Glad I found it and all of you! Thanks for the welcome and encouragement. :)
    @Karababy52 WELCOME!... I'm late but as they say... *pause for dramatic effect* Nope nevermind, too drained of energy to do the quote. Have fun while you're here can't wait to read what you have in store for us.

• Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    We already have 15 votes and there is a clear favourite :o But there are some ties behind that one. I wonder if the first place will swap before the poll ends ^^