Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Short Story Challenges: October: So Spooky

Comments

• SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I'm going to try and get mine done this weekend! I must do this!

YES! For sure, Joel!

I have two ideas! Both are funny in my head, maybe I'll do both and submit one xD
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    Lizzie1234 wrote: »
    @BBQPenguinWings can I be really cheeky and ask that if you do make notes for every submission (I say if because I know I plan to do stuff like that and get bored half way through haha) could I maybe see what your thoughts were on mine, after the vote?
    I don't mind at all if you'd rather not, I just thought it worth asking :)

Sure I don't mind. Just remind me. My notes won't be critical. Just probably more of what I've posted in each person's comments on the story already.
  • BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    I am going through and reading them all again and making notes on each. What I like, how I felt, etc. Because I love them all, it is going to be hard to choose.

I'd love to see your notes and responses, Trish, after the voting is over. It would be fun to have a Book Club type discussion about all the submissions. I'm sure we'll all have so many insights and words of appreciation to share!

I like this idea.
  • lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,874 Member
    Sure I don't mind. Just remind me. My notes won't be critical. Just probably more of what I've posted in each person's comments on the story already.

Great thank you! Yeah don't worry about making it too in depth now I've asked, I just want your thoughts :3
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • DavidMCSessyDavidMCSessy Posts: 1,148 Member
    I should start reading soon. ☺️
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
  • PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
    I seriously cannot wait for this. I just finished reading all the entries that have been submitted so far.

You sure are a talented bunch!
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    edited August 2015
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Is the vote going to start on August 31th or September 1st @Carewren123 ?

September 1st. I'll post it as soon as possible on the 1st. If I'm awake at midnight I'll post it then. :)

Edit to add: FYI I'm on central time in the US.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    I am going through and reading them all again and making notes on each. What I like, how I felt, etc. Because I love them all, it is going to be hard to choose.

I'd love to see your notes and responses, Trish, after the voting is over. It would be fun to have a Book Club type discussion about all the submissions. I'm sure we'll all have so many insights and words of appreciation to share!

Why don't you pencil it in for start of Sept? I would love to have group chat about these =)

Add it to Week of Sept. 7 maybe? Or something...
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    I'm going to try and get mine done this weekend! I must do this!

YES! For sure, Joel!

I have two ideas! Both are funny in my head, maybe I'll do both and submit one xD

I always prefer funny! *still has to work on her own*
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
    So when do we find out what next month's theme is? :flushed: is it weird that I'm this excited to get working on another submission?
    So when do we find out what next month's theme is? :flushed: is it weird that I'm this excited to get working on another submission?

It'll be announced on the 1st as well.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    It feels like August is taking forever :p
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Why don't you pencil it in for start of Sept? I would love to have group chat about these =)

Great idea, Munter! We can do this every month. We'll have the second week of each month devoted to discussing the Short Story Challenge stories! :)

YAY! I love it when things dove-tail and fit together, right @Carewren123 ? I love community projects that feed each other. Totally awesome.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Great idea, Munter! We can do this every month. We'll have the second week of each month devoted to discussing the Short Story Challenge stories! :)

YAY! I love it when things dove-tail and fit together, right @Carewren123 ? I love community projects that feed each other. Totally awesome.

Yes it's awesome! Waiting until the second week of the month is perfect too, because then the voting will be over. :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    I'm not sure I'll be entering this time. I'm glad I'm not alone. I just don't feel like anything is coming together. It's really strange, but I'm not going to get upset by it. :smiley:

As for the stories already entered, I'd caught up at one point, but I see there are new ones I need to read. :smiley:
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    I'm not sure I'll be entering this time. I'm glad I'm not alone. I just don't feel like anything is coming together. It's really strange, but I'm not going to get upset by it. :smiley:

As for the stories already entered, I'd caught up at one point, but I see there are new ones I need to read. :smiley:

We've got so many months! You'll have lots of chances to write something. I'm glad I was able to participate this time, because I'm sure I'll have months where I can't.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member

We've got so many months! You'll have lots of chances to write something. I'm glad I was able to participate this time, because I'm sure I'll have months where I can't.

Very true! I also became a part of a "show" here on the forums called "Are You Marriage Material?". They do a lot of role playing with the sims they created for this show. I'm really enjoying it and I'm learning so much on how to make my sim's character deeper and better. So, that's a big reason why I haven't gotten back to my story.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories

Very true! I also became a part of a "show" here on the forums called "Are You Marriage Material?". They do a lot of role playing with the sims they created for this show. I'm really enjoying it and I'm learning so much on how to make my sim's character deeper and better. So, that's a big reason why I haven't gotten back to my story.

Oh, how fun, lovestorms! That sounds awesome!

Yes it's awesome! Waiting until the second week of the month is perfect too, because then the voting will be over. :)

Could we discuss them in this thread? I mean otherwise the only thing this thread is really for is saying you submitted sth. Would be perfect to do the discussions here too right?

Could we discuss them in this thread? I mean otherwise the only thing this thread is really for is saying you submitted sth. Would be perfect to do the discussions here too right?

Oh, definitely!
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

Fine with me! @Munterbacon - what do you say? Shall we discuss the stories here in this thread and not in Book Club?

(I'm fine with anything! I just like us to talk about the amazing work everybody is doing, and I want every single story to get its moment in the sun.)

edited August 2015
    @CathyTea I would find it unfair for the stories that should be discussed in book Club that week. Skinner Saga and..? They might get lost between all the Short stories and that would be very sad. Thats why I suggest just discussing them in this thread. It would be very empty otherwise anyway except for the Submission announcements

Fine with me! @Munterbacon - what do you say? Shall we discuss the stories here in this thread and not in Book Club?

(I'm fine with anything! I just like us to talk about the amazing work everybody is doing, and I want every single story to get its moment in the sun.)

Silly me didn't even realize y'all were talking about in on the actual Book Club thread. I just thought you meant a book club-like discussion. I do think it would work really well here in this thread.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

@CathyTea I would find it unfair for the stories that should be discussed in book Club that week. Skinner Saga and..? They might get lost between all the Short stories and that would be very sad. Thats why I suggest just discussing them in this thread. It would be very empty otherwise anyway except for the Submission announcements

Oh--the stories would get their own week, for sure--in fact, I was thinking they might even need two weeks, since we have so many and they're all so amazing.

We'd fiddle with the schedule so that the short stories wouldn't need to be mixed in with anything else. (And don't worry, we wouldn't bump Skinner or move it--we'd just have the stories after the Skinner Saga.)

I'm pretty impossible with dates and chronological time (unless it's Sim time--For example, it's Sunday evening at Summer Camp, and it's Monday morning for the Boughs at Cradle Rock), so I didn't even check the dates or schedule.

We'd make sure everything got it's due.

But I'm for sure fine with wherever we want to discuss the stories, here or in Book Club. Either's fine with me!