Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happens with families when sending sims to the University?

Hi everyone, I just downloaded a few expansions on the Sims 3, including The Sims 3 University Life and I created a sim (Only one in the household) and sent her to the university and it was great, but then, on another household, I have a family, but I kind of want to send one or two of them to the university but I'm not sure what will happen to their family if I do. I don't want to miss the children growing up, and I don't really want them to come back really old either. And will I stick with the family back home, or the sim going to the University? Also, can you send more than one sim to the University at one time? And if you can, then can you still be in control of them both?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    When you send one or more sims to Uni, the others in your active household back home are frozen in time. Absolutely nothing happens to them. In fact, if you arrange it just right, you can return home in time after the semester is over to see them still waving goodbye. Sims in Uni and those back home do not age at all while a semester is in progress.

Without mods, you can send one or more sims from the same household to Uni at the same time and control all of them.

With the NRaas Traveler mod, you can send sims who know each other from different households at the same time (your household gets charged the tuition though) and choose whether to control them all while there or make the ones from other households behave as unselectable roommates. Either way, upon returning home, everyone goes back to the household they started in. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • InspireMeInspireMe Posts: 2 New Member
    That was very helpful, thank you!
  • DaynaGailDaynaGail Posts: 60 Member
    Yea you can have your sim in college as long as you want and the family will never change
    qa2jelcs80ft.jpg
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Sorry to piggback on this...

But is this true for pets as well? If I would send my Sim to University, her dog would just be frozen there, not doing anything while she was gone?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Sorry to piggback on this...

But is this true for pets as well? If I would send my Sim to University, her dog would just be frozen there, not doing anything while she was gone?
    That is correct. Nothing in the homeworld moves or ages while at Uni or on a WA vacation. Everyone and everything there is frozen, even your leftovers in the fridge. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Awesome. I assumed so... but just wanted to double-check.