Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Hasslich Prettacy - A Personal Announcement (April 2)

PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
I'm starting this thread for my current "prettacy." I was pretty bummed after all the previous generations of my previous one got culled, so I decided to start over and document my progress here--that way, if I lose my family tree again I won't feel so bad :) I'm not playing with any particular rules other than no cheats, and only one pregnancy per guy. I also want to thank @marcellala, whose amazing Cassia Turpis legacy inspired me to get started with this (I hope you're okay that she's blue like Cassia. My original founder (Elphie) was green, and when I started over I wanted to differentiate between the two).

So with that out of the way:

mjqtxs.png

sy3vox.png

Table of Contents

[Generation One]
Ch.1: Gonna Make This Place Your Home
Ch.2: I've Got Friends in High Places
Ch.3: Secrets
Ch.4: Grainna Gets Her Groove Back
Ch.5: Hey Baby Hey Baby Hey
Ch.6: Shock to the System
Ch.7: Do You Want to Know a Secret?
Ch.8: Oops, I Did it Again
Ch.9: Spark the Fire
Ch.10: Suspicious Minds
Ch.11: How Blue Can You Get
Ch.12: Oops, I Did it Again (and again)
Ch.13: Growing Older But Not Up
Ch.14: You've Got a Friend in Me
Ch.15: Sister, Do You Know My Name
Ch.16: Regrets, I've Had a Few
Ch.17: Love Will Keep Us "Alive"
Ch.18: Can't Fight This Feeling
Ch.19: Born to Run
Ch.20: Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not?
Ch.21: The News

[Generation Two]
Ch.22: Change My Way of Living
Ch.23: One More Day
Ch.24: Don't Stop Believing
Ch.25: Under Pressure
Ch.26: Conceived
Ch.27: At Last
Ch.28: Somewhere Out There
Ch.29: Hey, Soul Sister
Ch.30: The Circle of Life
Ch.31: Impulsive, Reckless
Ch.32: Here I Go Again On My Own
Ch.33: The Best Day
Ch.34: Free
Ch.35: The Best Laid Plains
Ch.36: Whatever It Takes
Ch.37: Welcome to Paradise
Ch.38: Life In The Fast Lane
Ch.39: I'm A Believer/Hasslich Family Reunion
Ch.40: See You Again
Ch.41: Day Has Come
Ch.42: Come Away With Me

[Generation 3]
Ch.42: A New Dawn, A New Day
Ch.43: The Art of Letting Go
Ch.44: Wishes
Ch. 45:Naked As We Came
Ch.46: Time to Grow
Ch.47: Born This Way
Ch.48: Crazy In Love
Ch.49: Patiently(?) Waiting
Ch.50: One Way Or Another
Ch.51: Cinder-Emmie, Cinder-Emmie
Ch.52: A Change Would Do You Good
Ch.53: Broken Promises
Ch.54: Little Fighter
Ch.55: On Bended Knee
Ch.56: Dreams & Nightmares
Ch.57: Coo Coo C'Choo, Mrs. Robinson
Ch.58: Come Together

[Special Chapters]

Keeping Up With The Hasslich's
Keeping Up With The Hasslich's: Gen 3 Edition

Gallery Info / Credits

Grainna's Original Home - TBA (not my own build, but I forgot to save it to my library).

Bar (Grainna Gets Her Groove Back) - my own build, listed in the gallery as Ellie Q's Bar & Lodge

Spa (Born to Run) - Wellness & Spa by MrsBuddGekko007

Beach Lot (Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not) - Bright Oasis Beach by hirondelle09

Seraphina's Remodel - my own build, listed in the gallery as Newcrest Bungalow

GF Lakehouse (Change My Way of Living) - Retro Canal Cottage by arielle47

Clarissa's Wedding Venue (At Last) - Chapel Wedding Park by tokulee

Elliott's Pool Hangout (The Best Laid Plans) - Sunny Day Swimming by MeerFiia

Ben Blue (Whatever It Takes) and Violette Purple (Keeping Up With the Hasslich's) - Blue & Purple by Ansina2

Romantic Bar (Life In The Fast Lane) - Blue Moon by RubenMumin

Seraphina's Wedding Venue (I'm A Believer/Hasslich Family Reunion) - The Little Chapel[/b] by danddrich (original by ju1ka)
Post edited by PeachyKeen88 on

Comments

• Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I'm so sorry your first founder got culled! I use this mod to stop this.
    Thank you for mentioning my story, i'm very happy i inspired you. And of course it's ok she's blue! I'm again confronted with someone better at making ugly sims XD
    Are you german? Because her last name is Hasslich/Hässlich and that means ugly and i'm sure that's not a coincidence ;)
  • PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
    edited July 2015
    Chapter One - I'm Gonna Make This Place Your Home

sy3vox.png

Meet our founder - Grainna Hasslich. Not exactly a traditional beauty, but her green eyes and flowing locks do lend her a certain allure. Upon aging into a young adult, Grainna was faced with a difficult decision - attempt to make a life for herself in her hometown of Sunset Valley - where appearance means everything - or start over, somewhere new and unfamiliar, all alone?

But Grainna was an only child and had recently lost her parents to old age. No one in in Sunset Valley wanted to be associated with the strange-looking, blue-skinned girl and she knew none of the superficial men there would ever give her a second glance. She had no friends and was fiercely lonely - so she realized she had nothing to lose by leaving.

And so it was decided - Grainna Hasslich was leaving Sunset Valley behind for good. She didn't have much money (her parents' home in the Valley only sold for $20,000) and she didn't have a job or even any skills to speak of - but she DID have a plan. Grainna was determined; she would found a legacy, create a successful lineage, and surround herself with family. Grainna was convinced that by founding a legacy, she would never be lonely again.

Grainna had heard that her great-great-great-great aunt Elphie had once started a legacy in Willow Creek. According to family lore, Elphie's legacy had spanned many generations - but all of Elphie's descendants had mysteriously vanished without a trace. Grainna's mother insisted it was a mass alien abduction, but Grainna paid no attention - her mom had always been a little insane.

And so, alien abduction theories notwithstanding, Grainna gathered her courage and bought herself a tiny cottage in a nice neighborhood in Willow Creek.

fyms14.png

The house was small, but Grainna didn't need much. She intentionally left most of her things behind when she moved, not wanting to be reminded of her lonely former self. And so Grainna found she had plenty of space to store her sparse wardrobe and the framed photos of her mom and dad. Of course she knew that she would need to renovate as her plans for a legacy got underway, but there was plenty of land for that, and in the meantime the place was comfy and cozy - exactly what she needed.

2mwi9o3.png

On her first night in Willow Creek, Grainna thought it best not to let any grass grow under her feet. She'd passed a bar on her drive into town, so she decided that it was as good a place as any to start. She nervously walked in and sat down at the bar. How would these people react to her? Would they judge her on her looks, would they be just as superficial as the people back in Sunset Valley?

2mcfs5g.png

A pretty blonde sat down next to her, and Grainna braced herself for what would come next.

But the blonde turned to her and smiled: Hi, I'm Dina Caliente! I haven't seen you around here before. Are you new to town?

10ct3jb.png
    2hyxymu.jpg

Grainna: I just moved in today, actually. I bought the little cottage across from that big haunted mansion.

Dina: Oh! You must mean Ophelia Villa. I'm from Oasis Springs and don't get out to Willow Creek very often, but everyone knows the Goth place. Don't worry, they're nice people, just a little odd.

Grainna was happy to hear it - she felt right at home with odd! She chatted away some more with Dina, who invited her to join her and her friends at a new club in town the next night. Grainna couldn't believe her luck - her first night in Willow Creek and already she was making friends!

edited July 2015
    Chapter Two - I Got Friends in High Places

The next morning, Grainna woke up to a knock on the door. She was feeling a little groggy from the drinks the previous night, but she quickly changed and went to answer. She couldn't believe her eyes - she had visitors!

333xt79.png

The visitors introduced themselves as Mortimer and Bella Goth. So these were the odd neighbors Dina had talked about! Grainna invited them to hang out for awhile, and was again surprised that these people were being so kind to her. She thought Mortimer seemed like kind of a downer, and Bella seemed pretty nosy. I mean - the woman asked a MILLION questions!!

Bella: What's your name? Where are you from? Do you like fruitcake? What's your favorite color? Is it fun being blue? Are you an alien?

Grainna: Ummmm. Grainna Hasslich, Sunset Valley, I don't know, orange, I guess....?, and no. I'm not an alien.

148dim8.png

Grainna was not amused, but she wasn't exactly in the position to be turning down friends, so she tried to play it cool. And before she knew it, she and Bella were actually getting along pretty well.

ilkiea.png

Bella: Hasslich? Are you related to Elphie Hasslich? I thought all the Hasslich descendants had disappeared!

Grainna: I'm a very distant relative.

Bella: Oh, I see. How fascinating, to be linked to a mass disappearance! But anyway - what do you do for a living, Grainna?

Grainna: Uh...... I'm sort of unemployed at the moment.

Grainna blushed. She didn't mention that she'd actually NEVER had a job before.

Bella: Well if you need a job, I might be able to help with that. My family has a little pull in this town. Do you have any idea what you'd like to do? What are your skills?

Grainna paused to think. She had always been kind of creative, and she knew she had a knack for finding the beauty in world--especially in the strange, the different, and the "ugly."

Grainna: I think I would really like to be a painter. Maybe even own my own gallery one day! But, uh.... The truth is I don't actually have any skills.....

Bella: That's not a problem. Everyone has to start somewhere! You'll have to start at the bottom, of course, but my friend Betty is an artist and she needs an assistant to clean her studio. Why don't you give her a call?

Bella gave Grainna the phone number before she headed home with Mortimer. As soon as they were out of sight, Grainna reached for her cell and dialed the number.

2jcfps0.png

After a short phone interview with Betty, Grainna was hired as a palatte cleaner. Her very first job! With a little luck and a lot of practice, Grainna hoped to quickly move up the ladder, and to one day be talented enough to paint beautiful portraits of the, um, BEAUTIFUL legacy she hoped to someday create. One point for Grainna.

2mzi8a0.png

edited July 2015
    Chapter Three - Secrets

Later that afternoon, Grainna was pleasantly surprised to see Dina coming up the walk to the house. As she went out to greet her, Grainna couldn't help but notice that Dina looked a little tense.

1y4d5e.png

Dina: Hey Grainna! I'm so glad I found the right house. I forgot to get your number last night and I wanted to make sure you were still coming out with us tonight.

Grainna confirmed that she was coming and asked what time and what she should wear. With all the details ironed out, Dina was about to leave when she paused and turned to Grainna.

2qd7hg6.png

Dina: Actually, Grainna.... There's another reason I came by. I wanted to warn you about my friend Don. He's coming out with us tonight, and I thought you should know that he can be very.....charming, and he is extremely handsome. But he has quite the reputation, and he's really only ever after one thing - so I didn't want you to be taken in by him if he starts getting flirty with you.

2i6m6h0.png

Grainna was flattered that Dina would think this Casanova would be interested in her, but she laughed out loud at the thought of her heart being broken. Grainna wasn't interested in love or relationships - she wanted family, a legacy. If she didn't suspect that Dina might actually have a crush on this Don, Grainna might have considered him for her first baby daddy. He sounded like the perfect candidate - good genetics, ready and willing to woohoo, and not likely to ask for any kind of commitment. But, it seemed obvious to Grainna that Dina was harboring a secret crush, and Grainna was definitely not willing to jeopardize their budding friendship - not even for good baby daddy genes.

Grainna: Thanks, Dina, but there's really nothing to worry about. All I want is to have some fun and make some new friends - romance is definitely NOT on the agenda for me tonight!

2i8i0lc.png

Dina: Tonight's going to be a great time, Grainna. I'm so pumped!

2akkxud.png
    20540me.png

And with a hip bump, Dina headed home and left Grainna to figure out what she was going to wear for her first big night out!

edited July 2015
    Chapter Four - Grainna Gets Her Groove Back

By the time evening rolled around, Grainna had picked out a super fashionable new outfit and had gathered enough courage to go to meet Dina's friends. She really wanted to make a good impression, and maybe even start scouting for her first baby daddy. When she showed up at Ellie Q's, she was full of nervous energy. Things seemed to be going so well in Willow Creek, and she hoped her luck would continue tonight.

Scanning the crowd, Grainna spotted Dina right away. They said hello and Dina introduced her to a group of people whose names Grainna immediately forgot. The only ones she could remember were the redhead, Nina, and of course, the notorious Don Lothario.

w9fxps.png

Grainna and Dina went to chat and get some drinks. They were becoming fast friends, and Grainna learned that Dina shared a home not only with her sister but with her mother and Don as well. They continued to get to know one another, and discovered that they had more in common than either of them had realized.

25ztdfb.png

Eventually Dina got up to use the bathroom, and Don took the opportunity to personally welcome Grainna to the neighborhood.

4ila37.png

Don: You're such a unique beauty, Grainna. I'd love to show you the town sometime.

Knowing what she knew, Grainna wanted to be repulsed by him, but Dina had been right - Don was charming, and very, very handsome. He was extremely hard to resist, but she didn't want to hurt Dina, and so she resolved to keep her distance from him.

The music was playing and the juice was flowing and before she knew it, Grainna had had a few too many. Without even realizing, she crossed the line from tipsy to completely juiced - and the rest of the night whirled by in a delightfully hazy blur.

idvxiw.png
    4tn809.png
    2ppa7na.png

At one point, Grainna even thought she saw the Grim Reaper dancing in their midst!

2dw89ci.png

She was definitely more juiced than she thought!

Later that night...........

29qmyj4.png

And then in the morning.......

Grainna: What happened last night?? And why do I feel so nauseous?

fc4tg3.png

@marcellala - I'm American but my family is German by heritage, so I know some German words lol. Hasslich being one of them :)
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    Oh my PlumBob! What an amazing and intriguing story! Love how you have woven your past legacy as well!
    AMB.jpg
    Thank you! This is my first attempt at something like this, so I'm glad you enjoyed it!

More to come soon :)
  • sidettisidetti Posts: 42 Member
    This is great, and very creative :D looking forward to the next update!
    Chapter Five - Hey Baby Hey Baby Hey

Between the grogginess, nausea, and this raging headache, Grainna struggled to remember what had happened the night before. She couldn't remember leaving Ellie Q's, getting home, going to bed.... She didn't even remember saying goodbye to Dina! Had she even paid her tab?

I guess this what a hangover feels like....

vg4d4g.jpg

Well, this was a first. Back in Sunset Valley, Grainna rarely got invited out and up until the night she first met Dina, the most juice she'd ever had was a glass of red with her parents on Snowflake Day. No wonder it had gotten the better of her....

But there wasn't much time to dwell on the events of the previous night, because today was Grainna's first day at her new job. She quickly showered and dressed, and as she trudged out the door, she vaguely noticed, out of the corner of her eye.... A black sock, lying crumpled in the hallway by the bookcase.

30ccgb8.png

That's strange. I don't own any black socks.

But Grainna was in a hurry, so she chalked it up to hangover brain and promised to clean the house when she got home from work - she really had been slacking on the housekeeping lately.

Her first day at work was uneventful but pleasant and she managed to be in a decent mood by the time she got home. Thankfully, the hangover fog had lifted and the headache was gone. She was still feeling just a little queasy though, so she had a light dinner before starting the housecleaning.

6qw853.png

She was just finishing up, dusting the bookshelves, when she looked down and saw that black crumpled "sock." She knew it couldn't ACTUALLY be sock, because she didn't OWN black socks, and why would someone else's sock be crumpled up on her floor? She bent down to pick it up.

OH. It WAS a sock. It was a MAN's sock.

And then the night started coming back to her, in bits and pieces.

The dancing.
    The drinks.
    The flirting.
    The kissing.
    The.......more than kissing. Much, much more than kissing....

And Don. It had to be Don - didn't it?

The face still eluded her, but who else would it have been? After all, Dina HAD warned her - Oh plum. DINA. She could never, EVER tell Dina.

Grainna suddenly felt sick to her stomach. She ran to the bathroom and vomited. She felt awful. She didn't know whether it was still the hangover or a physical reaction to her own behavior, or.....

The possibility dawned on her. What if she was... pregnant? This nausea couldn't actually be morning sickness? Could it?

She watched the little pink plus sign appear on the pregnancy test and a million conflicting emotions overtook her.

2mfayvc.png

On one hand, she was having a baby!! This was exactly what she wanted - a family, the beginning of her legacy, maybe even an eligible heir....

......But at what cost? How could she have done this to Dina, who'd been so good to her and welcomed her into her life? How could she do this to the only friend she'd ever had?

1054msw.png

What have I done??

• BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    Gaaaah! I always knew black socks were evil incarnated!
    AMB.jpg
    edited July 2015
    Chapter Six - Shock to the System

Grainna had no idea what to do next. Should she call Don? She didn't even have his phone number. Should she see a doctor? Should she eat some strawberries? What about work? She only started this job yesterday, and already she was going to have to ask Betty for maternity leave! Grainna was feeling wholly unprepared. This pregnancy had happened so much sooner than she'd planned, and she was barely making ends meet to begin with.

16jon6t.png

And of course, she still didn't know what to do about Dina. She knew she'd never be able to hide the pregnancy (let alone a BABY) from her, but Grainna wondered if she could skirt around the matter of the baby's paternity. After all, there was no reason Dina needed to know who the father was.....

But the guilt and stress was eating away at her, so Grainna decided to face the music and invite Dina over for a visit. She at least needed to tell her some of the truth, if not the WHOLE truth. So she nervously picked up the phone and dialed Dina. Let's get this over with...

23krj0m.png

Grainna waited anxiously for Dina to show up. When she spotted her coming up the walk, Grainna went outside to meet her.

Grainna: Before you say anything, I have to tell you something. Dina.... I'm pregnant.

Grainna held her breath, waiting for a response, gauging Dina's reaction for clues as to how much she already knew.

But Dina's broad smile and excited giggle stunned Grainna into silence. This was not the reaction she expected, but Grainna was relieved.

Dina: Congratulations! What wonderful news, Grainna! Is there anything I can do to help? When are you due? How about a baby shower?

e0g21d.jpg

Grainna thought she couldn't feel any worse than she already did, but she was wrong. Keeping the truth from Dina just made her feel even guiltier - she was going to have to come clean, no matter the consequences.

Grainna: I'm in the second trimester now, so, um.....sometime tomorrow. But, uh, Dina - there's something else. It's about the father, and I don't think you're going to like it. I can see you have feelings for Don -

Dina: Am I REALLY that transparent!?? I never wanted anyone to know.... But - I don't see what this has to do with Don? I mean, you left with Geoffrey Landgrabb the other night!

Grainna: Geoffrey.... WHO? Who is Geoffrey Landgrabb? I - I thought.... I can't remember what happened after the bar that night.....about Don - and you said- I was so juiced - and I thought..... I thought he must be the father....!

Dina blushed, and smiled guiltily.

Dina: Don's not the father, Grainna. Don, uh.... Don spent the night with me that night. Not that it meant anything. But, you - well you flirted with Geoffrey all night long and I watched you walk out with him. You were holding hands and walked off towards your place...!!

Well - this certainly came as a shock.

WHO THE PLUM IS GEOFFREY LANDGRABB?
  • lovingbabeslovingbabes Posts: 81 Member
    Exciting story love reading it .waiting on the next part i wonder whats going to happen next
    Chapter Seven - Do You Want to Know a Secret?

The very next morning, Grainna rushed to the library to do some research.

jrp5xi.png

She scoured the internet and was shocked to find a Simpedia entry devoted entirely to Geoffrey Landgrabb. Billionaire....Oasis Springs.... Old money. Married to Nancy, father to Malcolm, the next Landgrabb heir.

Well - this wasn't ideal. Just when Grainna thought she was off the hook for the Don thing, she had something new to feel guilty about. A married man!? - who was she becoming!? Grainna decided then and there - no more juice. She was officially off the sauce. She'd set out to found a legacy, not destroy families.

And besides - she would really need to be on top of her game in choosing her future baby daddies. Based on the website's picture of Geoffrey, he wasn't exactly a stunner. She would need to choose her genetics more carefully next time.

To: glandgrabb@landgrabinc.net
    Subject: It's a secret!!

Dear Geoffrey,

I can't say I actually remember you, but you probably remember me (I'm blue and am told I stand out in a crowd). I've been informed that we recently spent an evening together after meeting at Ellie Q's bar.

This may come as a shock, but I am pregnant and you're the father. Well, I think you're the father, anyway. I guess I'm about 78% sure, which is basically the same thing as knowing for sure, right?

I am going to raise the baby on my own. You see, I'm starting a legacy and always planned to raise my children alone anyway. I will never ask you for a single simoleon, and I will keep your secret as long as I live. I know you are a married man and I have no desire to destroy your family, but I believe you have a right to know about your child.

Beyond this, you will not hear from me again.

Sincerely,
    Grainna Z. Hasslich

PS - I have your black sock.

Grainna wondered when she had suddenly acquired a middle initial, but shrugged and hit send. Since she was already at the library, she decided it was a good time to pay her bills and research a little art theory.

300aznq.png

Just as she was about to get up to leave, she noticed a new email in her inbox:

To: sexysapphire@simmail.com
    Subject: Re: It's a secret!!

Dearest Grainna,

How could I forget you? Our night together was so special, but I am a married man. The fault is mine - my marriage isn't exactly a happy one and I never told you about my wife.

As for the baby, I will do what I can to help, but secrecy is of the utmost importance. I hope you understand.

Yours,
    Geoff

PS - I was wondering where that got to.

Well - that actually went better than Grainna had hoped. No drama, and Geoffrey would keep his distance.

Now all there was left to do was wait, and pray to the Watcher for a girl.

So she went home, and she waited.... and waited some more.

23vf97c.png

Until, two days later ---

33yl3rb.png

Grainna knew better than to go to the hospital for the birth. The doctor would inevitably ask for the father's name for the birth certificate, and Grainna intended to keep her promise to Geoffrey. The nurses might ask too many questions, or worse - she could run into Nancy or Malcom!

No - a home birth was the only option. Having her first child at home, alone, was a little scary and a little lonely - but Grainna had faith in herself. She prayed to the Watcher to give her strength, and soon enough, Grainna has given birth to her first (blue) eligible heir!

5vmwes.png

Welcome to the world, Seraphina Hasslich!

@lovingbabes Thank you! I'm glad you like it. I am trying hard to catch the story up to where I actually am in my play.
    Oh, Seraphina also has the alien baby look! So maybe i'm right that pale skintones+blue skin tones mix together to the light blue alien skin tone! And Geoffrey Landgraab? I mean, i had a baby with his son, but i never considered him lol.
    Great writing btw, i like your flow!
    @marcellala - I think you might be right about the skin tones. It'll be an interesting experiment going forward. Considering Grainna and Geoffrey are both human, I was pretty surprised to see her come out with an alien skin tone (and alien baby clothes!). But then I remembered Cleo and Savannah. The green skin tone seemed to work differently though in my other prettacy save - the founder had 9 kids (!!!!) and 7 of the 9 had the skin tone of their father (light/dark didn't seem to make a difference), one was green (but his father was blue) and there was only one who turned out green where there was a "regular" skin toned father.

Anyway, regarding Geoffrey - he turned up at the bar I sent Grainna to with Dina and Don. Grainna and Geoffrey autonomously entered into a suggestive conversation, and I just went with it. I liked the idea of less than perfect genetics, to keep things interesting.

I just love where the story has gone with Geoff, I can't wait to share!
    Chapter Eight - Oops I Did it Again

During her pregnancy, Grainna had spent most of her money renovating the second bedroom into a nursery for Seraphina. Broke and behind on the bills, she spent the next few days focusing on improving her work performance and painting skills.

20gg0hj.png

Grainna wanted Seraphina to have a decent childhood - which meant making sure their water and electricity never got turned off, and being able to afford a bed for Seraphina once she aged up into a child. Simoleons were tight, and so Grainna wanted to take her time and build a bit of a nest egg before searching for her next baby daddy.

Of course, life doesn't often go as planned.

Grainna was out for a run one morning when she spotted a hunky brunette walking by.

rvzrwo.png

Naturally, she saw this as an opportunity and just had to go introduce herself. She thanked the Watcher that she never went anywhere unprepared, and quickly ducked behind a tree to change into her everyday clothes - She wanted to make a good impression with the hunk.

His name was J Huntington III, which Grainna thought sounded a little pompous, but she let it slide -- This wasn't about personality.

5br80y.png

Of course, Grainna knew that true beauty is inner beauty, but she also knew how hard life could be when the outside isn't as pretty as the inside. She wanted an easier life for her children than she had herself growing up, and Grainna feared that she had already failed her first daughter - her own genetics combined with Geoffrey's would not be kind to her darling Seraphina.

So while her first pregnancy had been spontaneous, if not entirely careless, Grainna vowed that her second child would be fathered by a carefully chosen baby daddy. She would take her time, go slow, make sure she was making an informed, logical decision.....

288j69.png

2h2nvjs.png

What????! I took my time! I talked to him for ten whole minutes!! I know EVERYTHING about him!! Like... He has dimples...and muscles....and I mean - those abs!

They disappeared into the bedroom, and then...

2zeytcw.png

Oooooops.....

Turns out Grainna's not exactly the patient type.

She was so excited about the possibility of passing his hunky genetics on to the next generation that she immediately went to the bathroom to take a pregnancy test.

Fortunately, it was positive! Grainna gave herself a mental high five for a job well done and decided it was only right to share the big news with J.

begh1g.png

His reaction was less than stellar, and Grainna was vexed to learn at this late hour that J was actually quite the commitment-phobe. Not that it really mattered, in the end - he was far too full of himself for Grainna's taste. But she HAD enjoyed her time with him and in three days, she would have another beautiful-ish bundle of joy to show for it.

After J left (translation: after Grainna shooed him out of the house), it was finally time for Seraphina's birthday!

2qkl7qf.png

**Where the plum did that red hair come from??"
    Chapter Nine Spark the Fire

Seraphina grew up into such a little cutie! She was a quiet and studious kid, which suited Grainna just fine, since she had an aspiration to see her child get an A in school.

2irvlns.jpg

She also turned out to be a bit of a neat freak, which also suited Grainna just fine, since she was constantly exhausted from work and pregnancy, and was finding it hard to keep up on the housework.

im6mmw.png

9gka6b.png

Grainna and Seraphina quickly became best friends, and Grainna did actually wind up having enough money to buy her daughter a bed of her own. Basically, she was pretty much killing this whole motherhood thing.

Geoffrey actually turned out to be an involved and doting father. He came by the house just about every day to spend time with Seraphina.

With Geoffrey hanging around so often, he and Grainna found themselves spending a lot of time together. They worked well as a team, and so they decided it only made sense that they co-parent their daughter jointly. As their friendship continued to deepen, Grainna began to notice things about Geoffrey she had never noticed before.....the endearing big ears that matched her own; the tiny grays in his blonde mustache, and most of all, the kindness and devotion he showed their daughter. Much to her dismay, Grainna found that whatever spark had been between she and Geoffrey, was - for her - still very much alive.

Grainna lay awake at night trying to talk herself out of her blossoming feelings:
    This is ENTIRELY inconvenient! He is MARRIED, and you are pregnant with ANOTHER MAN's baby!! Haven't you done enough damage already? He doesn't even want you, Grainna! You've seen his wife!

But it turns out that Grainna wasn't the only one who felt that spark.

x5a8i8.png

Geoffrey: Since we have a moment alone, Grainna - there's something I've been wanting to tell you.... I love you. I've loved you ever since the first night we met. I know it sounds crazy, but I want to leave my wife for you, so we can get married and start a new life together!

Grainna: Oh, Geoff. I would be lying if I said I don't have feelings for you, too. But you can't leave Nancy. You have a son, and an empire to run. And I have a legacy to build. Look at me - I'm pregnant with another man's child!

Geoffrey protested, but he and Grainna both knew she was right. Hard as it might be, their relationship would have to remain platonic. Grainna told herself that she was so lucky already, she didn't need romance in her life. She had a wonderful daughter, who had a wonderful father, and for Grainna, that was more than enough.
    edited July 2015
    Chapter Ten Suspicious Minds

One sunny afternoon, Seraphina invited her new friend Ruben to come over after school. Seraphina was generally pretty shy, so Grainna was glad to see her making friends with other children.

wcn8dc.png

Ruben: Thanks for inviting me over, Seraphina - I love playing at your house!

Seraphina: My house is okay -maybe tomorrow I can come and play at your house!

Ruben: Oh, I live with my mom and dad and my little brother, but we don't have a house. That's why I like your house so much!

Seraphina: What do you mean you don't have a house? Are you homeless?

Ruben: Oh, no - we're just "currently not in world." I don't really know what that means but I hear the grown ups talking about it sometimes.

Seraphina: I wonder if my dad has a house. Or maybe he's currently not in world, too?

Ruben: You don't know where your dad lives?

Seraphina: Not really. He comes over a lot, but I don't know where he goes when he goes home.

Ruben: Maybe you should ask him! Then we could go and play at HIS house next time!

29w7kue.png

Seraphina realized she was curious about her father. She had never asked why Geoffrey didn't live with them, and since Grainna didn't see the point of telling her that Geoffrey had a (huge, gorgeous) home in Oasis Springs where he lived (with his son and extremely rich and beautiful wife), there was a lot Seraphina didn't know about her dad.

Seraphina resolved to get some answers the next time her dad came over to visit. Since he came over so often, she didn't have to wait too long.

Seraphina: Dad, what does "currently not in world" mean?

Geoffrey: Oh honey, where did you hear that?

Seraphina: My friend Ruben told me his family is "currently not in world," and I want to know what that means.

Geoffrey: Well - it means that your home is.....invisible.

Seraphina: Invisible? But that doesn't make any sense! How can you take an angry poop on an invisible toilet?!

Geoffrey tried to explain, but Seraphina wasn't really listening anymore, anyway.

Seraphina: I still don't get it....Dad, are YOU currently not in world?

Geoffrey could see where this was heading, and he was starting to panic.

Geoffrey: No -

Seraphina: Then where DO you live, Dad?

Geoffrey: Well.... I live in a house. It's far away from here, and you're too little to walk that far, so I always walk to come see you instead.

Seraphina: Can I come play at your house? I can walk very far, you know. Me and Ruben could even walk there together!

Geoffrey wasn't quite sure what to do. He knew he couldn't take Seraphina to Affluista Mansion.....ESPECIALLY not now, not with what was going on at home..... but he also couldn't tell her why. Still, he couldn't bear to break his daughter's heart.

Luckily, he had an idea. It wasn't perfect, but it was something, and he hoped it would be enough.

ojkmkp.png

Geoffrey: I would love to take you to my house, but it's uh - well, it's under construction. So I thought you might like to come play in this park instead! It's not where I live, but my house is pretty close to here.

Seraphina noticed that her dad seemed kind of tense. She could tell he was trying to hide it, but he kept his head down kept looking over his shoulder. She was becoming a bit suspicious.

2reqi6h.png

Seraphina: What's wrong, Dad?

Geoffrey: Nothing, honey. How about we call each other by our nicknames today?

Seraphina: But we don't have nicknames for each other...

Geoffrey: Sure we do - remember that one time you called me Stinkbrain? How about you call me that today instead of Dad? And I'll call you..... Peanut-head!

Seraphina: Uhhh, ok - Stinkbrain.

She laughed, because it WAS fun to call her dad "Stinkbrain." But Seraphina was smart for her age, and she was beginning to catch on. There was something verrry fishy going on here, and she was going to find out what it was.

Later that night, Seraphina logged onto Simpedia. If her dad wasn't going to give her the answers she wanted, she would have to find them for herself.

It didn't take her long to find what she wanted, but as Nancy Langrabb's face stared at her from the computer screen, Seraphina realized that some secrets are better left hidden.
    Chapter Eleven How Blue Can You Get

Time flies so fast, and soon Grainna found herself in her third trimester. This pregnancy had been more taxing than the first, and she was more than ready to leave her days of waddling and back aches behind.

So when the time came, Grainna called Geoffrey to come stay with Seraphina, and then drove herself to the hospital. This was a completely different birth experience than she'd had the first time around, and Grainna was beyond grateful she didn't have to go through a home birth again.

2cqy7ub.png

Compared to the pregnancy, delivery - for the most part - was a breeze. For a brief moment she felt like her heart had been ripped out, but the doctor assured her it was just indigestion.

A few hours later, Grainna grinned as she held her second eligible heir in her arms. Blue like her sister, and with J's exceptional genetics, Grainna was confident that her new baby was the future of the Hasslich legacy.

Yeah, I wouldn't be so sure, Grainna.

28veohf.png

Welcome to the world, Clarissa Hasslich!

Meanwhile :

Seraphina was playing outside while Geoffrey took a nap on the couch. She'd been having trouble looking him in the eye, knowing what she now knew, and so she found it easier to just avoid him entirely.

Normally they would read or play chess together, and she could tell he was hurt when she said she wanted to go outside to be alone. But Seraphina was either angry or sad - sometimes she couldn't tell which - and she found she really just didn't care very much how her father was feeling at the moment.

She was walking aimlessly down the sidewalk, wondering how her mother was and whether her new sibling would be a brother or a sister, when a voice jolted her out of her trance - "Little girl, have you seen my husband?" The voice was harsh and jarring, and definitely not friendly.

Seraphina looked up into the eyes of Nancy Landgrabb.

Nancy: Did you not hear me? I asked if you'd seen my husband. His name is Geoffrey Landgrabb, I assume you've heard of him.

Seraphina stared at her, a niggling, mischievous part of her wanting nothing more than to stir up some trouble.

And then she noticed the woman's belly.

Seraphina: You're PREGNANT!

The realization dawned on her that the baby in that belly would be related to her - it would be her little sister or brother, just like the baby being born at the hospital at the very same moment. Without thinking, Seraphina reached out and put her hands on Nancy's belly.

qno61k.png

Irritated, Nancy swatted her away.

Nancy: How observant of you. My husband?

Seraphina: No. No, I haven't seen him, I'm sorry.

And with that Nancy sighed and walked off, taking her belly and the baby in it back to the house where they lived with her father.

.....With HER father. To the big, beautiful house where they lived without her, where she couldn't ever go because no one knew about her. Because her father kept her hidden like a dirty secret.

2l9s4qs.png

Sweet Seraphina was feeling unusually sour.
    Chapter Twelve Oops I Did it Again (and again)

With a fussy newborn and a cranky child at home, things were not exactly calm on the Hasslich home-front. Seraphina was in rare form, sulking and lashing out at her mother, and completely ignoring her father whenever he came to visit. It was out of character for Seraphina, but with her next birthday looming, Grainna shrugged and chalked it up to prepubescent mood swings.

Grainna had poured the few simoleons she'd scraped together into a small addition for the house, and so once again she dove head first into her career. Not only did she REALLY need the cash, but it was important to her to be able to paint a beautiful portrait of her firstborn once Seraphina aged up.

And so, for the next few days, Grainna spent most of her spare time painting on her easel in the yard.

20uwyv5.png

Naturally, it was during one of these painting sessions that Grainna was distracted by an attractive candidate taking a walk by the pond behind her house.

Impulsive as ever, Grainna immediately dropped her paintbrush and ran over to say hello.

j5xt7o.png

He said his name was Michael Bachelor, and though he seemed a little....overwhelmed....by her unique beauty, he was extremely receptive to Grainna's not-so-subtle advances.

2evvhu0.png

1ot45e.png

Her attempts to take things slow had never really worked out for her in the past anyway, so after some heavy flirting, Grainna decided to throw caution to the wind and invite Michael in for a "drink."

Of course, they both knew what that really meant:

28uryvo.png

Michael was extremely handsome, and while Grainna emerged from bed feeling fully satisfied, the experience had confirmed for her that her heart belonged to Geoff alone. Even if this romp with Michael didn't result in pregnancy, she already knew things wouldn't go any further.

17phy1.png

Michael: Well, that was fun. Again??

Grainna: It *was* fun. But the truth is my heart already belongs to someone else...

Michael: No offense, Greta--

Grainna: My name's Grainna --

Michael: Okay, then - no offense, GRAINNA, but I'm not interested in you in that way anyway.

Grainna was a little taken aback by his bluntness, especially when she was trying to let the guy down easy.

Grainna: Well I guess that's that, then. You got your casual woohoo, I got a shot at my next heir. Everybody's happy, right?

Michael: Sure, so I'll see you - wait, WHAT? What do you mean, your next heir?

Grainna: Oh yeah, about that. I'm the founder of a legacy and it's very possible that you just made yourself the baby daddy to an eligible heir. Isn't that GREAT?

Michael: No. No way, absolutely not. I CANNOT be your baby daddy. I have a family! A wife, kids, the whole shebang!

ndlhcx.png

Grainna could not believe this was happening again! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!

Grainna: But you said you were a bachelor!

Michael: I said my NAME was Michael Bachelor! And anyway, that's not even my real name! I just said it was, in case you knew my wife!

Grainna: You're a pig.

Michael: Call me whatever you want, my family situation is already way too plummed up for me to get involved with you and your legacy. If you're pregnant, you're on your own.

And before Grainna could even ask his real name, he stalked angrily out the door.

Not that it really mattered, anyway. With any luck, she was already pregnant with her third and final baby girl.....

The next day, Grainna waited until Seraphina had gone off to school and then went to take the pregnancy test.

Her emotions were mixed. On one hand, if she was pregnant, the father was Not-Michael-Bachelor - whoever he really was. But, on the other hand, if she was pregnant, and if if turned out to be another girl, Grainna would consider her duty to her legacy complete. She would finally be free to follow her heart. And maybe, if the stars aligned, she would have a second chance with Geoffrey....

She closed her eyes and peed like a champion. The pink plus sign appeared, and Grainna smiled.
    I really had to laugh at this:
    " but she let it slide -- This wasn't about personality." This is so true. otherwise Cassia wouldn't have any children lol
    Grainna really has no luck with the guys, has she? Although i kind of suspect that Nancy's kid might not be from Geoffrey, so there might be a future for them?

Do you play with my rules of succession (only female heirs, no gender influencing)?

@marcellala - I am playing with the same rules. I always have a female heir in my legacies and it seemed to make the most sense with a prettacy anyway. I was surprised to get two girls right off the bat - my original prettacy founder had 7 boys and only 2 girls! I'm starting to play with the idea of moving one of those sons' families into Grainna's neighborhood somewhere down the line...

As for Nancy's baby - I will say that it IS Geoffrey's. He was pretty messed up after Grainna turned him down, and this pregnancy was the result.