Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Four-Man Legacy Band Challenge (TS3)

invktionsimmeryinvktionsimmery Posts: 3 New Member
One of the many things I enjoyed about the Late Night EP was definitely the addition of Bands to the game. This meant I could become a great Guitarist, Pianist, Bassist, or Percussionist, and rock out with my closest friends, making loads of money. Because of all the possibilities that came with Bands, I decided to create a Challenge. So, without further ado, I present to you...

~The Four-Man Legacy Band Challenge~

-Your Sims-
To start off the game, you need to create four Sims; one Sim for each playable instrument. They can be made however you please, so long as they meet the following criteria:
- Each Sim must have the Star Quality and Virtuoso traits.
- Each Sim must have at least two traits that conflict with that of another Sim (e.g., Sim A is a Party Animal, while Sim D is a Loner).
- The fifth trait must improve the Sim's ability with a certain skill (e.g. Natural Cook).
- One must start out as an Adult, two as Young Adults, and the last as a Teenager.
Other than that, there's nothing you really need to worry about, regarding your Sims.

-Your Home-
Unfortunately, as there aren't many cheap places to house four Sims in Bridgeport, the list of allowed houses is very small. So, taking into consideration what a player really needs to house four Sims, especially four Sims that would need space for instruments, the list of permitted residences is as follows:
- 2097 Edgewood Rd. (aka 'I can't believe it's not Buttercup')
- 2207 Edgewood Rd. (aka 'Back to the Fuscia')
- 2256 Edgewood Rd. (aka 'Rhapsody in Blue')
- 2303 Edgewood Rd. (aka 'Mint Julia')
Because these are all nice residences that, when built up, could easily house more than four Sims, your four Sims may only live in these houses. Moving between the four is optional. Oh, I should mention that you need to buy the house unfurnished, for two reasons. One, it allows you to be a little more creative with your interior decoration, and two, there are specific criteria your house must meet, both for the wellbeing of your Sims and the ability for this challenge to be completed. The requirements for your house are:
- The house must have suitable furniture to house four Sims. This means that it needs at least two bedrooms, one bathroom, a kitchen, and a living/dining room, minimum.
- There must be an outdoor area of at least 6x7 on the lot. This doesn't really have a significant purpose, but it does mean your Sims can enjoy a small area for an outdoor party!
- The house must have an indoor area for playing instruments. Whether this is its own separate building or part of the house is up to you, but to be a really good band, you do need a room for your Sims to rock out in!
This may seem like a lot to do with less than 20,000 Simoleons, which is why you're allowed to use Motherlode once. Only once, mind. That should leave you with enough money to build a house that meets the criteria. Because of how much you need to do with 60,000 Simoleons, I recommend that you be careful with your money. Spend it on the stuff that you really need, like instruments, and worry about the niceties later!
Note: You are allowed to revamp your home whenever you feel like it, so long as your home still meets the requirements.

-Careers-
So now, you have four Sims who have comfortable homes, and comfortable lives. Almost. There are a few things that need to be dealt with first. Like money! Because of how unreliable the Gig system is, your Sims need another source of income. So, here's what you're allowed to do:
- Only one of your Sims may be unemployed.
- At least one Sim must work in the Music industry.
- At least one Sim must work in the Film industry.
Of course, here comes the obvious question: "Are my Sims allowed to busk?" The answer? Yes! Busking is probably one of the most important parts of a musician's life, and because the Sims is like a second life, it's just as important. Feel free to busk anywhere and everywhere; the cash is vital.

-The Next Generation-
This is vital in completing this Challenge, as it is with every other Legacy Challenge. Children can be given birth to by any band member or their lover/spouse, or can be adopted. However, there are a few rules:
- A child cannot be born to two band members.
- When adopting a child, you have to be adopting it with a band member who does not already have a child.
- A band member can have no more than one living child at any time.
- When the child becomes an Young Adult, they must replace their parent in the band, and that Sim cannot leave the band until all of the rest of his/her generation are in the band.

-Gigs-
Gigs are a very important part of any band's life. A band without Gigs will never succeed! Because of this, Gigs must be taken up whenever available. However, there are a few things to be aware of...
- There must be at least three members in the band when performing a Gig. You will automatically fail the Challenge if there aren't.
- If you fail to make it to a Gig, you may not accept a Gig for at least two weeks.
- Each Sim in each generation must perform at least one Gig.

-Points-
Yes, points apply in this Challenge! Your points will only count if you complete the challenge (have 10 generations of your band, without the band ever dying). Here's how you earn points:
- You earn one point for every Sim in your band. When a new Sim moves into your band, you gain a point for that Sim.
- You earn one point for every level in your Sim's chosen instrument. You gain five points when you reach level 10.
- You earn one point for every promotion your Sims get (excludes Part-Time jobs). You gain five points at max promotion.
- You earn one point for every 1,000 Simoleons a Sim makes while busking.
- You earn five points for every Gig you perform, and an addition two points for every 500 Simoleons you made from that Gig.
- You earn five points for every 20,000 Simoleons house value.
- You earn ten points for every achieved Lifetime Wish.
- You earn one point for every 1,000 Lifetime Happiness Points you spend.

Please ask any questions about this challenge that you have, and if you're doing it, send me updates on how your Challenge goes!

Edit: Added additional rules:
- Because of how difficult it may be to start off with the set money (will be listed below), your Sims may hire a maid or a butler for the first two weeks. After that, you're on your own.
- Start off with 1,500 Simoleons (use the testingcheatsenabled true cheat and then use familyfunds (insert last name of 'first' sim) 1500).
- The same instruments your first Sims used must be used by every generation afterwards (in the event of theft, a replacement may be purchased).
- You may only renovate your house within the first three days of your Sims moving in. After that, you must wait for 2 in-game weeks.
Post edited by invktionsimmery on

Comments

• invktionsimmeryinvktionsimmery Posts: 3 New Member
    Any takers?
  • SimLover48702SimLover48702 Posts: 153 Member
    I'm interested in it, so I'm adding it to a challenge directory I'm making to get other people interested :)
    tumblr_mub46s5VJ51so0aeto1_500.gif
  • GernadiaGernadia Posts: 677 Member
    I have a few challenges I want to get through first but I'd definitely be interested in doing this one at some point! It looks very fun.