Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What bugs aren't fixed in July 9 update?

WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
Looks like the 1.9 update is out and fixes some glitches including the "B opens Basement Tool on OS X" and "Hot Tub increases Fun" but it looks like some aren't fixed such as the Beloved glitch.

I looked at the patch notes and I think the Beloved trait bug isn't fixed. If you don't know the Beloved bug is, the bug occurs when two or more Sims get the trait. The Trait is supposed to remove Relationship decay but due to a bug, if another Sim unlocks the trait, the Trait will no longer work for the original Sim who had the trait. This is considered a major game breaking bug and I don't think there exists a mod that addresses that problem.

Say for example, Bella has Beloved so her relationships don't go down. If Mortimer unlocks it, the trait will work for Mortimer but stop working for Bella causing Bella to lose relationships. I wonder if EA has fixed it, this bug has probably been present since the game's launch.

What bugs/issues that are present but not fixed? Be aware though some bugs may be fixed but might not be mentioned on the patch notes. I wonder if EA are aware of the bugs mentioned in this thread.

Any bugs in blue with a strikethrough are fixed in 1.10. Such bugs are listed under Bugs fixed in August 6 update, version 1.10. Bugs in red still remain in 1.10.
Bugs confirmed to not be fixed in 1.9.
Bugs fixed in August 6 update, version 1.10
  • The number of servings are always displayed after loading a game. In early versions, loading the game didn't show the number of servings until a Sim grabbed a serving.
  • The Eye color bug. @LeGardePourpre
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
Post edited by WinMacSims3 on

Comments

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited July 2015
    Up to now I found one bug that is fixed that was not in the patch notes and that's the reverse lot issue in Newcrest.

Don't know of anything else that was fixed.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• LiahonaLiahona Posts: 21 New Member
    edited July 2015
    The beloved bug isn't fixed. I discovered that it appears to apply to all sims across all households. I have a sim in a different household that has beloved and my sim in the current household I'm playing that has beloved is losing relationships even though no other sim in the current household has beloved.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Honestly, we should perhaps stop reporting new bugs till they sort out annoyances that exist since the game release.
    Beloved is just one of them.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    There's a lot of other bugs that weren't fixed like the TV staying on even when your sims turned it off by themselves, etc.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • SandunSandun Posts: 94 Member
    I was hoping the mailbox-problem would be fixed. Nothing in the patch notes about mail though... I get very tired of waiting for the mail all day.
  • jtravers88jtravers88 Posts: 591 Member
    The game is riddled with bugs. If I was a developer on the game I'd be ashamed.

More often than not, bed woohoo speeds up for the last few sim minutes instead of completing normally like with a tent or hot tub. This prevents pregnancies with try for baby since it happens with that interaction too. THIS IS A GAMEBREAKING SHOWSTOPPER.

Need bars sometime appear white, no color in them at all. With color, sometimes when filling they don't change back to green.

Sims will suddenly appear next to wherever they were seated in various settings. Whether it's the bed, couch, stools. Certain transaction events randomly leave them standing and broken out of all interactions.

I plan to tube a lot of these bugs, particularly the one with bed woohoo.
  • jtravers88jtravers88 Posts: 591 Member
    Was the lice cold freezer issue fixed?
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    jtravers88 wrote: »
    Was the lice cold freezer issue fixed?

No. I tested that yesterday.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• orlyonokorlyonok Posts: 191 Member
    edited July 2015
    The bug that prevents you to move a stack of photos/fruit/what ever from one sim to another is not fixed either.
    Really annoying since my photograph sim takes hundreds of photos, but my other sim sells them in the store... It takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r to transfer the photos one by one...

Edit: spelling
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    orlyonok wrote: »
    The bug that prevents you to move a stack of photos/fruit/what ever from one sim to another is not fixed either.
    Really annoying since my photograph sim takes hundreds of photos, but my other sim sells them in the store... It takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r to transfer the photos one by one...

Edit: spelling

I will add that. I also noticed another issue that isn't fixed, Sims still drink from the fridge despite that supposed to be disallowed in December 16 update. A lot of Simmers report that Sims also tend to drink Milk and Orange Juice since GTW. Furthermore, Sims will drink even if Hunger is Green.
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    I dunno if anyone's mentioned it but my Activities and Skills tab still says I've never looked at some objects (i.e. telling me there are new things I haven't placed) But I've placed every single item in that category, hidden and unlockables and it still says I've not placed down the "new" things. I think it's a GTW bug, they said was fixed but mine has not been fixed and it's driving me bonkers!
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • BrooklynGingerBrooklynGinger Posts: 27 New Member
    I still can't transfer patient cases when playing the doctor career in GTW. Ongoing issue since release that was supposed to be patched back in April. Also, when switching to fast forward mode, the game often gets stuck. Many players have experienced this, and I've previously had to start a new game just to get rid of it. I'd rather not do that again and again, as it makes working on my Sims rather pointless.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    I've added those. I want to make sure people are aware of this thread because of the unfixed bugs.
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    THIRST!!

Was fixed in the December patch but returned with GTW. Want this fixed, again
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    I still can't transfer patient cases when playing the doctor career in GTW. Ongoing issue since release that was supposed to be patched back in April. Also, when switching to fast forward mode, the game often gets stuck. Many players have experienced this, and I've previously had to start a new game just to get rid of it. I'd rather not do that again and again, as it makes working on my Sims rather pointless.

hey @BrooklynGinger just want to confirm you have tried this: in order for my sim to get the Doctor to transfer the case i needed to engage the doctor socially or be friends with the doctor. the easiest was to simply queue up something short like a joke so that they didnt start conversing and then queue up the transfer case. worked like a charm, HTH
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    If anyone is interested in the status of bugs specifically related to build mode, we keep this thread updated with every patch. A few build mode issues were fixed in the patch, but as crin noted, not many.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    I dunno if anyone's mentioned it but my Activities and Skills tab still says I've never looked at some objects (i.e. telling me there are new things I haven't placed) But I've placed every single item in that category, hidden and unlockables and it still says I've not placed down the "new" things. I think it's a GTW bug, they said was fixed but mine has not been fixed and it's driving me bonkers!

I'm having this problem as well!
    832XG3D.gif
  • KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    Please understand I'm not trying to derail this thread or cast aspersions/doubt about any of the foregoing, but I don't have any of these bugs except the TV one and that was cured with the last patch. Perhaps this is a problem with the computer being used? I have an Acer X3995 with an intel core i3 3220 processor and integrated graphics, nothing special. Or are these just bugs that strike randomly?
  • Reaper5901Reaper5901 Posts: 33 Member
    You know everybody sometimes wonder why we add mods to our game and sometimes do have comments about the mod we add but let me explain why we add mods it,s not to play better maybe sometimes but 80% of the time the reason we add them is to correct the stupid mistakes that EA makes by not fixing the bugs we have in game so to fix it we add mods i say thank you to all creators for doing EA,s job common EA pull your socks up if you want to keep selling SIMS
  • Reaper5901Reaper5901 Posts: 33 Member
    Sorry for the spelling it,s because of the poor mistakes :)
    edited July 2015
    KevWalker wrote: »
    Please understand I'm not trying to derail this thread or cast aspersions/doubt about any of the foregoing, but I don't have any of these bugs except the TV one and that was cured with the last patch. Perhaps this is a problem with the computer being used? I have an Acer X3995 with an intel core i3 3220 processor and integrated graphics, nothing special. Or are these just bugs that strike randomly?

Some of them are common bugs (that means everyone who has downloaded the patch will have it). Most of the bugs are random. And was the TV one fixed? Hmm. Maybe I should go in game again and check cuz I thought it wasn't.
    832XG3D.gif
  • KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    Yeah I still have the fridge one where you get the "clean out spoiled food" action come up right after you use the last portion of food! Some day they might get 'em all... :#
    Yeah I still have the fridge one where you get the "clean out spoiled food" action come up right after you use the last portion of food! Some day they might get 'em all... :#

Wait, that is a bug...? I thought my sims are just lazy and they leave the empty plate inside... LOL.

And to anyone who cares, I still have the TV glitch...
    832XG3D.gif
  • TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Wait, that is a bug...? I thought my sims are just lazy and they leave the empty plate inside... LOL.

And to anyone who cares, I still have the TV glitch...

I clean my fridge manually, and it is the empty plate they leave behind that causes the message. Not sure that is a bug, but maybe just poorly worded, as it doesn't distinguish between empty plates and actually spoiled food.