Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dust to Dust: A tale of life, death, and love [COMPLETE 11/24/15]

1303132333436...Next

Comments

• haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    haswh wrote: »
    I decided to read this story last night, I read the first 10 chapters and stopped. I was hooked!!! This morning I woke up early (because all I could think of was this story!) I got my tea and began to read, three cups of tea down. Then I drank lots and I mean lots of water as the day progressed and read and read and read (I did take breaks when needed). I have laughed, I have cried, I have been so filled with emotion I can't even describe it! It has been one of my most wonderful days in a long time! This story is wonderful and magical and I thank you @CitizenErased14 for it! Now after some much needed rest I hopefully will get started on Ashes To Ashes tomorrow! Thank you again!!! Oh my gosh my face is so puffy, I wonder why?!?! :):D:(:/:o:s:p:|:#o:)o:):'(:'(:'(:'(:):):):)

Oh my goodness @haswh this comment has made my day! :heart: I am so excited and happy that you took the time to read my story and go on Lucas and Evelyn's journey :heart: Even after all this time, this story is truly my "baby". I love it so much and love the characters so much too! It always means so much when I learn that others have enjoyed it and been so moved by it. So thank you so much for taking the time to read and leave this lovely comment. It's much appreciated! :heart:

I hope you enjoy Ashes to Ashes as well! :) It's very much a soap-opera haha and it's quite long so far, so take your time! Thank you again :heart:

I am very afraid I will catch up! I loved reading the whole story at once! It felt like a book to me and I haven't read a book in a long time... :'( I have been a avid reader of books my whole life and this one grabbed me and didn't let go! <3 Thanks again @ CitizenErased14. :) Your an AWESOME writer!
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Spent the last two days reading and sniffling over this beautiful and moving story. I loved that I never found it to be predictable and even with all the sadness it was still happy at the same time.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    Spent the last two days reading and sniffling over this beautiful and moving story. I loved that I never found it to be predictable and even with all the sadness it was still happy at the same time.

@Frn0731 Thank you so much! This made me so happy! I'm so glad you enjoyed my story so much. This story will always be so close to my heart, and it means a lot that you took the time to read and share your thoughts with me. Thank you :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    #teammel that is all
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    OJenn wrote: »
    #teammel that is all

Lucas deserved a warm body to bang.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Today marks two years since I started D2D. :heart: Thank you to anyone and everyone who has read! ^_^
    snvAF3B.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    HAPY BORTHDAY LUCAS
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Sorry for the random bump, but @chalicen has spoiled me haha. She already drew a beautiful piece of A2A fanart. And now, she sent me some lovely D2D fanart today! A beautiful picture of Evelyn.

YJ1DyX0.jpg

I love it chalicen. It captures so much. Thank you :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    It's soo pretty!

(Yep, I have this bookmarked for some reason. I can't remember if i'm honest. :lol: )
  • AvieLeagueAvieLeague Posts: 37 Member
    I recently discovered SimLit and dived in to explore stories. I stumbled across Dust to Dust and wound up reading the entire story in a single day. What a beautiful, beautifully-written story! From a technical standpoint, I was especially impressed with the wordless entries. It's amazing how much emotion and nuance you were able to capture, and how much story you told without saying a word. Thanks so much for sharing this story with the world. I'm looking forward to reading your other works! (OK, maybe not today, because I still need to catch up on my to-do list from yesterday... ;) )
    lv-banner-posterized.jpg
    Loud Voices: Sims and drama and rock and roll.
    Thank you so much @AvieLeague ! I appreciate the kind words you shared about my story, and I’m so thrilled that you enjoyed it so much :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Just started Dust to Dust and looking forward to finishing it and moving on to Ashes to Ashes. I'm on Chapter 20 and can't wait to see what happens next!
    @MVWdeZT Oh thank you so much! :heart: I’m so glad you’re enjoying it so far, and I really appreciate you reading!
    snvAF3B.png
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,325 Member
    @CitizenErased14 I hope it's okay for me to post here even though it's been awhile since the last one. I just wanted to tell you, I started reading "Dust to Dust" a little while ago, and I really like it. Not quite finished yet, but the story has me very hooked. I love how you tell parts of the story with just pictures. I like the cinematic effect that creates. Very well done.

I think I may be getting close to the end. Is "Ashes to Ashes" a sequel, or something unrelated?
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    @GlacierSnow Oh I don’t mind at all! In fact, I really love it when I find out that people are still reading this story, even though it’s long over. :heart: Thank you so much for checking it out and taking the time to read it! And I’m glad you enjoy the wordless chapters. Those were always so fun for me!

Ashes to Ashes is vaguely related, but not a sequel :) lt’s a drama/legacy that follows one of Lucas’ descendants. So although the plots aren’t related, it’s a generational story that follows the Ainsworth (now Rosebrook by marriage) family line :) No supernatural stuff like D2D though... but still lots of drama :joy:

Thank you again so much for taking the time to read D2D, and to leave a comment too! Means a lot :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • KitsumiKitsumi Posts: 20 Member
    I apologize in advance if my thoughts are all over the place in this post - I'm still reeling from what I just read, and immediately had to create an account on this forum so I could tell you my thoughts.

I've started reading simlit before, but have never felt drawn into the story enough to finish. But Dust to Dust was so incredible, I just sat down and read it all in a single sitting. It took like 5 hours, but the time seemed to fly by because I was so enraptured. Your writing is incredible, the characters were so real, and the story as a whole was just the greatest emotional roller coaster. I cried maybe half a dozen times while reading this. I'm a writer myself, and I appreciate a well-crafted story that can bring me to tears... and this was one of the best things I have read in such a long time!

I just wanted to say thank you so much for this story. I honestly can't even think of the right words to describe just how much I loved Dust to Dust.
    @Kitsumi Oh wow, this made my day! Thank you so much for your kind words :heart: D2D is my baby and it makes me so happy to see people still enjoying it! It means a lot to me that you not only took the time to read (in one sitting!) but also to make an account here to share your thoughts. That is awesome and I appreciate it so much :heart: Thank you again!
    snvAF3B.png
    Howdy, D2D peeps! :heart: (if you’re still out there!) Just stopping by to let everyone know that D2D is being discussed in book club this week! If you wanna pop by and reminisce a little with me, you can do so here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/947864/book-club-citizeneraseds-dust-to-dust#latest :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    I bumped into Ashes to Ashes today, reading about Dust to Dust in the first post, so I thought 'ah, let's try that'. And now so many hours later I'm just crying over how beautiful this story was, man. I've seen good stories, and this one is added on that list of good stories. I know it's been a long time since you've finished this, but still, I wanted to comment :P Now I can go start following Ashes to Ashes, but I do think I'll go slower on that one, because I lost a lot of time today hahahahaha.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    @Skeilah Ahhh! You have made my day with this :heart: I’m so glad you enjoyed Lucas and Evelyn’s story. I have loved writing Ashes to Ashes (and I hope you enjoy it too!) but Dust to Dust will always be my baby, and it seriously makes me SO HAPPY to see people still reading it and connecting with the story all these years later.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read, and for taking the time to comment too. It means so much :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @CitizenErased14 I always hope to accomplish something like you did with your story. Still being read years after published and still touching people. You also made my day with that beautiful story :) Thank YOU! <3 You can be really proud of your baby. I look forward to reading Ashes to Ashes. ^^
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top