Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dust to Dust: A tale of life, death, and love [COMPLETE 11/24/15]

Comments

• sidettisidetti Posts: 42 Member
    This story is great, Eleanor's backstory chapter was perfectly executed - it really gives her personality. Have a fun (and safe) flight!
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Another chapter today! I'm still on vacation so no picture, sorry! Haha

Chapter Seven
    snvAF3B.png
    New update! And I'm back from vacation so now I can post pictures again haha

cover4.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited July 2015
    Your story is really nice! Website looks great also! And as another poster stated, you update more often than I do.
    Thank you again to everyone who's reading! I appreciate it! Here is today's chapter!

ByVm1rr.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • totalRainbowtotalRainbow Posts: 425 Member
    I've been offline since the end of last week, but I'm almost all caught up! Just waiting on the chapter nine page to load. Love the story. And I'm excited to see what Lucas as a teen with a busier life brings to the story.
    # BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge : Rosenburg
    Forum Thread | Blog
    New chapter time! This one and the next one felt like I was writing for a soap opera... XD Apologies for the cheesy, feels-y drama (there is a LOT more to come later in the story XD), but I secretly love it.

nIumQyv.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
    Another soap opera-worthy chapter for you guys hahaha

5znZRLZ.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
    You guys will be getting TWO new chapters today :) One now, and one in a few hours

Here's the first one!

VZ0FcJw.jpg

Check back in a few hours for the next one :)
    snvAF3B.png
    Here's today's second chapter! :)

5cTdA3t.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • dshdsh Posts: 65 Member
    Just wanted to say how much I am loving your story! It's the first one I read completely over here. I can't imagine the turmoil of emotions that are likely to spring up as Lucas gets more into his 'normal' life!

P.S: I have an unsettling feeling that the camp trip will give him another romantic interest.
    2w35aaa.jpg
    dsh wrote: »
    Just wanted to say how much I am loving your story! It's the first one I read completely over here. I can't imagine the turmoil of emotions that are likely to spring up as Lucas gets more into his 'normal' life!

P.S: I have an unsettling feeling that the camp trip will give him another romantic interest.

@dsh Thank you so much for checking out my story! I actually JUST posted the latest chapter a few minutes ago :) I normally post a new chapter every day! You'll find out soon what's in store for Lucas when he goes camping haha Thanks again!

Here's the new chapter!

bWnDn74.jpg

snvAF3B.png
  • RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member

I know! I have this feeling too, I'm scared for Evelyn
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
    Rivie wrote: »

I know! I have this feeling too, I'm scared for Evelyn

I keep wishing that I could comment on things like this (either saying "yes, you're right!" or "nope, way off!") but I don't want to spoil anything :P You guys make this hard for me ;)

Also, @Rivie left a comment on the latest chapter that inspired me to write-out the "rules" that exist for the ghosts in my story, so I thought I would share them here too, if anyone's curious!

1) They can only be seen by people who believe in ghosts, but there are “shades” to this — like, if you’re skeptical but kinda open-minded, maybe you’ll hear a whisper or see a shadow out of the corner of your eye, but you won’t really see them. If you’re a full believer, you’ll see them completely like Lucas sees Evelyn, and if you totally don’t believe (like Lucas’ parents), you see/hear nothing

2) They can’t “feel” things the way people can. Heat/cold/wet/dry/etc can’t be felt by them. If they touch a person, they can sense that there’s something there, but they can’t “feel” the way a person could feel another person. That’s why it’s hard for Lucas and Evelyn to kiss or touch. I imagine ghosts as being like a bubble — even the tiniest bit too much pressure, and they “pop” (or, in this case, you go through them!)

3) They can only come out at night. They can leave their graves at sunset and have to return at sunrise. Evelyn spends the daytime sitting in the darkness between the human world and the afterlife (where we saw the Grim Reaper leave her behind in her interlude)

4) They are bound to their graves — They cannot leave the lot that their grave is on, so Evelyn is stuck in the confines of the house/yard (with a tiny bit of wiggle-room, like the park area behind Lucas’ house. That’s the farthest she can go). The only exception would be when she’s in the darkness, because other ghosts can pass through from time to time (that may come up later… I will say no more XD)

I figured that may clear up some things -- like why most people can't see her, why she only comes out at night, why they have a hard time being "physical" with their relationship, or why Evelyn can't go places (like camping with Lucas) :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Moonlight.SonataMoonlight.Sonata Posts: 125 Member
    I came upon your story in the Writers' Lounge, and I loved it. I just read the first chapter and will move on to more now, but I had to comment here, before I got to into it.
    Creation and Inspiration.
    rsz_1simstories.jpg
    Origin ID: Lunarokz | tumblr: http://lunarokz.tumblr.com/ | Wordpress: https://lunarokz.wordpress.com/
    Blogger: http://lunarokz.blogspot.com/
    I came upon your story in the Writers' Lounge, and I loved it. I just read the first chapter and will move on to more now, but I had to comment here, before I got to into it.

Thank you so much for checking out my story!

snvAF3B.png
  • totalRainbowtotalRainbow Posts: 425 Member
    Just catching up, been a busy past week for me! I'm loving the Lucas-Evelyn thing but so worried about their unusual relationship problems. I want them to work so much!! Keep doing you :P cause I love it.
    # BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge : Rosenburg
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Moonlight.SonataMoonlight.Sonata Posts: 125 Member
    Just finished your story up to what is posted. Its was great to read. Looking forward to more.
    Creation and Inspiration.
    rsz_1simstories.jpg
    Origin ID: Lunarokz | tumblr: http://lunarokz.tumblr.com/ | Wordpress: https://lunarokz.wordpress.com/
    Blogger: http://lunarokz.blogspot.com/
    Thank you guys for continuing to follow the story! :)

Here's today's chapter... I will warn everyone, there is underage drinking and strong language in this one (would you expect anything else from a group of unsupervised teens? Hahaha). When I say 'strong', I'm literally talking 3 f-bombs. Just a heads up in case anyone is uncomfortable with swearing -- don't want to shock you guys too much!

yOTyqlq.jpg

snvAF3B.png
  • Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 905 Member
    edited July 2015
    I like how you have thought about those rules for your ghosts. :)
    I knew everything isn't going well when teenagers are camping without adults. :( I wonder what will happen morning after...
  • dshdsh Posts: 65 Member
    edited July 2015
    Wow...you are QUICK!

All and all...it was much better than I expected... I was afraid Lucas would have a drunken one night stand or whatever. I am not sure where this is heading though.. WIll his friends simply forget it or else?

That text message was FUNNY! The parents must be freaking out at home!
    2w35aaa.jpg
    edited July 2015
    Hemera123 wrote: »
    I knew everything isn't going well when teenagers are camping without adults. :( I wonder what will happen morning after...
    Wow...you are QUICK!

All and all...it was much better than I expected... I was afraid Lucas would have a drunken one night stand or whatever. I am not sure where this is heading though.. WIll his friends simply forget it or else?

Thank you @Hemera123 and @dsh ! I enjoyed building up the anticipation of the camping trip haha even though I don't think it turned into what people were expecting. (Also, as for my quickness, I've written about 5 chapters ahead and I try to write an additional chapter a day, meaning that if all goes as planned, there should be a new chapter every day until the story is over haha)

And as for Becca and Damien's reactions, unfortunately we don't get to see it, but I have this image of Becca staring at her phone in horror and showing it to Damien and him trying to choke back laughter while she smacks him on the shoulder. Then she'd grab her car keys and insist on going and getting Lucas and Damien would talk her down (and he would secretly worry a little bit himself, but he trusts Lucas enough not to completely flip).

*shrug* That's what I imagine, at least :lol:

snvAF3B.png
  • RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    Hemera123 wrote: »
    Wow...you are QUICK!

Thank you @Hemera123 and @dsh ! I enjoyed building up the anticipation of the camping trip haha even though I don't think it turned into what people were expecting. (Also, as for my quickness, I've written about 5 chapters ahead and I try to write an additional chapter a day, meaning that if all goes as planned, there should be a new chapter every day until the story is over haha)

And as for Becca and Damien's reactions, unfortunately we don't get to see it, but I have this image of Becca staring at her phone in horror and showing it to Damien and him trying to choke back laughter while she smacks him on the shoulder. Then she'd grab her car keys and insist on going and getting Lucas and Damien would talk her down (and he would secretly worry a little bit himself, but he trusts Lucas enough not to completely flip).

*shrug* That's what I imagine, at least :lol:

Thank you for at least letting us know how it would have been at his house. :smile:

" I don't think it turned into what people were expecting." I'm glad things didn't turn out like I expected but it's only one chapter.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
    Today's chapter is up! :) Thanks again for reading!

tDgwSaB.jpg
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top