Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4: Farm Life

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    *cries because I want a pack like this so much*
  • Options
    sdangelo78sdangelo78 Posts: 75 Member
    I love this idea. This is one EP ild really look forward too
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Yes! Who wouldn't want this?

SimFarm_3.png

....Ok, maybe they could update it at little.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Lakya8002Lakya8002 Posts: 3 New Member
    farmlife is an awesome idea, there so much going on with city life we need to take it back to the country. i do want to chip in that a fantasy line would be nice; containing animals such as dragons, unicorns, griffins, and a phoenix would be nice as well.
  • Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited August 2016
    This type of pack would make my life. I just want the animals to be free-range, and not attached to their buildings like that crap they tried to sell us in ts3 store....
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I think this could be a lot of fun. Having cows and hens, crops too.

When it comes to pigs and bacon that an earlier post mentioned, I wonder how they will deal with that. Will sims be able to slaughter animals themselves or send them away and get meat in the mail. Just don't see it at the moment since it's feels very polite in nice all around.

I think we have a better chance of seeing hens for eggs, cows for milk and perhaps sheep for wool. And crops. It would be a surprise to me if we got animals for meat.

We will see, keeping all my fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    I think this could be a lot of fun. Having cows and hens, crops too.

When it comes to pigs and bacon that an earlier post mentioned, I wonder how they will deal with that. Will sims be able to slaughter animals themselves or send them away and get meat in the mail. Just don't see it at the moment since it's feels very polite in nice all around.

I think we have a better chance of seeing hens for eggs, cows for milk and perhaps sheep for wool. And crops. It would be a surprise to me if we got animals for meat.

We will see, keeping all my fingers crossed!

If they ever did introduce the slaughtering of animals I imagine it would be like what you mentioned, sending the animal away and then receiving the meat in the mail since slaughtering the animal onscreen might push the game into an M rating even if they just put pixelization over it. I'm not sure if the ESRB would care or not.

If we ever did get a farming oriented EP then I hope that we would be able to purchase the animals like we could purchase pets in the Unleashed EP for Sims 1. Although that's assuming they would be free range and not tied to a particular object.

• Options
    zigzag86zigzag86 Posts: 1 New Member
    Would love to see a farming expac! my friend and i love the sims, would love to be able to get a huge property and build a ranch! i loved the horses in the sims 3 but never really had enough room to make a horse ranch! plz make this happen!
  • Options
    SuzywongSuzywong Posts: 33 Member
    This sounds perfect
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    zigzag86 wrote: »
    Would love to see a farming expac! my friend and i love the sims, would love to be able to get a huge property and build a ranch! i loved the horses in the sims 3 but never really had enough room to make a horse ranch! plz make this happen!

I've always wondered, what is the difference between what is called a ranch in the US, and what is known as a station in Australia?

A station is a Crown land pastoral lease, they're for the grazing of sheep and/or cattle. They're extremely rural. Children who live there attend School of the Air, and get medical help via the Royal Flying Doctor Service.
    Younger workers on stations are known as jackaroos and jillaroos, basically they're trainee stockmen.

The largest station here is a bit bigger than the country of Israel. And significantly larger than the largest ranch in texas. We don't do things by halves downunder.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    PhoibePhoibe Posts: 66 Member
    I really like this idea. I would love it!
  • Options
    EloquentMyDearEloquentMyDear Posts: 54 Member
    I'd love to just have some farm animals added into a Pets pack. I really hope for birds to be included like they were in TS3, and for horses to be less bug-filled than TS3.
  • Options
    LadyLocoTacoLadyLocoTaco Posts: 3 New Member
    I have always wanted a pack like this! I usually end up making farms in each game anyway, there is just something so satisfying about it.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
  • Options
    After the "Get ..." EPs I propose "Country Living" as title like EP03 City Living

I approve of this! *imagine the clap emoji here*
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    After the "Get ..." EPs I propose "Country Living" as title like EP03 City Living

I approve of this! 👏

😉
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    Ha ha

I approve of this! clap10.png

wink10.png

Ha ha! That's better!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    It would be the logical order if the EP04 was Country Living.

Leave the city and the suburbs to live in rural villages (neighborhoods).
    Rope swing dive, play and swim in the river and play in the mud could be added.

nzwbvo10.gif
  • Options
    taylor8121taylor8121 Posts: 4 New Member
    I feel like this would be a great idea! I will post some of my ideas.
    1. Be able to sell your produce
    2. Be able to choose how much land you want to purchase
    3. New aspirations
    4. New skills
  • Options
    VincenzoScaliaVincenzoScalia Posts: 2 New Member
    For the previous posts that were made I have some ideas to go along with Farm Life/Country Living EP. Another poster mentioned irrigation systems and the maintenance of the sprinklers. I feel as though maintenance on more farm items should be included as well.

For example, tractors and combines (also lawn mowers) can fall apart or rust with the changing seasons after so many years if not stored in a shelter (barn or shed), same things with cars and garages. Perhaps you have several generations of Sims on the same farm-and like another poster commented of old or new tractors-the family tractor has been passed down through generations and it can fall into disrepair over the decades.

On the note of animals, fences can break or rot, causing need of repair to keep your livestock safe and secured-just like a sink or stove would break. I personally would love the suggestions listed before me, cows, sheep, pigs, chickens, goats-all good and viable animals to turn a profit. I wouldn't really care for the livestock to be playable characters as I think for a large farm it'd be overwhelming, but also not allow the family to expand. At eight members capped for families it can be difficult to add livestock too.

All repairs I think should be Handiness skill, which raises more need to work hard on and if the old farmer/rancher tries to upgrade or repair a newer tractor without the skill he/she needs I think they should get a confused feeling or frustrated debuff.

For the subject of slaughtering animals I can see why it would not appeal to certain members or organizations playing the Sims. But if you are a cattle rancher-you'd have to send your cows off somewhere. Either to sell at auctions or slaughter houses. I don't think it should show the sim's performing the deed. Going to Auctions should also be included in the expansion-depending on scenarios or the chance cards, you can walk home with new livestock, or go home empty-handed.

I agree with the earlier post as well that Home School should be an option. They have had private schools, public schools and colleges, but none for Home Schooling. Farm kids need their education but they also need to help around the farm, do their chores before school and after.
    -I love the idea about fertilizers/compost, changing seasons/harvest seasons, and having larger plots for bigger farms.

Also, the cow falling in love with the cowplant is genius!
    Sorry for the long post, I have no potato to give because the potatoes are not ready yet...
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member

SimFarm_3.png

Many lols.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member

SimFarm_3.png

That was my game back in after school care back when! Fun times.

With the coming of a City EP I am really looking forward to a Farm pack someday.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited October 2016
    Knowing of the City Living expansion, it's perfectly possible to have an expansion like tis - we've got the suburbs of base game Willow Creek, the inner city club scenes of Get Together Newcrest, we'll have the packed hubbub of close-quarters apartments with City Living... so why not a farming community?

It doesn't have to be dull and quiet; it could take pet mechanics to the next level?

But having a pig farm... well apart from piggies, where's my option to slip in a little cheap horse meat with my sausages? Now THAT'S realism.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    cutebabyslikemecutebabyslikeme Posts: 36 New Member
    OMG I NEED THISSSS
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Great ideas!
    A nice rural world similar to Appaloosa Plains would be really nice here! I'm thinking country ranch with the horseshoe barn-ish bars etc. Farms lots would be about 50×50 to 64×64 and have a very large area of public space around it for horses and such to have more space to ride (because keeping a horse on a small closed world lot would not be the most enjoyable experiance).
    This would look really cute with TS4's graphics and I hope they will make it! :smiley: