Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4: Farm Life

Comments

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Yes I would love a farming expansion myself B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited October 2015
    No playable sheep yet, but it looks like they're going to put some sheep effects (visual and audio?) in Windenburg!

Post edited by greenXen on
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I hope we will get Farm Life EP as it has been highly requested to be honest. The SimGurus KNOW that many players want this type of pack for The Sims 4. So why not do it Maxis? :wink:
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    I hope we will get Farm Life EP as it has been highly requested to be honest. The SimGurus KNOW that many players want this type of pack for The Sims 4. So why not do it Maxis? :wink:

Heh, hopefully they are. SGLyndsay's excitement over the sheep makes it seem as if it might be something some of them would like to see happen in the game, too.
  • WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    I genuinely hope so - a Farm related LP has never been done before, it'd be something totally new to the Sims games and something highly requested. Win win!
    untitled-1.png

• ReadySetDanceReadySetDance Posts: 10 New Member
    I would absolutely adore this. And I totally agree with @oddnylara about fencing the animals in. I loved Sims 3 Pets, but being a total micro-manager for my Sims, found their ability to go anywhere if I wasn't paying attention ~very~ annoying. Livestock should totally be a different category than the Pets (should we get them - hint HINT), too. :)
  • VinceDjansenVinceDjansen Posts: 87 Member
    Lyndsay Pearson ‎@SimGuruLyndsay: By popular demand, here are the adorable tiny FX sheep in the Windenburg countryside. #TheSims4

Never heard anyone demand sheeps in the background before!
  • VinceDjansenVinceDjansen Posts: 87 Member
    Weathie wrote: »
    I genuinely hope so - a Farm related LP has never been done before, it'd be something totally new to the Sims games and something highly requested. Win win!

Exactly. The farm-related things was released in small parts in TS3 - like the tiny and plum "cow-barn" and henhouse and tractor in 3 different expansions.
    Let's hope they'll give a forthcoming Farm-expansionpack a profound and thorough programming.
  • teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Lyndsay Pearson ‎@SimGuruLyndsay: By popular demand, here are the adorable tiny FX sheep in the Windenburg countryside. #TheSims4

Never heard anyone demand sheeps in the background before!

In the background? really? they should put there cow and chickens and then sell those background for 29.99 as a Get a farm expansion:P
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • DatRandomSimmerDatRandomSimmer Posts: 59 Member
    This should happen i agree Pets and Farmlife Indeed
  • SosinoSosino Posts: 11 New Member
    I love the idea of a farm style EP. Would like to see the introduction of a farm hand NPC to help muck out the stables and feed the pigs, sheep, cow's and such. Would also be nice if they utilise the GTW employee mechanics for that. :smile:

Would also like to see

Chickens :smile:

Events:
    Harvest fair
    Octoberfest

Objects:
    Canning Station
    Bread Maker ((More appliances yay :smile: ) (oh new plants i.e. corn, grain.))
    Food Processor
    Pizza Oven
    Wind Chimes (Working)
    Laundry (working washing machine and dishwasher)
    Distillery (Moonshine anyone 10% to blow up lol 10% to make you go blind for an hour.)

NPC's
    Milkman (milk delivery)
    Farmhand
    Gardener

New Woohoo Spot

Hay bale (Role in the hay moodlet. :smile: )
  • SosinoSosino Posts: 11 New Member
    Just thought of another one. Packed Lunches both for children and adults. For those of us who hate vending machines at work/school.
  • Sarahanne417!Sarahanne417! Posts: 6 New Member
    I love this! I work for a veterinarian & it would be awesome to have that in the game. The farm idea is awesome.
  • maddiem002maddiem002 Posts: 79 Member
    YES YES YES!!!!
    I see some more fun ideas popping up in other threads like this one by @Zahoeler : http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/860728/farming-expansion-idea#latest
    Zahoeler wrote: »
    As someone who grew up on a farm I would like to see a farming expansion. In Sims 3 we could buy farming items from the Sims store, but it wasn’t packaged together. Currently trying to be a farmer is missing some elements and therefore I give a few ideas for such an expansion.

Firstly I want to mention that I don’t want to control a cow/horse etc. My sims should be the farmers and just manage crops/animals and turn these into items to sell.

1. Proper irrigation systems.
    We live in an era where hydroponics (and aquaponics) is growing extremely fast. Our sims should also use this. Instead of watering all plants every day the sprinklers should do this automatically. However, sprinklers should break just like other plumbing objects until it can be upgraded with a handiness to break less often/not at all.

2. Maintenance.
    Good farmers spend time maintaining their irrigation systems. By spending a little time every x days maintaining the system you should be preventing it from breaking. A broken irrigation system should take longer to fix than the time spent maintaining it.

3. Composters.
    Our sims should be able to create powerful fertilizer using these composters. The quality of the fertilizer should increase with the sims gardening skill.

4. Feed pellet making machine.
    Grains should be added, so that you can grow your own feed for animals.

5. Buy needed products.
    You should be able to buy fertilizer/feed from a store, but it must be normal quality. Better qualities should be created. This way you are not bound to do all areas of farming, but it will take a lot longer and be much less profitable to create perfect quality end products.

6. Animal pens.
    These could include chicken, turkey, pigs, cows or sheep. Their waste should be used in the composters. These pens should also have feeders which should be kept from running empty so that the animals have food.

7. Aquaponics machine for fish.
    I know this is probably a stretch, but it would be cool.

8. End products could include:
    - flower bouquets (we already have the flowers in the game. You could then build your own florist shop)
    - jams (using the different fruits/vegetables that we grow)
    - spices (from the herbs we grow)
    - sausages (using the animals from the pens and above mentioned spices)
    - whole turkeys (for all the holiday dinners)
    - Wine/juices (from grapes and fruit)
    - Milk, cheese/yogurts (from cows/goats)
    - Fish (from aquaponics)
    - Wool (from the sheep pen)

9. Selling end products should be more profitable than raw materials.

10. Maybe a farming skill.
    Should be linked with handiness and gardening. If you already have those skills your farming skill should grow quicker. The higher the farming skill the less farming items break. Also a higher skill creates higher materials for end products.

11. I guess current prices of gardening products will need to change to prevent farming from being too profitable.

12. A self-employed farming career.
    Currently the message for my farmers says “Keith doesn’t have a job.” Well farming is a 7 day a week job.

13. Longer growing time with more products at the end
    Currently blackberrys have the longest growing season with 4 days. It should be a bit longer like two weeks. You just get more at the end. This will be more realistic. You have a planting season, growing season and harvesting season. This will force you to plan ahead to ensure that you have enough of everything so that you don’t have to buy anything from the store. This will be more like real farmers which have to plan ahead. If a seasons expansion is launched it should take that into account.

14. Employees
    A nice to have would be to have employees like in the Get to Work expansion.

15. Marketing skill
    This skill should increase the value of end products that you sell. It should also increase your salary if you are not a farmer. This can be a global skill.

Well that is my idea for an expansion and I would like to hear your feedback.
  • CatianaCatiana Posts: 17 New Member
    I want a llama farm!!!
  • CatianaCatiana Posts: 17 New Member
    Maybe sims could sign up for CSA boxes?
  • chibichocolatechibichocolate Posts: 33 Member
    I vote yes to this post!
  • eablevinseablevins Posts: 30 Member
    Bump! I found this after posting a new thread on it. I like the idea of differentiating "lot" animals (livestock) from pets. This way we could have many different animals but the burden on programmers wouldn't be as intense.

I like the idea of startling chickens, rounding them up, or a fox getting into the henhouse and depleting your chicken supply.

Or having some geese just wander the grounds, hanging out. Like a moving decoration.

I just really love the rustic and the, well, minigame applications of farming and tending livestock. It's very satisfying.
  • kitangel1kitangel1 Posts: 200 Member
    A farm EP or GP would be great. I've been thinking about this as well recently. I'd also like it if it came with a new world or mini world with like 5 large 50x50 or 64x64 lots to build your farm on. The lots could be spread out a little so that they're not all just side by side.

I like the idea eablevins suggested about moving decor. Geese walking around, some cows or horses in the background grazing. Sheep in the fields or something.

I do think however that they need to give us a Pets EP before they give us this though. That way the pets portion would already be defined and they would only have to worry about the additional farm animals.
    kitangel1 wrote: »
    A farm EP or GP would be great. I've been thinking about this as well recently. I'd also like it if it came with a new world or mini world with like 5 large 50x50 or 64x64 lots to build your farm on. The lots could be spread out a little so that they're not all just side by side.

I like the idea eablevins suggested about moving decor. Geese walking around, some cows or horses in the background grazing. Sheep in the fields or something.

I do think however that they need to give us a Pets EP before they give us this though. That way the pets portion would already be defined and they would only have to worry about the additional farm animals.

Yup, a new world would be good. Maybe it could have a few large lots instead of a bunch of smaller lots. I think it would provide more room for farming and help create a rural feel.
  • LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
    Don't forget semis that can be lived in, pickup trucks (Not crew cab pickups), farm tractors, and harvesters!
    When the game was first released, we didn't have background noises. Later, they added in the ambient noises and it made a big difference. I would hope that we would get some more ambient farm noises for a Farm EP.

https://youtu.be/g3axZaFqA0A?t=8m02s