Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4: Farm Life

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
edited July 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
There was a nice thread started with ideas for a Farm Life expansion pack, which got deleted, although the cached version can still be seen here for now. Eventually, the cached version will disappear along with the information in it, so in the interest of preservation and continuation, I’d like to get another Farm thread going.

Some of the ideas:

1.) Choice to make animals playable or non-playable (as pets or livestock).
2.) New Careers – veterinarian (with domestic or livestock specialties?), farmer, breeder.
3.) New Skills – zoology, agriculture, equestrianism.
4.) New aspirations – successful farmer, successful breeder, animal lover.
5.) New CAS items – hairstyles and clothes.
6.) New Objects – animal pens, stables, houses, coops, troughs, fences, jumps, toys, etc.
7.) Animals – dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, chickens, pigs, sheep, cows, horses, llamas/alpacas, and more.
8.) Unplanned events – predators eat your unguarded farm animals, autonomous breeding, crop consumption, cow – cowplant friendships, love matches, & mimicking.
9.) Equestrian events – races or show jumping.
10.) Petting Zoo
11.) ‘State’ Fairs
12.) Farmers' Markets

wix182.jpg

29gc1ts.jpg

I hope people will jump back in and repost their ideas from before. I would really like to see this EP happen, and I hope that many of the things people have been asking for get incorporated.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited September 2015
    Just pasting in the original Farm Life Thread post:
    So, I've seen a lot of interest in a farm based EP so I figured I would make a template for some things I think would be neat to see. Feel free to add to mine or create your own.

If you have no interested in a farm based EP, feel free to voice why, but remember this thread is for ideas pertaining to a farm based EP, so please be constructive and try not to muddy it. :) Thanks

The Sims 4: Farm life

So I think farmlife could be like a "pets" ep, but expanded upon with a twist.

Pets
    I think the animals should come in 2 settings.
    1. Family members.
    2. Lot animals.
    - Both types can be named @darcithefox
    -
    The family members would be playable pets like in the sims 3, while the "lot" animals where they are moving, breathing interactable objects who stay put on our lot for those who want lots of animals, and don't want to micromanage everything as much.

For example, I might chose my dog and cat to add to my family, while leaving my chickens and cows off the household list to just be my "lot" animals. The cows and chickens would behave like townies in the sense that they would have minds of their own. I should have the option to add or remove animals on my lot to my active household as I wish.
    Adding animals to your active household as pets, should not be limited to dogs and cats. If I want a piglet in my home, I should be able to have one.

New Careers
    Veterinarian
    Farmer
    Breeder

New Skills
    Zoology - Learning everything there is to know about animals
    Agriculture - Learning how to grow and raise food to sell.
    Riding - Horse riding

New Aspirations
    Successful farmer - Grow and sell crops, etc. Farming becomes more profitable and efficient. Unlock farming machinery to help with bigger crops.
    Prized winning Breeder - Breed and raise prize winning animals, etc from dog breeds to stallions, to prize pigs. Unlock rare types of animals, maybe even some fantasy type animals.
    Animal lover - everything do with caring and raising animals, gaining high reputation with your pets and unlocking new interactions with them.

New hairstyles
    We need some messier pulled back styles. Right now all the hair looks very posh and neat. I'd love a messy bun option and some messy pony tails. You know, the types of hairstyles you get when you just throw your hair up to get stuff done.

New clothes
    Straw hats, overalls, work boots, jumpers, riding outfits, dirty work clothes, work gloves, etc

New objects
    Pig pens, stables, dog houses, troth, chicken coups, farm fencing, horse jumps, food dishes, toys, etc

Animals
    Dogs
    Cats
    Caged birds and rodents
    Rabbits
    Chickens
    Pigs
    Sheep
    Cows
    Horses
    and more
    -llamas added by popular request

Events
    -Wolves/foxes/coyotes could come and "take" your farm animals as an inconvenience much like fire is.
    -Farm animals should be able to breed on their own unless you keep them separated at night!
    -Animals should eat your crops if you don't keep it gated up and away from them with cute and funny consequences.
    -The cows should be able to interact with the cow plant. Maybe fall in love or something funny like that.

Obviously, this is just a base for EA to expand upon, but I think it could be really fun! What would you like to see in a farm based EP?
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • -rosieposyjones1-rosieposyjones1 Posts: 4 New Member
    I think a "Farm Life" EP is a great idea, but creating the difference between livestock and say, a pet micro pig would be complicated to do. I like the idea of that setting, but I would be worried that the EP would just turn the game into "Farming Simulator"
  • IssaMontyIssaMonty Posts: 4 New Member
    I think this is a lovely idea that would really set apart the Sims 4 to the prior versions Pet Expansions. Including more animals (which probably would not be controllable as a cat/dog/horse might be) and a few new career options more related to animals and gardening would be fantastic.
    I think a "Farm Life" EP is a great idea, but creating the difference between livestock and say, a pet micro pig would be complicated to do. I like the idea of that setting, but I would be worried that the EP would just turn the game into "Farming Simulator"

@-RosiePosyJones1, a pet pig shouldn't be more complicated than a pet dog (which we know they're planning on). Plus, I don't think that the original suggestion (which wasn't mine) was to create a completely different type of pet pig from livestock pig. The suggestion, as I understand it, was just to have a different setting so that if the pig were a 'livestock' pig, it would act on its own like pets in Sims 2 without any ability for the player to control him, and if he were a 'pet' pig, he'd be controllable from the user interface as Sims are now, like in Sims 3. I think the animations would pretty much be the same if not exactly the same. It wouldn't necessarily be that complicated.

What's wrong with a farming simulator? The game is a life simulator and if they add on a farm pack, there should be farming simulation.
    IssaMonty wrote: »
    I think this is a lovely idea that would really set apart the Sims 4 to the prior versions Pet Expansions. Including more animals (which probably would not be controllable as a cat/dog/horse might be) and a few new career options more related to animals and gardening would be fantastic.

Hi, @IssaMonty, welcome to the forums. I agree that this kind of pack would be something pretty different with what we've had in the past. I'm hoping that they have an additional standard Pets pack along with it, so the domestic animals don't get shortchanged.
  • lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    I'll just say out of all my years simming, I NEED a "Farm Life" expansion!!! At the very least I hope horses are included again.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    With some objects and stuff in the TS3 store related to farm life I got completely convinced that if done well, such an EP could be fantastic! It suits so much my playstyle!
    I want it I want it I want it!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • OnigiriSimsOnigiriSims Posts: 73 Member
    Yes, I would love this EP! I wasn't too obsessed with the pets except for horses in ts3 (even though I love cats IRL), this would make the game more fun. I personally grew up on a farm so having pigs, sheep, cows etc. would make the game more interesting.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'm always Up for it, I would love farm animals and My sister would appreciate if goats were put into the game, she finds baby goats so cute, and if she can't have one in real life, I bet she would love to take care of a Sim goat.

I would love Cows, pigs, and Chickens.

Next to a wild life pack, too, I take in a Lion, and a wolf.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • MrMadKeeperMrMadKeeper Posts: 28 Member
    My idea for Farm Life EP:
    New city(size like Willow Creek), in countryside setting with barns, plains, wind mills.You can build or buy a farm, grow vegetables, work on plains with tractor, take care on horses(animals like in Sims 3).Cows and chickens are new farm animals.Three new skills:nectar making, horse riding and cheese making.City includes new lots like farms, farm markets(you can sell vegetables and products), horse riding center and a city center in French Provence style.New objects:tractor, nectar making machine,cheese making machine, henhouse, new garden stuff and etc.
  • KPSimmerKPSimmer Posts: 188 Member
    I've always liked this idea. Farming is one of the hardest jobs with very long hours. An EP could be very interesting!
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    It's big on my list of wants for S4.

I'd like home schooling added in to it too.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    greenXen wrote: »
    There was a nice thread started with ideas for a Farm Life expansion pack, which got deleted, although the cached version can still be seen here for now. Eventually, the cached version will disappear along with the information in it, so in the interest of preservation and continuation, I’d like to get another Farm thread going.

Some of the ideas:

2.) New Careers – veterinarian (with domestic or livestock specialties?), farmer, breeder.
    6.) New Objects – animal pens, stables, houses, coops, troughs, fences, jumps, toys, etc.
    7.) Animals – dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, chickens, pigs, sheep, cows, horses, llamas, alpacas, and more.
    8.) Unplanned events – predators eat your unguarded farm animals, autonomous breeding, crop consumption, cow – cowplant friendships, love matches, & mimicking.
    10.) Petting Zoo
    11.) State’ Fairs
    12.) Farmers' Market

This is why I came to this section. They say gurus look here, so I will just add my request to what you have. I made a huge request page in the forums in S3. I would love for sim gurus/developers to take notice of Happy Acres on Facebook. I love the big eyes on the animals that make them look so adorable. A mail board like the postcard board nailed up with requests would be neat and the farmer takes phone calls and they are added to the board and he fulfills the requests. There is farm equipment to buy and more could be added through gamepacks/stuff packs as people want sewing, canning, ect.

Love idea #1. There are some animals you may want to be pets, while some simmers might only want to breed and sell. I see nothing wrong with that and it is a part of life or none of us would have animals.

#2 I want farmer job, gardener for hire, gardener job for our sims, and a vet would be great also.

#7 for me is tricky. I want Pets EP with pet store and Farm EP to be separate as well as wild animal/zoo That way, the first 3 animals you listed will already be accounted for and will only need a patch to add features. That way they can add more to snakes, lizard, potbelly pig, ferrets, ect and other pen animals in a pets EP. If they are split, then the animals you listed above plus goats, geese, swans, ect. could be added.

I would rather see #10-12 as gamepacks and fully loaded with empty lots except for the state fair and farmer's market. I think the zoo could be by itself in a gamepack to do it correctly and add games, snacking, ect. To be honest, we are not getting the content we did in S3 in EPs, so they would never put all that into an EP. In order to really put a bunch of content in and do it right, I think making several gamepacks/EPs is the answer.

I want farm equipment like old and new tractors and equipment like tillers for gardeners or poor sims who can't afford a tractor. Working wells would be neat. Silos, barns, refrigerated units, deep freezers to hold supplies. Wring washers, clothes lines, board to wash on, as well as other antiques.

Finally, a little house on the prairie wagon for our horses & carriages for fancier stuff. :) I'm going to stop, because I can go on forever.
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    farm life be nice, where we can use the wooll from sheep/llama/alpaca to mak yarn and knit

and make cheese from milk

Would need a new world and nabohoods with bigger lots
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    anettesb wrote: »
    farm life be nice, where we can use the wooll from sheep/llama/alpaca to mak yarn and knit

and make cheese from milk

Would need a new world and nabohoods with bigger lots

I definitely want to see some homesteading abilities expanded on like the sheering, yarn making, and knitting you talk about as well as the ability to sell items at farm stands. They have tried to make this series more work-at-home friendly, so adding these abilities would really enhance that aspect.
    davina1221 wrote: »

Some of the ideas:

7.) Animals – dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, chickens, pigs, sheep, cows, horses, llamas, alpacas, and more.
    10.) Petting Zoo
    11.) State’ Fairs
    12.) Farmers' Market

This is why I came to this section. They say gurus look here, so I will just add my request to what you have. I made a huge request page in the forums in S3. I would love for sim gurus/developers to take notice of Happy Acres on Facebook. I love the big eyes on the animals that make them look so adorable. A mail board like the postcard board nailed up with requests would be neat and the farmer takes phone calls and they are added to the board and he fulfills the requests. There is farm equipment to buy and more could be added through gamepacks/stuff packs as people want sewing, canning, ect.

Love idea #1. There are some animals you may want to be pets, while some simmers might only want to breed and sell. I see nothing wrong with that and it is a part of life or none of us would have animals.

#2 I want farmer job, gardener for hire, gardener job for our sims, and a vet would be great also.

#7 for me is tricky. I want Pets EP with pet store and Farm EP to be separate as well as wild animal/zoo That way, the first 3 animals you listed will already be accounted for and will only need a patch to add features. That way they can add more to snakes, lizard, potbelly pig, ferrets, ect and other pen animals in a pets EP. If they are split, then the animals you listed above plus goats, geese, swans, ect. could be added.

I would rather see #10-12 as gamepacks and fully loaded with empty lots except for the state fair and farmer's market. I think the zoo could be by itself in a gamepack to do it correctly and add games, snacking, ect. To be honest, we are not getting the content we did in S3 in EPs, so they would never put all that into an EP. In order to really put a bunch of content in and do it right, I think making several gamepacks/EPs is the answer.

I want farm equipment like old and new tractors and equipment like tillers for gardeners or poor sims who can't afford a tractor. Working wells would be neat. Silos, barns, refrigerated units, deep freezers to hold supplies. Wring washers, clothes lines, board to wash on, as well as other antiques.

Finally, a little house on the prairie wagon for our horses & carriages for fancier stuff. :) I'm going to stop, because I can go on forever.

Yes, I agree that it might be nice to separate some of these things out into separate packs, but in the interest of remaining true to the original thread, I included what was listed there. Plus, if it turns out we only get on animal pack and this is it, I hope it does at least have dogs and cats. :)

Farm equipment would be neat. I wonder if we could have a system where our harvestables automatically fill a silo or storage unit instead of clogging up the inventory?

An old fashioned washing system and clothes line would be neat, if they add back in laundry.
    edited August 2015
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I'm always Up for it, I would love farm animals and My sister would appreciate if goats were put into the game, she finds baby goats so cute, and if she can't have one in real life, I bet she would love to take care of a Sim goat.

I would love Cows, pigs, and Chickens.

Next to a wild life pack, too, I take in a Lion, and a wolf.

Goats are awesome. This post was tragic.

We need to remedy this. ;)
    My idea for Farm Life EP:
    New city(size like Willow Creek), in countryside setting with barns, plains, wind mills.You can build or buy a farm, grow vegetables, work on plains with tractor, take care on horses(animals like in Sims 3).Cows and chickens are new farm animals.Three new skills:nectar making, horse riding and cheese making.City includes new lots like farms, farm markets(you can sell vegetables and products), horse riding center and a city center in French Provence style.New objects:tractor, nectar making machine,cheese making machine, henhouse, new garden stuff and etc.

A new country landscape neighborhood would be great. Cheese making might be a fun skill to add in.
  • BgBn7510BgBn7510 Posts: 100 Member
    We currently have some frogs that and fish we can have in fish bowls so adding a few animals that are farm related and a town that has all kinds of Farm Ranches and Farm homes would be wonderful and even a place to have commuity park that has Horse races and maybe even a Farmer Market on it. That may be a good idea to pitch towards ea.
    My Sims Stories
    Origin ID: Lindz200611
  • MasonMc99MasonMc99 Posts: 8 New Member
    I would love to see a farm life expansion pack. While living on a farm is rough sometimes, I hate that I can't have my sims take care of cows or goats or horses. Maybe even livestock competitions would be cool if you had to pamper your animal's every needs to get them to be in the best shape to win the competition
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Awe, you restarted my thread. <3 Thanks green!

@Ponder_the_Sim, lol, yes. And you've changed your name again since I started it! So, it's still not properly attributed to you.

• Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member

@Ponder_the_Sim, lol, yes. And you've changed your name again since I started it! So, it's still not properly attributed to you.

LOL! Sorry for being such a fickle pickle. :blush:
  • kesliehandekesliehande Posts: 58 Member

Some of the ideas:

7.) Animals – dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, chickens, pigs, sheep, cows, horses, llamas/alpacas, and more.
    10.) Petting Zoo
    11.) ‘State’ Fairs
    12.) Farmers' Markets

Yes, I love this idea! I also like the idea of subsistence living. How do we feel about tractors? What if, instead of harvesting crops by hand, the simmies could buy additional appliances and tools specifically for the farm expansion?

Farming-Simulator-Mods-Download.jpg

6b1ac480f11c9e7e4f874145e635924a__farming_simulator_console-12.jpg