Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 worlds are much better than in Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2017
    Behonest you just hate the loading screen and lack of lots

Yup.

And lack of CAW.

And lack of CASt.

And lack of color wheel.

And lack of swimmable oceans.

And lack of mermaids.

And lack of tropical islands.

And lack of cars and roads.

And lack of space.

And lack of fairies.

And lack of...

Well, I can keep going on forever. :wink:

Sims 4 is still missing stuff and still has a ways to go compared to past Sims games, in my eyes...Come on, GPs and EPs!

Also, the worlds are still too tiny. Well, they're more like tiny, micro "neighborhoods". (Even then, my real life neighborhood is still bigger than a Sims 4 neighborhood, lol.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    cjosecjose Posts: 265 Member
    I totally understand wanting the game to run for players with lower-end computers, but a lot of us want more lots and larger worlds. It doesn't have to be open world, just more lots to go to. I do miss the driving, especially with teaching teens to drive and such, but it's not that big of a deal. What I want is more places to go, more things to do, more people in the town, more empty lots of my own to set things up on. I think a very easy compromise for everyone to be able to play at their level is to add more worlds, making the new ones bigger. That way people can choose which neighborhoods fit them and their computers best.
  • Options
    KishiNova12KishiNova12 Posts: 100 Member
    > @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 said:
    > KishiNova12 wrote: »
    >
    > Behonest you just hate the loading screen and lack of lots
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yup.
    >
    > And lack of CAW.
    >
    > And lack of CASt.
    >
    > And lack of color wheel.
    >
    > And lack of swimmable oceans.
    >
    > And lack of mermaids.
    >
    > And lack of tropical islands.
    >
    > And lack of cars and roads.
    >
    > And lack of space.
    >
    > And lack of fairies.
    >
    > And lack of...
    >
    > Well, I can keep going on forever. :wink:
    >
    > Sims 4 is still missing stuff and still has a ways to go compared to past Sims games, in my eyes...Come on, GPs and EPs!
    >
    > Also, the worlds are still too tiny. Well, they're more like tiny, micro "neighborhoods". (Even then, my real life neighborhood is still bigger than a Sims 4 neighborhood, lol.)

80% of those were not in the sims 3 either until you got expansions lol so im guessing if you go further you will compain about the lack of something that requires an expansion anyway but there aren't many things the sims world is missing besides those 2 i mentioned along with CAW and CASt
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Of course TS4 worlds suck... TS4 uses backdrops... :s
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    GIR101GIR101 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="halimali1980;c-13842035"]Bigger does not mean better.
    1- Sims 3 worlds needed more time for the objects to render even though the game was fully loaded.
    2- The worlds had mostly rabbit holes
    3- Most venues in Sims 3 were empty

although TS4 worlds are smaller but does not have any of the above problems of TS3 worlds[/quote]

The fact that it was open world and had no loading screens is what made it better. And there's extreme limitations with the number of lots to choose from. Especially large lots, sims 3 had plenty lots of all sizes to choose from and sims 4 is incredibly limited. And I have to wonder how much time has been wasted in my game play to loading screens now. I never had any loading or lag issues with sims 3 even with all of the C.C. I had in it. Sims 3 has it's flaws but overall beats out sims 4 any day and I'm still playing sims 3 majority of the time even though i have all expansions, game packs and majority of stuff packs for sims 4. It's an emptier feeling game and the world's in it are not the only thing I feel cheated on with this game. Sims 3 world's were better, every lot change in sims 4 causes a loading screen so it forces me to cheat and put ponds, and all the hidden world objects on my lot so I have as few loading screens as possible. They seriously irritate me because I feel we are progressing backward, almost every game that is coming out now is open world and sims 3 beat a lot of games to that and then they just go back to caveman loading screens what the actual f**k?
  • Options
    SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    You know I was playing s3 the other day, and I had a sim who had the perfect plants aspiration. Problem was that his home lot was too full to have a big garden. So, I decided to plop down a 10x10 lot right across the street, and then purchased the land for him. Now he owns two lots and has more than enough space for his garden. Something like that is unfortunately impossible with s4, as you cannot change lot size or place new lots, and you can't own two lots either, not to mention, you'd get a loading screen even if you did.

I also disagree that the landscape is "drab" or "uncolorful". Granted, I do use a lighting mod, but I think the graphics are absolutely gorgeous.
    The_Sims_3_05_07_2017_20_50_05_063.jpg

When I play s4 everything feels locked in, if that makes any sense. I do prefer the style of s4 sims, but I must say s3 sims with cc is the best (esp the men, but that’s my personal taste :p ).

kwdT9wX.gif
  • Options
    SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    @JoAnne65 Wow, the boathouse looks great, nice build! I haven't really played in IP yet but it's getting more and more tempting. :D
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @JoAnne65 Wow, the boathouse looks great, nice build! I haven't really played in IP yet but it's getting more and more tempting. :D
    If you do, make sure to first check out the necessary fixes for it. I love that world! (with the fixes, ahem)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    and now I miss S3, dangit. Everytime I come to like Sims 4 more and more I see amazing pictures of S3 and I just go ".. that's it" in S4. I miss placing my own lots, creating my own worlds, I miss playing a simulation game where I get to choose what goes where. Ugh..
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited June 2017
    It'd be interesting if somebody rebuilt a sims 4 playable "neighborhood" in the sims 3... and then panned out to show all of ts3's parks, restaurants, stores, houses, and other miscellaneous venues... just to show how much more ts3 has to offer compared to ts4.
    Post edited by Bagoas77 on
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    It'd be interesting if somebody rebuilt a sims 4 playable "neighborhood" in the sims 3... and then panned out to show all of ts3's parks, restaurants, stores, houses, and other miscellaneous venues... just to show how much more ts3 has to offer compared to ts4.

Hm. I was attempting that challenge over a year ago but took on a different world-building challenge for myself halfway through. Perhaps I should revisit my S4-S3 project. I am very curious to see how it would all fit into one world. Might be fun.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited June 2017
    I do not think TS3 worlds are drab at all. The overly saturated, flat plastic , no texture, colouring book appearance of TS4 worlds just doesn't appeal to me whatsoever.

tumblr_orf9ozdp6S1uj2se4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_orf9ozdp6S1uj2se4o3_1280.jpg

No fake backdrops here. My sim can go anywhere in this world, within reason of the edges of the map.

80% of those were not in the sims 3 either until you got expansions lol so im guessing if you go further you will compain about the lack of something that requires an expansion anyway but there aren't many things the sims world is missing besides those 2 i mentioned along with CAW and CASt

lack of CAW - 6 months after base game release as standalone program.
    lack of CASt - Base Game
    lack of color wheel - Base Game
    lack of swimmable oceans - Patch
    lack of mermaids - EP
    lack of tropical islands - Store World + EP + User Created Worlds
    lack of cars and roads - Base Game
    lack of space - Base Game - plenty of space right from the beginning.
    lack of fairies - EP

Not 80% expansion related by a long shot.

( Edit to add User Created Worlds )
    Post edited by Pary on
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I'm just listing that there could be more reasons one does not like Sims 4 at the moment. For me, it's still missing stuff, and it will never have the huge, detailed worlds that are fully explorable, and that can be traveled in and be edited with (using a nice variety of creative tools).

Even if I take out the EP stuff, the Sims 3 worlds are still bigger, and the players have more freedom to greatly edit said worlds and even to create their own worlds.

Sims 3 worlds are huge, have more explorable areas and are customizable. Those are HUGE pluses in my book (even if I get frustrated by other aspects of the game, lol). :heart:
    (She/her)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »

That would be awesome! Where is @Rflong7 when you need her?! Or any of the other fantastic world creators? @kremesch73 you really should revisit your project!!

I would love to see a direct comparison like that. TS4 worlds are very pretty and would probably be amazing if replicated for ts3 (although a little on the small size). I guess there would be a fair amount of world space in them, but not much in the way of Lots.
  • Options
    k415k415 Posts: 3 New Member
    This is my first post here. Sorry if it's long. I'm in my 20s and have played Sims since the original games. I remember playing Sims Vacation and Unleashed when I was about 8 or 9. I wasn't allowed to have Hot Date because my parents thought it was too mature for me at the time, haha. I played Sims 2 and had most expansions, same with Sims 3, which was probably my favorite though all versions have their good and bad, things I loved and not so much. I bought Sunlit Tides from the store which I LOVED. I still miss that world. I played Sims 3 on a just okay oldish PC laptop and it was laggy, always froze, and shut the game down on me randomly (often without saving after hours of play - KILLED me but totally my fault) but it worked just good enough, and I would play for HOURS. I probably still could play on it but it's been well over 6 months. I only bought the Sims 4 back in December and now I have most expansions and packs and play it on my old 2011 MacBook Pro.

Overall I like TS4. I think in many ways it's better than its predecessors, but in many ways it's also lacking. I was very disappointed when I played the first time to see no open worlds, no ability to customize neighborhoods. No placing lots of any size anywhere, including on the beach or half over water. No terrain tool in build mode, everything flat. No ability for sims to go IN the ocean or other water, no ability for them to travel far at all within their little neighborhoods. Landscape lays beyond the sims in their neighborhoods and it's inaccessible. Going to other neighborhoods or even lots within neighborhoods means loading screens and it feels disconnected. My mind goes back to Sunlit Tides and how beautiful and open and free it was (I'm a huge beach/tropics person and that world was a dream for me... like I said, still miss it, still crave playing it). I wish TS4 could have kept those elements, and some others about older gameplay, while still maintaining the improvements I feel it does have over the others. No customization of objects and clothes kind of sucks, too, to be honest. It feels very limiting when building and I find myself always going for the same themes, the same furniture and colors. Honestly, I get bored quicker with TS4 than I did with TS3. I can't pay it for quite as long at a time, though I do play quite often overall.

I would love to see the ability for sims to go into the water and travel a bit further in their little worlds than currently allowed. I would love to see a true beachy, tropical world. Windenburg is nice with the island-y areas but it doesn't have a tropical vibe, or even just a normal beachy vibe to me. This is very personal and subjective, I understand some may disagree, but even a world like Sunset Valley and the beach there would be nice. I don't like the darker sand and lots of pine trees, it doesn't feel very beachy to me. We're lacking a nice and spacious beach area where you can actually do beachy things in TS4 IMO, something we had in previous games, at least TS3. Looking at TS3 worlds on google (because I'm already forgetting) and comparing to the quality of TS4, honestly TS4 is better overall IMO when it comes to clarity and how realistic things tend to look, especially the buildings and roads, but the nature and openness of TS3 worlds is unmatched. TBH I'm still disappointed in TS4, seven months after I first bought it, though I play frequently and do honestly enjoy it. I just wish it had more. I expected more.
  • Options
    k415k415 Posts: 3 New Member
    Lol okay, I don't know why it kept correcting words to "plum" and I didn't see it when I read it over before posting - are certain words not allowed or something? Sorry, like I said, first post and apparently we can't edit once we post? Essentially wherever it says "plum" it should say "beach." Really "beach-y." What I was trying to say, simply, is I really want a beach world. That's all. LOL Hopefully this one posts okay...
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Here are a few more pics from my hard drive:

19467889_10154643897631497_3558886264414021616_o.jpg?oh=793695da6940e26f4d130e8e476880fc&oe=59D85B37

19441924_10154643899606497_4125030112902376179_o.jpg?oh=9eddff88e9d25c6ab9a067f2840d4d08&oe=59D806E3

19441699_10154643900656497_3727679262474501781_o.jpg?oh=21482f336b4557f2e3745ecd1fc55456&oe=59C5076D

19466593_10154643898171497_3260472701260170597_o.jpg?oh=a1925b2f81698d19ecd359d491b317e0&oe=59CEBE03

All of that is taken in a CAW world as well. The lack of CAW will also be another disappointment for TS4
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Here are a few more pics from my hard drive:

*snip*

All of that is taken in a CAW world as well. The lack of CAW will also be another disappointment for TS4

The lack of world building tools is a huge. HUGE. Disappointment for me. I bought SC4 solely for the purpose of creating my own worlds in S2. I've always loved playing in my own worlds. CAW brought even more power to the table by allowing me to use terrain paints in the world.

Just flipping terrain editing tools would be nice to see at this point. It's a shame they completely ignored their builders with this one.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Yeah, the building tools and big editable worlds are a big deal for many simmers.

I just hope future sims games will have challenging and engaging gameplay, alongside the worlds and tools, for simmers like me who loved Sims 1/2, though...
    (She/her)
  • Options
    OtapseOtapse Posts: 6 New Member
    I completely agree! o:)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top