Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 worlds are much better than in Sims 4

Comments

• gabriella92italygabriella92italy Posts: 607 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Sims 3 may have big worlds but the graphic doesn't suit every player, in fact the world itself doesn't look very good in low graphic settings unlike The Sims 4 neighbourhoods. With The Sims 3, you were practically restricted to one world for your entire Sims' lives, because moving to a new world practically reset the Sims. The Sims 3 world is bigger and yet The Sims 4 worlds seem more alive. Half of the lots in The Sims 3 were rabbit holes where you couldn't interact with your Sims from the inside, there are no rabbit holes in The Sims 4, and yes there are backdrops in The Sims 4 but The Sims 3 has them also. I don't really get why people say 'Open World' when The Sims 3 is only more like Open City or Town, an Open World would be bigger than that. The Sims 3's open world was also not implemented correctly as it cause lag and crashing for the majority of players. In the end it's all about opinions, regardless, it's all about opinion and each person experiences the games differently.
    man you sure are not playing the sims 4, then where your sim go when work as a chief????, have more than one sim active and move one and left one behind and what will happen??? rabbihtole.

ok to be fair you know which the idea of "worlds in sims 4 is fake"????, the true worlds in sims 4 are the hoods, you don't have 2 towns, you have a fake map, which you can choose one of the mini worlds(the hoods) to play which where designed with a specific them for them, you actually don't have 2 worlds but much more like 15 worlds(i don't recall now the number of hoods) but each hood is a world, without any connection, they are "afloat" alone in game no real connection, they are like sims 2 hoods, you only call willow creek and oasis spring "worlds" because of astetic but they not are true worlds the worlds are the hoods whre you sim are alocated.

rabbithole in sims 4 is even worse cuz in sims 3 you know where you sims are, in sims 4 most of the careers are in a invisible place.

then please don't say lies, or at last try to proper speak about the game right?, i know you like more sims 4 but again remember which start to say things which don't match the reality is a little too much.

Yes, that is the problem..... Neighborhoods in TS4 are not connected each other. There are not REAL towns. It's sad to say, but it is this
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    Sims 3 may have big worlds but the graphic doesn't suit every player, in fact the world itself doesn't look very good in low graphic settings unlike The Sims 4 neighbourhoods. With The Sims 3, you were practically restricted to one world for your entire Sims' lives, because moving to a new world practically reset the Sims. The Sims 3 world is bigger and yet The Sims 4 worlds seem more alive. Half of the lots in The Sims 3 were rabbit holes where you couldn't interact with your Sims from the inside, there are no rabbit holes in The Sims 4, and yes there are backdrops in The Sims 4 but The Sims 3 has them also. I don't really get why people say 'Open World' when The Sims 3 is only more like Open City or Town, an Open World would be bigger than that. The Sims 3's open world was also not implemented correctly as it cause lag and crashing for the majority of players. In the end it's all about opinions, regardless, it's all about opinion and each person experiences the games differently.
    man you sure are not playing the sims 4, then where your sim go when work as a chief????, have more than one sim active and move one and left one behind and what will happen??? rabbihtole.

ok to be fair you know which the idea of "worlds in sims 4 is fake"????, the true worlds in sims 4 are the hoods, you don't have 2 towns, you have a fake map, which you can choose one of the mini worlds(the hoods) to play which where designed with a specific them for them, you actually don't have 2 worlds but much more like 15 worlds(i don't recall now the number of hoods) but each hood is a world, without any connection, they are "afloat" alone in game no real connection, they are like sims 2 hoods, you only call willow creek and oasis spring "worlds" because of astetic but they not are true worlds the worlds are the hoods whre you sim are alocated.

rabbithole in sims 4 is even worse cuz in sims 3 you know where you sims are, in sims 4 most of the careers are in a invisible place.

then please don't say lies, or at last try to proper speak about the game right?, i know you like more sims 4 but again remember which start to say things which don't match the reality is a little too much.

Yes, that is the problem..... Neighborhoods in TS4 are not connected each other. There are not REAL towns. It's sad to say, but it is this
    yep.

actually for what i read even the sims 2 hoods where better cuz they where connected, from one hood you could see the "others hoods" in the background, not a unrelated fake backdrop, you just needed a load screen to go, in that sims 2 was even better tham sims 4, they didin't even bother to "connect the hoods", to make the place really look like a city not just some mini islands.

that was really a pretty rushed game and engineer.

tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2015
    Please define rabbithole for me? Isn't that a spot in the game where your sims are incontrollable and invisible? In Sims 3 the rabbithole is a building, in Sims 4 it's nothingness, that's the only difference. Sims 4 is riddled with rabbitholes, you just can't see them. when you take your sim to the park the rest of the family is in a rabbithole. The clock ticks and when the day is over half of your family has done absolutely nothing with their lives. Unlike Sims 2, unlike Sims 3.

Moving to another world in Sims 3 is possible (I've done it many times). I'm not sure what you mean when you say they get resetted?
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member

They don't go to work in useless rabbit holes that only prove to take up space in the neighbourhood. There is no building for which they go to, therefore there is no rabbit hole, which I find to be better than a building that I can't actually use taking up a lot in my neighbourhoods. Get To Work Careers don't have rabbit holes, they have are fully active careers where you can actually play as Sims in the Career lots. You do have two towns, I don't see how the map is 'fake' when it shows all the lots available in the neighbourhood, you don't have any worlds, they are neighbourhoods, there were never really any actual worlds in The Sims series, only neighbourhoods, towns or cities. Just because the streets don't all connect together as a single neighbourhood doesn't mean there are multiple 'worlds' in each neighbourhood, otherwise the same would go for The Sims 1 & 2. Yes, most careers are in an invisible place, but not everyone likes having buildings they can't see or edit from the inside, the only thing they were good for is to make The Sims 3 towns and cities look filled and were there as parts of goal-oriented gameplay. You haven't really proven anything with your comment about how anything I said was flawed and unrealistic, I like The Sims 4 and I can tell you disagree, even though I disagree with your points I respect your opinion.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Please define rabbithole for me? Isn't that a spot in the game where your sims are incontrollable and invisible? In Sims 3 the rabbithole is a building, in Sims 4 it's nothingness, that's the only difference. Sims 4 is riddled with rabbitholes, you just can't see them. when you take your sim to the park the rest of the family is in a rabbithole. The clock ticks and when the day is over half of your family has done absolutely nothing with their lives. Unlike Sims 2, unlike Sims 4.

Moving to another world in Sims 3 is possible (I've done it many times). I'm not sure what you mean when you say they get resetted?

A Rabbit Hole is a building you can't enter regardless, there are no rabbit holes in most of The Sims games because either Sims disappear or they go to a building that uses up space in their neighbourhood, town or city that they can actually interact within. What's the point in having a building when you can't actually see inside of it or use it for more than goals. Sure it's nice having a building so that it feels realistic, but in truth rabbit holes are pretty useless, and take up space.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
    edited July 2015
    Please define rabbithole for me? Isn't that a spot in the game where your sims are incontrollable and invisible? In Sims 3 the rabbithole is a building, in Sims 4 it's nothingness, that's the only difference. Sims 4 is riddled with rabbitholes, you just can't see them. when you take your sim to the park the rest of the family is in a rabbithole. The clock ticks and when the day is over half of your family has done absolutely nothing with their lives. Unlike Sims 2, unlike Sims 4.

A Rabbit Hole is a building you can't enter regardless, there are no rabbit holes in most of The Sims games because either Sims disappear or they go to a building that uses up space in their neighbourhood, town or city that they can actually interact within. What's the point in having a building when you can't actually see inside of it or use it for more than goals. Sure it's nice having a building so that it feels realistic, but in truth rabbit holes are pretty useless, and take up space.
    totally wrong, you really know nothing, rabbithole is a place where your sims "disappear", like all the base careers in sims 4, the sims 3 rabbitholes are better cuz you have a physical place they don't just disappear in the offscreen.

indeed a sim disappear into the "nothing is very realistic" a sim travelling from a city to another city in a "teleport" is very realistic, sims 4 which his "cartoon look is very realistic", omg another person with "really weird ideas of realism.

if you don't follow your sim in the careers of get to work or swith to another sim if you have more than one, what happen with the sim in the get to work career????bumm rabbithole!!!!, try to own a shop and don't play on that shop to see what happen... nothing.

that is the big difference, you really don't undesrtand thingsor maybe is a budy of another use which love to say some "nonsense things".

all the sims games have rabbitholes, and sims 4 is the one where they are more obvious, because is a game focused on single sim, you can't even have 2 sims actives working in the same active career because the system allow you play only with one unlike sims 3 where you can play active careers with more than one sim at same time.

and sims 3 not all places where rabbitholes, only the careers one grocery and book story all others places where open and full active.

i really love how the "opnion argument" is throwed in nonsense ways, really for some peoples blue must be red.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited July 2015
    @Ellessarr, this is not how the term rabbit hole was used during Sims 3's years. It was used only for buildings that could be seen and interacted with only from the outside. Every Sims site used the term the same way, consistently, all those years - wiki/info sites, the Sims 3 forums, modding discussions over at MTS ... I get that you prefer the Sims 3 way of things to the Sims 4 way of things, but that doesn't change how the term was used for all those years.

Sims 4 does have rabbitholes: The rocketship is one. (Are there others, actually? That's the only one I can think of.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Correction in my own post: The clock ticks and when the day is over half of your family has done absolutely nothing with their lives. Unlike Sims 2, unlike Sims 3 but I presume that was clear ;)

When I google 'rabbithole games' I can only find the link to buildings on the Sims Wiki, which is no wonder because they describe the Sims 3 situation there. For the rest the term seems to be much more complicated than that.
    The reason people don't like rabbitholes in 3 is because it means they can't enter certain buildings they could in 2. People tend to throw things into the same pot and like using big words like "half of the lots in The Sims 3 were rabbit holes" (count the lots and see how many are in fact rabbitholes; it's far from half) but that just really came down to shops and restaurants. The rest wasn't accessable - or non existent - in 2 as well. The same goes for Sims 4 so far, except for some careers. But in 3 it's possible to follow your sims in some careers as well. It's not related to open world.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited July 2015
    @Ellessarr, this is not how the term rabbit hole was used during Sims 3's years. It was used only for buildings that could be seen and interacted with only from the outside. Every Sims site used the term the same way, consistently, all those years - wiki/info sites, the Sims 3 forums, modding discussions over at MTS ... I get that you prefer the Sims 3 way of things to the Sims 4 way of things, but that doesn't change how the term was used for all those years.

Sims 4 does have rabbitholes: The rocketship is one. (Are there others, actually? That's the only one I can think of.)
    then what you call vanish in the air and what is "better" and more realistic than have a 'building"????, i still don't get, how more immersive or realistic it is, and about take a place in a world, well the sims 3 world are big and you can edit to add more things and if you really hate the rabbitholes you can use zerbu mod to have a "active careers if that the big deal, you have store and packs content which easy take riddle off most of the rabbitholes, you have many ways to deal with it, now if peoples are "lazy" or just "but maxis must be doing it.

" here a rant plese before get angry at me remember this is a rant and you really dont need to read!!!:
    while i agree with ea maxis must fix it, i'm not a lazy person to sit here and wait this happen, if a modder or myself have enough "fingers and brains to look for ways to improve my own gameplay when i can, i don't have trouble with rabbitholes, because if i want i can make then active, most of my places are "open" only really the "careers" are rabbitholes the rest of my world is very active, even my rabbitholes restaurants are "open" cuz i use a mod which make peoples eat outside then i can interact if a want, my world is not empty, because i learned how to fix it, instead of just wait".

i'm not a "wait person" i'm a person of action, if peoples love to "wait" that is not my problem", but this make me see some peoples acting like the famous kid throwing some tantrum for the "cookies"(i want my cook give me cook but instead of toddlers we have adults or at last peoples with enough age and "limbs" to get it", if you want you cooking go gett it don't wait for the "papa"(maxis give it), then keep complain which papa don't give it, if papa is not giving now the cookies but the nice person which you know for sometime or is knowed by the peoples around you and they confirm he is a good person, is giving you cooks then why not??? better than being hungry, this is even a worse thing for papa, because this only show how papa is a terrible papa cuz you need take cookies from others peoples cuz papa is too busing counting his buckets, or lazing around or try to choose the type of cookie he will give to you because "some cookies are more expensive" to give/do than others.

this don't means which i don't want ea/maxis fixe the things the heck i want it but, while they not do it i will try to find a way or "workaround" which can be even better than "EA fixes" in some cases" and with this i can point finger to ea to show how bad or lazy or greed the gurus or ea or maxis are, because if a modder can do the same or better this is a big problem, when they do a workaround is fine.

a good exemple was the locked doors, we take 10 months to have doors locked, something which don't take more than few days to code and more few days to test specially when somone already did then they "could just look at the other person work and "copy it"(and a modder take much less to do it) and don't come with "money" excuse because again how much game companies you see throwing that tantrum of "too expensive or difficult or lack of resources, because if maxis don't have resources this means which they are some sort of poor homeless team like that
    computers-panhandler-tramp-beggar-begging-begs-rman13613_low.jpg
    and no matter how peoples can call ea greedy and evil, no they not gonna do that with a development team, don't give any money to them, unless they are doing a "terrible job" and diserve it for it which i don't believe is maxis case.

rant end.

when someone come and say which "sims 4 is more realistic than sims 3 because is my opnion is the same of come and say "blue is red in my opnion, yeah i really don't care if blue is red in your opnion but this don't means which blue is not blue, the same for sims 4 having sims vanish in the air, automatic teleport to any place of the game, say which the game is not build around little "islands(the hoods) system without any real connection where even sims 2 was better than sims 4 in that aspect is at best being nonsense, really sorry but opnion =//= from reality and this is not "because i'm a sims 3 fan or sims 4 hater" but because i'm a very realistic person and no matter how you love that game play he is not even close to be "realistic" as some peoples love to claim and that is not even my problem i can live with it sims 4 not being "realistic", being heavy "cartoon like" that was maxis decision and while is not my taste and i want more reality with even "realistics characters" because i was paying for a life simulator not for a cartoon version of truman show(my opnion you don't need to agree or like because unlike many peoples i know how to difference my personnal tastes from truth and logic) then i was expectating more interesting things less childsh humor even for 12 years, like the sims 3 humor already was enough childish for 12 years.

and even sims 2 i already read here many peoples claim which started to play sims 2 with like 8 years????? then if the sims 2 which was a little more mature already was fine for 8 years old childrens play then why sims 4 needed to go even more deeper in being childish??? to make sure the range can buy alone without parents???? what could stop the parents to buy for the child it, if we have games like gta which is heavy 18 to 21 years content you can easy find 12 or even 10 years old childs play(again parents decision) why the company need go so deep on that to make sure that childs will be able to "buy"??? i'm not advocacing about "polemic games like gta, for me 10 or 12 years old childs playing this is very wrong and what sort of parents are that which allow this(srry if you are one but that is my opnion), nowadays the parental restriction become just a "stamp" in the game because i really doubt if a 14 years old kid come to a store and ask for gods of war or batman arkham knight having the money in hands how much stores will prevent then to buy, or how much parents not will allow them to play, or how much 12 or 10 years old childs come to buy sims 3, how much of then not will be able to "pay" or how much parents not will give to they childs.

if sims 2 and sims 3 humor was safe for childs to play then why sims 4 needed to be even more dumb????.

sims 4 is not more realistic than sims 3 and much probably is not even more than sims 2 and i can't say for sims 1, but if i can draw a "realistic line between then based not just "realistic graphics" but also game play i can say which probably sims 2 >= sims 3> sim 4>= sims 1, this is based on the level of detail in game play not in graphics which if we go by graphics then make even worst in the sense which sims 4 is heavy cartoon like, that is why i'm not even try to pick in graphics.

man i'm really realised something here the guy in command of the sims 4 development(from 00:00 to 01:20)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVd1ZawxDAA
    this is how the sims 4 was made, lol(from 00:00 to 01:20), the kids are the customers, the mother is the guru and julius is the director of maxis.
    Post edited by Ellessarr on
    edited July 2015
    here again the maxis leader and how to deal with customers!!!!(the customer asking for game improviments)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbANUIagvcw

Of course the term was referring to buildings all these years when it concerned Sims 3. If Sims 3 would have had rabbitholes hidden in trees or garden gnomes they would have discussed that. The fact a rabbithole in Sims 3 was a building doesn't mean the rabbithole principle is about the building. It's about the fact sims disappear and can't be controlled.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited July 2015
    TS3's open worlds have their problems, but they could have been fixed or improved at the very least.

With shoddy routing sims can get stuck anywhere surrounded by unroutable terrain. A good example of this is how sims would often get stuck near the radio towers in Bridgeport creating lag over time.

Twallan rectified Story Progression so that a sim's personality plays into whether he or she gets a certain job, visits certain locations in the world, or becomes pregnant to make the world seem more lively. Twallan did note that such a system can have an impact on the game's performance, and we have seen how people have posted saying that the mod made their game lag. In order for the open worlds to get the liveliness that is portrayed in the trailers, the game needs power. How do we get this power?

TS3 is capable of only accessing 4GB of ram. A 64-bit game would allow the game to access more ram to power the sheer size of the worlds. Many games for PC now require at the bare minimum a 64-bit OS in order to play. As games become more advanced, we need more power in order to play the game.

TS4 manages to escape the problems with TS3's worlds simply because of the way it structures the neighborhood. Only one lot is loaded in the game's memory at any given time, so the game's resources are dedicated to simulating that one lot as opposed to the 90+ lots in TS3's Sunset Valley.

Of course the term was referring to buildings all these years when it concerned Sims 3. If Sims 3 would have had rabbitholes hidden in trees or garden gnomes they would have discussed that. The fact a rabbithole in Sims 3 was a building doesn't mean the rabbithole principle is about the building. It's about the fact sims disappear and can't be controlled.
    yeah pretty much this, what they did from the sims 2 was this make less "unrealisitc" to have your sim vanish into nothing to him vanish in a building, to make it look a little more realistic, ofcourse this is not what peoples where waiting they where waiting to have all the places open, because they already many "open" the only ones closed being the careers, then maxis give a "half made" work, now you can run the place she is no more invisible or in another dimession, is on your world, this make you know where your sim is, but the basic formule is the same, they just improved how to deal with it, giving options to interact and giving a physical place.

When Sims move from worlds they forget Skills, Friendships, Careers etc. which is why I don't travel between worlds often when playing The Sims 3. There were errors and glitches encountered for many people when doing so, there are methods past these at least.

totally wrong, you really know nothing, rabbithole is a place where your sims "disappear", like all the base careers in sims 4, the sims 3 rabbitholes are better cuz you have a physical place they don't just disappear in the offscreen.

indeed a sim disappear into the "nothing is very realistic" a sim travelling from a city to another city in a "teleport" is very realistic, sims 4 which his "cartoon look is very realistic", omg another person with "really weird ideas of realism.

if you don't follow your sim in the careers of get to work or swith to another sim if you have more than one, what happen with the sim in the get to work career????bumm rabbithole!!!!, try to own a shop and don't play on that shop to see what happen... nothing.

that is the big difference, you really don't undesrtand thingsor maybe is a budy of another use which love to say some "nonsense things".

all the sims games have rabbitholes, and sims 4 is the one where they are more obvious, because is a game focused on single sim, you can't even have 2 sims actives working in the same active career because the system allow you play only with one unlike sims 3 where you can play active careers with more than one sim at same time.

and sims 3 not all places where rabbitholes, only the careers one grocery and book story all others places where open and full active.

i really love how the "opnion argument" is throwed in nonsense ways, really for some peoples blue must be red.

I never said teleportation or going into nothingness was realistic, in fact it's one of the things I dislike, but I prefer having lots that I can use, The Sims 4 graphics are cartoon-style so what? Some people like it and again I never said I thought that was realistic, why are you making these assumptions based on my preference of what goes on in a game I have bought? Just because I prefer those things in games doesn't mean I don't know the difference between real and virtual. Speaking of realism, I guess you think it's realistic for buildings to disappear if you look closely at them?

With that in mind that means University and other worlds are Rabbit holes if you have another Sim go to them while your Sims are in one world.

Most of the careers that let you work actively were from Ambitions and didn't have a main building where the Career took place, so they didn't need a rabbit hole building, especially when their jobs occurred at home or at houses. That is a good feature in The Sims 3, being able to work on multiple Careers at once, and I do agree that The Sims 4 should let you switch from active careers.

I never said The Sims 3 was ONLY filled with rabbit holes, I said that there were half, although I exaggerated, there are still allot, more are added with some packs.And even if not all of them were rabbit holes, that doesn't mean people are just going to be happy with them.

For some people Green must be Yellow. It doesn't matter how much an argument happens no matter what, there will always be opinions on either side.
    edited July 2015

When Sims move from worlds they forget Skills, Friendships, Careers etc. which is why I don't travel between worlds often when playing The Sims 3. There were errors and glitches encountered for many people when doing so, there are methods past these at least.

I never said teleportation or going into nothingness was realistic, in fact it's one of the things I dislike, but I prefer having lots that I can use, The Sims 4 graphics are cartoon-style so what? Some people like it and again I never said I thought that was realistic, why are you making these assumptions based on my preference of what goes on in a game I have bought? Just because I prefer those things in games doesn't mean I don't know the difference between real and virtual. Speaking of realism, I guess you think it's realistic for buildings to disappear if you look closely at them?

With that in mind that means University and other worlds are Rabbit holes if you have another Sim go to them while your Sims are in one world.

Most of the careers that let you work actively were from Ambitions and didn't have a main building where the Career took place, so they didn't need a rabbit hole building, especially when their jobs occurred at home or at houses. That is a good feature in The Sims 3, being able to work on multiple Careers at once, and I do agree that The Sims 4 should let you switch from active careers.

I never said The Sims 3 was ONLY filled with rabbit holes, I said that there were half, although I exaggerated, there are still allot, more are added with some packs.And even if not all of them were rabbit holes, that doesn't mean people are just going to be happy with them.

For some people Green must be Yellow. It doesn't matter how much an argument happens no matter what, there will always be opinions on either side.

you said which the sims 4 is more alive than sims 3 and sims 4 don't have rabbitholes and all places are active, which is not exactly like that, while sims 4 have all non base careers and community lots "active" they are only active as long you are there, what is different from sims 3, sims 3 don't need you be on the lot to be active, the place can be active by itself, the whole world in sims 3 is active, the game process the whole world not just "one part of your hood per time, the problem of buildings vanish is related to video cards, and sims 3 bad optimization and configuration(how much you want be loaded in the world), if you have the right video card and setting this never happen i see a lot of youttubers playing without it happening.

even the get to work careers actually are rabbithole if you don't follow then, sims 4 system is based on "follow your sim" or you will be on rabbithole, any non active place in sims 4 is a rabbithole.

the sims 3 problem was the same of sims 4 maxis trying to make games to run in toasters instead of focus in more "new pcs" bye news i don't means top machines or gamer machines but machines with like at best 3 to 4 years old but still focusing in have top machines running it like a dream, not try to catter 6+ old machines, you can't do that if you want to make a good game, only if you want to make bad or poor games is when you catter that.

most of game develop teams even inside EA they make they games using the most "top engineer"/tech they have then when near to finish the game they try to optmize it to run in the lowest possible basing in the best setup possible, not the opposite which is what maxis keep doing over and over and ending in troubles for this, because they can't produce a good game because good game= no low ending machines and average to low game means no gamers interesting in "bad or average games", unless you are a specific type of "casual" player the "careless"(i don't care).

and about the "reset" this only happened in the beginner near the end mxis improved sims 3 travelling system to a better where you don't lost the connection with your previous world, ofcourse he become a rabbithole, but one world in sims 3 is enough to be big than all the 2 worlds + open for business and even the new avenue patch, which again where just "island without any connection.

sims 2 was better than sims 4 because he actually had some connection, the world map in sims 2 not was a "fake one", if you change one building in another hood you can see that new building in your current hood, that is a big difference than sims 4 where you are surrounded by fakes backdrops which don't match what your sim where supposed to be seeying.

for what i understood(i could be wrong) sims 2 is somehow like sims 3 one big map, however you are "jailed" in your hood or like each hood is a little town inside the world, and to travel betwen that towns you need a load screen to load the current town, more like sims 4 but they are connected, where sims 4, they are completly isolated maps where the limits don't try to reflect the world around you.
    Post edited by Ellessarr on
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited July 2015
    I look at the "rabbitholes" in Sims 3 as being part of the look of the town, I mean most towns have a city hall, hospital, restaurants and schools and would look odd without them. Since you can see the entire town in Sims 3 it would seem strange with only places like the art gallery and gym and other buildings sims can actually go into. Even though I've redone most of the towns, I still keep a realistic town theme that includes 90% of the rabbitholes. They have never bothered me, I don't get the big deal - disappear into a rabbithole or go "poof" and disappear off screen.
    I look at the "rabbitholes" in Sims 3 as being part of the look of the town, I mean most towns have a city hall, hospital, restaurants and schools and would look odd without them. Since you can see the entire town in Sims 3 it would seem strange with only places like the art gallery and gym and other buildings sims can actually go into. Even though I've redone most of the towns, I still keep a realistic town theme that includes 90% of the rabbitholes. They have never bothered me, I don't get the big deal - disappear into a rabbithole or go "poof" and disappear off screen.
    I agree. And most rabbitholes are very useful (and a replacement of an absence in 2). Exceptions are shops and restaurants. We got those later but not in the same way. I just fail to see why they should make things in a successor exactly the same.

I must add one of the reasons Ambitions didn't work for me is that it's only doable when you play one sim. That's way better in Sims 4, where you can decide which sims you're going to follow on a working day. Sections and loading screens definitely can have its advantages, I just wish there weren't so many - Sims 3 world split up in 4 would be fine and no loading screens between lots - and I wish there were no fake backdrops.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited July 2015
    i really understand peoples having issues due to using poor machines or have compatibility issues but say things like that when i look at my game and see things like that i really can't say, it's just your own opnion or probably experience but not a "world true".

and sims 4 is not "open world" and barelly a half open cuz even in the hood which is the true "world" you still have load screens.

Sims 3 is quite empty. If you're going to post pictures of one game, you need to post pictures from the other game as well.

Here's a simple comparison of exactly what I was talking about. Both games have flowing rivers:

Sims 3's river is pretty barren. With only a line of trees and a sidewalk maybe a light post or two.

Screenshot-7_zpsd6bzl1gg.jpg

Sims 4 has foliage and even seating (we'll call it decoration) all the way around along the length of the river. To which every part you can walk your Sim along, so you can't claim Oh, well that's just part of the fake scenery it doesn't count. Even around the bend there's even a little water rapid or whatever you call it. Much more active than 3.

07-13-15_12-23nbspPM_zpsizenqoxs.png

07-13-15_12-23nbspPM-2_zpsoiyrx57y.png

As far as the terrain in the world, 3 is very barren. And I wasn't talking around just a cluster of lots like the pictures you showed. I'm talking about the entire world, zoomed out. I know that in the center of the town it's full of things to look at, lots, foliage and what have you, I said the further you go out the emptier it gets. And I did double check before I took pictures, there was literally nothing of interest in these areas.

This is Riverview. Yes, I understand that Riverview is a very rural area but when you zoom into these areas, where you cannot place houses, it's totally empty. There are no collectibles, zero foliage it's just flat grass for miles.

Riverview_zps9kzhp3tf.png

For another comparison, here's Sunset Valley. Which is suppose to be a little more townish. Again there's a LOT of emptiness. Though I will say Sunset Valley is a little more filled in with a few various trees, but not by much.

Sunset%20Valley2_zpshcawnjks.png

And now a Sims 4 neighborhood: FULL of foliage and decoration whether it's a public garden, a few bushes or rocks. In this picture you can even see an empty spot next to the end house, where the special tree is. However, there are still collectibles and small plant clusters, it's not totally barren.

07-13-15_12-27nbspPM_zps1fjikjyl.png

Sure, you could argue that such an entirely open world would be hard to fully decorate, I'm aware of that. But at the same time it makes the world feel very empty and lonely. At not point, in the Sims 4 does it feel lonely.

Yes, as someone said, it does get very annoying when every Sim in the neighborhood shows up at the lot you're visiting but there is a lot of space to walk around in so if you don't want to be around other Sims you don't have to, you don't even have to talk to them. And there are many small spaces for your sim to sit down and take in the sights, they are never confined to a crowded lot. Both games have their merits, I understand. Some prefer features others don't prefer and visa versa, however making unfair comparisons is just that: unfair. Sure, you like one over the other but even so you still need to show both sides of the argument.

I prefer the lively neighborhoods to the emptiness, personally. And I also prefer the ability to travel to and from all the neighborhoods rather being confined to just one.
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I would love Sims 3 if it could be updated so that it worked smoothly and the bugs gone as I loved the large open spaces in it.

For some reason (though I like Science fiction) I lost interest after the "Into the future" expansion.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top