Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gameplay Ideas For Chocolate and Candy!

SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
edited October 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I've really enjoyed the new BAKERY skill and all the new food, and started thinking about how we could make more food with a different skill. I'd love for my sims to be able to make Chocolates and Candies as a hobby - and then of course eat them, and sell them.
It could all come under a CONFECTIONERY SKILL - All Things Sugar!, and work similar to how the bakery skill works.
As you advance through the levels, new recipes would become available, and we could use all the fruits that we harvest in game for different flavours.

The higher levels could give us some kind of gameplay benefits from eating the candy.
Mints: Confidence
Chocolate Coated Strawberries: Flirty
Chocolate Coated Coffee Beans: Instant Energy!
Honeycomb: Instant Fun!
Bliss Bombs: Playful

Also, a benefit to our candy that other foods don't have: They NEVER spoil! So we can have them in our inventories for as long as we like.
If we use rare ingredients with advanced skill, we could get benefits like doing homework or career daily tasks instantly - or at least super quick!
jT3wRGg.png
8bOmTIv.png
DOmK8m7.png
  • Sweet tooth trait
  • Confectionery and Chocolatier CAREER as a Work From Home Career
  • Chocolate and Sugar Sculpting - edible art works
  • Chocolate Factory for KIDS
  • Food Busking - Portable Cotton Candy Machine
  • Functional Jam and Spread Jars - kids can make sandwiches!
  • Group Cocoa - made on stove/grill
  • Gift Giving brought back
  • New Category on Easel for Sweet Tooth Sims

A new interactive object could be unlocked: The Sculpting Stand, used for chocolate and sugar sculpting.

PojTkv7.png

A part of the New Career's daily tasks, could be to Make Sculptures
  • This sculptures could then be used as edible centrepieces for parties. Sims could 'grab a bite' to eat them, and enthuse about candy.
  • The sculptures could also be sold to the 'local Candy Store' to make simoleans - or be sold in a retail store if we have GTW installed.
  • The sculptures could start out fairly simple, and become very complex, as the sim advances through the skill.

Chocolate Sculptures
l2Ghwoy.png

Sugar Sculptures
vThirIh.png

... I would like to be able to make hot cocoa on a stove or grill

That way, we could make hot chocolate while we go camping at Granite Falls, or picnicing in any of the parks and public areas. Group serving of 8!

3qGFI9E.png

More Suggestions:
Soda Maker
lYVGo6D.png
Ice Confection Mold
cOxj1uy.png

Jams! - sims could make jams on the stove (or even the grill in a pot) with the fruits in the game. Jam is pretty easy to make, so it should appear in either level 1 or 2 of the confectionery skill. We could make things like Lemon Butter, and Chocolate Spread.
JWKu21D.png

When we click on the jar, we could have options like: 'Eat from Jar' where the sims could spoon it straight into their mouths, and 'Spread on Bread' where the sims can make a quick sandwich. This should be available to KIDS as well.

Secret Lot to Explore and Meet New NPC
S5fLOYx.jpg
Chocolate WaterFall
Edible Objects
New Recipes to Find

Vending Machine to use on any community lot without the need of an NPC. Compatible with GTW's Retail stystem.

tTPKtDH.png

I want to GIVE GIFTS of chocolates
Post edited by Simalleyaile on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2016
    A new trait could be provided called SWEET TOOTH, where the sim will have the 'enthuse about candy' 'discuss favourite ice creams', 'swap chocolate recipes' in their social menu, and their whims could be 'discuss candy with sim', 'make candy', 'eat candy' ... this trait would also mean that they could advance in the sugar skill quicker.

Those sims with the sweet tooth trait could be immune to any negative buffs associated with eating too much sweet stuff.

Those with the sweet tooth trait ALWAYS has the option to "Give a sim a sweet treat!'

Sweet Tooth sims could also unlock a new category on the Painting Easel, where they can paint artworks inspired by Chocolate and Candy. We can then sell them in our Chocolate and Candy Shops, are just use them as decorations around our Cafes, Bakeries and at home.
    m70Qnbr.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The sweet tooth trait sounds cute.
  • Options
    craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    (jumping up and down while eating candy) I want that, I want that, I want that.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • Options
    LavenderZayLavenderZay Posts: 710 Member
    Nice! I love your ideas
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    ... also

Jams! - sims could make jams on the stove (or even the grill in a pot) with the fruits in the game. Jam is pretty easy to make, so it should appear in either level 1 or 2 of the confectionery skill. We could make things like Lemon Butter, and Chocolate Spread.
    JWKu21D.png

When we click on the jar, we could have options like: 'Eat from Jar' where the sims could spoon it straight into their mouths, and 'Spread on Bread' where the sims can make a quick sandwich. This should be available to KIDS as well.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    ... also, I would love some more CAREER options for my sweet toothed sims!

How 'bout, adding a Confectioner's Career to the Work From Home Options.

As a confectioner, they would have to advance in the confectionery skill, and creativity skill, and eventually become a MASTER of Confection.

A new interactive object could be unlocked: The Sculpting Stand, used for chocolate and sugar sculpting.

PojTkv7.png

A part of their daily tasks, could be to Make Sculptures
    • This sculptures could then be used as edible centrepieces for parties. Sims could 'grab a bite' to eat them, and enthuse about candy.
    • The sculptures could also be sold to the 'local Candy Store' to make simoleans - or be sold in a retail store if we have GTW installed.
    • The sculptures could start out fairly simple, and become very complex, as the sim advances through the skill.

Chocolate Sculptures
    l2Ghwoy.png

Sugar Sculptures
    vThirIh.png
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited July 2015
    Chocolatier Career? I'd love that, in fact it's something I've wanted in The Sims for a long time! I love the idea of the Sweet Tooth Trait as well! It would be pretty cool if they released a Farmlife or Countrylife EP so that we could milk Cows to make Chocolate. You know what would be really cool? If they bring back stuff like easy-bake ovens for Children to be able to cook and bake. Would be cool if they added 'Chocolate Factory' as a new Venue.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Thanks @Prink34320 - I agree with you about something for the kids. Maybe they could have a mini chocolate factory - about the size of their science lab, and make trays of simple chocolates to eat.
  • Options
    MagicAndPancakesMagicAndPancakes Posts: 149 Member
    A new trait could be provided called SWEET TOOTH, where the sim will have the 'enthuse about candy' 'discuss favourite ice creams', 'swap chocolate recipes' in their social menu, and their whims could be 'discuss candy with sim', 'make candy', 'eat candy' ... this trait would also mean that they could advance in the sugar skill quicker.

Ah, a perfect trait for my self-sim! :D

I'm really liking the ideas in this thread. I love the cooking and baking skills and to add even more to them would be awesome. Now this thread is making me hungry.
  • Options
    foxfaesfoxfaes Posts: 89 Member
    Gah! This could be so cute! Kids could become hyper from eating candy and they could add "sugar rush" as a type of moodlet for all the sims!
    Origin ID: foxfaes
    My Gallery! :)
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    Oh my God! Yes!!
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    This would be so fantastic! I absolutely love this idea!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    foxfaes wrote: »
    Gah! This could be so cute! Kids could become hyper from eating candy and they could add "sugar rush" as a type of moodlet for all the sims!

Love the idea of a sugar rush! Maybe they could get dazed from it.

Thanks for all your comments everyone, and keep adding your own ideas too.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    ... and, I would really love to have a

PORTABLE COTTON CANDY MACHINE

WF7sUZk.png

Sims could buy this object to put in their inventory, and then take to any community lot, or use in any of the public spaces. Food Busking! Make simoleans, while they also advance in the confectionery skill.

• Options
    xoxochelliexoxochellie Posts: 17 New Member
    Love your idea
  • Options
    Thanks @xoxochellie :)

... I would like to be able to make hot cocoa on a stove or grill

That way, we could make hot chocolate while we go camping at Granite Falls, or picnicing in any of the parks and public areas. Group serving of 8!

3qGFI9E.png
  • Options
    SteveKarehaSteveKareha Posts: 160 Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm in love with your idea!! This is so sweet (pun intended) and you thought everything out and It's well rounded, hell, EA could make a Game Pack out of your idea!!
    Tumblr - MTS - TS3 Wishlist - TS3 Exchange - TS3 Top Five

Origin ID & Gallery: PinguinoGamer94 (Be sure to tick "See Custom Content"!)
  • Options
    Thanks @SteveKareha

So we're getting an ice cream maker with 30 flavours and some with 'special abilities' :)

I'd still like to have some traits, career and especially a new skill that ties everything together. Hoping EA will have a read of this...
  • Options
    Just wanted to add, I don't think I would like an entire pack dedicated to chocolate or candy - and would hate the idea of another Katy Perry Sweet Treats pack (sorry if you loved that pack). I think this would just be a bit of a fun addition to an expansion pack - maybe a CITY type expansion, or some type of Family Expansion - (like the bakery skill came in GTW) :)
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    @Simalleyaile you are a glorious genius, if these ideas are never included I will be very very sad.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    maybe also an extra trait that dosn't like candy... just to mix it up

and some candy kids can do with adults....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Just wanted to add, I don't think I would like an entire pack dedicated to chocolate or candy - and would hate the idea of another Katy Perry Sweet Treats pack (sorry if you loved that pack). I think this would just be a bit of a fun addition to an expansion pack - maybe a CITY type expansion, or some type of Family Expansion - (like the bakery skill came in GTW) :)

what about a hobby/free time pack

- the candy
    - clay
    - kniting
    other stuff as hoobis

rolorscating/scatboarding
    boardgames
    groupe activities conected with hobbies
    makeing pearlnecklas and braclets... both for kids and adults (the kids looks well like kids work, and the adults could be fancy at they get better and could eb sold)

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    LoopyLizzieLoopyLizzie Posts: 76 Member
    :o All excellent ideas!!
  • Options
    amaresityamaresity Posts: 319 Member
    This would be awesome. The hobby/free time pack mentioned is desperately needed I think.