Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blank Photo Bug - fix coming tomorrow!

SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
edited March 6 in Nominated Threads
Hello everyone!

Good news! In tomorrow’s patch, we will be fixing the blank photo bug that would occur when you would place photos in your household inventory and then place them on the wall. Please be sure to put the photos in your sims personal inventories instead until the patch goes through. Unfortunately, images that have been blacked out already are unrecoverable.
Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Thanks for the heads up :)
    egTcBMc.png
  • VirtualPersonalityVirtualPersonality Posts: 43 Member
    YAY :)
    Check out my new video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhVXyGGUxXc @Unusefulrandom sub if you like it
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    @SimGuruDrake do we need to place all photos into the sims inventory before patching or is it if we are moving the photos before tomorrow's patch, we should place them in sims personal inventory rather than sims household inventory.

Thanks for letting us know a fix is coming.
  • sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    Well something weird happened yesterday when I was taking pictures with sims. Not sure if this is fixed, but my pictures from another game would show up in the inventory when my sim took a selfie with another sim. It was weird. Like, there would be a picture of a cherry blossom tree that another sim from a completely different game took and it did not show up as the selfie. Not sure if it's happened to anyone else .-.
    IMG-6587.gif
  • rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    @SimGuruDrake thanks for all the improvements!
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    @Kerwinkle wrote: »
    Well something weird happened yesterday when I was taking pictures with sims. Not sure if this is fixed, but my pictures from another game would show up in the inventory when my sim took a selfie with another sim. It was weird. Like, there would be a picture of a cherry blossom tree that another sim from a completely different game took and it did not show up as the selfie. Not sure if it's happened to anyone else .-.

Did you start both games in the same session ? Meaning, did you close down the game completely (not just main menu) in between ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    cherpar wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake do we need to place all photos into the sims inventory before patching or is it if we are moving the photos before tomorrow's patch, we should place them in sims personal inventory rather than sims household inventory.

Thanks for letting us know a fix is coming.

You want to be sure any pictures you have taken that were placed in your household inventory are put in the personal inventory until after the patch goes up today :)
    Hi @SimGuruDrake, at AHQ there were also reports of pictures going black after loading them to the gallery and redownloading. Is that also fixed, do you know ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    crinrict wrote: »
    Hi @SimGuruDrake, at AHQ there were also reports of pictures going black after loading them to the gallery and redownloading. Is that also fixed, do you know ?

I can ask! I know for sure that the household inventory blank photo bug is being fixed today.
    They could be related. Maybe the user put the pictures in the family inventory before uploading. Or they could be separate. Really unsure :D
    AHQ Tutorial

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Don't forget to move the mod folder out before patching everyone. Some patches will not take or be applied if it isn't done. I know from personal experience. Just put it back after the patch is done and be prepared if mods don't work. CCs usually do still.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    What time does the mod go up?

SIGNATURE:www(dot)youtube(dot)com/channel/UClFV0S0xMq5UI1svoSJLfRQ
    Check out my new video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhVXyGGUxXc @Unusefulrandom sub if you like it
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Luckily enough I haven't experienced the bug yet, but it's good to know it's fixed :)

Star Wind Flower Sun
  • SakuraLeonSakuraLeon Posts: 272 Member
    The update seems to be fixing loads of issues, however for me it has stopped my game working! Whenever I try to enter a household it just returns back to the world map! >.<
    edited July 2015
    i have not had a chance to try the update yet because my computer has had an issue and now im reinstalling like every game i have on it...GAH also i cant find my sims 2 discs :( i have the whole set expansions and stuff pack but i managed to misplace them all... anyway

SIGNATURE:www(dot)youtube(dot)com/channel/UClFV0S0xMq5UI1svoSJLfRQ
    SAKURALEON wrote: »
    The update seems to be fixing loads of issues, however for me it has stopped my game working! Whenever I try to enter a household it just returns back to the world map! >.<

Are you using mods in your game ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• manibean4998manibean4998 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have the same problem with my family not loading. I read a thread that said to get rid of CC and my mods, but I REALLY want to keep my stuff.
  • SakuraLeonSakuraLeon Posts: 272 Member
    Yes I am using mods. The strange thing is if I start a new game, with the mods, it will load okay. It just doesn't load my current household with the new update and the mods in the game. >.<! Its so annoying because the only mod I use is the no relationship decay mod, now all my sims will have no friends after a week ;_;

I am wondering if it is because I updated the game while the mods are still active. I use a laptop as well so next time I use that I will remove the mods before I update and see if that makes a difference.
    Check if the mod has been updated. That one is known to cause this issue.
    AHQ Tutorial

• bela4bela4 Posts: 78 Member
    That is lovely. Now if you would fix the bug bug so I could complete my collection of insects...
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Ooooh we're getting another patch? I thought the last patch was for Spa Day lol
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Ooooh we're getting another patch? I thought the last patch was for Spa Day lol

That was *this* patch ;)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Anime_keisha0892Anime_keisha0892 Posts: 2 New Member
    wheres the sims 4 spa day? is it coming out today?
  • Anime_keisha0892Anime_keisha0892 Posts: 2 New Member
    i wanna play the sims 4 spa day right now? i need to know whats going on?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top