Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Invalid CSRF token?

Comments

• Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited April 2017
    Thanks @LeGardePourpre. How do you use the Incognito Mode/Private Browsing? Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be changed.

• sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    I'm just making a post here to test the problem. :)
    ...and now go straight back to the aussie site through the country tab and try to post @sawdust

edited April 2017
    The other thing that I've noticed, not sure if others have, but if you post several posts from an initial "New Discussion" like if you reserve about 6 posts, for example, for a competition, the first time going back into it to edit once or more, it comes up with a message saying something like..."You have posted 1 times within 240 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 600 seconds before attempting to post again." It only happens in the initial post from a new discussion I've noticed. you can edit as many times as you want in subsequent posts.

That happens here, but not sure about the Aussie site.

Just used the Country tab from the Aussie site to post this.
    Directly, @sawdust?

Yes @Jendowoz0612 ... it's working normally for me ... this is why I think it might be a browser issue.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Now I cant post on the aussie forum either. :(
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    edited April 2017
    So how do we update browsers @sawdust ?

• GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    It seems to be a browser issue. I can't post in the US forums if I use Firefox (newest version). Everything is ok if I use Edge or IE.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I have this problem in the French forum, I even can't disconnect to my account... :neutral:
    Lu4ERme.gif
    @Jendowoz0612 If you are on Windows and running IE it should update through your Windows update schedule. You may well be on the latest version which might be what's causing the problem. I remember awhile back I had an issue not being able to quote posts and everything was up to date. I just had to wait till IE had a new patch which fixed it. I'm still on Win 7 which maybe why I'm not getting the problem. If it's only happening when using the Country Tab above, don't use it. Open each forum you wish to post in in their own window rather than switching.
    edited April 2017
    That is what I have been doing and it's been fine, @sawdust and now Chips seems to be having the same issue, so is Tom and so many others. Who can I write to discuss this problem?

I'm on Google Chrome @sawdust and if it's the browser why isn't if affecting my travelling to different sites through normal searches, it seems to be only happening inside these forums.
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Hiya everyone. I'm unsure but I think that recent changes to the US forum may have affected the other foreign forums also. I did manage to change my dp on the AU forum using a different browser as I can no longer access AU through chrome.

So I opened AU on IE while using US on chrome. Hope that helps.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
    It does thank you, @Savage_Patch_Kidd :)

edited April 2017
    @Jendowoz0612 No probs, hope that works :blush:

(OH! Esine here btw) :wink: I hope @Transfan_Wiccan isn't having problems also. I miss talking to her.
    Oh hey there, Esine. Changed your name, Miss talking to you too!

Same Jen! Miss reading your stories :blush:
    @Jendowoz0612 ... I'm not a programmer so why it happens I don't know. There's obviously a conflict somewhere that certain pc configurations can't handle the switch. Has @SimGuruDrake been made aware of the issue? Other than that you might simply have to wait it out until either changes are made to the forum or your browser (assuming that's where the conflict lies) and continue to open each country forum in its' own tab. :)
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    It seems to be a browser issue. I can't post in the US forums if I use Firefox (newest version). Everything is ok if I use Edge or IE.

This what I've found as well. Couldn't post just now with Chrome but works fine with Edge.

Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • kerplukeekerplukee Posts: 180 Member
    edited April 2017
    Message to see if it works.

Edit: ok after two weeks with this issue I can tell the problem was the browser :'( With Chrome it kept on saying "invalid CSFR token", now I'm using IE
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    You are lucky then. Even with IE i still have this message, i've tried mozilla and chrome. The only things that work for me is closing the web browser and use a direct link to avoid the Invalid Csrf token --'
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i got that error message yesterday while posting so testing today to see if it will happen again
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • kerplukeekerplukee Posts: 180 Member
    You are lucky then. Even with IE i still have this message, i've tried mozilla and chrome. The only things that work for me is closing the web browser and use a direct link to avoid the Invalid Csrf token --'

I've tried to redirect with chrome in another way I used to do. Have you already tried? For example I always clicked at first the main page of the sims 4 website (because I saved that page) then I went click forum> choosing the country. This time I tried instead going directly to forums.thesims.com/en_US and it works apparently!
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    kerplukee wrote: »

I've tried to redirect with chrome in another way I used to do. Have you already tried? For example I always clicked at first the main page of the sims 4 website (because I saved that page) then I went click forum> choosing the country. This time I tried instead going directly to forums.thesims.com/en_US and it works apparently!

I've just tried, it's not working for me ^^' I just don't have luck i suppose.