Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

12 Zodiac Population Challenge

SimsOMediaSimsOMedia Posts: 175 Member
Hey All,

I'm bringing you my first challenge, I'm actually going to begin making the sims myself now and will post the houses I use, and sims as well in case you guys would like to use them.
The 12 Zodiac Population Challenge

Goal: Whichever Zodiac has the most babies wins.

Startup:
You will create 2 households.
Household A will have 8 male sims.
Household B will have 4 female sims.
Each sim must represent a zodiac sign, and have the last name of the zodiac they represent.
Move each household into any lot you wish.

Decoration:
Each sim must have their own bedroom and private attached bathroom. You may create as many rooms as you want, however, sims may not have extravagant items in their private dwellings. Those will be earned by the points they make later.
Lastly create a large room in each house / or an additional floor. You may not access this room, except on in-game weekends (further explanation below). Make sure the room has enough space for all of the sims to be in at the same time, as well as up to 8, 6 square objects (example big enough to fit 8 punching bags) for the male household, and 4, 6 square objects for the female household.

Rules:
Begin each household with only 1000 simoleans.
You may only use cheats / mods if the game is bugged, to get the simoleons in each household down to 1,000, or to scan sims to find out if they are pregnant.
Sims may not gain skills that are not necessary for daily living such as: painting, guitar, violin, etc.
Sims may not have a career.
For the female household, all babies must be moved out and live with their fathers.
Zodiac sims may not try for a baby with one another unless the target zodiac sim has lost and is now living in their own household.

Gameplay:
Rotate households on a weekly basis (I suggest playing on the long lifespan for this). During weekdays (Monday - Friday) each sim is to meet, flirt, and attempt to impregnate / become pregnant by as many sims as possible. Sims may travel to different locations to meet new sims. Sims will receive 1,000 simoleans for every baby born under their zodiac name that week. The sim will also receive points for every successful interaction. The only other way to receive points is by successfully winning the Skill challenge for the week which will only be available on Saturday, and Sunday. The sim with the least amount of points at the end of the week, will have lost, and be moved out, and all babies born under that zodiac sign will be moved in with the sim to take care of (ah, sweet revenge).

Weekend Skill Challenges:
Use the large room you made early and add enough funds in order to add the necessary activity object, and then remove the excess funds once finished.
Rewards: +10 points to the winning sim, and the sim may have the activity item in their private dwelling.
Pick whichever challenge you may like for whatever week. Feel free to come up with your own and post them. This is just how I will make my personal schedule.

Week 1: Athletic
Sims have Saturday & Sunday to gain as many athletic points as possible. During this challenge, you may only tell the sims to access the object once. However, the sim may use the object as many times as it wants on its own. Wins: Either a Treadmill, workout machine, or punching bag.

Week 2: Painting
Sims have Saturday & Sunday to gain as many points in the painting skill as possible. During this challenge, you may only tell the sims to access the object once. However, the sim may use the object as many times as it wants on its own. Wins: Easel

Week 3: Cooking
Sims have Saturday & Sunday to gain as many cooking points as possible. During this challenge, you may only tell the sims to cook three times. Once for breakfast, once for lunch, and once for dinner. However, the sim may use the object as many times as it wants on its own. The winner of this challenge will receive an activity object of your choosing.

By Week 3, you should have a winner within the female household.

Week 4 for the male household: Logic
Sims have Saturday & Sunday to gain as many logic points as possible. During this challenge, you may only tell the sims to play chess once. However, sims may use the object as many times as it wants on its own. Wins: Logic table

Week 5 for the male household: Video Games
Sims have Saturday & Sunday to gain as many video game points as possible. During this challenge, you may only tell the sims to play video games once. However, sims may use the object as many times as it wants on its own. Wins: Computer

Week 6 for the male household:
Sims have Saturday & Sunday to gain as many guitar points as possible. During this challenge, you may only tell the sims to play guitar once. However, sims may use the object as many times as it wants on its own. Wins: Guitar

Week 7 for the male household:
No special activity, sim with the most points wins.

Points Needed to Remove Restrictions in Private Dwellings:
Each Electronic Addition (stereo, computer, tv): 100 points
Better Bedroom: 250 points
Better Bathroom: 200 points

Points & Scoring:
Each Romantic Relationship: +1 point
Having a Romantic Relationship with another Zodiac: +5 points
Each Try For Baby: +5 points
Trying for baby with another Zodiac: +10 points
Each baby: 1,000 simoleons, +20 points
Having a baby with another Zodiac: 1,000 simoleons, +30 points
Having Twins: 5,000 simoleons, +50 points
Having Twins with another Zodiac: 5,000 simoleons, +75 points
Having Triplets: 10,000 simoleons, +100 points
Having Triplets with another Zodiac: 10,000 simoleons, +150 points
Each skill challenge won: +10 points
Getting caught Cheating: -5 points
Having a negative Romantic relationship: -10 points
Not performing the try for baby interaction for 1 day: -15 points
Try for baby not resulting in a pregnancy: -25 points
Not participating in the skill challenge (by not getting any points in the skill of that weekend): -10 points

If you'd like to see how I'm performing the challenge click here:http://simsomedia.tumblr.com/tagged/12 zodiac population challenge
Find me here:
Tumblr
Youtbe

download%201.jpg

Comments

• SimsOMediaSimsOMedia Posts: 175 Member
    edited July 2015
    Here's an excel sheet for the challenge: https://www.mediafire.com/?numcuq685rpg5hf Please don't reupload.
    Post edited by SimsOMedia on
    Find me here:
    Tumblr
    Youtbe

download%201.jpg
    Maverick Aquarius:
    Maverick%20Aquarius.png
    Download here: ow.ly/Pj5Mb
    Find me here:
    Tumblr
    Youtbe

download%201.jpg
    So I've made about half of the sims right now but I keep getting that, your comment will appear once it's been approved thing. I'll try posting them again tomorrow.
    Find me here:
    Tumblr
    Youtbe

download%201.jpg
    For the time being until everything's settled on the forums I'll be posting all the sims / photos here: http://simsomedia.tumblr.com/tagged/12 zodiac population challenge
    Find me here:
    Tumblr
    Youtbe

download%201.jpg
  • JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    this is very interesting.. is this in beta or have u tried already? i will play it because it seems different...
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
    oh well i just noticed u havnt finished the houses, so i will wait for that and then i will play this using all ur characters since uve put a lot of time into it

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Jmaraa wrote: »
    oh well i just noticed u havnt finished the houses, so i will wait for that and then i will play this using all ur characters since uve put a lot of time into it

Since you asked, here you go: http://simsomedia.tumblr.com/post/123704094640/the-zodiac-estate
    Find me here:
    Tumblr
    Youtbe

download%201.jpg
    SimsOMedia wrote: »
    For the time being until everything's settled on the forums I'll be posting all the sims / photos here: http://simsomedia.tumblr.com/tagged/12 zodiac population challenge
    Your Sims look great :)

Thank you :)

Find me here:
    Tumblr
    Youtbe

download%201.jpg
    edited July 2015
    @simsomedia thank you for posting! but the download link leads me to a dead end.. im super eager to play because i didnt know u had it ready! I suggest you tag them like #zodiacchallenge in the gallery when you upload them (if you havn't already) so i can find it <333

@simsomedia thank you for posting! but the download link leads me to a dead end.. im super eager to play because i didnt know u had it ready! I suggest you tag them like #zodiacchallenge in the gallery when you upload them (if you havn't already) so i can find it <333

I don't actually use the gallery. I tested the link and it's fixed now. Sorry about that. http://ow.ly/PsAOD
    Find me here:
    Tumblr
    Youtbe

download%201.jpg
    err, sorry to be annoying.. so im trying to download your house and people, but im a bit lost. So i DL then unzip them, then move them to my Mods folder.. but they arent appearing when i launch my game.. Am i installing these wrong? help!

• kensgirl73kensgirl73 Posts: 212 Member
    err, sorry to be annoying.. so im trying to download your house and people, but im a bit lost. So i DL then unzip them, then move them to my Mods folder.. but they arent appearing when i launch my game.. Am i installing these wrong? help!

The Mods folder is just for files with the extension PACKAGE and script files. You would put houses and Sims into the Tray folder.

@kensgirl73 thank you so much! im such a noob when it comes to cc

• kensgirl73kensgirl73 Posts: 212 Member

No problem whatsoever. :)

Are you enjoying the challenge so far?
    Find me here:
    Tumblr
    Youtbe

download%201.jpg
  • ShannNyanShannNyan Posts: 31 Member
    Hum, how can you know if the girls you made babies with are pregnant with one or more child? Is it a mod?
    ShannNyan wrote: »
    Hum, how can you know if the girls you made babies with are pregnant with one or more child? Is it a mod?

I use MC Master Controller to see it, but you'd also know once they have the babies. They'll call and tell you what they had.
    Find me here:
    Tumblr
    Youtbe

download%201.jpg
  • k_gennak_genna Posts: 160 Member
    The only problem I have found with this is that a guy will always win. While a female sim can get pregnant on day one, she can't get pregnant again until she has the baby, so about three days. A male sim is not restricted in this way. Maybe have one male and one female winner? And stick them together in a house to raise babies and pay child support on all dem townies! Lol
    Or perhaps just using all of one gender. For females would have to be more houses to house all the babies, but its doable.
  • raemariekraemariek Posts: 88 Member
    I really like this challenge! I know you didn't completely finish it, but I think a lot of us would like too. Its definitely a different perspective of gameplay:-)
  • Dizzy dDizzy d Posts: 6 New Member
    This sounded so awesome I made my own version of it so I could play. (I'm not very experienced and don't use cc) I don't really want to share without the creator's permission though because it's very different, but also very plagiarized at the same time (kinda took the main ideas and ran with it). I'm about to create Sims and Houses and I'm really excited!! So THANK YOU for the inspiration! :)
    Dizzy d wrote: »
    This sounded so awesome I made my own version of it so I could play. (I'm not very experienced and don't use cc) I don't really want to share without the creator's permission though because it's very different, but also very plagiarized at the same time (kinda took the main ideas and ran with it). I'm about to create Sims and Houses and I'm really excited!! So THANK YOU for the inspiration! :)

I'm complete fine with you sharing your version of it. If you could please put a link to this version as well in case people do want to use the mod I'd really appreciate it.
    Find me here:
    Tumblr
    Youtbe

download%201.jpg
  • Dizzy dDizzy d Posts: 6 New Member
    > @SimsOMedia said:
    > Dizzy d wrote: »
    >
    > This sounded so awesome I made my own version of it so I could play. (I'm not very experienced and don't use cc) I don't really want to share without the creator's permission though because it's very different, but also very plagiarized at the same time (kinda took the main ideas and ran with it). I'm about to create Sims and Houses and I'm really excited!! So THANK YOU for the inspiration! :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm complete fine with you sharing your version of it. If you could please put a link to this version as well in case people do want to use the mod I'd really appreciate it.

I am working on my characters and houses currently, I haven't had as much time as I would have liked to be playing recently, but for now here are the general rules I tweaked from yours.

Gameplay and Rules:

Startup:
    You will create 2 households (Water&Air and Fire&Earth).
    Each sim must represent a zodiac sign, and have the last name of the zodiac they represent. (Try and give them traits that member of the zodiac would have.)
    You may have any mix of gender you choose.
    Recommended Long Lifespan.

Houses:
    Each sim must have their own bedroom and private attached bathroom with the basics. Use cheap items (Will be able to “Upgrade” for points.) Special skill building rooms will be locked except on weekends and are used for the Weekend Skill Challenge. They need to be able to accommodate all 6 sims at once. (May have 1 large room that gets remodeled each weekend) The rest of the house may be as you choose, but be careful not to add things that will build activity type skills. These are for the weekends only. (Exception: private rooms when object is won) Make sure to lock doors to private rooms so that only the sim whose room it is has access.

Let’s Play:
    Begin each household with only 1000 simoleans.
    You may only use cheats / mods if the game is bugged, to get the simoleons in each household down to 1,000, or to scan sims to find out if they are pregnant.
    Sims may not gain skills that are not necessary for daily living except on weekends.
    Sims may not have a career.
    Rotate households on a weekly basis. (Allow other household to age while away)
    During weekdays (Monday - Friday) each sim is to meet, flirt, and attempt to impregnate / become pregnant by as many sims as possible. Sims will receive 1,000 simoleans for every baby born under their zodiac name that week. The sim will also receive points for romantic relationships and try for baby.
    The Weekend Skill Challenge will only be available on Saturday, and Sunday. The skill room/s will be opened giving the sims access to whichever skill is the goal for that weekend. You may only tell each sims to do said activity once. They must choose to do it themselves the rest of the weekend. The sim with the most skill in that area at the end of the weekend wins.
    The sim with the least amount of points at the end of the week, will have lost, and be moved out, and all babies born under that zodiac sign will be moved in with the sim to take care of (ah, sweet revenge)-Via @SimsOMedia .
    All babies must be moved out to live with the other parent. (Until the Zodiac parent gets kicked out)
    Zodiac sims may not try for a baby with one another unless the target zodiac sim has lost and is now living in their own household. (Ex-Zodiac)

Extra Notes: My houses will have some specialty rooms and one community room and I will keep extra equipment in a storage shed for people to download and move into household inventory so you don’t have to fiddle with money when remodeling the community room.

Points & Scoring:
    Each Romantic Relationship: +1 Z(+2)
    Each Try For Baby: +10 Z(+15)
    Each baby: 1,000 simoleons, +20 Z(+30)
    Having Twins: 5,000 simoleons, +50 Z(+75)
    Having Triplets: 10,000 simoleons, +100 Z(+150)
    Each skill challenge won: +10
    Get caught Cheating: -5
    Not participating in the skill challenge: -10
    Having a negative romantic relationship: -10

FEMALES: Earn double points for babies because they are at a disadvantage while pregnant.

Relationships and Babies with Ex-Zodiac Members: see Z

Points Needed to Remove Restrictions in Private Rooms:
    Each Electronic Addition (stereo, computer, tv): 100 points
    Better Bedroom: 250 points
    Better Bathroom: 250 points
    Re-model extra room: 350 points (rooms will become available when sims are kicked out)

This is what I have so far, since I haven't played it yet it may need some changes and I am super open to suggestions!
    Thank You!
  • Typolandman189Typolandman189 Posts: 5 New Member
    I like the idea for the challenge, but I want to ask If I can use the challenge, but change it around. I want to use the chinese zodiac, Rat, Ram, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Monkey, Rooster, Ox, Pig, and Dog. And I want to use 6 male, and 6 female for its even.