Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forum Service Issues

SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
Hello Everyone!

I want to apologize for the forums issues you have been experiencing over the last week. Our team is working hard to resolve them and have been working on upgrading the system so that this does not happen again. We are aware that some of you are still experiencing issues and the team is working those out as well.

If you have any questions related to the forum service issues please let me know.
Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims

Comments

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    thank you for posting it here

if the last hours is anything to go by it is fixed in my end....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Thakns for working on this issue because I've ben having to type my posts on notepad and copy them into the reply box to post here.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    MissDelianaMissDeliana Posts: 2 New Member
    We have forum-users in the nordic countries that haven't been able to upload new profilepics the past couple of days. I'm assuming that's also a result of these issues? :)
  • Options
    @MissDeliana not if your all new members like you, then it is do to member status.
    but I havn't tried to change my picture so it could be, considering the full serve meseges we get.
    don't know much about the tech part of things
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    LOL is gone now?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    LOL is gone now?

I have removed the LOL button for now due to a glitch.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Please, please don't put them back. We were seeing how many troll accounts were made just to laugh at people. Rethink it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    If they argue it's about a poll that poll included both likes and lol's.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Please, please don't put them back. We were seeing how many troll accounts were made just to laugh at people. Rethink it.

Agreed or if you have to bring them back leave them visible so everyone can see exactly how they are being used and who is doing it.
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Agreed or if you have to bring them back leave them visible so everyone can see exactly how they are being used and who is doing it.

I'd appreciate the nudge from that to be my better self and not use Lol when I shouldn't :/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member

I'd appreciate the nudge from that to be my better self and not use Lol when I shouldn't :/

Nothing like public disclosure to keep one honest huh? Or at least we can hope.
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I agree, either remove them forever or make them visible and reportable.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    You know what no...

Please leave them off for good.

They are being abused by every clique, every disgruntled debater, EVERYONE.

Today I found out that people I thought were my FRIENDS were lolling my serious posts.

We don't need them. This is a forum for discussion. Not facebook.
  • Options
    Mana94Mana94 Posts: 118 Member
    i don't get notified when people quote me. although the i have checked the box in the notifications preference. is this a known issue?
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been here without getting logged out from loading a thread or entering a forum though it loads very slowly sometimes.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Mana94 wrote: »
    i don't get notified when people quote me. although the i have checked the box in the notifications preference. is this a known issue?

I never get when they qoute me... and not allways when they tag me... or writ in a thread I have marked.
    but I don't think we could pick qoute as a notification option... I wish we could
  • Options
    Mana94Mana94 Posts: 118 Member
    anettesb wrote: »

I never get when they qoute me... and not allways when they tag me... or writ in a thread I have marked.
    but I don't think we could pick qoute as a notification option... I wish we could

well we should be notified when people quote us! like right now, shouldn't i be notified of your answer to my question? i just checked the thread again otherwise i wouldn't have seen your answer.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    anettesb wrote: »

well we should be notified when people quote us! like right now, shouldn't i be notified of your answer to my question? i just checked the thread again otherwise i wouldn't have seen your answer.

I don't see it in the settings... but maybe I missed it... if we schould it dosn't work
    if we schouldn't I wish they change it, becouse I like that

edit:
    this is what I see in settings

Notification Preferences

Notify me when people write on my wall.
    Notify me when people reply to my wall comments.
    Notify me when people comment on my discussions.
    Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.
    Notify me when people mention me.
    Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.
    Notify me when I earn a badge.
    Notify me of private messages.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Ok forums crashed a couple times tonight. First it said maintenance then the site went down completely. So just letting you know.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    elorademinaelorademina Posts: 46 Member
    Is there a reason why I can't delete any of my posts (I can only edit them)? and why only part of my comments (regardless of format) are showing up? And whenever I try to quote someone I get this notification: "The quote had to be converted from BBCode to Text. Some formatting may have been lost." I sure would like to be able to participate in the forums, gurus, but you're making it extremely difficult for me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited August 2015
    @elorademina, you're still a new member, so you don't have full privileges . Please see this thread for more info: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know/p1

Regarding deleting posts, no one can delete them. You can edit them to say 'post deleted' or something, if you want.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    > @greenXen said:
    > elorademina, you're still a new member, so you don't have full priveleges. Please see this thread for more info: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know/p1
    >
    > Regarding deleting posts, no one can delete them. You can edit them to say 'post deleted' or something, if you want.

Okay, thank you greenXen for your response!
    I sure would like to know why I'm considered a "new member" though when I've been a member of the Sims forum since 2010. Seems kinda fishy. I had a whole ton of privileges until they revamped the forums and then all of a sudden all my privileges were taken away and I can't do sh** now.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    > @greenXen said:
    > elorademina, you're still a new member, so you don't have full priveleges. Please see this thread for more info: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know/p1
    >
    > Regarding deleting posts, no one can delete them. You can edit them to say 'post deleted' or something, if you want.

Okay, thank you greenXen for your response!
    I sure would like to know why I'm considered a "new member" though when I've been a member of the Sims forum since 2010. Seems kinda fishy. I had a whole ton of privileges until they revamped the forums and then all of a sudden all my privileges were taken away and I can't do sh** now.

This is due to a high volume of troll activity back in August and September of last year where they were using unwanted, illegal and nasty pictures as their avatars and posting illegal pictures on threads. So EA had to put a system in place that would root out any would be trolls and make it harder for newer members to do stuff on the forums. So EA reset everyone's points back to zero and if you had the required 50 points, 30 posts and an account older than 24 hours when the system was put in place, then you became a member and if you didn't then you were classified as a New Member. EA doesn't care if people have been with the old TS3 forums from the beginning of TS3 as anyone of the trolls could had made several accounts back then that was never banned. EA is going by how many posts someone made on the old site, so if someone only made a few posts but not enough to be a full member, then they have to work they way up to a full member.

I have seen people who made accounts back in 2009 but never posted anything in the forums and they just started visiting this site since TS4 came out.

• Options
    Figures. I can understand it but it still sucks. And I'm still pretty sure that I ought to be "member" status and that they screwed up when they reset my profile. Pretty dang sure I had over 30 posts before the revamp, but whatever. I don't know how many points I had though; I had no idea I was even playing a game.
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    Figures. I can understand it but it still sucks. And I'm still pretty sure that I ought to be "member" status and that they screwed up when they reset my profile. Pretty dang sure I had over 30 posts before the revamp, but whatever. I don't know how many points I had though; I had no idea I was even playing a game.

You only needed one point.