The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sad, sad day

WolfGirlWolfGirl Posts: 37 Member
I won't be playing Sims4 anymore because my game has uninstalled and I don't have internet to put it back. Does anyone want to lend me their Xfinity log in so I can install it back. I'm desperate. Like really desperate.

Comments

• GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    How did your game uninstall? You don't need internet to install if you have the DVDs I think.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I'm seriously wondering aswell, how did your game suddenly uninstall?
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't think you are going to get anyone to give you a login... Just saying.
    egTcBMc.png
  • WolfGirlWolfGirl Posts: 37 Member
    edited July 2015
    [quote="GaiaPuma;13824354"]How did your game uninstall? You don't need internet to install if you have the DVDs I think.[/quote]

I don't have the discs. I just have the sims4 get to work. I don't know how it uninstalled. I was playing it then got off and then when I went back on Origin said I needed to download it again. I'm mad.
    [quote="Hermitgirl;13824367"]I don't think you are going to get anyone to give you a login... Just saying.[/quote]

It couldn't hurt to try. I will be without for a very long time.
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    WolfGirl wrote: »
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    How did your game uninstall? You don't need internet to install if you have the DVDs I think.

I don't have the discs. I just have the sims4 get to work. I don't know how it uninstalled. I was playing it then got off and then when I went back on Origin said I needed to download it again. I'm mad.

Explanation why you can't play it. You only have GTW lol.
    By any chance is your copy a pirated copy?
    Or is it the game time copy?

i think you might be a troll or someone just wanting someone else's wifi lol. How did you get on here if you have no wifi lol? This site is on the Internet and requires wifi lol.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
    edited July 2015
    I don't have internet because I'm at my mother's house and she can't afford it thank you very much. I'm not a troll. I'm on the forum using my cellphone and I used all my mobile hotspot.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I don't have internet because I'm at my mother's house and she can't afford it thank you very much. I'm not a troll. I'm on the forum using my cellphone and I used all my mobile hotspot.

are you on a laptop? if so take it to a hot spot
    No it's a desktop. But I got it back. So no worries. Now I just gotta figure out why there is no hospital or police station or science lab.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    No it's a desktop. But I got it back. So no worries. Now I just gotta figure out why there is no hospital or police station or science lab.

You can only see the lots if your sim is in that career.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Emilyhawk55Emilyhawk55 Posts: 10 New Member
    You do realize that you need the base game to play GTW, right? I'm assuming you do know that since it seems like you were playing GTW before it "suddenly uninstalled". Did you use any cleaning programs or mess with any files?

So your cell phone has wifi? Hook your PC up to it le lol. Nobody is gonna be like 'oh here total stranger, have my wifi, I don't care if you hack me' so you might aswell buy some wifi new then.
    i still think you're a troll tbh
    feKqkxf.jpg

• JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    emmaning wrote: »

So your cell phone has wifi? Hook your PC up to it le lol. Nobody is gonna be like 'oh here total stranger, have my wifi, I don't care if you hack me' so you might aswell buy some wifi new then.

You do realise how much it would cost/how long it would take to download gigabytes of data for the Sims 4? Definitely not recommended!
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    It would be cheaper to go buy a base game disk than try dld it via a mobile network. A game just can't uninstall itself. If it is true. Run windows restore to a point where the game "was" installed, then install GTW via the disk and verify it.

To be honest. This all sounds abit fishy to me. Nobody of sound mind will share there log in with a complete stranger.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2015
    JUst so you guys know - I have the disk version of Sims 4 and no it will not install without being online and hooked to the internet and my Origin account. Origin has to make sure it is an authentic copy - plus it adds stuff to the base game that is apparently not on the disk. Sims 3 you did not need to be online - with the disks - but Sims 4 you have no choice. The minute you click I agree - the code thing pops up and requires you to go to Origin and either use an account you already have or start a new account if you don't have one. Then it lets you add in the code. So having the disks only really matters if you are a collector of the game cases and disks - it does not help you at all even installing the game. it does save you download time but if you have a fast internet and a fast machine - it is hardly noticeable.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

emmaning wrote: »

You do realise how much it would cost/how long it would take to download gigabytes of data for the Sims 4? Definitely not recommended!

Yeh but asking for someone else's wifi while they are on wifi? I think they're a troll tbh.
    feKqkxf.jpg

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I keep my stuff password protected and my wifi is shut off until one of my kids are here visiting then we start it back up so they can use their devices. I don't allow anyone access to my wifi that is not visiting inside my house. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I keep my stuff password protected and my wifi is shut off until one of my kids are here visiting then we start it back up so they can use their devices. I don't allow anyone access to my wifi that is not visiting inside my house. LOL.

My wifi has to be switched on all the time...
    It's like if I wanna watch anime, wifi.
    Wifi maximises everything for meh.
    But your security measures sound great- at least nobody free loads on your wifi.
    Mine has a password but I wouldn't call it a good one.
    feKqkxf.jpg

edited July 2015
    > @emmaning said:
    > WolfGirl wrote: »
    >
    > I don't have internet because I'm at my mother's house and she can't afford it thank you very much. I'm not a troll. I'm on the forum using my cellphone and I used all my mobile hotspot.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > So your cell phone has wifi? Hook your PC up to it le lol. Nobody is gonna be like 'oh here total stranger, have my wifi, I don't care if you hack me' so you might aswell buy some wifi new then.
    > i still think you're a troll tbh

I'm not a troll. I didn't actually think people would be dumb enough to trust a stranger with their login info. So you can let it go. If I was a troll I would still be begging. My cellphone doesn't have WiFi. But we can all let it go because I have my sims back.
    > @DeKay said:
    >
    > No it's a desktop. But I got it back. So no worries. Now I just gotta figure out why there is no hospital or police station or science lab.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You can only see the lots if your sim is in that career.

I am in that career and when I join them the lots are gone.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    > @DeKay said:
    >
    > No it's a desktop. But I got it back. So no worries. Now I just gotta figure out why there is no hospital or police station or science lab.
    >
    >
    >
    >

Is it only active career lots missing? Also have you tested a new game and if you have anything in your mods folder pull the whole folder out to test

And check in game card settings lower them to see if that helps
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    > @DeKay said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hello.
    Are the lots there when you start a new save game file? Perhaps start a new game file and test to see if you have the same issue.
    Also repair GTW. To do that,you need to click the sims 4 picture, then click the little "i" button that is next to the play button, and that will take you to a screen that shows the Eps/game/stuff packs that you own. Right click GTW and click repair.
    > @emmaning said:
    >
    > I don't have internet because I'm at my mother's house and she can't afford it thank you very much. I'm not a troll. I'm on the forum using my cellphone and I used all my mobile hotspot.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > So your cell phone has wifi? Hook your PC up to it le lol. Nobody is gonna be like 'oh here total stranger, have my wifi, I don't care if you hack me' so you might aswell buy some wifi new then.

I'm not a troll. I didn't actually think people would be dumb enough to trust a stranger with their login info. So you can let it go. If I was a troll I would still be begging. My cellphone doesn't have WiFi. But we can all let it go because I have my sims back.

Lol you said you typed it from your phone.
    Defo a troll after saying the exact oposite of wht you said before.
    feKqkxf.jpg

[quote="emmaning;13836650"][quote="WolfGirl;13834141"]> @emmaning said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[/quote]

Lol you said you typed it from your phone.
    Defo a troll after saying the exact oposite of wht you said before.[/quote]

You are quite annoying.
    [quote="rosemow;13834329"][quote="WolfGirl;13834169"]> @DeKay said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[/quote]

Hello.
    Are the lots there when you start a new save game file? Perhaps start a new game file and test to see if you have the same issue.
    Also repair GTW. To do that,you need to click the sims 4 picture, then click the little "i" button that is next to the play button, and that will take you to a screen that shows the Eps/game/stuff packs that you own. Right click GTW and click repair.
    [/quote]

I'm doing that right now and hopefully it works.