Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Youtube group/partner group.

Do any new sims youtubers want to join a group or something where we support each other and maybe do builds/decor/CAS stuff together? I'm not sure how well collabs would work but if we're all dedicated and work together I could see us figuring it out.

Comments

• xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    I'm game ;) Just point me where. Google + has a group function, and it links to youtube accounts so that's kinda cool.
  • thesimsdude45thesimsdude45 Posts: 53 New Member
    I'd be down :) I'm a fairly new youtuber (and new to these forums as well lool) and I think that would be cool!
  • sabmicsabmic Posts: 85 Member
    edited July 2015
    Well i'm not really sure how it'd all work but we could talk/plan through her first and then see what happens
    Well we could just do some collabs and whatnot :) I don't know if you guys have twitter but its a little easier to discuss there?
  • MaggiSimmerMaggiSimmer Posts: 1,314 Member
    Is it too late to join? :D
    I'm MaggiSimmer on YT ^_^
    1ph6o6.gif

Check out The Sims 4 High Fashion Showcase, a custom content based magazine about the Sims!

The Sims 4 Tally to the Top!

Or check out my beauty blog, Infinite Beauty!
  • BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    I'd be interested in more information in what y'all are actually thinking of doing :) I mostly do storytelling and machinimas but I also do builds... I have two YT accounts: Jellysimwich which focuses on TS3/TS4 projects and Shazzypooh that hosts TS2/TS3 projects!
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
    @Binibini I've subbed to both of your channels :D I can't link my channel but I think you can just copy paste this: youtube.com/thesimsdude

@MaggiSimmer I've subbed to you as well :D

Let me know what you all were thinking of doing, we can do different collabs? And feature each other's channels on ours? :))
    There are a few creative things we could do. For example, if someone's good at builds they can build and someone else can furnish the house. Or we can do a house build based on a theme and someone else can make sims to fit into that house/theme.

I'm still learning how to use google+ and it's services, if you know how to work it @Xoxk9 maybe you could make us a group circle thing?
    I can say that my 2 strong points are in furnishing & CAS. Building isn't my expertise but I can landscape pretty well! (:
    1ph6o6.gif

Check out The Sims 4 High Fashion Showcase, a custom content based magazine about the Sims!

@Binibini I've subbed to both of your channels :D I can't link my channel but I think you can just copy paste this: youtube.com/thesimsdude

@MaggiSimmer I've subbed to you as well :D

1ph6o6.gif

Subbed back!
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    sabmic wrote: »
    There are a few creative things we could do. For example, if someone's good at builds they can build and someone else can furnish the house. Or we can do a house build based on a theme and someone else can make sims to fit into that house/theme.

I'm still learning how to use google+ and it's services, if you know how to work it @Xoxk9 maybe you could make us a group circle thing?

As for as CAS and builds (interior and exterior), I'm pretty good at both, it just depends on my free time schedule lol So whatever the group wants to do, I can chip in, and it'd be great if we could all feature each other on our channels.
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    Sounds like pretty good ideas in my opinion :) Personally, I do much better in CAS and decorating then building (unless I really take my time lol)
  • AP_PepperAP_Pepper Posts: 465 Member
    Is it to late to join? :) But this sound like a pretty good idea to me, Google + would be good to communicate on ideas.
    @AP_Pepper Of course not :D If you know how to use Google+ then let us know aha!
    I don't use my Google+ account, although, having a YouTube account sets one up for me. But as a group, we definitely need a place to brainstorm ideas and whatnot :) As of now, my social networking is limited to YouTube (my channel specifically) and my FB page. I do have a Tumblr account as well but that's not a very fluid way for communication...
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
  • AP_PepperAP_Pepper Posts: 465 Member
    @thesimsdude Yea, I think I sort of got a grasp of Google + seen as now YouTube and Google plus are connected (depending when you created your account) I think this would be the best way to brainstorm. I think with Google plus, we can use hangouts. I am not sure if there is a way to talk if your YouTube account is not connected to a Google plus identity though.

All that would be needed is your 'Channel Name' if it is the same as your google plus identity and that's it really. I could create chat with everyone in it? I don't actually know if we need to be in 'circles' or follow each other to be able to be added to the chat.
    Well my channel name is twinsimmer if we go with Google,but we could also do something like a chatzy room?
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited July 2015
    That sounds very fun. It's been a while since I've done videos but I'd be more than happy to help out. And maybe dabble in it again.

It might be a little too late for this, as I kinda drifted to sleep right as this thread was posted xD but I thought, why don't we make a list of for everyone who wants to participate. That way we can sort of all get to know each other. Feel free to add any thing else you feel would be important to know to the list. This way if you find someone who you think you'd work well together you can easily find them and perhaps discusses getting together via private message. :3

1.) YouTube Name -

2.) What is your play style (do you prefer building, LPs of your Sim's life, reviews, etc.) -

3.) Would you rather play with or without CC? -

4.) Would you be opposed to the reverse (about CC) if it was your partner's preference? -

5.) Have you done a collaboration before? -

6.) Roughly when will you be free to collaboration (what weekday/what time of day) -

7.) What timezone are you in? -

8.) Which Sims game would you prefer to play/do a collaboration of? Which do you have access to? -

9.) What would be the best way to get in contact with you (via skype, YouTube, etc. *Don't post your messenger IDs*) -

10.) Anything else you'd like someone to know, should they be paired with you (personality, strengths/weakness as a content maker, etc.) -
    Post edited by ByondTime89 on
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
    Thank you @ByondTime89 and everyone else for helping and giving ideas I honestly though this would be a good idea but wasn't sure how to go about it. So I made a chatzy room, message me for the password to enter and we can all talk easier there it's kinda like an IM service. Espeically since it seems like Google+ and it's services confuses a lot of us.

We should fill out the questionnaire and post our answers here and then talk there? Please fill out the question form before asking me for the chat password.

1.) YouTube Name - TwinSimmer

2.) What is your play style (do you prefer building, LPs of your Sim's life, reviews, etc.) - I will try my best at anything you throw at me and am willing to do it all, though I'm best a furnishing themed rooms, creating sims, and doing LPs. I'm willing to do reviews but I won't buy packs I don't want just to review them since money is a thing and I usually just end up reviewing what I'm using in my LPs anyway.

3.) Would you rather play with or without CC? - No CC, I'm on a Mac and I'm not tech savvy so the chances of my messing stuff up is high.

4.) Would you be opposed to the reverse (about CC) if it was your partner's preference? - As in would I download CC if my partner liked CC? Highly unlikely unless they could talk me through it. I could practice on my other computer but it's Windows so idk if it'd really be the same thing.

5.) Have you done a collaboration before? - Nope.

6.) Roughly when will you be free to collaboration (what weekday/what time of day) - MY schedule is always changing. I have a job that's on-call, school, and I do both recreational and competitive sport so I get on when I can. Usually what happens is that I have hours of free time for weeks and then I suddenly have a busy week.

7.) Which Sims game would you prefer to play/do a collaboration of? - I have TS3 on my comp with a lot of EPs and well as TS4. I do have some CC/store content for TS3. I have TS2 Ultimate pack on my PC but I prefer not to use that computer and I'm not that familiar with TS2 anyway.

8.) Do you use/like custom content in your game play? - Question repeated please reference question 3/4. I dislike how, at least in TS3, if CC was mis-categorized by babies and children would look like glitched out spider people because adult clothing, for example, was available for the game/randomizer to put on every life stage.

9.) What would be the best way to collaboration with you (via skype, YouTube, etc. *Don't post your messenger IDs*) - We could always plan/talk over Skype but my Sims content is only posted to YouTube.

10.) Anything else you'd like someone to know, should they be paired with you (personality, strengths/weakness as a content maker, etc.) - I can't think of anything.
    Alright I've answered the questions :) I also like the idea of a chatzy as suggested by @sabmic

1.) YouTube Name - TheSimsDude

2.) What is your play style (do you prefer building, LPs of your Sim's life, reviews, etc.) - So far, the main videos that I've created are Let's Plays, Builds, and Cas..

3.) Would you rather play with or without CC? - I prefer without but sometimes for the sake of a video I might download some.

4.) Would you be opposed to the reverse (about CC) if it was your partner's preference? - If I am okay with the CC lol.

5.) Have you done a collaboration before? - Yup :)

6.) Roughly when will you be free to collaboration (what weekday/what time of day) - It changes all the time but for now I'm on summer break and have quite a lot of free time.

7.) Which Sims game would you prefer to play/do a collaboration of? - As of now Sims 4.

8.) Do you use/like custom content in your game play? - In my off-camera households no, but for some videos yes.

9.) What would be the best way to collaboration with you (via skype, YouTube, etc. *Don't post your messenger IDs*) - Skype perhaps for communication purposes but I like the idea of a Chatzy as suggested by @sabmic

10.) Anything else you'd like someone to know, should they be paired with you (personality, strengths/weakness as a content maker, etc.) - Nothing in particular!
    @sabmic Since I'm not a member I can't PM you but idk if you can PM me the password? :)
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited July 2015
    I haven't done videos in a while but, what the heck :3@sabmic I think a chat room is a great idea :3

1.) YouTube Name - BYondTime89

2.) What is your play style (do you prefer building, LPs of your Sim's life, reviews, etc.) - I haven't made any Sims related videos but I have done a few tutorial/walkthrough videos of my MMO, but I'd certainly do any type.

3.) Would you rather play with or without CC? - I usually play without

4.) Would you be opposed to the reverse (about CC) if it was your partner's preference? - No, I wouldn't be opposed at all, it would be an interesting change of pace for me.

5.) Have you done a collaboration before? - I did a few videos with my brothers but nothing that I had to schedule in advance

6.) Roughly when will you be free to collaboration (what weekday/what time of day) - It varies from day to day but usually mid-day is fine for me.

7.) What timezone are you in? - I'm Eastern

8.) Which Sims game would you prefer to play/do a collaboration of? Which game do you have access to? - I'm in love with Sims 4 at the moment, but I only have access to 4 and 3, I lost Sims 2 ages ago :(

9.) What would be the best way to get in contact with you (via skype, YouTube, etc. *Don't post your messenger IDs*) - Probably skype, we could voice chat that way and get to know each other. Or you can always message me here on the Forums

10.) Anything else you'd like someone to know, should they be paired with you (personality, strengths/weakness as a content maker, etc.) - I'm a really shy person, and soft spoken, so a person with a bit stronger personality to break me out of my shell is always welcomed and helpful. But once I get going I'm pretty outgoing and lively :3
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
    1.) YouTube Name -
    Jellysimwich

2.) What is your play style (do you prefer building, LPs of your Sim's life, reviews, etc.) -
    I primarily do storytelling, whether that's executed in stills or machinima, I just adore story-driven projects! Secondary, Builds and CAS mode. I am just now starting an LP and it's slow going...

I would rather play without it but I'm such a sucker for realism (see my projects lol) that I must have CC.

4.) Would you be opposed to the reverse (about CC) if it was your partner's preference? -
    I can work without CC.

Yes.

6.) Roughly when will you be free to collaboration (what weekday/what time of day) -
    My 'sim time' is on and off throughout the day. But earliest is about 10am Mountain Time, USA.

Mountain Time

8.) Which Sims game would you prefer to play/do a collaboration of? Which do you have access to? -
    I have both TS3 and TS4 accessible on my PC but slowly I'm completely transitioning to TS4. I prefer to focus on the new, which is, TS4.

9.) What would be the best way to get in contact with you (via skype, YouTube, etc. *Don't post your messenger IDs*) -
    I want to stay anonymous, so that leaves options like YouTube, or a designated chatroom.

10.) Anything else you'd like someone to know, should they be paired with you (personality, strengths/weakness as a content maker, etc.) -
    My strengths are definitely storytelling (photography stills or in-game footage machinima) and CAS mode. I have a knack for making realistic looking sims.
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    1.) YouTube Name -
    Grown&Unsexy

I'm all over the place, just kind of doing whatever feels right. Not into building though. I'll leave that to the architects.

I do have a review series called "Get or Skip". I like doing "highlight videos" where I just show clips of interesting things sims do (sim deaths and potions). I'm interested in collabs like bachelo contests or something unique, never really done before.

I'd rather play without but I'm not against CC. . . I just don't wanna bog my game down so a couple pieces here and there no biggie.

Yups.

Nerp

Sundays mostly and some afternoons.

Atlantic

Either.

Where ever. I don't have Skype but I could get it. . . I like google+ because it links to accounts and it's kind of all central.

Nerp. Let's have some fun guys!