Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wish the original sims was made compatible for Windows 8 [I guess 10 now though].

JnyxJnyx Posts: 273 Member
It was the Sims game I started with [I'm sure that is the same for a lot of you too.]

I think out of all the sims games it was the most fun simply because of the style and humor in it.

Do you guys think it's possible that we'll ever see it made available to us? [They did it with Sims 2] I'd really like to play it again.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I don't think they'll do a Digital download of The Sims complete collection only because it was never sold on Origin. Some of The Sims 2 was sold in combo packs through Origin. :(

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It works on my Windows 8.1 laptop. The only bug is when in windowed mode, the screen appears entirely black, but that can be fixed by just pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete.

As for making it available again, well, I had to buy it off eBay a few years ago when I no longer had my copy and stores no longer carried the Complete Collection. I still think it's ridiculous that Origin doesn't have it, because there are lots of willing customers for a product that already exists.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2015
    I can play Sims 1 on Windows 8.1 (desktop). No problems.

That said, I wouldn't mind a complete digital download package.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    It also plays on Windows 7.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I play it on Windows 8,1. I had to alter a few things to get it to work, but i'm not having any problems ever since. :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina