Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS3 Grunge Or The Appocolypse = Gifts!

I have two problems. Well not real problems. I've fallen in love with a marvelous, detailed world created by Rflong7. It's Industrial Island.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/838670/industrial-island-o-o/p1

It's a small, empty, uninhabited world that's suitable for a once busy industrial town that has fallen on hard times....or...maybe that apocalypse. I'd really like to do both and it's just taking too long to get the world filled. I'd like to play soon.

Oh I said I had two problems ..... the other is Sim points still in my account that I need to use so I'll use them to randomly gift things off your wishlist.

Here is what I'd like.

Commercial or residential lots suited to the island.

I do own all EPs, SPs and most of the store. That includes all the worlds. Right now I have my favorites installed WA, LN, Ambitions, Supernatural and Movie Stuff. While it's not a hard and fast rule I'd rather not add more EPs.

If you use CC I would prefer that third part CC be limited to the grungy creations by Cyclone Sue.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Cyclonesue/

My reason for this is that I've used her creations for years without any adverse effects to the game or any mods I add.

If you have a fabulous Sim that would fit the world post them too.

Tell us their back story and why they'd fit the theme.

Do you know about a mod that would enhance an apocalypse?

Great zombie mods or something that would enhance the theme of the world.

When you post your creation please also post your clean wish list.

The challenge will close when all the Sim points are gone.

Ready....Set....get grungy!
"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright

Comments

• lay1010lay1010 Posts: 219 Member
    edited July 2015
    Ok so just so I am clear what you would like is Sims and Lots that look like they have gone through an appocolypse and you are willing to gift other simmers for them? If that is what it is it sounds great and I would love to try and help. I am not sure my help will be very good but I will try! :p I just want to be sure I understand before I run to try an create.
    My wishlist Here
    My Thank you Thread is Here
    My Sims 3 page is Here
    My top 5 is Here
    It is so much fun to be here
  • VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    This sounds like a great challenge. Maybe you should mention it in the GIFT OF CREATION GAME and the LIST OF LOTTOS, CHALLENGES, AND MORE
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    Click here to request a signature banner.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    lay1010 wrote: »
    Ok so just so I am clear what you would like is Sims and Lots that look like they have gone through an appocolypse and you are willing to gift other simmers for them? If that is what it is it sounds great and I would love to try and help. I am not sure my help will be very good but I will try! :p I just want to be sure I understand before I run to try an create.

That's pretty much it. I'm filling up Rflong7's Industrial Island. I'll probably do both a run down version and an apocalyptic version. Unique Sims and building or even links to mods to make better zombies or to enhance the town.

It might be a good idea to get the island because of the lot sizes and to get a better idea of what the world is like.

And yes....for that I'll gift you something off of your wish list.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    VGryphon wrote: »
    This sounds like a great challenge. Maybe you should mention it in the GIFT OF CREATION GAME and the LIST OF LOTTOS, CHALLENGES, AND MORE

Thanks for letting me know.

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I have four days off work starting Weds B) I look forward to downloading the world, I absolutely love her worlds and they are flawless!

I am excited about this and will be watching your thread ;)

Oh, my WL is about as clean as it gets :p

*hugs*

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited July 2015
    Not for you to gift, but I uploaded my early start to an Apoc Legacy here:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8660609

It's loosely (very loosely) the stairwell of an old two-story apartment building with the super's apartment in the basement and a broiler room below that.

It comes complete with my founder Tanya Pagan who married Michael Bachelor. Tanya lifted the criminal restrictions as Emperor of Evil and Michael is working his way up the business career, though he really, really, really wants to be a politician. They have three boys and girl (and she just might be pregnant with her fifth, which was another boy in my game).

You may or may not find that the dwelling or family might fit your world. It would, at least, offer more young ones as a possibility for future generations.

If interested, I could upload the current family and or lot with the two oldest children now full adults and the other four are young adults. The parents (both past their prime at 108 and 93) are both stock brokers (at the top of business). One of the young adults has a police cruiser and has topped the DNA forensics branch of law enforcement. They have three moodlet managers in their possession and all but one have maxed athletics (the one with the cruiser - he obviously prefers to drive, rather than run). :)

Their story is in my siggie, if you are curious.

ciane wrote: »
    Not for you to gift, but I uploaded my early start to an Apoc Legacy here:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8660609

It's loosely (very loosely) the stairwell of an old two-story apartment building with the super's apartment in the basement and a broiler room below that.

It comes complete with my founder Tanya Pagan who married Michael Bachelor. Tanya lifted the criminal restrictions as Emperor of Evil and Michael is working his way up the business career, though he really, really, really wants to be a politician. They have three boys and girl (and she just might be pregnant with her fifth, which was another boy in my game).

You may or may not find that the dwelling or family might fit your world. It would, at least, offer more young ones as a possibility for future generations.

If interested, I could upload the current family and or lot with the two oldest children now full adults and the other four are young adults. The parents (both past their prime at 108 and 93) are both stock brokers (at the top of business). One of the young adults has a police cruiser and has topped the DNA forensics branch of law enforcement. They have three moodlet managers in their possession and all but one have maxed athletics (the one with the cruiser - he obviously prefers to drive, rather than run). :)

Their story is in my siggie, if you are curious.

I looked at the stairwell in your story (the part after leaving the university) and it's a really interesting concept. I don't think I've ever seen a build like that before. That takes real imagination.

edited July 2015
    Imagination I have! :D

*psst...whispers* you're supposed to have a wishlist.

And an idea for you......did you know Cyclone Sue has these great broken walls for a collapsed building?

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Cyclonesue/downloads/details/category/sims3-sets-objects-construction/title/broken-walls-window-set/id/1222561/

• anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    wow cool idea... do hope you join the gift of creations...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    anettesb wrote: »

I looked at that thread and there was something about a deadline of July 3rd or something and I wasn't sure if my thread would work there. I'm not looking for gifts....I'd like to gift others.

anettesb wrote: »

I looked at that thread and there was something about a deadline of July 3rd or something and I wasn't sure if my thread would work there. I'm not looking for gifts....I'd like to gift others.

it will work... it seems like my HS thread...
    + there is 1 deadline each month.... you just join in on all the next rounds by joining now....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    Hee hee, I told you no gifting! Yes, I have seen lots of CycloneSue's work at TSR, but I play with extremely limited cc as I share my builds on the exchange. Mostly, I lot windows and doors and droll over them; but in an effort to keep my playing and building more manageable, I just add the mods that let me slide deco things up and down on the wall (like curtains!) and remove stencils. Those things stay in an upload, but don't attach to them. So nothing new ends up unexpectedly in someone else's game.

This was my first attempt at an Apocalyse Challenge, and I did add add more walls and fences (two per day) until Michael made it to the top of business and I could finish adding all the fencing at once. It's actually very playable for me as I can see what they are doing easily without walls. Of course, I'm playing without seasons, but so are you! Of course, I do have uni loaded and all the SPs, so that might cause problems for you. But the only other EP I have in this game is Ambitions, which you are playing with too.

It is however, a very different look, and I do understand that it might not fit the look you are after (though you might enjoy changing that).

Have you ever used Any Game Starter? It's what I use (by Velocity at mts) to limit what EPs/SPs show up my game. They are technically all available, but everything in an unchecked EP/SP stays hidden and doesn't load for you. I really love it. I can keep all my EPs installed, but I can turn off the ones I don't want to play in a game.

I rename the sims 3 folder in my documents a lot! I keep Any Game Starter on my desktop and just click on the icons to uncheck the EP/SPs I don't want and then save. After I'm done playing that game, I rename my sims 3 folder to add ULAmb so I know which EPs to load for that game later. Then I rename my old sims 3 folder back to the sims 3 and click "restore" and "save" to have all the options available again.
    @ciane I've heard about game starter but the thing is I only keep EPs and SPs that I like installed. I bought everything to try it and there are a lot of EPs I just have no use for. I might like one interaction or item in an entire EP and I just can't see installing them all for that.
    edited July 2015
    I might not like all the things with an EP, but I usually like something about it. This way I've got it if I want it easily enough and it's not distracting, if I don't want it. But, I like how disciplined you are to simply cut your losses and move on... it's a great way to be.
    I might not like all the things with an EP, but I usually like something about it. This way I've got it if I want it easily enough and it's not distracting, if I don't want it. But, I like how disciplined you are to simply cut your losses and move on... it's a great way to be.

:D I never saw it as being disciplined. It's just why bother? Let's start with Generations. I liked one thing. The sleeping bag. I used it for my homeless Sims. Pets....they just drove me crazy. I'm a real life pet lover but Sim pets....they just make me nuts. I couldn't find any reason to keep that one installed. I hated showtime. The only thing that sort of interested me was the town but there is so much beach stuff in TS3 I didn't miss it. Seasons.....I can take it or leave it. Most of the time I keep it set to spring or summer so what would be the point for me? However it is one that I think about installing from time to time. University had little replay for me....I'm a real "been there, done that" person. That's another reason I didn't like Showtime. In IP I liked the houseboats but hated the time it took to go from place to place. ITF....I bought that one for one thing. The dystopian future and it was a big disappointment. So I just decided to uninstall the ones that I didn't like. It's just that simple. I know some people like to keep them all installed but for me it's just why bother.

edited July 2015
    I get you. I just turn off the pets and seasons options. When I play, I may turn on snow for one day before they have the gift giving holiday. Then, I turn it back off. So they get seasons, but they don't get the rain and weather with it. That means they do get the holiday off every season and they do get to go to the festival grounds and skate or whatever and take pictures in the photo booth.

Though I don't play with pets much either, I still like some of things that came it with.

I like the tube elevator from ITF, but I rarely go to the future. I never thought I would. But, like you, some of the furnishings appealed to me.

Show time careers and sim porting appealed not at all to me, but again, I found some of the stuff that came with EP - maybe windows - very appealing. So, basically, I use the "stuff."

I'm probably the only person who most was excited about the instruments with Late Night. Who cares about apartments in a big city with Vampires and clubbing? A lot of people! But me... I just wanted the piano and drums!

So, I play with aspects from most of the EPs now and then. But I am forever returning to the base game only play. For me, the best EP is Ambitions and that is the one I miss when I play base game only.

So, I play with aspects from most of the EPs now and then. But I am forever returning to the base game only play. For me, the best EP is Ambitions and that is the one I miss when I play base game only.

Ambitions is one of my favorites. Love having evil, insane inventors who go around town and blow things up. Gotta have my time machine too.

I'm probably the only person who most was excited about the instruments with Late Night. Who cares about apartments in a big city with Vampires and clubbing? A lot of people! But me... I just wanted the piano and drums!

LN was about the music instruments for me... still is

if I had to un install 1 EP it would be IFT.... and maybe showtime

but for all EP's there are items and litlte interactions and traits that I like. so I keep them.

season I use very much, pets it depends on the family I play.
  • lay1010lay1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Ok so lets see how I did. This is my first time creating anything for someone else, or even creating a building like this. so I am not offended if there is something wrong and you let me know. so yeah this is what I have come up with. Please let me know what you think!
    The Bunker
    So basically what I created is a bunker that one would go in during an apocalypse to wait it out. It is very simple in it and how I would imagine something like that very bleak. It is sort of like an underground loft, with the only other room being the bathroom. It has everything you need to keep your self entertained well also staying within the budget of most Sims.

I hope you enjoy it. I had a lot of fun creating it! If it sucks let me know also so I can learn. oh also there is something in it from pets but I cant figure out what so if anyone finds it let me know and I will go in and edit it. Last question is there a way to delete past creations from the exchange? I uploaded another version I had saved by accident and I would like to remove it.
    My wishlist Here
    My Thank you Thread is Here
    My Sims 3 page is Here
    My top 5 is Here
    It is so much fun to be here
    @lay1010
    I would love to see some pictures of the inside....
    It looks like a great bunker layout to me. I left a rec. ;)
    Yes lets see some pictures. Pretend this is Apocalypse Home and Dead Garden Magazine. :D
    edited July 2015
    I took a few quick pics of The Bunker lay1010 did.

Outside the building.

Screenshot_20_edited.jpg

Inside the building an elevator takes you to safety.

Screenshot_14_edited.jpg

Looks like everything you need to survive.

Screenshot_17_edited.jpg
    Post edited by PHOEBESMOM601 on
    I've never done a lot of screen shots for sharing so maybe someone can tell me how to get the lot price and UI ...and the build lines out of the shots? What cheat or setting do I use?