Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changing categories on CAS item?

bionicdessertsbionicdesserts Posts: 320 Member
There are a pair of cc shoes that show up in the sleepwear category and it's always irritated me. However, I noticed in Sims 4 Studio when I was doing something else that they have a tab where you can check/uncheck the different categories so I figured that this was the way to finally get those shoes out of the sleep category. But when I uncheck "sleep", click save, and put the new package spit out by S4S in the game the shoes aren't showing up. It just looks like the sim has invisible feet. What am I doing wrong? I feel like what I'm trying to do is incredibly simple but it's not happening.
Post edited by bionicdesserts on

Comments

• Options
    _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    Hi bionicdesserts, what item is it you're trying to change the category tags on and which version of Sims 4 Studio are you using to do it with?
  • Options
    Hi! The items are these boots and I am using Version 2.5.0.8 (Joy).
  • Options
    pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    Try editing the existing package instead of making a new one, perhaps? You can edit CAS Part flags in s4pe too.
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • Options
    Hi bionicdesserts, I changed the category tag on those boots using Studio v 2.5.0.8 (Joy) with no problem. What I did was click on the My Projects button and navigate to the boots.package:

H2nwhON.jpg

Then, after selecting the Categories tab, I removed the check from the Sleep category, clicked the Apply To All Swatches button, and then clicked the Save button:

1FzqiMl.jpg

I repeated this for the other pair of boots and in CAS they showed up fine:

902p5uK.jpg

They also showed up in the game. If you do it this way you shouldn't have a new .package at the end of the process. You will just be making changes to the existing .package. If, on the other hand, you cloned the boots as a custom content recolor and put the new .package into your mods folder without the original .package also in your mods folder then the boots won't show up either in CAS or in the game.
  • Options
    _orangemittens_, THANK YOU! I knew it should be a simple process but no matter how hard I googled I couldn't figure it out. It felt like I was taking crazy pills. Thanks so much for the help.
  • Options
    You're welcome...glad to help :) If you ever run into questions using Sims 4 Studio you're always welcome to post in the Creator Help section at Studio forums too. Everyone there is friendly and helpful.
  • Options
    ZoionaZoiona Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, does anyone know how I do this with CC items but changing what category they are in (e.g from accessories to makeup) because I downloaded some really cute CC eyelashes but they appear in the accessories category in CAS which is really annoying because it means I cannot put glasses over them. Thanks! :smile:
  • Options
    SolXXXSolXXX Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm having the same issue. When I try to move the CC to an entirely different category, they don't show up in game at all.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    If you are looking to change an item from accessories to makeup as mentioned above you, this can also include changing the way the item is meshed and is not so simple. Here is the link to creator help at Sims 4 Studio if you would like to learn more. I have requested that this thread be closed as it is from 2 years ago.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Going to close this one off folks. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top