Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having problems ever since they consolidated my games

Ever since they consolidated my games I am missing games and all my installed content is gone. The launcher says I still have my game but origin says I don't. Everything that I bought off of the store is no longer downloaded. All my saved games that I played are gone. So all my families are gone. Is anyone else have problems? How do I get my game? Do I actually have to download all my store content again?

Comments

• Options
    mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I'm sorry to hear about your troubles and I wish that I could help but I'm not tech expert, unfortunately.

I'm not having the same problem, but I am also having problems ever since the latest Origin update consolidated all the games. I was playing just fine until earlier today and now my Sims 3 game won't launch from Origin and my desktop icons are no longer able to launch the game either. I couldn't figure out any other workaround so I basically made copies of my folders related to content I wanted to save, and now I'm having to reinstall every single Sims 3 game from the base. I may have lost my saved games. I really hate Origin right now.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I know that patches in the past have ripped store items out of my launcher that I had to reinstall. I have an old version of the game that does not require origin but its possible that origin updates could be ripping things out of your launcher and messing with your saves. My only advice is have origin set to not automatically update. Pull your sims 3 folder from documents to desktop, update origin and then add back the sims 3 folder to documents this way origin can't do anything to your game
  • Options
    ashley247ashley247 Posts: 74 Member
    edited July 2015
    I just noticed today when I tried playing that half of my store content was missing in the game even though I installed it successfully. I tried resetting my sims 3 documents folder to regenerate all the files and reinstalling all my store content but it still didn't fix it. I am in the process of reinstalling the game right now. I haven't had any issues like this until after they consolidated the games in Origin.

Update-After reinstalling my game from Origin, I downloaded all my store content again instead of using my backup files. So far my problem is fixed and all my store content is appearing in the game now. I hope I won't have to download my store content with each update.
    Post edited by ashley247 on
  • Options
    gr4cieloufreebushgr4cieloufreebush Posts: 14 New Member
    I noticed that the games that I am missing are the ones that I have an actual disc for, most of my games are from origin website. I tried the repair game on one and something went wrong and it wont cancel or let me uninstall. I tried it on another one and it repaired but now it wont download cause the repair on the other game is running.
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Have you checked for your games under the Base Game?

Evidently when they consolidated them, they are no longer listed individually but only under the base game. If you have not registered your discs, they may need to be registered. If they are registered but are not showing up under the Base Game (TS3) then you should contact Customer Service for help with that.
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    mooredt21 wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear about your troubles and I wish that I could help but I'm not tech expert, unfortunately.

I'm not having the same problem, but I am also having problems ever since the latest Origin update consolidated all the games. I was playing just fine until earlier today and now my Sims 3 game won't launch from Origin and my desktop icons are no longer able to launch the game either. I couldn't figure out any other workaround so I basically made copies of my folders related to content I wanted to save, and now I'm having to reinstall every single Sims 3 game from the base. I may have lost my saved games. I really hate Origin right now.

Before you do any reinstalling, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and save anything in the folder that you want to keep to a drive (your hard drive such as on your desktop, a thumb drive, an external drive, the Cloud, etc.) You can also save the entire folder if you don't want to have to sort through what is in it. Once you have reinstalled and tested to make sure that all your games are installed and working, you can then replace the files that you have removed and saved.

Whenever you are going to do anything with your computer which involves adding a new EP, reinstalling or the like, it's really important to save your folder outside of the TS3 spot so that you don't lose anything in the change over. It's also a good idea to do this whenever you make computer changes (such as changing out your motherboard, updating your OS such as if you get Windows 10, reinstalling an OS, etc.) If you are doing things to your OS, you want to do it to something external to the computer's hard drive.

To know what files/folders are important (if you want to sort through it or your TS3 folder is too big to do in one batch so you need to do it in smaller portions), this is very helpful (and you don't have to sign up to get the information, only to comment or ask questions): http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Sims+3+Folder+Contents+FAQ?responseToken=34a5ba5663edd8a6e2b4b1f4f425da13

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    be very interested if reinstalling origin helps anyone. I would pull to the desktop your my documents/electronic arts/sims 3 folder and then reinstall origin and run a test game.