Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generational Challenge

SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
(This challenge is geared towards Sims 3, though if I make a mistake or forget to add something, please feel free to correct me. Also, please feel free to ask questions and to give advice, as well as provide other ideas for generations. Before you ask your question, though, check the comments to see if there has been a similar question asked, and if not then proceed to ask. :) I'm creating this challenge the way I am to provide infinite ideas and to make it so that the sims 3 never gets boring. I will also be playing this challenge because I think it is a great idea. Thank you and enjoy!)

For this challenge, you will be creating a sim that is either a teenager, young adult, or adult. Keep in mind if you choose teenager, they will most likely need somebody to live with them, but this extra person is not counted as anything but a house member. They may provide money for you, but they cannot provide the next generation. With this person, you will start a family that will carry on for a few generations. Each of these generations will have a special characteristic about them -- the criteria for which will be listed below the rules and notes. Before each generation idea will be what type of sim is recommended if one is more appropriate than the other, for example F = Female, T = teen, and so on. Any expansion packs required will be listed in the headings in italics. Some ideas are more challenging than others, and some require larger households. :3check back periodically for updates!

RULES:
~You may only use certain cheats - testingcheatsenabled to redesign a sim or change a sim's traits, reset a sim, fix the family funds in case of a glitch, restrictbuildbuyinbuildings for apartments, add to active family (check the idea to see if that is allowed or not), and buydebug. Any other cheats you must ask me about first. NO MAILBOX CHEATS!
~NO USING CERTAIN MODS! No pregnancy mods or anything like that. You may, however, use a mod that makes the game run a bit smoother or more fun or similar mods such as NRAAS story progression or XCAS tattoo mod or nudity mods (though only because it provides no significant advantage) or a mod that allows you to have more sims in a household. I may add more allowed mods later as I hear of them. I will allow Master Controller, but you may only use it to add more than 8 sims to a household. or to show demographics, or to change the name of the household...
~You may use custom content so long as it does not provide a severe advantage over simmers without it. Cheaper or more expensive objects are fine.
~You must start out with NO MORE THAN 2000 simoleons on an empty lot. You can start out with any amount less than 2,000, and you can gain money in any way desireable - fishing, writing, jobs, guitar, painting, gardening. If you choose to start on an empty lot, use the family funds cheat so that you only have 2,000 simoleons to start building your home. No more than that. If you choose to start out in a home, whatever is leftover is for you to use, but it can't be more than 1,500 simoleons.
~You may start out in any home of your choosing so long as the sim could afford it without cheats - an empty lot would work just as well as a house or an apartment. You can even kick other sims out of their homes in edit town mode, then when starting the game move your sim in there.
~Every sim is fair game. Rich, poor, townie, pre-made, custom made, it doesn't matter. They're fair game. You could redesign premade sims (leave the names) and/or change their traits. That's perfectly fine.
~You may only have one active family per game. If you want to play another family, it is suggested you do so in another save.
~You may combine at most two generation ideas - for example, have 5 or more children with a different parent and have one child for every type of supernatural creature.

Optional Rules:
~You may create a story for this in another thread or in a blog, just link it here and post updates in here as well.
~Evidence of your completion of a generation idea is completely up to you -- through either video or photos. We would love to see your sims in action on here!
~You could have all your children contribute to the next generation, but I personally prefer to have one sim being the heir of the next generation.
~You may play through a Matriarchy (all female heirs) or Patriarchy (all male heirs) to make it slightly more challenging.
~Create a family tree to keep track of all the sims - I find that Family Echo is a good place, but let me know if you have any others. :3
~For more of a challenge, randomize your sims traits. Some of the ideas might require you to pick a few traits, but most can have randomized traits.

Notes:
~If it is allowed by the creators, you may use these sims in competitions, other challenges, or anything else you wish to use them in. You could also use a sim you created for another challenge/competition.
~You do not have to use all the ideas for generations given below.
~You could play the generations/ideas in any order.
~Not every generation has to have something unique about them. You could totally do a normal generation should you desire.
~You are allowed to move a sim out when it gets old enough to make room for more sims in a household, or you could kill them off. Either way
~You are allowed to move to different towns and you are allowed to move into a different house/lot. You could even go into towns/worlds that were not created by EA, such as Las Palomos (random world name I saw when browsing the forums). You have that freedom.
~One of the best ways I've found to prevent incest of any sorts is the sims who aren't heirs could have the dislikes children trait and/or the commitment issues trait.
~Feel free to provide more ideas for generations. :) I'll add it to here if I see it. I couldn't come up with ideas for Ambitions or Into The Future. If you have any ideas for those, feel free to share them! ^-^
~If you have an EP, you can use it without playing a generation ideas listed below. For example, if you have pets, you could totally just have pets in your game.
~Ideas are in order of EP release for convenience. :)

Ideas for Base Game generations:
~(F) Have Death himself move in with you (Grim Reaper Download 1 Grim Reaper Download 2), hook up with him, and have children with him. I provided a link to TSR where people have uploaded their grim reapers for your convenience if you do not wish to try to go after a naturally spawned one, or you could search Mod The Sims if you prefer for a reaper. If you wish to go after him, you may use cheats to add a random sim to your household that you will kill off to bring the Grim Reaper in. This is possible, but it is VERY challenging and has the potential risk of corrupting your game, or so I've been told. There are walkthroughs out there to aide you in your endeavor of moving a natural reaper in. I've done it once a while ago without problems, though.
~Have five or more children, each with a different father (or mother, if you choose to play with a male sim, but when the child is born it needs to be moved into your house). Each child needs to be different in personality.
~(F) Find a ghost (one you created or a pre-made ghost) and get him to move in with you, then woohoo with him to create a generation of ghost babies.
~(T/YA) Have a generation master every job there is in Base Game, one job per child. Alternative option: Use skills instead of careers.

Ideas for World Adventures generations
~(F) Have at least one child with the cutest sim you can find in Egypt, France, China, and every other world/town you have installed (EX: Bridgeport).
~Have at least three children - one to master the photography skill, one to master the gardening and nectar collecting skills, and one to master martial arts. (OPTIONAL) Use the photographer to take pictures of every sim in your household and hang them up on the walls.

Ideas for Late Night generations
~Have several vampire children at different celebrity levels with completely different personalities, some of which being more trouble making than others. For example, a master mixologist who loves messing with people by giving them certain drinks, or a vampire who just LOVES to drink blood from people and turn people, or a vampire child who just so happens to find joy in breaking up other people's relationships/marriages.
~Turn the town using only one child, but keep one person human to be your partner in crime. Use this person to create children and turn the town together. :3

Ideas for Generations generations
~Create a sim who will go into the daycare profession and decides to "adopt" many of the children they watch (Do this by using the "add to active family" cheat). As they climb the ladder for daycare, they will "adopt" many more children. (OPTIONAL) The children you "adopt" can be your only children.

Ideas for Pets generations
~Have one pet for each sim in the generation that that sim can bond with. Does not matter what type of pet - they can all be foxes if you want.
~Create crazy animal sims. For example, crazy cat lady, or crazy dog boy, or crazy horse lover. These sims are obsessed with a certain species of animal and will stop at nothing to make this animal happy. Better yet, make a whole generation of crazy pet people.

Ideas for Showtime generations
~Create a generation of Genie babies that master each of the different careers (acrobatics, singing, magician).

Ideas for Supernatural generations
~For one generation, you need to have one child for every type of supernatural creature available - a fairy, witch, werewolf, vampire, wizard, etc. One of each. You cannot combine two creatures in one sim - a hybrid sim can only count for one creature.
~Create a band of supernaturals that like to mess with people's lives.

Ideas for Seasons generations
~Have an entire generation die off due to the elements. One burn, one freeze to death, one get struck my lightning... This is probably best used as the last generation, unless you plan on having more children afterwords.
~Have a generation that is half human, half alien. (OPTIONAL) Move the aliens in with your sims. :)

Ideas for University Life generations
~Have an entire generation go to university and each sim find their significant other at university.

Ideas for Island Paradise generations
~Create a generation of mermaids and have them find all the uncharted islands. OPTIONAL: Make it a competition to see who finds the most uncharted islands.
~Open your mind before your mouth~
Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
Post edited by SilentWolf101 on

Comments

• MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    I like the Generations idea :). If I can, I want to borrow this idea as a side game, and see how many toddlers/children the sim can adopt before the parents start to wonder about their missing children!
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @MayaRose1138 Awesome! ^-^
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited July 2015
    This idea would work very well combined with my town legacy challenge where you have to start in an empty world and populate it manually and play an entire town.The adding the Grim Reaper to the household can corrupt your game though you might be able to get a sim dressed in the reaper's outfit as CC and pretend.I would go more for mastering skills before aging up for teens and young adults and start the world travel later in more modern times.I play my game heavily loaded with tons of Mods because my town legacy challenge requires the use of Mods to deal with the buggy and glitchy EA "story progression" aka the EA bug-fest which ruins games.
    Post edited by TadOlson on
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    edited July 2015
    @TadOlson I never knew that - I've had the grim reaper moved into my household without troubles before, and I have only had Sims 3 since a little after 4 came out... Maybe I just got lucky... Idk. Thank you for the advice, though - I might have to edit that again. Though the CC doesn't exactly count, if you're really worried about it ruining your game, you can do that instead.

Edited!
    edited July 2015
    Alright guys, so I have edited the rules to include two download links to download your own grim reaper and move into your household.

1) He comes with the cloak and everything. :) But he doesn't have the black skin when he changes and looks kind of weird...
    2) He also comes with the cloak, and he has black skin. Maybe this is just a glitch on my computer, but when he switches back to his everyday form, he has the cloak again. :)
    Post edited by SilentWolf101 on
    edited July 2015
    So, some people have started ideas from this challenge, and they have made threads including it. Here they are now:
    @MayaRose1138 -- The (Hopefully) 100 Sim Adoption Challenge!!

PM me or note on here that you're doing the challenge and making a story with it, and I'll add you to the list! :)
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Have you considered adapting this for the Sims 4? I am working on a creating a generation challenge myself.
    OJenn wrote: »
    Have you considered adapting this for the Sims 4? I am working on a creating a generation challenge myself.
    I actually have, but I don't know how to make it specific since I don't have the sims 4. Though, with some research and some help from other simmers, I could try to do it as accurately as possible. :)

If you want, you could do the sims 4 version -- just give a link to me if you use any of the ideas for inspiration. :)