Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Using Game Discs and Origin

Hello,

I already have The Sims 3 base game and a few expansion packs via discs purchased in-store. I want to purchase The Sims 3 Seasons using Origin. If I do this, will it add on to the game (all my progress and other expansion packs will still be there), or will it be separate?

Thanks for your help! :)

Comments

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    it will add on, part of my collection is physical copy and the other part is digital no worries :smile:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hello and welcome to the forums... :)

Ii will just add on to your game. Whenever I have to reinstall my game, I start out using the disks until I get to the last EP and then I will use Origin to do that digital download. I do know that there are some people who had started out buying to disks until they decided to start doing DD and haven't had any problem playing the game after installing a game from Origin like that. Hope this helps... :)
  • Options
    SimsActorSimsActor Posts: 6 New Member
    Thank you for your help! :)
  • Options
    SimsActorSimsActor Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi sorry to post again...

I have downloaded Origin but not all of my games are loading. They are registered on my sims3.com account, so when I try to re-register them onto Origin, it will not let me as the code has already been used. What should I do? Does it even matter that all of the expansion packs aren't showing up?
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    if the origin account is not connected to the sims 3 account then the games wont show up, have you tried logging into origin with the same info you use to log into the ts3 site? For a while I was on an hiatus and forgot my log in info for ts3 so I made a new origin account, when I remembered them I logged into origin and all my registered games were on the other account. It's okay they work fine that way, at least on my end just try it out since you can only use the code once per account.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    You could get a hold of Customer Service and either talk to them over the computer chat or have them call you. I had 1 EP that I had registered but wasn't showing up, so I put in a ticket and they called me and gave me a new number so that it will show up on the Origin client. I still used the disk to install it in my game but at least it now shows up on Origin so if the disks ever gets messed up, I can still install it through Origin. When they give you a new number, they will send it to you in an e-mail. Hope this helps... :)

http://help.ea.com/en/