Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The genie won't resurrect my sim :(

So I was playing in isla paradiso and my roommate died. I wanted to revive her so I decided to wish to resurrect her with the genie lamp. But when I clicked the resurrect option, her name didn't come up. Our relationship bar was all the way full. I wondered if it was maybe because she was a mermaid, so I decided to try a different wish with a mermaid who was still alive. I clicked the love wish, and none of the mermaids came up on the list of names. Why aren't the mermaids showing up? Is the mermaid thing the problem, or is it something else? How do I fix this?

Comments

• SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    Hmmm that is strange. I know the resurrect sim won't work if you already did the Oh my ghost opportunity and are playing the ghost actively. But does your sim have the mermaid's urn or tombstone on their lot? If not that could also be why there is a problem. Not sure about the love thing though for the mermaids. Unless your current sim doesn't have high enough relationships with the other mermaids besides the one that your sim was friends with.
  • djembob02djembob02 Posts: 12 New Member
    > @SimiLova said:
    > Hmmm that is strange. I know the resurrect sim won't work if you already did the Oh my ghost opportunity and are playing the ghost actively. But does your sim have the mermaid's urn or tombstone on their lot? If not that could also be why there is a problem. Not sure about the love thing though for the mermaids. Unless your current sim doesn't have high enough relationships with the other mermaids besides the one that your sim was friends with.

I didn't do the opportunity thing, I'm not playing her actively, and I do have her tombstone on my lot.
  • SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    Or wait, I just re-read your post. You said the mermaid was your sim's roommate. Which if I recall correctly roommates aren't actively part of your household(for you to control that is) and are run by the game kind of like townies or homeless sims. Which means independently from what you have them doing. So I think you might have to add the urn as part of your active household and THEN try and resurrect her that way. Otherwise you can't do it.