Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

.package files aren't showing up?

bleekygirlxbleekygirlx Posts: 2 New Member
I have around 300 .package files in my Mods folder but after resetting the whole Sims 4 folder in Electronic Arts (as the game wasn't working), my mods don't show up anymore however my tray items do? Not one of them shows up.

Comments

• Options
    LeoraMartinLeoraMartin Posts: 33 Member
    Maybe repair the game?
    (Sorry for my bad english! :s)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Do you have them nested in folders? If so, you might need to rewrite your Resource.cfg to see them.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    I would try moving your mods folder to your desk top (cut and paste) then repair the game (right click on The Sims 4 in Origin and you will see the option). Next, I would copy all of the .package files and cut/paste them to the new Mods folder that the game generates. Do not move the old resource.cfg file. Good luck!
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I have around 300 .package files in my Mods folder but after resetting the whole Sims 4 folder in Electronic Arts (as the game wasn't working), my mods don't show up anymore however my tray items do? Not one of them shows up.

Check your Game Options, last page, and make sure your Script Mods box is checked. While you're there, check ALL your options, if you reset the whole folder, they've probably all gone back to default.
  • Options
    e01000101e01000101 Posts: 41 Member
    Ugh, so frustrating... the same thing is happening to me, but when I try to repair game the option isn't available. So I just cut/pasted my Mods folder contents to a folder on my desktop, restarted the game and quit it, then copied/pasted the contents of the desktop Mods folder back into its place and nada. Actually my mods stopped working a long time ago, so long I can't even remember when but I didn't care too much then - I do now though, I've got all these lovely new hair styles and things that I want to try!
    I don't know what to do!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    e01000101 wrote: »
    Ugh, so frustrating... the same thing is happening to me, but when I try to repair game the option isn't available. So I just cut/pasted my Mods folder contents to a folder on my desktop, restarted the game and quit it, then copied/pasted the contents of the desktop Mods folder back into its place and nada. Actually my mods stopped working a long time ago, so long I can't even remember when but I didn't care too much then - I do now though, I've got all these lovely new hair styles and things that I want to try!
    I don't know what to do!

Hello @e01000101 .
    Go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if your cc is there.
  • Options
    e01000101e01000101 Posts: 41 Member
    Thanks for your response, I've tried that but nothing. And actually, I can't even see those buttons any more (since buying Get Together a LOT of stuff is missing from my display and I don't know what's what any more) - ffs. Apparently I have to "be around for a little while longer" to post pictures or links.
  • Options
    e01000101 wrote: »
    Thanks for your response, I've tried that but nothing. And actually, I can't even see those buttons any more (since buying Get Together a LOT of stuff is missing from my display and I don't know what's what any more) - ffs. Apparently I have to "be around for a little while longer" to post pictures or links.

With your missing items, do you have empty text boxes? If you do, try doing the solution in this link and see if that helps
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/11/codes-instead-of-text/
    If you are missing the "enable cc /mods " button, your game may not be up to date. Try right clicking the sims 4 picture in origin and click " check for updates".
    If you are uptodate and the button isn't there, go to your sims 4 folder and move the options.ini or options file to the desktop. Start the game, then go to game options and see if the button is there then.
  • Options
    YicaniaYicania Posts: 2 New Member
    Do you have them nested in folders? If so, you might need to rewrite your Resource.cfg to see them.

how would i do that?
  • Options
    Yicania wrote: »

how would i do that?

Hello
    The post was written before there was a patch update, and a new type of resource.cfg file was created. The new resource.cfg allowed for further subfolders.
    If you move your mods folder to the desktop, then launch the game, a new mods folder will be generated and have the latest type of resource.cfg file. You can then transfer your cc/mods from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder
  • Options
    cairo123cairo123 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have done all of these put together and it's still not working. Only about 15 out of 135 of my mods show up in my game. I am so frustrated. I've spent hours downloading mods just to find out they don't work in my game.
  • Options
    cairo123 wrote: »
    I have done all of these put together and it's still not working. Only about 15 out of 135 of my mods show up in my game. I am so frustrated. I've spent hours downloading mods just to find out they don't work in my game.

Hello @cairo123
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.
  • Options
    Shelbers22Shelbers22 Posts: 26 New Member
    I'm having a similar problem, except none of my CC will show up in game, and I've tried all the steps listed on here.
  • Options
    LeimaLocca94LeimaLocca94 Posts: 1 New Member
    Listen y’all,

I’ve tried 20 billion ways. I’ve enabled my mods, I’ve copied and pasted from one place to another, I’ve compressed and de compressed. I’ve started to play and exited the game to re enter and see if they show, but nothing. What do I do? NONE of my mods are showing up in my game. Please help.
  • Options
    Listen y’all,

I’ve tried 20 billion ways. I’ve enabled my mods, I’ve copied and pasted from one place to another, I’ve compressed and de compressed. I’ve started to play and exited the game to re enter and see if they show, but nothing. What do I do? NONE of my mods are showing up in my game. Please help.

Hello
    Do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead. One Drive can cause issues, It would be best to unsync One Drive and Sims 4.

If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.
    Some simmers have found that a mods folder had been incorrectly generated in their custom music folder. Check all the folders there as well.

• Options
    mimithestar13mimithestar13 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have tried everything for my mods to work again and nothing is WORKING origin will not generate a new mods folder for me and I am getting frustrated HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I have tried everything for my mods to work again and nothing is WORKING origin will not generate a new mods folder for me and I am getting frustrated HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello @mimithestar13
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. Try doing what I suggested in the above post and see if there is another mods folder somewhere else on your computer that the game is using instead of the correct one in Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 folder
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16241354/#Comment_16241354
  • Options
    mimithestar13mimithestar13 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have dug through all my files and another mods folder was not generated
  • Options
    I have dug through all my files and another mods folder was not generated

Hello
    Do you use One Drive or Google Drive? If you do, has a mods folder perhaps been generated there?
  • Options
    Arielle08Arielle08 Posts: 10 New Member
    > Hello @cairo123
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    > Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.

I tried this as well and it did not work for me, sadly. I have like 78 mods but only like 20 of them are working. So much time spent for nothing in return lol.
  • Options
    Arielle08 wrote: »
    > Hello @cairo123
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    > Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.

I tried this as well and it did not work for me, sadly. I have like 78 mods but only like 20 of them are working. So much time spent for nothing in return lol.

Hello
    Some mods have been broken by the latest patches. It may help to go back to where you downloaded them from and see if updated versions have been released.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Arielle08 wrote: »
    >
    > > Hello @cairo123
    > > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    > > Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.
    >
    >
    > I tried this as well and it did not work for me, sadly. I have like 78 mods but only like 20 of them are working. So much time spent for nothing in return lol.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Some mods have been broken by the latest patches. It may help to go back to where you downloaded them from and see if updated versions have been released.

@cairo123
    So I went back for a few and they said to redownload them since they are now fixed, but they are still not showing up. :( thank you for your help so far though, I do appreciate it. :)
  • Options
    P
    > @rosemow said:
    > Arielle08 wrote: »
    >
    > > Hello @cairo123
    > > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    > > Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.
    >
    >
    > I tried this as well and it did not work for me, sadly. I have like 78 mods but only like 20 of them are working. So much time spent for nothing in return lol.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Some mods have been broken by the latest patches. It may help to go back to where you downloaded them from and see if updated versions have been released.

@cairo123
    So I went back for a few and they said to redownload them since they are now fixed, but they are still not showing up. :( thank you for your help so far though, I do appreciate it. :)

Hello
    I am just checking. If the mods are cc package files, make sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file, if they come in zipped :or rar formats. The package files then go into the mods folder. The files need to be extracted out of the zip folder or the rear file.
    Try placing the package files directly into the mods folder without being in sub folders.
    Check that the files are for sims 4, and not for sims 2 or 3.
  • Options
    It wont let me show the link to the picture of my mod folder, but i do take out the files from the ZIP and the RAR and put it directly into the folders. Idk if I am doing something wrong, lol. I'm sorry if I am bugging you too much about it, but I really love mods haha.

@cairo123
  • Options

It wont let me show the link to the picture of my mod folder, but i do take out the files from the ZIP and the RAR and put it directly into the folders. Idk if I am doing something wrong, lol. I'm sorry if I am bugging you too much about it, but I really love mods haha.

@cairo123

Hello @Arielle08
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder and test to see if the cc then appears.

If a new mods folder is not generated, try doing what I suggested in this post
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16241354/#Comment_16241354