Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm waiting for The Sims 5

Comments

• TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    RemySims wrote: »
    Why hang around the forums if you're waiting for a game that won't come out in 5 to 6 years.
    To await the death of the franchise
    tumblr_mf0zaiuVnt1rjaef7o1_500.gif
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    RemySims wrote: »
    Why hang around the forums if you're waiting for a game that won't come out in 5 to 6 years.
    Why not? :trollface:
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @To7m wrote: »
    Whatever, the game is a flop.

EA even admitted it themselves that they failed player expectations at launch. As for best selling game - where's your proof? And don't show me that silly list that's been going about because that's means nothing other than TS3 was still second on the list - THAT tells me everything I need to know about TS4.

The Sims 2 was second on the list when The Sims 3 came out too. What's your point?

The Sims 3 dropped to like $30 for the base game + Late Night + High End Loft Stuff when the Sims 4 came out. Sales were bound to be strong.
    The same reason why The Sims 2 Double Deluxe was #2 on the list for the exact same reason.

The Sims 4 was still on top. And EA have already been pushing The Sims 4 with more content than before. I mean at this rate, The Sims 4 will have 4 Stuff Packs, 2 Game Packs and 1 EP within the first year. People are obviously buying.

Otherwise EA would have just given up after the first EP. EA doesn't fund games that flop like this. Sorry to say.

Show me that list. To be honest - I'm a TS2 fan so I would actually agree TS2 was better than 3. So it being second on any list makes me happy! Even though TS3 is probably my favourite - mad ay?

My point? Well, that would be that TS3 is 2nd on a list so very few months after TS4 is released... That's not good. That fact that sales drop on previous games in because there is a NEW version out. Why are they going to charge more for an old instalment? That doesn't make sense. So that argument is invalid. Of course the prices will drop.

That list tells me people were disappointed with TS4 and went back to TS3 or that people saw what TS4 was lacking and bought a deluxe version of TS3 instead. Besides the fact that I actually know people who waited to see what TS4 was going to be like and then went and bought TS3 instead.

*shrugs* I fail to see your argument. Maybe it's because I am a little tipsy (my baby cousin turned 18 today).

EA are drastically pushing content because they know that they flopped. They're going to milk us for every penny they can and then probably drop the game entirely. It happened with SC2013. You'd be naive to think it won't happen here.

--T

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    I wouldn't say TS4 is a flop. It sold well, though not as well as previous versions of The Sims. It could've done a lot better, but it certainly didn't fail, in terms of sales. What I most definitely am saying is that I personally find it a big disappointment.

There's just so much missing -- I do miss toddlers, but I'm not a fanatic about them -- personally, at this point, I don't really care a lot myself, but I hope they are added for the folks who really want them for family play. Bigger for me were the omissions of the open world and create-a-style systems. And it's not just about loading screens -- more about the fact that I could control a whole household with multiple Sims across the span of the 'Sim world' -- something completely impossible with TS4's closed lots. That and I really dislike the new 'goal oriented' play that gives me incredibly specific checklists of things I have to do if I want to progress. TS3 had some goals, but they were broad and allowed for a great deal more latitude in playstyle.

At any rate, I bought TS4 at release, debated about using the 24-hour refund clause, but wanted to give it a try for a bit longer than that. (Personally, I don't think 24 hours is long enough to get the feel of a game, and thus don't really think much of EA's 'guarantee.') So I've stuck with it, but I do regret not going for that refund sometimes. At this point, it just seems that while EPs and such will add more content, it will still be very goal-oriented content and none of the limitations on controlling multiple Sims in multiple locations or having CASt-like customization will ever be addressed.

So in sense, yes, I'm waiting for Sims 5. I don't really have that much enthusiasm for further Sims 4 development, because it doesn't look like the core issues that I have with the current game are going to ever change.

On another note, regarding the 'touchscreen' debate: I personally don't see touchscreens as the way of the future, for desktop PCs. Yes, there will be desktops with touchscreens (yes there already are some), but I cannot see them becoming the 'mainstream' really. A few years back, around the time the movie _Avatar_ came out, 3D TVs were going to be in everyone's household. Now looking at the reality . . . not so much.

All in all, touchscreens are simply not a practical user interface for desktop computing. I sit at my desk typing this now, with a 40" HDTV that I use as a monitor for my desktop gaming system. If I were to try doing the majority of my gaming by touching the screen, my arms would be stiff and aching and my shoulders would probably feel like they were about to fall off. It's just not practical to be reaching over the desk to my 40" screen and moving stuff around and doing 'gestures' to play a game. That's not even touching on things like the lack of precision or reaction time in comparison to a gaming mouse and keyboard.

Touchscreens are great on tablets and phones, and they'll likely remain so. Laptops, being relatively small and portable can and will continue to benefit from touchscreen interfaces. But even on a laptop, if you were typing up a post on the forums here, would you be looking to do it with a pop-up keyboard on a touchscreen? I think not. I know I certainly wouldn't -- I'd opt to type on the actual physical keyboard. And people wanting fast, precision controls -- well, there's a reason for apps like the one that lets you pair a PlayStation controller to your Android tablet. YMMV, of course.
    Touchscreens were never meant to replace the keyboard. You can even get a real keyboard for iPads if you want to use the iPad for typing with all 10 fingers without looking at the keys while you type.

But I have often taken myself in attempting to put a finger on the the PC screen to point on the object it want me to select before I realize that it isn't a touchscreen so I have to use a mouse for this. This isn't nearly as convenient as just pointing on the object as I can on my iPad. Especially on laptops a touchscreen is most often far to prefer instead of using a mouse.
  • FleurkweenFleurkween Posts: 235 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    The game is not a flop lmao. TS4 had good sales.

Sims 3 sold 1.4 million copies in the first week, while Sims 4 had only sold 1.3 million in the first three months. Plus, a game can sell a lot of copies and still be a flop/disappointment. Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's good.
    \cat%20with%20tea_zpsejebanah.jpg
  • Whovian97Whovian97 Posts: 392 Member
    I'm afraid of sims 5 now that we have sims 4 kinda.....there might not be enough money in the budget for sims 5 to even get at least some of the things everyone really wants.....and it's just.....I don't know.....I just don't want to think about it right now.

oprah-crying.gif

I think about that sometimes...if this is The Sims last generation, I will die along with game.
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
    FIND ME ON THE GALLERY: holdenwade97
  • Whovian97Whovian97 Posts: 392 Member
    Fleurkween wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    The game is not a flop lmao. TS4 had good sales.

Sims 3 sold 1.4 million copies in the first week, while Sims 4 had only sold 1.3 million in the first three months. Plus, a game can sell a lot of copies and still be a flop/disappointment. Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's good.

But TS4 is the #1 top selling game of 2014
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
    FIND ME ON THE GALLERY: holdenwade97
  • Invisible88Invisible88 Posts: 24 New Member
    I'll be happily playing TS2 and popping back in to see if they fix TS4's problems, and if they do, then I'll keep playing. The culling is ruining it for me right now though!
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    I'm not because I have zero faith that if there is a sims 5 it would actually be an improvement over the disaster that is ts4. After what they've done to the sims thus far I just don't see a way to be hopeful that the same people are going to be able to deliver a great game a few years down the road.
  • libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Teresita wrote: »
    Sims 5 may also be a sequel to Sims 4 and it's likely to happen

OHD2GLR.gif

I'm gonna go mad just thinking about it

--Also, how did Sims 3 become the 2nd most sold game of last year? That game came out in 2009?

Oooooh noo not a sequel to sims 4, there are some people who think sims 4 isn't a sequel to sims 3.....

0847_86d0.gif

• libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    edited June 2015
    Whovian97 wrote: »
    I'm afraid of sims 5 now that we have sims 4 kinda.....there might not be enough money in the budget for sims 5 to even get at least some of the things everyone really wants.....and it's just.....I don't know.....I just don't want to think about it right now.

oprah-crying.gif

I think about that sometimes...if this is The Sims last generation, I will die along with game.

Exactly :disappointed:
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Well right now the sims5 is not on my mind will reevalute in 4 years from now
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hello EA< Windows 10 will introduce holograms as a way to work and play in the very close/near future, so while you build the TS5 maybe you should 'forget' the tablet and start thinking about what kind of technology MS is going to be selling to the general public here shortly. I'm sure not many will buy the 'extra' hologram equipment right away, but by the time TS5 comes out it may be an everyday thing in using the pc and playing games, so don't put all your eggs in mobile phone and tablet baskets, just yet. :)

http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-gives-us-holograms-with-windows-10/#!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited June 2015
    Just because the game wasn't as successful as the previous installments in the franchise or (heaven forbid) didn't meet your personal expectations certainly doesn't make it a "flop". It was actually quite a moderate success (which is actually all a game needs to be successful at all). Many critics even admit that while there are missing features from the game, it's still enjoyable and fun to play. The average rating for the base game is 3 stars (again, a moderate success). This doesn't make it a flop. All it does is make it less successful than previous Sims games. Again, NOT a flop.

And before you accuse me of thinking Sims 4 is the greatest game of all time, don't. I'm someone who believes the game needs to be improved in many areas. Some of my biggest frustrations is the lack of toddlers, create a style, and open world. I also dislike the fact that it doesn't have dishwashers or trash compactors. But I'm not gonna make up lies about the game and call it a "flop" just because I don't like certain things about it.

But in the end, I too will be waiting for The Sims 5... not for the same reasons though. I'll definitely continue playing Sims 4 while I wait because I actually enjoy the game (despite the lack of certain features). The game hasn't even been out for an entire year yet. You must be a very impatient person if you're gonna make this decision about a game that was only released not even a year ago. The Sims 3 took a span of five years to get to where it is today. Calm down.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I only found out my laptop was touch screen the other day. I wiped something from the screen and the sim walked over to where I had touched. Was pretty cool actually. I haven't really used it since as I'm an OCD but when it comes to smudges etc.. I would be cleaning it every other second.

I like my mouse and keyboard but I don't see how touchscreens would effect your game... If the equipment needed to play the game meet requirements then what is the problem?

--T
  • Hingis16Hingis16 Posts: 97 Member
    I don't like TS4 either : It seems they went completely backwards : the Non Open World is a MAJOR issue : that loading screen when leaving your area is a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 : very limited options 'till now : it's not the " going to work " expansion that will sort out things, still loads of things are missing in comparison with the Sims 3 and they are countless : instead of making a much better Sims 3 with Sims 4 : they screwed up the Sims 4 : it's just a game that I would compare between the sims 1 and sims 2 ... The babies are like aliens : ugly as ( censored ) and more unrealistic than they were in the Sims 3, No Cars ( well, who need them when there's no open world ? ), Pools have been added since a few months but yet... Anyway there are loads of sites pointing out what's missing in the SIMS 4 and it's huge ! They have sold a very uncomplete game ! There's no stories, .... About sims 4 : I would have first sorted out major bugs that still were in the SIMS 3 before making the SIMS 4 which is at my eyes also a huge flop ! About what's missing in the SIMS 4 : there are blogs all over the web who have made a list !
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    I only found out my laptop was touch screen the other day. I wiped something from the screen and the sim walked over to where I had touched. Was pretty cool actually. I haven't really used it since as I'm an OCD but when it comes to smudges etc.. I would be cleaning it every other second.

I like my mouse and keyboard but I don't see how touchscreens would effect your game... If the equipment needed to play the game meet requirements then what is the problem?

--T

I agree. People act as if it's some unheard of technology that will never advance lmao. That's cool that you can touch where your sim goes.
    WLfAA9V.png
    Another thing : More and more games are running on 64 bits, SIMS 4 still is running on 32 bits if not lower 16...
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Hingis16 wrote: »
    Another thing : More and more games are running on 64 bits, SIMS 4 still is running on 32 bits if not lower 16...

Not on Mac :)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2015
    Now this was posted 5 days ago. The Sims 4 is No.1 at UK and Get To Work EP is at No.2!

So again for the doubters, if the game was sold and was not liked why would the expansion become at No.2?

http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-ark-survival-evolved-sims-4-selling-pc-games-week-fallout-4-preorders-climbing-charts/#ixzz3cxBSmsT0
    You know there's also a negative explanation possible for that (apart from a positive one). Because people where dying to actually have something to do in the game. I'm not impressed Sims 4 basegame sold well, I bought the game too.

I have been googling to find other lists but I must be really bad at it. Can't find it. I find lists that don't have Sims 4 on it but those may be games that don't count, I don't know. Like I said, I know absolutely nothing about games. All I know is, that if Sims 4 keeps selling well I hope it's for the right reasons: people loving to play it. Not because they're hoping the game will become fun as long as they add stuff to it.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited June 2015

Hingis16 wrote: »

Not on Mac :)

I've both and PC's are far better than MAC when it goes about gaming !
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2015
    Fleurkween wrote: »
    Because The Sims 4 was a major flop and disappointment, I'm just sitting here waiting for The Sims 5. Anybody else?

You should wait for The Sims 666, it will be the best :p
  • Simlover143Simlover143 Posts: 1 New Member
    Am I the only one who feels lol TS5 should be a mix between TS3 and TS4? Because personally, I feel as though you should still have as many personality choices as you did in TS3 versus the three or four in TS4. Am I the only one who feels this way?
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    Am I the only one who feels lol TS5 should be a mix between TS3 and TS4? Because personally, I feel as though you should still have as many personality choices as you did in TS3 versus the three or four in TS4. Am I the only one who feels this way?

The real question is why is this dead thread being revived?
  • andelliotjamesandelliotjames Posts: 33 Member
    I just want to see what it'll be like