Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm waiting for The Sims 5

Comments

• halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Now this was posted 5 days ago. The Sims 4 is No.1 at UK and Get To Work EP is at No.2!

So again for the doubters, if the game was sold and was not liked why would the expansion become at No.2?

http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-ark-survival-evolved-sims-4-selling-pc-games-week-fallout-4-preorders-climbing-charts/#ixzz3cxBSmsT0

Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    plopppo wrote: »
    The spooky thing about The Sims 5 is it will go into parallel development with The Sims 4 - ie it will be developed whilst TS4 is active - that's just the way it works.
    Nothing new in that. The next version of the Sims game has always started its development a few months after the release of the previous version - but under another development team ;)

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Now this was posted 5 days ago. The Sims 4 is No.1 at UK and Get To Work EP is at No.2!

So again for the doubters, if the game was sold and was not liked why would the expansion become at No.2?

http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-ark-survival-evolved-sims-4-selling-pc-games-week-fallout-4-preorders-climbing-charts/#ixzz3cxBSmsT0

you do know its on sale right? This game tends to sell more when it is on sale and it has been on sale several times since it's release unlike other sims games that did not go on sale and sold at full price for a long time.
  • PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    And what if there isn't a Sims 5 in the future? What if the Sims 5 becomes a mobile game?
    2750512.gif~c200

• ElokaEloka Posts: 184 Member
    Nope.

• missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    yes The Sims 4 flopped so badly that it became the No.1 selling PC game in 2014!!
    Every company would dream to have such a flop in their list of games.

just because you don't like a game does not mean it is flop. if that was the criteria TS3 would be the biggest disaster in my books :p

@halimali1980 Source please? Are you referring to only one source?
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    The latest PC UK retail, Steam Digital and Green Man Gaming charts have been revealed and it appears that ARK Survival Evolved, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Grand Theft Auto V are quite popular among PC gamers. Lego Worlds seems to be climbing the Steam charts, and of special note is Fallout 4 at number 7 and number 3 on Steam and Green Man Gaming respectively.

The PC UK retail charts are for retail sales only. Many games are sold via digital (as in Steam) only and thus Sims 4 will top the retail lists for quite some time. I think Steam is a much more accurate representation of sales, though weekly sales are always influenced by discounts and some companies have their own digital sites.

The main point is that Sims 4 is a major disappointment to a huge number of Sims fans including myself. I almost pre-ordered Sims 4 but held off thanks to the SimCity2013 debacle. A year ago I couldn't imagine not buying the Sims 4, but it looks like I'll have to wait until Sims 5. To me, it seems unlikely that Sims 4 can be improved much due to the game design and engine along with EA/Maxis's inability to address many of the core issues of the game such as culling, story progression, and the emotions system. A sensible emotions system where certain events like death of a loved one or cheating, overrides the positive buffs should be relatively simple to implement, but EA/Maxis has done nothing to correct the problem. I think just about everyone can agree that no amount of paintings should be able to overcome a huge event like your mother or child dying, or witnessing your spouse in bed with someone else. A good story progression design was already created by Twallan for Sims 3, all EA has to do is copy the ideas and features, but they seem incapable of doing anything but releasing superficial "updates" and objects. It's the core gameplay that needs to be improved. A new world and hot tubs are nice, but don't address what's wrong with the game.
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I'm not waiting for Sims 5 but I do hope for it. As long as it doesn't start out like Sims 4: TSO, then all is good. If 4 didn't start out like that this game would have been so much better.
  • Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    yes The Sims 4 flopped so badly that it became the No.1 selling PC game in 2014!!
    Every company would dream to have such a flop in their list of games.

just because you don't like a game does not mean it is flop. if that was the criteria TS3 would be the biggest disaster in my books :p

I'm enjoying ts4 for what it is. I had a love hate relationship with ts3. Yes, ts4 doesn't have some of the good things about ts3 like advanced customization and open world, but open world also had TONS of problems. I'm enjoying ts4, I like some of the ways it resembles ts1 and ts2.
  • BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    There's always going to be a TS1 vs TS2 vs TS3 vs TS4 vs.....Preferences are going to vary. My bigger concern with where things are heading is the incessant nickle and diming by EA. I didn't realize what was going on till much later but people, if you bought the base game, the items that are in these stuff packs are things removed from the base game or items they weren't able to finish in time to put in the base game, hence they may be tweaking things. In other words, you already paid for what's in the SP's, but you're going to pay again because it's repackaged separately with the impression that it's something they created separately for the game. It's just something to think about.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    Fleurkween wrote: »
    Because The Sims 4 was a major flop and disappointment, I'm just sitting here waiting for The Sims 5. Anybody else?

Your opinion which is fine.

To answer your question, no, I'm looking forward to see what the next GP and EP for sims4 will be though. :p
    Kinda excited about new supernaturals(I hope), some additional family activities, being able to swim in the lake or beach.. *whispers* toddlers... lolol

One of the guru's said if S4 doesn't make it, there won't be an S5. *shrugs* I think S4 will make it, but I doubt there will be an S5. My opinion though. B)
    The guru only said this because he didn't want to receive questions about future stuff which he wasn't allowed to answer. He was also just a game designer and not at all involved be EA's economical decisions. So he just spoke for himself and made a private statement which of course was principally correct anyway. But he didn't make an officially statement at all ;)

EA's board will decide if EA should make the Sims 5 and I am sure that EA is about to begin exploring the possibilities already. So very soon a Sims 5 team will begin experimenting even though EA will probably postpone the final decision until later when EA has more information. Even so I consider it extremely unlikely that EA won't make the Sims 5 because the Sims games are still selling very well and in about 2019 all PC are probably 64 bit and have touch screens which give EA a lot of new options for such a game. So I expect the Sims 5 to be released in about 4 years :)

Touch screens? Thats for apps. In 5 years many of us will probably be in 4k resolution. You can get a nice size 4k TV here in the USA for $1000-$1200. If EA took the sims to be strictly an app game with touch screens I would not buy it.

There are touch screen computers too lol not just for apps..

yes but touch screens are not used for PC gaming.They can be used for app games on a pc. Gaming computers dont have touch screen @Erpe

EA does make sims app games but the true sims games have always been on PC without touch screen

Again, what? A quick Google search shows there certainly are plenty of touch gaming laptops/desktops.

No one uses touch screen for Gaming on PC other than apps. Hard core games are not played on touch screen. Name me one hard core game made for pc that uses touch screen. The sims games were all made on pc and not meant for touch screen accept for sims apps. I pray if they make a sims 5 they do it right this time in 4k on 64 bit since we should all be there in 5 years.

I have a touch screen all in one computer I dont game on or do I find the touch screen useful and never used it

My gaming computers laptop and desktop do not have touch screen. My 3ds uses both controls and touch screen and my kindle is good for touch screen big fish apps and reading books

And add there are a lot of pc listed as gaming pcs does not mean they are. You need to read the actual specs. I have seen several low end pc's advertized as gaming pcs

The specs seem fine to me:

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50-touch/#tab-tech_specs

The specs may be fine however I would not ever buy a lenovo. Just because some computer manufacturers are getting on the gaming bandwagon does not mean I would buy them. Ask some people in here in the tech threads who fix computers and laptops what they think of Lenovo .

If looking for a gaming laptop its wise to buy from known gaming laptop manufacturers that make true gaming laptops Like MSI, ASUS and some others.

Sorry to hear you dislike them, but the fact of the matter is there are in fact touch gaming computers that can run the game. Your sweeping statement about none of them having good specs isn't true.

@chesterbigbird want to fill brook in on touch screen gaming.

sorry but touch screens are made for general use not gaming and Its not me there are plenty of people in here who build computers would not buy lenovo. So throwing lenovo in my face like colton147147 so often does is getting old

I guess you must have missed @Erpe's post lol. I'm not throwing anything in your face, he just linked some MSI touch gaming computers too. Up to you if you feel the need to become defensive over it or not.

The touch screen is there for apps not for gaming. My guess is you only game the sims LOL

Touchscreen-friendly PC games: http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6857883-Touch-friendly-games/

And with continued development of touchscreen technology for PCs (especially laptops), who knows what might develop in the future?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Luke2153 wrote: »
    Evil_One wrote: »
    I'M WAITING FOR THE SIMS 5

You mean the title screen of the Sims 5 at a price of $100.00?

Then you'll have to get the following:

The Sims 5 - Intro Animations SP $4.99 Never before seen in an SP.
    The Sims 5 - Main menu SP only $9.99 With exclusive options, only in this pack (Start New Game, Load Game, Game Options)
    The Sims 5 - Basic Ages SP Just $14.99 Now your can actually have a Baby, Child or Adult in game.
    The Sims 5 - Additional Ages SP Merely $9.99 for those who want Todder, Teen and Elder as well!
    The Sims 5 - Live Mode SP $14.99 You can't play the game without it... Literally.
    The Sims 5 - Build/Buy Mode SP $9.99 Content sold seperately.

Plus another 28 SPs, GPs and day-1 DLCs just to get anywhere near the base game of TS4.

You know at this point, I'm not even sure if this is actually a joke or not... I really wouldn't be surprised if they'd do something like this if they could.
    According to my calculations thats only a small price of $159.95 for the base game! Wow what a deal!
    Hands over the cash... Take it EA take it.

This week $10 extra if you want a hot tub. By the time sims 5 rolls around if it does $50 for a hot tub :p

Well, in Sims 3 you had to pay either $30 US (for Late Night), $20 (for Outdoor Life Stuff), or buy a hot tub from the Sims 3 Store. At least with the $10 we're getting more than just a hot tub -- we're getting other stuff as well. Plus, children can now use the hot tubs which is a big improvement (remember in Sims 3 kids not only couldn't use the hot tubs but couldn't play the piano?).

But to answer the original post, no I am not waiting on TS5.
    I am waiting for TS4 to meet - no exceed my expectations.
    & I'm not asking for much.
    Until then, I am not playing TS4.
    & I haven't played for 4 months now.
  • brianars129brianars129 Posts: 63 Member
    no...
    I'm still enjoying Sims 4, even while recognizing its limitations. And I've seen a lot of improvement in the 9 months we've had the game, in free content, in GPs, in EPs and in SPs.

Here's an idea for future Sims games, since so many people don't care for the "goal-oriented" play -- how about adding a sandbox mode, similar to what was added in with SimCity 2013? That way everyone has the best of both worlds and can choose how they want to play the game -- some sandbox players might decide to experiment with the goal-oriented play, while some goal-oriented players might decide to use sandbox to try out something different.
    edited June 2015
    Numbers don't lie. Yes. That is true.

Say 100 people brought a can of soda at $2 each equaling to $200 in sales.
    Now imagine if:
    40 people drank the entire can of soda and liked it.
    30 people drank half the soda and said it was okay.
    20 people took a couple of sips and realized the soda was flat but didn't bother returning it, they just sat it aside.
    10 people returned the soda for a full refund.
    Then 10 more people brought a can of soda.

But at the end of the day, that Soda company can show that "Hey we made $200 in soda sales this week!"

That is how I imagine Sims 4 "Sales". People can BUY the game all day, but that does NOT mean the game is good.
    Sometimes subjective data overrules objective data.

Oh yeah, I'll sit this right here.

craveonline.com/gaming/articles/800573-worst-2014-12-disappointing-games-2014#/slide/9
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    missmani09 wrote: »
    Numbers don't lie. Yes. That is true.

Say 100 people brought a can of soda at $2 each equaling to $200 in sales.
    Now imagine if:
    40 people drank the entire can of soda and liked it.
    30 people drank half the soda and said it was okay.
    20 people took a couple of sips and realized the soda was flat but didn't bother returning it, they just sat it aside.
    10 people returned the soda for a full refund.
    Then 10 more people brought a can of soda.

But at the end of the day, that Soda company can show that "Hey we made $200 in soda sales this week!"

That is how I imagine Sims 4 "Sales". People can BUY the game all day, but that does NOT mean the game is good.
    Sometimes subjective data overrules objective data.

Oh yeah, I'll sit this right here.

craveonline.com/gaming/articles/800573-worst-2014-12-disappointing-games-2014#/slide/9
    That was a nice way of putting it. :)
  • townie1010townie1010 Posts: 104 Member
    I will stay with 4 but i will sure be happy to see 5 if it has Create a World and Story Progression.
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    I'm waiting for The Sims 6 since we all know that Sims 5 will be Sims 4 with an open world, but will be buggy and laggy and glitchy just like Sims 3, so Sims 6 will be the birth child of Sims 1 with Sims Freeplay, but in Virtual Reality, which will be an exclusive of Oculus 2, and if you pre-order, not only will you get a Day One DLC of hot-tubs, but you will also get Justine Keaton and Bella Goth as a neighbor.

The Sims 6. Available on June 6, 2026.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Whovian97Whovian97 Posts: 392 Member
    I'm kinda bored with TS4 at the moment, due to the fact that I still only own the base game and one can only use the same stuff and do the same thing so many times before it gets tiresome. I personally look forward to TS5, but as it stands right now I'm pretty happy with what EA has given us as far as graphics and animation. Sure, the sims look a bit more cartoony than TS3 but that really doesn't bother me. I'm happy with TS4, I just need more content you know.
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
    FIND ME ON THE GALLERY: holdenwade97
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    I wouldn't say TS4 is a flop. It sold well, though not as well as previous versions of The Sims. It could've done a lot better, but it certainly didn't fail, in terms of sales. What I most definitely am saying is that I personally find it a big disappointment.

There's just so much missing -- I do miss toddlers, but I'm not a fanatic about them -- personally, at this point, I don't really care a lot myself, but I hope they are added for the folks who really want them for family play. Bigger for me were the omissions of the open world and create-a-style systems. And it's not just about loading screens -- more about the fact that I could control a whole household with multiple Sims across the span of the 'Sim world' -- something completely impossible with TS4's closed lots. That and I really dislike the new 'goal oriented' play that gives me incredibly specific checklists of things I have to do if I want to progress. TS3 had some goals, but they were broad and allowed for a great deal more latitude in playstyle.

At any rate, I bought TS4 at release, debated about using the 24-hour refund clause, but wanted to give it a try for a bit longer than that. (Personally, I don't think 24 hours is long enough to get the feel of a game, and thus don't really think much of EA's 'guarantee.') So I've stuck with it, but I do regret not going for that refund sometimes. At this point, it just seems that while EPs and such will add more content, it will still be very goal-oriented content and none of the limitations on controlling multiple Sims in multiple locations or having CASt-like customization will ever be addressed.

So in sense, yes, I'm waiting for Sims 5. I don't really have that much enthusiasm for further Sims 4 development, because it doesn't look like the core issues that I have with the current game are going to ever change.

On another note, regarding the 'touchscreen' debate: I personally don't see touchscreens as the way of the future, for desktop PCs. Yes, there will be desktops with touchscreens (yes there already are some), but I cannot see them becoming the 'mainstream' really. A few years back, around the time the movie _Avatar_ came out, 3D TVs were going to be in everyone's household. Now looking at the reality . . . not so much.

All in all, touchscreens are simply not a practical user interface for desktop computing. I sit at my desk typing this now, with a 40" HDTV that I use as a monitor for my desktop gaming system. If I were to try doing the majority of my gaming by touching the screen, my arms would be stiff and aching and my shoulders would probably feel like they were about to fall off. It's just not practical to be reaching over the desk to my 40" screen and moving stuff around and doing 'gestures' to play a game. That's not even touching on things like the lack of precision or reaction time in comparison to a gaming mouse and keyboard.

Touchscreens are great on tablets and phones, and they'll likely remain so. Laptops, being relatively small and portable can and will continue to benefit from touchscreen interfaces. But even on a laptop, if you were typing up a post on the forums here, would you be looking to do it with a pop-up keyboard on a touchscreen? I think not. I know I certainly wouldn't -- I'd opt to type on the actual physical keyboard. And people wanting fast, precision controls -- well, there's a reason for apps like the one that lets you pair a PlayStation controller to your Android tablet. YMMV, of course.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm afraid of sims 5 now that we have sims 4 kinda.....there might not be enough money in the budget for sims 5 to even get at least some of the things everyone really wants.....and it's just.....I don't know.....I just don't want to think about it right now.

oprah-crying.gif
  • CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    You have mad patience, I couldn't even wait that long even if I really wanted to.
    I'll be enjoying TS4, though I hope you find something to enjoy along the way too.
  • TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    edited June 2015
    Sims 5 may also be a sequel to Sims 4 and it's likely to happen

OHD2GLR.gif

I'm gonna go mad just thinking about it

--Also, how did Sims 3 become the 2nd most sold game of last year? That game came out in 2009?
  • RemySimsRemySims Posts: 380 Member
    Why hang around the forums if you're waiting for a game that won't come out in 5 to 6 years.