Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm waiting for The Sims 5

Comments

• sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    Fleurkween wrote: »
    Because The Sims 4 was a major flop and disappointment, I'm just sitting here waiting for The Sims 5. Anybody else?

Your opinion which is fine.

To answer your question, no, I'm looking forward to see what the next GP and EP for sims4 will be though. :p
    Kinda excited about new supernaturals(I hope), some additional family activities, being able to swim in the lake or beach.. *whispers* toddlers... lolol

One of the guru's said if S4 doesn't make it, there won't be an S5. *shrugs* I think S4 will make it, but I doubt there will be an S5. My opinion though. B)
    The guru only said this because he didn't want to receive questions about future stuff which he wasn't allowed to answer. He was also just a game designer and not at all involved be EA's economical decisions. So he just spoke for himself and made a private statement which of course was principally correct anyway. But he didn't make an officially statement at all ;)

EA's board will decide if EA should make the Sims 5 and I am sure that EA is about to begin exploring the possibilities already. So very soon a Sims 5 team will begin experimenting even though EA will probably postpone the final decision until later when EA has more information. Even so I consider it extremely unlikely that EA won't make the Sims 5 because the Sims games are still selling very well and in about 2019 all PC are probably 64 bit and have touch screens which give EA a lot of new options for such a game. So I expect the Sims 5 to be released in about 4 years :)

Touch screens? Thats for apps. In 5 years many of us will probably be in 4k resolution. You can get a nice size 4k TV here in the USA for $1000-$1200. If EA took the sims to be strictly an app game with touch screens I would not buy it.

There are touch screen computers too lol not just for apps..

yes but touch screens are not used for PC gaming.They can be used for app games on a pc. Gaming computers dont have touch screen @Erpe

EA does make sims app games but the true sims games have always been on PC without touch screen

Again, what? A quick Google search shows there certainly are plenty of touch gaming laptops/desktops.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited June 2015
    Because The Sims 4 was a major flop and disappointment, I'm just sitting here waiting for The Sims 5. Anybody else?

To answer your question, no, I'm looking forward to see what the next GP and EP for sims4 will be though. :p
    Kinda excited about new supernaturals(I hope), some additional family activities, being able to swim in the lake or beach.. *whispers* toddlers... lolol

One of the guru's said if S4 doesn't make it, there won't be an S5. *shrugs* I think S4 will make it, but I doubt there will be an S5. My opinion though. B)
    The guru only said this because he didn't want to receive questions about future stuff which he wasn't allowed to answer. He was also just a game designer and not at all involved be EA's economical decisions. So he just spoke for himself and made a private statement which of course was principally correct anyway. But he didn't make an officially statement at all ;)

EA's board will decide if EA should make the Sims 5 and I am sure that EA is about to begin exploring the possibilities already. So very soon a Sims 5 team will begin experimenting even though EA will probably postpone the final decision until later when EA has more information. Even so I consider it extremely unlikely that EA won't make the Sims 5 because the Sims games are still selling very well and in about 2019 all PC are probably 64 bit and have touch screens which give EA a lot of new options for such a game. So I expect the Sims 5 to be released in about 4 years :)

Touch screens? Thats for apps. In 5 years many of us will probably be in 4k resolution. You can get a nice size 4k TV here in the USA for $1000-$1200. If EA took the sims to be strictly an app game with touch screens I would not buy it.

yes but touch screens are not used for PC gaming.They can be used for app games on a pc. Gaming computers dont have touch screen @Erpe

EA does make sims app games but the true sims games have always been on PC without touch screen

Again, what? A quick Google search shows there certainly are plenty of touch gaming laptops/desktops.

No one uses touch screen for Gaming on PC other than apps. Hard core games are not played on touch screen. Name me one hard core game made for pc that uses touch screen. The sims games were all made on pc and not meant for touch screen accept for sims apps. I pray if they make a sims 5 they do it right this time in 4k on 64 bit since we should all be there in 5 years.

I have a touch screen all in one computer I dont game on or do I find the touch screen useful and never used it

My gaming computers laptop and desktop do not have touch screen. My 3ds uses both controls and touch screen and my kindle is good for touch screen big fish apps and reading books

And add there are a lot of pc listed as gaming pcs does not mean they are. You need to read the actual specs. I have seen several low end pc's advertized as gaming pcs
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2015
    The game is not a flop lmao. TS4 had good sales.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

no where near what other sims games have sold in the past and the sims 3 still sells why its still up for sale.

No one uses touch screen for Gaming on PC other than apps. Hard core games are not played on touch screen. Name me one hard core game made for pc that uses touch screen. The sims games were all made on pc and not meant for touch screen accept for sims apps. I pray if they make a sims 5 they do it right this time in 4k on 64 bit since we should all be there in 5 years.

I have a touch screen all in one computer I dont game on or do I find the touch screen useful and never used it

My gaming computers laptop and desktop do not have touch screen. My 3ds uses both controls and touch screen and my kindle is good for touch screen big fish apps and reading books

And add there are a lot of pc listed as gaming pcs does not mean they are. You need to read the actual specs. I have seen several low end pc's advertized as gaming pcs

The specs seem fine to me:

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50-touch/#tab-tech_specs
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

no where near what other sims games have sold in the past and the sims 3 still sells why its still up for sale.

I know, but it doesn't mean it was a flop. TS3 sells well too still. Can't people just accept that? Everyday is a fight.

If people want to wait for TS5 awsome :) But let us (people who like the game) enjoy it while it lasts :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ColdHearted21ColdHearted21 Posts: 251 Member
    that's going to be a long time waiting..... but good luck with that

UrMeatisNeat

The specs may be fine however I would not ever buy a lenovo. Just because some computer manufacturers are getting on the gaming bandwagon does not mean I would buy them. Ask some people in here in the tech threads who fix computers and laptops what they think of Lenovo .

If looking for a gaming laptop its wise to buy from known gaming laptop manufacturers that make true gaming laptops Like MSI, ASUS and some others.

The specs may be fine however I would not ever buy a lenovo. Just because some computer manufacturers are getting on the gaming bandwagon does not mean I would buy them. Ask some people in here in the tech threads who fix computers and laptops what they think of Lenovo .

If looking for a gaming laptop its wise to buy from known gaming laptop manufacturers that make true gaming laptops Like MSI, ASUS and some others.

Sorry to hear you dislike them, but the fact of the matter is there are in fact touch gaming computers that can run the game. Your sweeping statement about none of them having good specs isn't true.
    WLfAA9V.png

I know, but it doesn't mean it was a flop. TS3 sells well too still. Can't people just accept that? Everyday is a fight.

If people want to wait for TS5 awsome :) But let us (people who like the game) enjoy it while it lasts :)

I have no issues if people choose to like this game even though I am very disappointed with it.. Im not sitting around waiting for the sims 5 if they even make one. If they do I would like to see those graphics in 4k. :p
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

Yes, there are a lot of new high end gaming computers on the market now which have touch screens. Look at the touch screen gaming computers on https://gaming.msi.com/products/all-in-one-pc/gaming-series as an example.

But you are right that there aren't many big games yet which demands touch screens and that it probably will take a couple of years before this changes. But look at http://www.tomsguide.com/us/pictures-story/571-best-windows-8-games.html and http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Touch-Friendly/#p=0&tab=NewReleases Touch screen friendly games already exist:)

Sorry to hear you dislike them, but the fact of the matter is there are in fact touch gaming computers that can run the game. Your sweeping statement about none of them having good specs isn't true.

@chesterbigbird want to fill brook in on touch screen gaming.

sorry but touch screens are made for general use not gaming and Its not me there are plenty of people in here who build computers would not buy lenovo. So throwing lenovo in my face like colton147147 so often does is getting old

• BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yes I would love to see a sims 5 but at the sametime I would be worried about the game. If they do make a sims 5 I just hope they listen to all of us and not just some of us.
    giphy.gif

sorry but touch screens are made for general use not gaming and Its not me there are plenty of people in here who build computers would not buy lenovo. So throwing lenovo in my face like colton147147 so often does is getting old

I guess you must have missed @Erpe's post lol. I'm not throwing anything in your face, he just linked some MSI touch gaming computers too. Up to you if you feel the need to become defensive over it or not.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Luke2153Luke2153 Posts: 538 Member
    giphy.gif

Cya in almost half a decade I guess (that is of course if they decide to move on after this Sims 4)
    large.jpg

I guess you must have missed @Erpe's post lol. I'm not throwing anything in your face, he just linked some MSI touch gaming computers too. Up to you if you feel the need to become defensive over it or not.

The touch screen is there for apps not for gaming. My guess is you only game the sims LOL

The touch screen is there for apps not for gaming. My guess is you only game the sims LOL

Lol okay, keep telling yourself that then even though more than one person has proven you wrong with links lol. Is it a problem that I only play sims? What's the point of that comment? Doesn't mean I know any less about computers. Lol
    WLfAA9V.png

Yes, there are a lot of new high end gaming computers on the market now which have touch screens. Look at the touch screen gaming computers on https://gaming.msi.com/products/all-in-one-pc/gaming-series as an example.

But you are right that there aren't many big games yet which demands touch screens and that it probably will take a couple of years before this changes. But look at http://www.tomsguide.com/us/pictures-story/571-best-windows-8-games.html and http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Touch-Friendly/#p=0&tab=NewReleases Touch screen friendly games already exist:)

I doubt there will be any hard core games made for touch screen. Touch screen is for apps. We are going into 4k. This takes a lot more power . Just alone if you go and read the Mac thread for the sims 4 for people who have 2000 +K resolution mac with nvidia laptop cards their fps is 1/2 of what mine is in 1080p. Mac got the 64 bit version while pc go the 32 bit.
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Ok.. yes there are games that can be used with a touchscreen.. doesn't mean they are better played on touchscreen. A hardcore gamer would never game on a touchscreen. For casual point and click or small gaming apps then yes touchscreen would be appropriate. Platform games might also be ok on touchscreen. But for the majority of gamers touchscreen is avoided.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

Lol okay, keep telling yourself that then even though more than one person has proven you wrong with links lol. Is it a problem that I only play sims? What's the point of that comment? Doesn't mean I know any less about computers. Lol

Keep telling yourself you know everything. Yes your playing on integrated graphics which I wont do. Anyone who understands computers would not game on integrated graphics because they know they will shorten the life span of their computer. Integrated graphics are just that does not matter whether you on mac or pc.
    Ok.. yes there are games that can be used with a touchscreen.. doesn't mean they are better played on touchscreen. A hardcore gamer would never game on a touchscreen. For casual point and click or small gaming apps then yes touchscreen would be appropriate. Platform games might also be ok on touchscreen. But for the majority of gamers touchscreen is avoided.

They are working on virtual reality gaming ffs, this is 2015. Sorry but I don't believe that touch screen gaming will never be popular even in the future lol.
    WLfAA9V.png

Keep telling yourself you know everything. Yes your playing on integrated graphics which I wont do. Anyone who understands computers would not game on integrated graphics because they know they will shorten the life span of their computer. Integrated graphics are just that does not matter whether you on mac or pc.

Been playing sims on mac w/ IG for about 7 years now, all high settings, never had a problem. Thanks though.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Luke2153Luke2153 Posts: 538 Member
    Touch Screen gaming. There's about a 50/50 chance that will happen. Although the mobile gaming seems to be coming more popular these days
    large.jpg
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member

They are working on virtual reality gaming ffs, this is 2015. Sorry but I don't believe that touch screen gaming will never be popular even in the future lol.
    Well nobody can time travel into the future.. so nobody knows. As of right now.. a hardcore pc gamer doesn't use touchscreen.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide