Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Industrial Island O.o

Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
edited June 2015 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
Hi :)

This is an old, abandoned Industrial island. Research was being done to increase the ability and convince of Plumbbob technology for clean power. Something went terribly wrong... someone must have gone on a donut run and wasn't watching the screen. Then things went terribly wrong.... No one was able to correct the problem when it was found all the Engineers had gone to Comic com. Now it's here, empty and slowly sinking into the ocean. ~by Rflong7/13 I hope you like it! =D

Small world -18.6MB
Expansions-Most (not ITF)
No 64x64 lots
All regular spawners
64 lots- 2 ports/2 Dive lots/1 beach
1 built lot- a park. :)
*Riverview used*

There are a few lots priced for the
Apocalypse Challenge and maybe 1 for the Legacy Challenge.

I did make this for the Apocalypse challenge for people who might need a small world to play even as I was making a rundown world for another player. Two in one kinda thing. :)
It has the Bridgeport inis so weather can be overcast and the water muddy. =]
CAW Files Here -if you wanna play with them- ini files included if you want them, too. :mrgreen:

original.jpg
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8679358

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Screenshot-2_zpscifkwgab.jpg

Screenshot_zpszahbywju.jpg

Screenshot-5_zpsgwvvt4i8.jpg

Screenshot-7_zpsehptjucf.jpg

Let me know if there are any problems and I'll fix them if I can. Thanks so much for checking it out! :mrgreen:
Post edited by Rflong7 on

Comments

• jje10001jje10001 Posts: 87 Member
    Looks great! I like the terrain painting :)
  • flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    @Rflong7 Another beautiful world!!! I still want to sit and pick your brain about your terrain paint skills, such a wonderful job!!!!!
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    Very cool, maybe one of these days I'll do some kind of apocalyptic thing. Beautiful as always.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

Thanks so much for the wonderful comments! @jje10001 @flstrider @Clayworld :D

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Did you do any changes since I downloaded....way back at birth? This reminds me of how amazing this world looks. Now you've triggered me to get busy.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    edited June 2015
    Did you do any changes since I downloaded....way back at birth? This reminds me of how amazing this world looks. Now you've triggered me to get busy.

Hi :D

Yes, I added more lots, another smaller dive lot, I added the larger dock lot on the quay and put two docks with launches on the map. The lots are all named and a few with added priced/(-30/-20) view buffs.

I think that's all... edited the path to the mine for both water and land and a few more weeds to the world. And I forgot which expansions I used so I put most of them. ~Lol :D

*I made sure the bridge works and that they can play in the water at the beach.

Rflong7 wrote: »

Yes, I added more lots, another smaller dive lot, I added the larger dock lot on the quay and put two docks with launches on the map. The lots are all named and a few with added priced/(-30/-20) view buffs.

I think that's all... edited the path to the mine for both water and land and a few more weeds to the world. And I forgot which expansions I used so I put most of them. ~Lol :D

It'll still work if I don't have the EP installed right?

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    edited June 2015

Which EPs don't you have? :(

You have to have Ambitions for the bridge, Late Night for the retaining walls and items, Riverview for the water tower, World Adventures for the trees and spawners/some items...

Which EPs don't you have? :(

You have to have Ambitions for the bridge, Late Night for the retaining walls and items, Riverview for the water tower, World Adventures for the trees and spawners/some items...

I Have them all but the only ones I keep installed are WA,LN,Ambitions and Supernatural.

edited June 2015

I Have them all but the only ones I keep installed are WA,LN,Ambitions and Supernatural.

That should be okay. While there will be docks and dive lots, your game won't recognize them as that and you can either delete the built docks and use them how you want.

It'd been so long I forgot what I was supposed to use and not. :blush:
    *Added the CAW Files Here -if anyone wants to mess with them plus I put in the ini files I used, too. :mrgreen:
  • LeoraMartinLeoraMartin Posts: 33 Member
    What a cool world! :smiley:
    Thank you! @LeoraMartin :mrgreen:
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    You did such a great job! The post-apocalyptic atmosphere was caught really well.
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    Thanks for the CAW and ini files. Someday, maybe I will complete a world.
    Thanks! @Shadecaster101 :mrgreen:

Sure! I hope you like them and have fun with them, @Clayworld :mrgreen:
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    OMG I LOVE THIS! SO MUCH!
  • Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    Amazing! I love it! Thank you!

I'll tell you guys.....if you think the pictures are amazing you should download the world and look at it first hand. You can't believe the detail.
    You are right @PHOEBESMOM601 - I downloaded it and am having such a great time prepping it for my next game. I love the spawners Rflong placed at the 'park'. Funny and oddly realistic.
    You are right @PHOEBESMOM601 - I downloaded it and am having such a great time prepping it for my next game. I love the spawners Rflong placed at the 'park'. Funny and oddly realistic.

When RfLong and I started talking about this world I wanted a neighborhood that would fit a poor/slum kind of place and when I saw the finished island I was amazed at the detail in it. I thought it so deserved an apocalyptic story.

Which way are you going? Post apocalypse? I was in the process of doing a zombie apocalypse and my DVD drive died.

If you use CC CycloneSue over at TSR has some amazing builds and building components. I've used so many of her items. I'm sad she won't be coming on board for TS4.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Cyclonesue/downloads/browse/category/sims3/skipsetitems/1
    I am intrigued and seriously hope you will post pics of your 'new' zombie world. You installed a new DVD drive, right? I cyber-zipped over to see CycloneSue's builds and immediately knew what you were talking about. Wow. So many of them would look amazing in Industrial Island.

Seems like I may have to work on two saves; one for my post apocalypse sims, and one for my rags to riches sims. I've been holding back on adding much CC, but this world may just be the exception to my self-inflicted rule. Thanks for the heads-up!!
  • flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    @Starsaphire2 Do not hesitate to use that CC from CycloneSue it is wonderful and causes no problems at all, I have all of their items in my "game" folder and love every bit of it. I have created several lots using it and it really does add so much great detail!
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

I am intrigued and seriously hope you will post pics of your 'new' zombie world. You installed a new DVD drive, right? I cyber-zipped over to see CycloneSue's builds and immediately knew what you were talking about. Wow. So many of them would look amazing in Industrial Island.

Seems like I may have to work on two saves; one for my post apocalypse sims, and one for my rags to riches sims. I've been holding back on adding much CC, but this world may just be the exception to my self-inflicted rule. Thanks for the heads-up!!

Nope didn't replace it. I'd rather put it toward a new computer. About a year and a half ago I got this laptop as a gift after my workhorse Toshiba died. It's an HP and it and I have never gotten along extremely well. What I'll do is a digital download since I have all my games registered. I may have to start over....but you have a good idea. One save for a bad neighborhood and one save for an overrun neighborhood. I wonder if there is a "mean" zombie mod out there.

flstrider wrote: »
    @Starsaphire2 Do not hesitate to use that CC from CycloneSue it is wonderful and causes no problems at all, I have all of their items in my "game" folder and love every bit of it. I have created several lots using it and it really does add so much great detail!

I think her stuff is great and I've never had a problem with her creations!