Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Chance (My Millionaire Challenge Story)

SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
Thank you for taking precious time out of your day to read my story. :)
Amanda%20Cozack_zpsrq2ncqac.png

So, here's my sim, the main character of this story - Amanda Cozack. I stole the last name from a friend of mine, and I think the first name really suits her... This story, unlike BlackSand's "The Deal," will mostly be in the form of a diary. :) It'll show the day-to-day life of my sim on her challenge. :3 I might include pictures every now and again.

Enjoy! :3

BlackSand's story: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837620/the-deal?new=1
Millionaire Challenge: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/836466/millionare-challenge/p1

EDIT: So, I'm going to be making this in chapters, each generation being a new chapter. But, I'll only start the next chapter when the new heir reaches their teenage years. Just click the link provided to go to that chapter/generation. :)
Prologue (backstory): http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13713377/#Comment_13713377
Chapter 1(Amanda): http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13713403/#Comment_13713403
Chapter 2(Alice): http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13750672/#Comment_13750672
Chapter 3(Emmet): http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13775753/#Comment_13775753
~Open your mind before your mouth~
Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
Post edited by SilentWolf101 on

Comments

• Options
    Prologue/ backstory

It started out like any normal day - mommy was busying herself in the kitchen, her younger sister was locked up in her room, fantasizing about her latest crush, and daddy was still nowhere to be found. But today wasn't just any ordinary day - today, she had graduated from high school and grown into a beautiful 19 year old woman.

Although she was a very smart girl - a genius, in fact - she knew college was not where she wanted to waste her life. Besides, she'd messed up in high school - she was a thief at heart, and she stole one too many things from the other students. Although some of them never noticed *AHEM, Olive Kipling*, those who did started rumors, and rumors spread quickly. She'd quickly lost all her friends, and she began to hate Bridgeport.

Now it was her chance to leave the nest, to make her own way in the world. And she would start with a couple thousand simoleons loaned to her by her mother - the entirety of her mother's money - and move to a small town known as Sunset Valley. When none of the houses there came to her liking, she decided to buy her own plot of land and build her own house. After buying a plot of land on 15 Summer Hill Court, she was only left with a thousand simoleons, with which she would attempt to save.

Her first order of business was to establish herself, and to potentially find somebody who would love her just as much as she would love them. She was a musician, fascinated by the ways of the guitar. But alas, she did not have one. With nothing but a thousand simoleons, her large plot of land, and the few clothes she packed, she was ready to make her way into this world. And this, my friends, is where Amanda's story begins.
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    (AN: I'll post a picture of Xander Clavell here within the next couple diary entries. I'd edited him in CAS. I changed his hairstyle, changed his clothes, and changed his personality traits to make him a heck of a lot more appealing. She'd already found him attractive before I edited him, so it didn't change that)
    Chapter 1
    Day 1
    Dear diary,

I met somebody. His name is Xander Clavell, and he's really nice, not to mention really cute. He has blonde hair and these beautiful bluish grey eyes, and he's a total sweetheart. He's a vegetarian, which is something I could never quite do, and he's very excitable. It's kind of cute, to be honest. And he's so brave - he used to be in the military, but he got released after taking a bullet to the shoulder trying to protect his comrade. Sadly, he's unable to do any sort of work right now... He's athletic, but he doesn't brag about anything. Instead, he's mostly focused on me and my interests and what makes me happy...

I think I've already met the one. I don't even care if he can't work.

We started dating, and it didn't take long for us to decide to move in together in my place. He had a thousand dollars on him as well, which is going to be helpful if we are ever going to build this house. I know this may sound crazy, but I love him. And by the end of the day, we had secretly been wed on my front lawn.

Just as the sun was starting to set, a few neighbors came by to say hello and welcome me to the neighborhood. Mrs Vita Alto and her daughter Holly Alto seem like very sweet girls. Vita said that her husband was out at work or something and that he wouldn't be home until the next day, so I didn't get to meet him, but they invited me and Xander over for Dinner. Since we didn't exactly have anything resembling a house yet, they let us stay the night at their place. By the way, they are filthy stinking rich.

I kind of feel bad for thinking/saying this, but it's not fair! Mother had to work her entire life until her hair turned gray and started falling out, and she could still barely afford to take care of me and my sister. Then these Altos don't have to work a day in their life, and they don't have to worry about a penny they spend! They have a bran new guitar that they haven't even touched yet, and they each have a computer plus a laptop stowed away in it's own large room, and a single treadmill in a room, and an easel just for their daughter, and every room has a dresser.

As much as I hate to admit this, I stole a few things from them. But can you blame me? I have nothing over here. They won't miss a thing, right? I mean, they never used any of it...
  • Options
    Day 2
    Dear Diary,

Sunset Valley is much different than Bridgeport ever was - most of the people are nicer, there is a heck of a lot more sunshine, there are no bars or clubs, and there's a really nice, old fashioned library! It looks so much better than the pathetic library in Bridgeport. There aren't any apartments, though, which I suppose is kind of nice - I always hated apartments...

We didn't stay the whole night at the Altos family - I couldn't bear the unfairness. We went home (with a brand new, shiny white guitar, of course), And we started putting some things together, and I think we've finally got a semblance of a house. Xander went out early in the morning to buy some paint for the walls, and I laid down the wood I got for free from the department store just outside of town.

I took my guitar and started teaching myself how to play out in the park today. It was really amazing, though I haven't received any tips yet. I think tomorrow I'm going to head over to the book store and see if they have any guitar songs I can learn to make even more money!

Other than that, today was pretty uneventful.
  • Options
    Day 3
    Dear Diary,

WE WERE ROBBED THIS MORNING! Thank goodness I installed that burglar alarm last night... Xander was about to beat up the robber when the cops showed up. Luckily, nothing was stolen... I've never been more scared in my life!

For the most part, I played my guitar in the park in the hopes of earning a little bit more money to save and put into building our house. Today, Xander and I talked about trying to have a baby, but I'm not quite sure I'm ready for that kind of responsibility. I mean, we've only been married for two days... And I'm only 19. He's 21, so it's not that big of a difference, but still. I made a bunch of new friends today, like Mrs Nancy Landgrabb and Dustin Langerak. Dustin asked me out on a date, but I turned him down because I'm in love with my Xander! I even impressed a celebrity named Tori Kimuna, I believe. Now, I'm famous! Sure, just a level one celebrity, but I'm famous!

I met a girl named Bella Bachelor, and I found out from her that she had a crush on the son of the founders of the town, Mortimer Goth. If I ever meet him, maybe I could try to help hook her up. It would be the least I could do for such a cute little girl...

Today, Xander got invited to a party of his old friend's, and he wouldn't go without me. So we got to hang out together at a party, the first party I've ever been to in my life! I couldn't help messing with the girl, though - I convinced her to go kiss some guy. Sadly, it didn't quite work out too well for her. But that's not quite my problem, is it?

Oh, also, I kind of stole a few things from the host of the party. Just a few lights and a poster... Also everything in their bathroom, but they didn't notice a thing, so it's okay.

I'm gonna make a career out of playing this guitar, I promise.
  • Options
    Day 4
    Dear Diary,

Today, I learned a new song on the guitar called "Yes Ma'am, I do." It's really fun to play! After I learned the song on the guitar, I went out to the park again to try to play for some tips. I've always dreamed of starting a band, and maybe someday, that could happen...

The bills came today. These are the cheapest bills I've ever seen - only a dollar for the entirety of the lot and house!

I harvested another apple tree, and I'm hoping that maybe one day, I'll be able to start an apple farm. Then I'd have all the apples I could ever need!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Day 5
    Dear Diary,

Today, Xander took me out on another date.

First, we went to a public pool and spent a couple hours swimming, then relaxed in the chairs off to the side. He'd looked over at me, and he promised that someday, we would have our own pool.

Right after he said that, Dustin called me again and asked if I would like to go out on a date. Once again, I turned him down. Xander trusted me and told him to leave me alone as well, that I was married. Some people...

Then, Xander took me out to the park and we spent the time cuddling on a bench and watching the fish swim around in the little pond.

After, at around noon, he took me out to lunch at the Bistro, which, might I add, is a very expensive place. But, I don't mind - I was there with him, and it was wonderful. I had Autumn Salad cooked to perfection, and he had ratatouille that smelled amazing. I might have to try to cook that for us some day...

We sat at the tables at the bistro for a while talking, then we went across the street to the theater and saw a movie called Weeping With Irony. When the owner of the theater caught wind that I was there, he cut the price of the movie in half for us.

After the movie, we had a quick picnic at the park, then he drove me home, and we had a lot more fun than I thought possible. I probably should have used protection or something, but I was a bit too caught up in the moment.

This was the best day of my entire life, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Afterwords, we worked late into the night to build a fireplace to keep warm. It looks lovely!
  • Options
    Day 6
    Dear Diary,

I hate everything! It's so horrible! Xander, the love of my life, is DEAD! And I wasn't even there to help him!!!!! I went out to try to make some money for us by playing my guitar, and a fire started, and, and, and... He's deaaaaaaaaddddd! Why didn't we ever invest in a fire alarm?!? The firemen could have saved him! Why did I have to leave? I COULD HAVE SAVED HIM!

Somebody told me that the good news was the only thing that burned down was the fireplace. Apparently, he had fell asleep by the fireplace, and it caught him and the fireplace on fire. He made the choice of putting out the fireplace first, and he ended up smoldering to ashes!

I don't even want to do anything anymore... I just want to curl up in bed and starve and... And... I JUST WANT MY XANDER BACK!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Day 6 (Continued)
    Dear Diary,

It's been a few hours since... The event. I've managed to collect myself a little bit, enough to be able to think rationally again.

I can't afford a funeral right now, so I put his ashes in an urn and placed them on a table inside. I love him with all my heart, and I don't know what I'm going to do without him.

Actually, I do know. I'm going to play the guitar. I'm going to make money for us. I'm going to build the house of our dreams. And I'm going to keep my promise - that my love with forever remain with him.

After I finish this diary entry, I'm just going to go to bed, and I'm going to hope that this was all just a horrible nightmare, and that I'll wake up and he'll be beside me in the morning...

I've put a picture of him here so that I can always remember him, and so that I will never forget the way he looks...

Xander%20Clavell%20revamped_zpslmn5x86s.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Day 6 (continued again)
    Dear Diary,

It turns out that I'm pregnant with his child. I don't know how I could raise a child on my own...

I've been invited to a party - Hank Goddards party. I'll go just to get my mind off of him. I don't know if I could ever love a person ever again... I couldn't stay long at the party - the happiness was just too overwhelming.

I'm just going to go to bed now... Good night.
  • Options
    Day 7
    Dear Diary,

I went to another party, but this time I managed to tough through the whole thing. I played the guitar there, which I think is the only reason I made it through the party. Then, I went out to the park for the first time in a long time, and I played the guitar for tips. I made 50 simoleons in tips, but I also got an opportunity. If I make 500 simoleons in tips, Hank Goddard will give me some cash.
  • Options
    Day 8
    Dear Diary,

I went out to the park again today and played for tips, but was interrupted when I saw somebody else playing the guitar. His name was Christopher Steel, and he's pretty good. So, I went over to him and asked him if he wanted to start a band. He said yes, so that's good news.

Maybe things are starting to look up for me...

Come to find out, he'd recently been kicked out of his house. So, I offered for him to move into my place, being friends and band members and all. I got rid of the fireplace, so there's no worry about fire anymore. He brought with him his own car, a Sloppy Jalopy, much more outdated than Xander's Wornado Triage. But, it's a car, and what right do I have to tell him that he can't have that car?

I went to the library this afternoon and read up on how to garden so that I can take care of some apple trees for food, that way I don't have to worry about picnics or eating out or cooking at home and setting off another fire...

Also, at exactly 7:46 pm, I had my baby. His name is Dylan, and just based off the amount of kicking he did in my tummy, I'm almost positive he's going to be some kind of athlete.

Soon after he was born, I bought my first television.. It's a pretty nice TV, and it hang sup on the wall to take up less space, which is convenient. Maybe tonight I will watch a bit of gardening and see if I can learn anything...
  • Options
    Day 9
    Dear Diary,

Christopher is a jerk. Not only did he force me into a relationship last night, but he forced me into bed with him, and then he... I can't even write it out. He left early this morning, but when he gets back, I'm kicking him out. I don't even care if he doesn't have anywhere else to stay. He can live on the street for all I care. I was just trying to be nice to him, and he... He took advantage of me!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Day 9 (continued)
    Dear Diary,
    Well, he left on his own - but not after breaking my laptop. And now, everybody around town is spreading rumors about me! It's turning into Bridgeport all over again! But this time, I have nowhere else to go!

I just don't want to be alone right now...

For as cute as he was, I thought he would be a lot nicer...
    Christopher%20Steel%20revamped_zpsyoe1fw9v.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Day 10
    Dear Diary,

I stayed up all night watching TV, and I'm not sorry.

After everything that's happened, I really don't want to be alone right now. So, I invited Dustin Langerak over. And I accidentally kind of sort of asked him to move in with me. So now, I'm stuck with him. Well, at least he's relatively cute... He reminds me of some kind of angel stuck on Earth with all his white clothing...

Also, I just found out that Christopher had gotten me pregnant as well. I don't want this child. I didn't ask for any of this!

I need to get married again before even more rumors start...
    Dustin%20Langerak_zpslsvhblqf.png
  • Options
    Day 10 (Continued)
    Dear Diary,

I married Dustin, then confessed to cheating on Christopher with him. He's not very happy with me, but at the moment, I don't care. I just don't want the rumors to start again...

He said he would eventually forgive me, though, so there's a chance here. I feel like he's hiding something from me, though...

I need to go to bed before I make myself paranoid. Or, at least, more so than I already am.
  • Options
    Day 10 (continued)
    Dear Diary,

He broke it off with me. There's no chance, nothing to save me now.

But, right afterwords, I saw Xander again. Or, I saw his ghost. We talked, and I told him about his son, about everything I've done since I lost him, about how I've kept my promises. He wasn't mad at me for being with other men, not at all. He still loved me. But I can't be with somebody who is dead while I'm alive...

I've decided that I'm going to go after trying to bring him back, no matter what it takes! And if I can't do that, then I'll go with him.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Day 11
    Dear Diary,

Dustin left, I'm married to Styles, and I refuse to admit to cheating. I don't want the rumors to start again... Today is Dylan's birthday - he's a child now, going to elementary school. Stiles and I had a bit of fun in our new empty mansion-sized house... But it was nothing like what Xander and I had...
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    I love this :)
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    br560 wrote: »
    I love this :)
    Thank you!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    *deleted*
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    *deleted*
  • Options
    EvaKoukEvaKouk Posts: 340 Member
    I really want this to keep going though :o;)

Great job at writing a diary :smiley:
    Hey! Don't be a stranger!

My Page - My Studio - My Massive Thank You Thread

All the love as always! x
  • Options
    @EvaKouk It will. :)
  • Options
    Day 12
    Dear Diary,
    So, today, I realized that I'm done being married. I'm done having tons of relationships. So, tomorrow, I'm going to divorce Stiles, and I'm going to figure out a way to bring back Xander. Because I need him.

Most of today, I just played the guitar for tips at the park, and I brought Dylan with me so that he could hopefully make some friends as well. But he didn't seem too interested in people, mostly just played on the swings. I wonder if he's always going to be like that...
  • Options
    Day 13
    Dear Diary,
    I promise I was going to divorce Christopher, I swear! But... I kind of found out that I was pregnant with Dustin's child. And then I did the thing with Stiles... God, what have I done?

I couldn't tell Stiles, so I went to the park and played my guitar all day.

I've decided that once this is all over and I've got my Xander back, I'm moving back into Bridgeport and I'm going to try again there. It seems like my only hope so far...