Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC Not showing up in CAS

Comments

• Options
    MihaiseleverMihaiselever Posts: 15 New Member
    Thank you!! But the problem was that i was putting to many cc at the same time... i put the exact same cc and now it works!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Thank you!! But the problem was that i was putting to many cc at the same time... i put the exact same cc and now it works!

It is great that it is working now :)
  • Options
    crazyclaudiacrazyclaudia Posts: 5 New Member
    My CC stopped working. I have been looking through this thread and nothing is working. I tried deleting my sims 4 folder and then uninstaling my game and reinstalling it. Are you only able to use a certain amount of cc at a time. By this point in time I think I broke my game and wont be able to use custom content again. PLZ HELP!!
  • Options
    My CC stopped working. I have been looking through this thread and nothing is working. I tried deleting my sims 4 folder and then uninstaling my game and reinstalling it. Are you only able to use a certain amount of cc at a time. By this point in time I think I broke my game and wont be able to use custom content again. PLZ HELP!!

Hello
    Try checking to make sure that you only have sims 4 cc in the mods folder, and not a sims 2 or sims 3 cc file as well.

If you still have issues, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

There isn't a game-limit to how much cc you can use, but, system specs can DEFINITELY affect how much extra stuff you can add to Sims4 before it hits a performance wall. (Just had this happen to someone at MC's "other" site.)

Broken files are another pitfall, but your "certain amount" question did make me think of the other guy's situation... so I wanted to mention it. I play on a toaster (HP Notebook)... it's a legit issue.

You have checked all your mods and cc since the last patch, to make sure they're still working? Ongoing file upkeep is part of using cc or mods. Breaks are going to happen, and sometimes they don't make any obvious sense.

When I'm fixing a broken game, I'm a lot more interested in what works, than I am in what makes sense.

Try a vanilla game. If it works fine, you have files that need to be updated. The trick will be to find them, but if you take everything out and put it back SLOWLY (small batches, frequent tests), it's not terribly difficult to pick out the bad files and check their sites for news.
  • Options
    saltyllamasimmersaltyllamasimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi there, I just updated my game and turned my custom content and script mods back on in settings but although the cc is there, all the sims that previously had outfits with cc on isn't showing up? Is there a way to solve this or will I have to put the cc back on each sim, which I don't mind, but it's a pain...
  • Options
    Hi there, I just updated my game and turned my custom content and script mods back on in settings but although the cc is there, all the sims that previously had outfits with cc on isn't showing up? Is there a way to solve this or will I have to put the cc back on each sim, which I don't mind, but it's a pain...

Hello @saltyllamasimmer
    When you went into the game to turn back on the mods/cc and script mods, did you save the game before exiting? If you did, you have saved the game without your sims wearing cc. If this is what has happened, you can rolling back your save game file to an earlier version before you saved the game. These links explain how to do that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1

• Options
    saltyllamasimmersaltyllamasimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @saltyllamasimmer
    When you went into the game to turn back on the mods/cc and script mods, did you save the game before exiting? If you did, you have saved the game without your sims wearing cc. If this is what has happened, you can rolling back your save game file to an earlier version before you saved the game. These links explain how to do that.
    I feel like an idiot for not figuring that one out.

Thanks that's really helpful :)

• Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @saltyllamasimmer
    I feel like an plum for not figuring that one out.

Thanks that's really helpful :)

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    Jenny12000Jenny12000 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'd like to add that I just put in a background mod for CAS and it worked, however, none of my CC are working. And it can't be that they're bad because I grab from all over and they're up to date with my Sims.
    Help, anyone???

I think I kinda found a solution, do view custom content in game then do that same order in your mods folder. If it doesnt work try to wait for a update then do enable mods. Then if it works once but doesnt work twice (like log in once and mode work, but work then log back twice but doesnt). Go to your sims 4 folder and add back the mods (you only know if you experienced) Do it again and again until it works.
  • Options
    Jenny12000Jenny12000 Posts: 2 New Member
    Jenny12000 wrote: »
    I'd like to add that I just put in a background mod for CAS and it worked, however, none of my CC are working. And it can't be that they're bad because I grab from all over and they're up to date with my Sims.
    Help, anyone???

I think I kinda found a solution, do view custom content in game then do that same order in your mods folder. If it doesnt work try to wait for a update then do enable mods. Then if it works once but doesnt work twice (like log in once and mods work, but work then log back twice but doesnt). Go to your sims 4 folder and add back the mods (you only know if you experienced) Do it again and again until it works.

• Options
    DextrakDextrak Posts: 2 New Member
    i got this problem too downloaded alot of cc and only 2 of them actually worked,anyone can help ?
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Dextrak wrote: »
    i got this problem too downloaded alot of cc and only 2 of them actually worked,anyone can help ?

Hej there, the CC you downloaded that doesn't work what do the files end with package, zip or RAR? only package files will show up in your game you will need to unzip any files that end with zip or RAR place the now unzipped package files in your game and they should show up.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options

Hello @Dextrak
    Make sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file, if they come in zipped or rar formats, like lilonesub has posted.
    Try placing the package files directly into the mods folder without being in sub folders.
    Check that the files are for sims 4, and not for sims 2 or 3.
    Try downloading cc from a different site to where you downloaded your current cc from, and see if that appears.

• Options
    DextrakDextrak Posts: 2 New Member
    @lilonesub @rosemow i downloaded the cc from the sim ressources so all the files end with package and they when i launch the game,it show me the list of all cc i put in the mod folders also id think there is any sims2,sims3 files since i only searched sims4 files in that website
  • Options
    @lilonesub @rosemow i downloaded the cc from the sim ressources so all the files end with package and they when i launch the game,it show me the list of all cc i put in the mod folders also id think there is any sims2,sims3 files since i only searched sims4 files in that website

Hello
    Try testing by downloading cc from another site such as modthesims and see if that cc appears in your game.
  • Options
    SPONGEBOB2772SPONGEBOB2772 Posts: 10 New Member
    I cannot post a forum thread sadly because I'm only a new member so I thought I'd come here to post a problem I've been having.
    I'm having a CC problem related to default skins.
    I have only one skin, but its multiple package files of the same skin relating to one for male sims, one for female sims and one for children.

The skin is "Madmono's knight default skin"
    I have cleared all cache files. I have tried moving it out of the mods folder, start the game, close, then put it back into the mods folder and try again.
    I've also tried to use S4pe and combine the package files into one smaller package file to see if that would work, it refused to work.

-----
    I used to have LOADS of sims 4 skins. The Madmono's skin worked with I had all these other skins installed, but I realised I only wanted that single skin because the other skins just weren't appealing so I deleted the rest and kept Madmono's skin, however it just refused to come up in the default skin section after this happened.

Is there anyway I can get this skin working? It just wont load at all!
  • Options
    I cannot post a forum thread sadly because I'm only a new member so I thought I'd come here to post a problem I've been having.
    I'm having a CC problem related to default skins.
    I have only one skin, but its multiple package files of the same skin relating to one for male sims, one for female sims and one for children.

The skin is "Madmono's knight default skin"
    I have cleared all cache files. I have tried moving it out of the mods folder, start the game, close, then put it back into the mods folder and try again.
    I've also tried to use S4pe and combine the package files into one smaller package file to see if that would work, it refused to work.

I used to have LOADS of sims 4 skins. The Madmono's skin worked with I had all these other skins installed, but I realised I only wanted that single skin because the other skins just weren't appealing so I deleted the rest and kept Madmono's skin, however it just refused to come up in the default skin section after this happened.

Is there anyway I can get this skin working? It just wont load at all!

Helo
    The cc may have been broken as a result of a recent patch. There may be another simmer who was or is using that skin , who can post if they too had or are having issues with it.
  • Options
    osakue123osakue123 Posts: 5 New Member
    I have the same problem. I Installed a few CC and mods around February and downloaded a bunch last night. However, only the ones from February will show. I have tried everything. I have made sure script mod is turned on in the game, I deleted all the CC's I have but the old ones STILL appear in the game. I have edited the resource.cfg file, Ive repaired and updated the game at least 5 times. Does anyone have any advice for me? Or could anyone tell me where I need to go to to get help?
  • Options
    osakue123 wrote: »
    I have the same problem. I Installed a few CC and mods around February and downloaded a bunch last night. However, only the ones from February will show. I have tried everything. I have made sure script mod is turned on in the game, I deleted all the CC's I have but the old ones STILL appear in the game. I have edited the resource.cfg file, Ive repaired and updated the game at least 5 times. Does anyone have any advice for me? Or could anyone tell me where I need to go to to get help?
    Hello @osakue123
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.

• Options
    @> @rosemow said:
    > osakue123 wrote: »
    >
    > I have the same problem. I Installed a few CC and mods around February and downloaded a bunch last night. However, only the ones from February will show. I have tried everything. I have made sure script mod is turned on in the game, I deleted all the CC's I have but the old ones STILL appear in the game. I have edited the resource.cfg file, Ive repaired and updated the game at least 5 times. Does anyone have any advice for me? Or could anyone tell me where I need to go to to get help?
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @osakue123
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    > Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if th@osakue123

I have a mac so that does not work@osakue123
  • Options
    @rosemow I have a mac so that does not work with me.
  • Options
    Thank you . @rosemow