Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC Not showing up in CAS

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    edited January 2018
    @rosemow I hope I'm not rushing you but I'm starting to get very stressed out because everything I've tried hasn't worked. I put sims in windowed mode on accident and now whenever I open the game it will just say that it's not responding and crash, then make me restart my laptop. Please please please help me asap.

Hello @brieecheesee
    Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
  • brieecheeseebrieecheesee Posts: 5 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > brieecheesee wrote: »
    >
    > @rosemow I hope I'm not rushing you but I'm starting to get very stressed out because everything I've tried hasn't worked. I put sims in windowed mode on accident and now whenever I open the game it will just say that it's not responding and crash, then make me restart my laptop. Please please please help me asap.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @brieecheesee
    > Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    > To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    > Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    > You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    > Type dxdiag in the text field
    > Click OK
    > Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    >
    > After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site -
    > and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste - text file.
    > Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the --- in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t @brieecheesee

It got very serious recently and has absolutely trashed the entire game so I posted on the EA website. Here is what i said: Today I updated my Sims 4 and it was going smoothly. I played sims a little bit before actually doing the update and it was fine. I then did the update and began playing again. After opening the game it said that my custom content had been disabled so I enabled it once again. Then I did that about 50 more times and it would always disable itself. After getting extremely sick of doing it when I re-opened sims for the final time it said it wasn't responding but didn't crash. Instead it went into a tiny window with the only options available being the exit, minimize and full screen options. I couldn't do anything else, couldn't even see the game. I thought it was just a one time thing so I opened it up again... And again and again and again. Nothing has worked, I've deleted disk space, I've gone into the depths of my computer, checked all my CC, nothing is wrong with my computer it's the game. My computer was a little slow at first anyways but clearing disk space helped that. Now my only problem is Sims. Please tell me what to do to actually fix this without re-installing the game.

I sent an error report to Origin and it said my code number was (can't post link). I've only been playing Sims since Christmas and I'm really upset (yes I cried a little) because I'd spent so much time and effort trying to play the game and now I can't even load the game! Please help! Origin is working fine it's just the game!
    edited January 2018
    > @rosemow said:
    > brieecheesee wrote: »
    >
    > @rosemow I hope I'm not rushing you but I'm starting to get very stressed out because everything I've tried hasn't worked. I put sims in windowed mode on accident and now whenever I open the game it will just say that it's not responding and crash, then make me restart my laptop. Please please please help me asap.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @brieecheesee
    > Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    > To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    > Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    > You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    > Type dxdiag in the text field
    > Click OK
    > Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    >
    > After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site -
    > and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste - text file.
    > Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the --- in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t @brieecheesee

It got very serious recently and has absolutely trashed the entire game so I posted on the EA website. Here is what i said: Today I updated my Sims 4 and it was going smoothly. I played sims a little bit before actually doing the update and it was fine. I then did the update and began playing again. After opening the game it said that my custom content had been disabled so I enabled it once again. Then I did that about 50 more times and it would always disable itself. After getting extremely sick of doing it when I re-opened sims for the final time it said it wasn't responding but didn't crash. Instead it went into a tiny window with the only options available being the exit, minimize and full screen options. I couldn't do anything else, couldn't even see the game. I thought it was just a one time thing so I opened it up again... And again and again and again. Nothing has worked, I've deleted disk space, I've gone into the depths of my computer, checked all my CC, nothing is wrong with my computer it's the game. My computer was a little slow at first anyways but clearing disk space helped that. Now my only problem is Sims. Please tell me what to do to actually fix this without re-installing the game.

I sent an error report to Origin and it said my code number was (can't post link). I've only been playing Sims since Christmas and I'm really upset (yes I cried a little) because I'd spent so much time and effort trying to play the game and now I can't even load the game! Please help! Origin is working fine it's just the game!

Hello @brieecheesee

I am sorry that you are having these issues. I send a hug to you <3

Move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then try to start the game. If you can start the game, a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated folders with the old folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    Then go into game options, enablec cc/mods and script mods settings. Exit the game. Reload the game and see if the issues remain,

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

If you are still unable to,load your game, could you please post your DXDiag info like I posted in the above post.
  • Alex_Da_Bug1231Alex_Da_Bug1231 Posts: 36 New Member
    hi, I recently downloaded a bunch of cc but when I went into my game, none of it was there. I organized my mods folder, I turned the game on and off, and I tried switching the "enable custom content" button but nothing has worked. Is there any easy way I can fix this without deleting my custom content? Thank you.
    hi, I recently downloaded a bunch of cc but when I went into my game, none of it was there. I organized my mods folder, I turned the game on and off, and I tried switching the "enable custom content" button but nothing has worked. Is there any easy way I can fix this without deleting my custom content? Thank you.

Hello
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the cc appears then.
    Also, makecsure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file, if they come in zipped :or rar formats. The package files then go into the mods folder.
    Try placing the package files directly into the mods folder without being in sub folders.
    Check that the files are for sims 4, and not for sims 2 or 3.
    I tried what you said and it still isnt working. There is no mods or cc what so ever. Any other tips?
    I tried what you said and it still isnt working. There is no mods or cc what so ever. Any other tips?

Was a new mods folder generated?
    yes, and I moved all the old mods and cc that I had from desktop to the new folder, just as you said.
    yes, and I moved all the old mods and cc that I had from desktop to the new folder, just as you said.

Try downloading some cc from a different site and test to see if that cc appears.

Also. try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    I tried deleting the cache files and I tried downloading other cc but nothing worked. I realized that I forgot to update origin so i thought maybe that was the problem but it wasn't. Sorry for wasting your time :neutral:
    I tried deleting the cache files and I tried downloading other cc but nothing worked. I realized that I forgot to update origin so i thought maybe that was the problem but it wasn't. Sorry for wasting your time :neutral:

You aren’t wasting my time! I am sorry that you are having these issues,
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.

Alright. I already have my Sims 4 folders in desktop but I will try the other things you say and get back to you soon
    I tried and I'm starting to lose hope already. I will give you info on what is on my desktop, where I got my cc, and more so that maybe it could help. Well, first of all, my mods and sims 4 folders are on the desktop. I got my cc from scattered websites but I download it with sim file share. I have quite a bit and I downloaded it all at once so maybe that's the problem.
    I tried and I'm starting to lose hope already. I will give you info on what is on my desktop, where I got my cc, and more so that maybe it could help. Well, first of all, my mods and sims 4 folders are on the desktop. I got my cc from scattered websites but I download it with sim file share. I have quite a bit and I downloaded it all at once so maybe that's the problem.

I am just checking. Are you using a windows pc and not a Mac?

Go to game options and check again that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc appears then .

Try copying and pasting just a few of the cc package files directiy into the Documents -Electronic Arts - sims 4 -mods folder. and see if they appear.
    yes, I am using a windows computer ! has that been the problem? I did check and they are ticked but I will check again.
    yes, I am using a windows computer ! has that been the problem? I did check and they are ticked but I will check again.

Using windows is not a problem. I just wanted to make sure that you weren’t using a Mac as I don’t use one either.
    Oh, alright! Well I did what you said and I made sure they were ticked and I also moved some custom content folders to the new mods folder.
    It still didnt work though so I think im going to delete some of the cc and see if that allows my game to work! thanks, if you have any other suggestions, go ahead and tell me!
    Oh, alright! Well I did what you said and I made sure they were ticked and I also moved some custom content folders to the new mods folder.
    It still didnt work though so I think im going to delete some of the cc and see if that allows my game to work! thanks, if you have any other suggestions, go ahead and tell me!

Do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead. One Drive can cause issues,

If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.
    So what do I search in the search bar, mods? and no I don't use one drive.
    never mind, alright so no there is no other mod folder that the game could be using. I do have a question, for the mod and sims 4 folders that are on desktop, should I delete them or keep them there? thanks
    never mind, alright so no there is no other mod folder that the game could be using. I do have a question, for the mod and sims 4 folders that are on desktop, should I delete them or keep them there? thanks

It would be best to keep them there at the moment as they are backup copies in case issues arise whilst you are testing to try to work what is the cause of your cc /mods issues.
    I actually think im going to restart the game so can you please inform me on how to do that?
    I actually think im going to restart the game so can you please inform me on how to do that?

To start a new game, go to the Sims 4 main screen and press the “ new” button. This will take you into cas, where you can create or add from the gallery or your library a sims household to play in the new save game.
    I'm not really sure what to do anymore, I have tried everything so I think I'm just going to delete most of my cc
    thanks for all your help
    I'm not really sure what to do anymore, I have tried everything so I think I'm just going to delete most of my cc
    thanks for all your help

You’re welcome. I am sorry that you are having this issue :(