Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Lockwood Legacy: Gen 2 *50th Chapter 9/11/15*

Comments

• Options
    dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member
    Finally caught up. YAY!!! They are going to have a baby so exciting. So happy they are getting married as well and are back together. Can't wait to see what her parents think of Gwen. Is it a mod that you used for her to get pregnant. If so what mod and where did you get it? If you don't mind me asking.
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    Finally caught up. YAY!!! They are going to have a baby so exciting. So happy they are getting married as well and are back together. Can't wait to see what her parents think of Gwen. Is it a mod that you used for her to get pregnant. If so what mod and where did you get it? If you don't mind me asking.

I'm glad you're enjoying the story :)

The mod I used is same sex pregnancy by Aren over at modthesims

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=555389

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Here is today's update :)

calmness-gone.png

The days until Cassie's parents visit had quickly flown by, and with them so had gone Gwen's pretense at being perfectly okay with meeting them. This combined with the continued growth of her belly and the shifts in her hormone levels had left Gwen a nervous wreck as she frantically darted around the kitchen cleaning any surface she could get her hands on.

Cassie could only watch in confusion as Gwen had determinedly made her way through the house. She'd offered to help but Gwen had insisted on doing it herself.

taking-out-trash.png

With that attitude Gwen had cleaned the house from top to bottom. Trash had been taken out.

toilet.png

The bathrooms had been scrubbed

shower1.png

Even the showers had been cleaned until they shined.

restart-dinner-multiple-times.png

And on top of this she'd started, and restarted, dinner multiple times in a desperate bid to make it perfect.

After cleaning off the counter for the seventh time that afternoon she hurried back to the stove to continue on her most recent attempt at fixing dinner but in her rush she managed to jostle the pan causing sauce to splatter all across the stove.

starts-cleaning-the-stove.png

"darn it" Gwen said irritably as she quickly set the pan aside and started to clean the stove top.

"Seriously Gwen calm down" Cassie chided gently "You're acting like a mad woman here. You cleaned the showers for crying out loud, a know my parents are going to arrrive soon but they're coming to visit not move in. You don't need to do all of this."

Gwen dodged around her for some more paper towels before heading back towards the stove top which she'd just about gotten cleaned.

worried.png

Cassie stepped in front of her blocking Gwen from getting to the stove.

"Gwen, stop and talk to me for a second. What's with you today? Is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine" Gwen said exasperatedly, "I just want everything to be perfect when your parents get here. This is my first impression and I really want them to like me."

Cassie laughed "Gwen, the house is cleaner than I've ever seen it already, you can relax a little. And of course they will like you, everything is going to be fine."

relax.png

Gwen looked unconvinced as she turned to try to wipe down the counters again. Cassie quickly caught her by the hands, pulling the blonde woman back to face her. "Gwen, just relax for a second. Come on, sit down for a minute and just talk to me for a second.

Gwen was reluctant but Cassie had a firm grip on her hands as she guided the pregnant woman over to the couch.

what-are-you-so-freaked-out-about.png

"Now" Cassie said as she pulled Gwen down into a sitting position on the couch, "What are you so freaked out about?"

"I'm not freaking out, I just want to make a good impression for your parents visit."

"And you will" Cassie said "How could you think they wouldn't?"

parents-dont-think-like-that.png

Gwen sighed "You love me right"

"Of course" Cassie said confused by the sudden question.

"And because of that you want to spend the rest of your life with me right?"

"Yes, I've told you this before, what is this all about?"

"Well parents don't always think like that." Gwen said with a stressed look on her face. "You look at me and you see me, and for you that's enough.... but to them I'm not me. I'm this woman they barely know, this woman who's looking to marry their little girl. Not to mention that I'm older than you by a good bit and am carrying your child, something they only learned about recently on top of the sudden announcement that we were going to get married to begin with."

"I just really want them to approve of us" Gwen said as her eyes drooped downward. "I want them to like me rather than me just being this older woman who's ensnared their daughter into marriage and parenthood."

As she looked back up though Cassie busted out laughing.

"That's what you're worried about?" Cassie said as she took Gwen's hand in hers. "That my parents will think you've 'ensnared' me?"

i-love-you-and-they-will-love-you.png

"Gwen I love you, and I have no doubt my parents will love you as well. They aren't here to judge you and they certainly aren't going to decide that I can't marry you. I've already made my decision and that's that I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and they know that. They just want to get a chance to know you."

"I'm just saying, I've seen this go badly before" Gwen said still unconvinced "Parent's aren't necessarily reasonable."

"What you've met a lot of parents?" Cassie said teasingly.

"Not a lot, but I've seen things go bad enough to know it doesn't always go like you may hope."

"Well this one will" Cassie said with confidence. "So just relax and trust me, my parents will adore you."

Gwen sighed leaning up against Cassie. Still unconvinced but wanting to trust what Cassie was saying.

"Alright, I really hope you're right."

"So will you take it easy?" Cassie asked.

"Yes" Gwen conceded "Though only because you're sure this will go okay."

"Good," Cassie said snuggling up against Gwen. "Then we can just relax and sit here like this until they get here. It's already 4:30 so it shouldn't be too much longer.

starting-over.png

"4:30!!!" Gwen shouted leaping up in shock. "I didn't realize it was that late, I still need to get dinner ready."

And like that Cassie shook her head as she watched Gwen hurry back to the kitchen to start over yet again as she tried to get dinner ready.

So much for taking it easy, Cassie thought. That thought however was interrupted by a knock on the front door.

cecilia-and-willow1.png

"They're here" Cassie called out as she hurried to the door and opened it to greet her parents, before she could get the words out though a different greeting reached them from the kitchen as the sound of falling pans rang throughout the house quickly followed by another loud swear from Gwen.

Cassie just shook her head and sighed. This was definitely going to be an interesting night.

And that's it for today. Thank you for reading :grin:
  • Options
    dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member

I'm glad you're enjoying the story :)

The mod I used is same sex pregnancy by Aren over at modthesims

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=555389

Great Update and Thanks for the link to the mod. :)
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales
  • Options
    Here is the next chapter

vegetable-tempura-is-terrible.png

The vegetable tempura was terrible. Despite Gwen's repeated attempts to make sure it was perfect the final result was simply not good and everyone knew it. Gwen grimaced as she set her fork down the taste in her mouth mixing with her already tense mood to make things even tougher than they already were. This was not the first impression she'd wanted to make.

awkward-silence.png

Meanwhile the rest of the table sat in awkward silence. Cassie tried to drum up conversation but Gwen's quickly drooping attitude was making things tough.

starts-cleaning-up.png

With the silence starting to weight on her Gwen quickly mumbled about how sorry she was and that she would clean up and made a beeline for the kitchen with the plates.

Behind her Willow and Cecilia glanced at each other, this wasn't how they'd expected the evening to go either.

i-swear-shes-usually-not-like-this.png

"I swear" Cassie said quietly to her parents "She isn't usually like this."

"Is everything okay honey?" Willow asked concerned.

"Yeah, she's just nervous. She really wants to make a good impression on you two. She's a bit worried that you might not like her because of how sudden all of this has been with the engagement and the baby and everything.

mischevious-smile.png

"Well then we'll just have to do something about that" Cecilia said with a mischievous smirk as she got up quietly and headed for the kitchen leaving Cassie sitting there wondering just what her mother was planning.

sneaking-up-behind.png

By this point Gwen had finished throwing away the lackluster tempura and had started washing the dishes.

"Really Gwen" she mumbled to herself "of all possible times to be a screw up why did it have to happen now. I just want them to like me, to approve of me and Cassie. Is that so much to ask without everything having to go wrong?"

surprise-hug.png

Suddenly Gwen let out a small yelp as Cecilia spun her around and wrapped her in a big hug. As Gwen stiffened up in response Cecilia couldn't help but laugh. "Just relax hon. We don't bite, I mean I may meddle a bit and Willow most certainly is going to fawn over you to like your her latest romance novel but we're not going to bite your head off."

From the other room Gwen heard Cassie and Willow burst out laughing.

The sudden jovial mood lifting her spirits a bit Gwen smiled slightly and returned the hug that Cecilia had her in.

"That a girl" Cecilia said happily "See, nothing to worry about or be afraid of. But seriously you're a terrible choice for our daughter and there is no way we're going to agree to this wedding so we would appreciate if you would stay away from her."

Gwen felt like she'd just gotten whiplash as the conversation suddenly veered into her worst fears.

"MOTHER!!!" Cassie yelled from the dining room.

"I was only joking" Cecilia said with a laugh leaving Gwen standing there unsure what to think.

"I know you were joking but that wasn't funny." Cassie replied sternly causing Willow to laugh.

"She's got your sternness down Cecilia, maybe she is ready to be a parent after all" Willow said with a laugh.

youre-going-to-be-family-so-relax.png

Cecilia turned back towards Gwen smiling reassuringly. "Really though, you're going to be family now so you can relax. We aren't here to judge you and you don't need our approval. Cassie has made her decision and we are going to stand by her choice. We're just here to get a chance to meet our soon to be daughter in law. Now come, lets sit on the couch and chat like normal folks instead of all this awkward silence."

parents-chat-while-cassie-orders-pizza.png

Gwen smiled as everyone headed towards the living room while Cassie pulled out her phone to order a pizza since the tempura hadn't worked out.

one-big-family.png

And as the evening stretched on the four women sat and chatted as Willow and Cecilia finally got a chance to get to know Gwen and Gwen quickly realized that she truly had nothing to worry about. Like Cecilia had said they weren't there to judge and they didn't hold the suddeness of it all against her. As to her age Willow put it best when she explained that as long as Cassie was okay with the age difference then they saw no reason to fuss about it.

gwen-back-to-her-usual-self.png

With those fears lifted Cassie got in her "told you so's" while Gwen was finally able to relax and be her usual self.

the-one-downside-of-the-evening.png

The one sour note of the reminder of the evening came when Willow noticed Cassie's easel and again tried to approach the subject of it with Cassie. But As ever Cassie was resistant to the idea as it still held to many bad memories even though it now also held some good ones as well.

her-future-grandchild.png

Gwen saved the day however as she took Willow's mind off the uncomfortable subject by offering her the chance to say hello to her future grandchild. An opportunity Willow wasn't about to pass up.

pizza-forgotten.png

Meanwhile the pizza girl left in a huff leaving the pizza forgotten on the front step while the four women inside didn't even think about the fact that they had ordered it in the first place.

it-was-great-to-see-you-honey.png

But as it got late it came time to leave as Willow and Cecilia thanked the younger couple for inviting them before heading out to catch a flight home.

what-to-do-with-the-pizza.png

And with things quieting down the question of what to do with the now cold pizza came up.

Gwen simply smiled as she grabbed the pizza and lead Cassie upstairs.

pizza-in-bed.png

And Cassie and Gwen enjoyed the rest of their evening in their bedroom cuddling, relaxing, and enjoying some pizza before slipping off to sleep for the night.

Thanks for reading, I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter :)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Ignore
    Post edited by StoriedStorm on
  • Options
    RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    Poor Gwen. I was so nervous for her.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Rorygilmore34

At least it worked out in the end :)

Thank you for reading

Post edited by StoriedStorm on
  • Options
    Here is the next chapter

Things had finally quieted down for Cassie and Gwen, with breaking the news to Cassie's parents and their subsequent visit out of the way the two had a brief chance to relax, or at least relax as much as growing a child inside of you will allow.

call-from-tara.png

One other obstacle to Gwen's relaxation was Tara. Despite Gwen's clear attitude the last time they'd met, the young brunette continued to call and Gwen was getting really tired of the ever growing missed calls list.

On this particular morning Gwen could stifle a groan as she checked her phone to find yet another missed call from Tara.

The pregnant woman rubbed at her temples as she shook her head "Can't that woman take a hint. I have no desire to talk to her."

"You know you could give her a chance" Cassie said gently from where she sat over at the computer. Cassie couldn't help but feel a little guilty over the whole situation. Tara had been Gwen's friend well before Cassie ever came into the picture, and now even though Tara had made her own choices those choices had been in response to Cassie's inability to pull herself together in the first place.

cassie-feels-a-little-guilty.png

"I'm not going to give her a chance" Gwen said stubbornly as she walked over next to where Cassie sat. "I gave her a chance when I told her to stay out of it, she had the chance then to just trust me. Instead she chose to interfere and I almost lost you because of it."

"But you didn't" Cassie said, "In fact if that whole thing hadn't happened I might never have moved on and we wouldn't be where we are now."

"Or maybe we would" Cassie said refusing to give an inch, "Look Cassie, this just isn't something I can simply forgive her for. She betrayed my trust and now she gets to face the consequences of that."

Cassie sighed as she decided to back off on the issue. She wasn't exactly one to talk about forgiving betrayal from ex-friends after all. If this were about her and JoAnna she probably would have the same attitude as Gwen. Admittedly the scenarios were different but the feelings in response weren't all that different.

job-searching.png

"So what are you up to, working so diligently?" Gwen asked more than ready to change the subject.

"I'm just scanning the job listings. I know you said I didn't need to worry about it but I just feel like I need to do something. Soon we're going to have our new baby to take care of, and then we're getting married. And with all that coming up I'm sitting here doing nothing. I just want to be able to help take care of our new family

"I'm just scanning the job listings. I mean you're pregnant with our child, and you have this great home, and we've got your savings which is why you told me it's no rush, but it feels like your doing everything. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, it's just...... I just want to be able to help take care of our new family not leave everything to you while I sit around uselessly."

"Sounds like you've been dwelling on this." Gwen said as usual reading Cassie like a book.

"Yeah, well once my parents left things just got kind of quiet, and I feel like I've just been sitting around living off of you instead of helping out."

"Well okay then, if that's what you want then I'll stand behind your decision, as long as you are happy. Just to be clear though you have my full permission to be lazy. Yes I'm the one that earned our savings, and bought the house, and all of that, but I worked hard for all of that and supporting the ones I love seems a good use for it so don't worry about doing this for my sake."

Cassie laughed "I'll keep that in mind but I still think I'd like to find something to do with my time when I'm not enjoying your company."

"Well that time must be quite rare, I'm quite charming after all." Gwen said with a smirk.

Cassie shoved her playfully "Ever so humble."

"So see anything interesting?" Gwen asked ignoring Cassie's light-hearted jab.

chef.png

"Well this caught my eye, their looking for a chef to work in a new restaurant that just opened up. That could be fun."

"One problem with that, you can't cook" Gwen said bluntly.

"Hey I could learn."

"Yes but someone has to try your cooking in the meantime until you do learn, and in my defense I have our child to think of. Food poisoning probably wouldn't be the best thing right now."

office-job.png

"Fine" Cassie admitted grudgingly. "Well it seems Mr. Pope still hasn't filled the position I left yet, maybe I could convince him to let me have my old job back."

"Not necessarily a bad idea" Gwen acknowledged, "though are you sure you want that? You weren't exactly fond of the job the first time, plus Miles Pope is a bit of a creep, even if he did behave after my little chat with him. I just think that if your going to get a job it should be something you enjoy."

Cassie couldn't argue that point, plus she really didn't like the idea of having to start dressing up on a daily basis again.

detective-cassie.png

"Well what about this, this looks interesting. There's a position open with the police. Work my way up a bit and I could be a detective."

"Oooooh, that could be fun" Gwen said her eyes lighting up. "Detective Cassie, looking all dashing in your uniform. And I could be the beautiful damsel in distress coming into your office for help as we begin a grand adventure in which you cleverly solve my problems with your brilliant investigative work, and whisk me off my feet stealing my heart along the way with your tough no nonsense attitude and soulful eyes."

Cassie stared up at Gwen jaw hanging open "Is this a job search or some cheesy mystery novel?"

"What can I say, I'm a sucker for a girl in uniform." Gwen replied with a grin.

painter.png

"Hey what about this" Gwen said spotting a listing to the side of the screen. "A buyer is looking to purchase and resell art from local artists. You used to paint, and it would allow you to work on your own schedule."

Cassie stiffened at the mention of painting, a glance over towards the easel still sitting in the corner where it had been gathering dust since Gwen had put it back together brought back the memories that had lead her to quit in the first place."

Following the young redheads gaze Gwen remembered that painting was a touchy subject with Cassie and immediately wished she hadn't brought it up. "Sorry.... I forgot."

"It's all right Cassie mumbled as she shut off the computer, having lost interest in scanning through the listings."

for-now-just-wait-for-the-right-thing-to-hit-you.png

As Cassie stood up to head upstairs, likely for the treadmill and a round of anxiety burning exercise Gwen caught her by the hand pulling her to face her.

"Look, just remember it's no rush. If you want to get a job that's fine but there's no rush. Don't just settle on something for the sake of it. You have plenty of time so just wait for the right thing to hit you. Find something you want to do, not something that just brings in a paycheck."

Cassie smiled, Gwen always seemed able to help her in that regard.

my-personal-masseuse.png

"Besides" Gwen added. "You already have a job."

"Oh, and what exactly would that be." Cassie asked noticing the smirk that had spread across Gwen's face.

"My personal masseuse of course" Gwen replied enthusiastically. "Don't forget who is the one caring this child, my back is killing me."

massage.png

Cassie laughed as she cheerfully started giving Gwen a back rub. Well I suppose that can do for now, just remember though this position is temporary.

"Oh it better be" Gwen retorted. "I have no desire to keep this up forever. This kid can be born any time now as far as I'm concerned. But don't worry, I can probably still find excuses for backrubs or 'other' kinds of attention you can provide."

Cassie laughed as she leaned in and kissed Gwen's neck while continuing the massage "Oh is that right?"

"Yep, your position is safe. You have plenty of job security."

Cassie laughed again as she finished up allowing Gwen to turn around and look her in the eyes. "Well I guess there are worse jobs I could have."

Thanks for reading, I hope everyone enjoyed the chapter :smiley:
  • Options
    They are so sweet. :)
  • Options
    Sorry but it looks like there won't be an update today. I had to repair my game due to a glitch and it's taking forever. It's making progress so I should be able to get an update done for tomorrow but at the rate this is going getting anything finished before I have to go to work is out of the question. Sorry for the delay.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited July 2015
    Where's the baby? I want it. NOW!

ETA: Just kidding. Take your time and it plums that you have a consistent glitch :/
  • Options
    marcellala wrote: »
    Where's the baby? I want it. NOW!

ETA: Just kidding. Take your time and it plums that you have a consistent glitch :/

Thanks for reading.

Luckily the game seems to be running fine now (repair finally finished) and all my mods look to be functioning properly as far as I can tell.

But as said I have to work (stupid responsibilities :p why do you always have to get in the way of my sims time) so doing the next update will have to wait.

Also you should be happy to know that you won't have to wait long for Cassie and Gwen's child to be born. Gwen's into the third trimester so labor should come any day now.
  • Options
    Gwen! Cassie! I'm so excited for your baby! :)

Auntie Rory can't wait to meet the little one. :)
  • Options
    Gwen! Cassie! I'm so excited for your baby! :)

Auntie Rory can't wait to meet the little one. :)

Gwen's excited as well, anything so she doesn't have to deal with the morning sickness and back pain any longer (although she seems to be manipulating her suffering in exchange for as many back rubs as she can get away with :p )

• Options
    Time for today's chapter

looking-at-first-dress.png

Gwen stared at the dress in front of her from where she sat in her bedroom. Cassie was downstairs on the computer under strict instructions that she was not to come upstairs under any circumstances, Gwen was giving Cassie plenty of say as she planned the wedding though the details mostly didn't interest the young redhead who was more concerned with just marrying Gwen than where the ceremony was held or what the decorations were. Honestly Cassie probably would have happily gotten married in a quick ceremony right now if it wasn't for the fact that she knew that the ceremony was important to Gwen who was determined that they were going to have the best ceremony money could buy.

And so Gwen had kept herself busy getting things organized as the expected end of her pregnancy approached knowing the wedding would be held shortly after their child was born. As said Cassie was given a say in everything whether she cared about the details or not, but not this which is why she had been banned to downstairs. The dress was one thing that would be a surprise. Gwen had dreamt about the coming wedding since she was young and one aspect that had always remained consistent as her ideas for it had shifted and evolved over the years was the look of surprise as her bride saw her in her dress for the first time. That was the dream and Gwen was determined to make it come true.

The actual choosing of the dress however hadn't been going so easily.

"So what do you think?" Gwen said already slightly irritable from the number of dresses they had already looked at.

second-opinion.png

As she asked the question she glanced over at Willow who had been happy to come down and help as a second opinion as Gwen sifted through the dresses that the wedding boutique had sent over.

"Well I don't think my opinion matters too much. It's a nice dress but it just doesn't feel like you and it's clear that your not overly enthused with it either."

Gwen sighed as she stared back at the dress. Willow was right about that though that didn't make it any less frustrating as another dress got crossed off the list.

sorry-cecilia-couldnt-come.png

"Thank you by the way for inviting me" Willow said as Gwen headed over to put the next dress on the mannequin. I'm sorry Cecilia couldn't make it but she had a meeting she just couldn't miss. Such is the life of the vice president of a corporation."

Noticing the slightly gloomy tone in Willow's voice Gwen glanced back at the older woman "Is everything okay?"

"Oh of course, everything's fine..... I'm just tired is all. It's always been like this with Cecilia and I know it's part of her career and the two of us have always done our best to balance our personal time with our jobs, but as time passes it's getting tougher to deal with. We're getting old and especially now realizing that my little girl is going to get married I can't help but realize how much time has passed and it makes it so much tougher in the moments when Cecilia is off at some meeting knowing that that's time with her I'm losing when we don't have as much left as we used to."

"Hey now" Gwen said cheerfully "You two aren't that old yet. You still have plenty of time together to look forward to."

Willow laughed "Thanks but I'm not going to try to kid myself about this. You don't realize how quickly your time passes until it's staring you in the face."

"Look" Willow said suddenly getting a serious expression on her face. "I can see that you love Cassie, and that she loves you. Don't take that for granted. Before you know it that little child you two are having will be all grown up and getting married themself, and there's never as much time as you would like with the one you love. Enjoy it while it lasts because those are the moments that you will remember. Work is necessary but it eventually fades into the background, always make time for your family because that is what you will wish you had more of in the end."

i-understand.png

Gwen paused for a minute taking in both the advice and the serious look on the face of the usually bright and excitable woman. "I understand" Gwen replied simply.

With that the moment was over as Willow caught herself "Sorry to be such a downer all of a sudden, it's just something that's been in my mind recently. So what's the next dress?"

next-dress.png

Gwen stepped back as she finished putting the dress on the mannequin, this one was a sleeker dress, designed to show off more of the wearers curves. But as Gwen stared at it she again had a dissappointed feeling. It just didn't look right.

different-angles.png

She walked around the dress looking at it from different angles, hoping to have this moment that just told her this is the dress but it wasn't coming. Again it was a nice dress but it just wasn't clicking.

She walked over and collapsed into the chair next to Willow's the irritable look from earlier returning to her face. "This is so frustrating" she mumbled rubbing at her eyes. "I bet Cassie isn't having near this much trouble finding her dress."

Willow laughed as she patted Gwen on the shoulder "I wouldn't know as the subject hasn't come up, though I'd be willing to bet she hasn't even started looking yet."

Gwen looked over in surprise "Wait, she hasn't said anything to you about it? I would of thought you and Cecilia would have been the first to call about this kind of thing."

"Gwen" Willow said through her continued laughter. "You may not have noticed but my daughter isn't really the dress type. I'm not even sure if your even going to get her wearing white."

Gwen shook her head, she couldn't deny that the idea of Cassie in a white wedding dress was weird given the redheads usual style of dressing. "Well lucky her then, she doesn't have to put up with all this hassle" Gwen said jokingly. Gwen glanced down at her now huge stomach with a slight grimace "I'm excited to be having a baby but this would be so much easier if I could try some of these on. Maybe then one would jump out at me."

supportive.png

"Don't worry" Willow said supportively "We can keep looking as long as you need. We'll find the right dress eventually."

"Well we've already been through most of the ones they sent over, you would think something would have at least sparked my interest by now."

well-just-keep-looking.png

"Now now, that attitude doesn't help anything." Willow said as she got up and went over to rummage through the remaining dresses. "Think positive, we'll find it eventually."

Gwen tried to force a smile but it had already been a long morning and between the dress hunting and her usual morning sickness and back pain it was hard to be positive at the moment. Suddenly Willow called out from the other side of the room.

"Close your eyes"

"Huh"

"Just close them" Willow said stubbornly

Not fully understanding what was up Gwen just followed the woman's instructions and shut her eyes. In front of her she heard rustling as Willow fiddled with the mannequin.

Then silence

"Can I open my eyes?" Gwen asked.

She heard Willow settle down into the chair next to her "Yes you can open them."

i-think-we-found-it.png

Gwen opened her eyes and they immediately widened as she saw the dress on the mannequin. She glanced over with a grin at Willow whose face had also broken into a smile.

"When I saw it part way through the stack I thought you might like it" Willow said.

"I think we've found my dress" Gwen replied.

Thanks for reading :)
  • Options
    Yay!! A dress! I bet it's awesome! :)
  • Options
    Still no baby! Just joking, awesome update. Gwen will look awesome in the dress.
  • Options
    *Walks in, hugs Gwen and Cassie*

Auntie Rory is waiting for this baby!!
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited July 2015
    Can't wait to see both the dress and the baby - Joining in on the peer pressure :D Just kidding, what a great update :)
  • Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Can't wait to see both the dress and the baby - Joining in on the peer pressure :D Just kidding, what a great update :)

@Plumbob Your posts always make me smile. :) They always brighten my day.
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

@Plumbob Your posts always make me smile. :) They always brighten my day.

Aww thanks Rory! [hugs]
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Lol so much peer pressure for the baby to be born :p

Don't worry everyone we are almost there

Thank you everyone for reading :)
  • Options
    The day was finally here

finally-time.png

Cassie had been jogging on the treadmill by the pool when she heard Gwen call her name. Panicking and fearing the worst she rushed down the steps two at a time not even bothering to stop and wipe away the sweat from her workout. As she reached the living room and saw Gwen she didn't need to hear the words to know....

labor.png

It was time, the day she and Gwen had been breathlessly awaiting was finally here. Gwen had gone into labor.

The fact that the wait was over however didn't calm Cassie's reaction. While she was glad that nothing "bad" had happened the knowledge that Gwen's water had broken was hardly calming and despite her talk about how she would manage despite her age Cassie was now feeling every bit the young girl she was as she tried to wrap her mind around how to handle everything.

to-the-hospital.png

Luckily Gwen was able to reel Cassie's panic attack enough for the two to make it to the hospital. On the way Gwen called Cecilia and Willow knowing they would want to know that they would soon officially be grandparents. They had intended for the older couple to be there for the birth but labor had hit a bit earlier than Gwen and Cassie had anticipated so at the very least they wanted Willow and Cecilia to know what was going on even if they couldn't be there in person.

checking-in.png

Once at the hospital Cassie hurried in to check Gwen in, the young girl was still a bit freaked out by the situation but was quickly relaxing enough to help handle things so Gwen could just focus on the birth.

"Sir" Cassie said anxiously to the man at the desk "My girlfriend is going into labor and we need a doctor on her quickly."

"Of course, I'll just need you to fill out some paperwork and then we will get to her right away."

Cassie nodded willing to do anything to get Gwen in as she could hear the blonde woman breathing in and out behind her. Once the paperwork had been filled out the couple waited as patiently as they could manage as the receptionist typed away for what seemed like forever.

irritated.png

"Come on, your not the only ones looking for treatment" one man irritated by the long wait said from behind them in line.

Luckily for him Cassie was to distracted between waiting for the receptionist to finish and trying to help Gwen as best she could to respond to the jerk.

you-arent-the-one-giving-birth-so-shut-it.pngGwen simply gave him a glare that said "You aren't the one who has a newborn trying to force it's way out of you so just shut it and wait your turn."here-we-go.png

Finally with everything taken care of up front Gwen changed into a hospital gown and was lead back to the delivery room.

As she was lead back by one of the nurses the receptionist tried to stop Cassie.

"Excuse me miss, it would be better if you waited out here in the lobby. The doctor and nurses are perfectly capable and will be happy to call you in once your child is born.

Cassie however ignored him as she hurried after Gwen, there was no way she was going to wait in another room during this.

image here we go

And as Gwen settled down into the machine for the delivery procedure Cassie was right there next to her, smiling down and being as supportive as she could manage.

"It's finally happening" Cassie said simply as she ran her fingers along Gwen's cheek.

Gwen smiled up at Cassie, that was the best she could manage at the moment in between breathing and following the doctor's instructions but she knew that Cassie didn't need to hear any words to know that Gwen was happy to be sharing this experience with her.

baby-1.png

And with a hard push from Gwen and some deft maneuvering of the machine from the doctor Gwen and Cassie welcomed their new baby girl to the world.

But that wasn't all.....

baby-2.png

Twins!!!

"Congratulations" said one of the nurses. "You are now the parents of two beautiful baby girls."

check-up.png

With the delivery finished the doctor switched off the machine allowing Gwen to sit up as he performed a check up on both children.

happy-parents.png

Meanwhile Cassie was all smiles as she wrapped her arms around Gwen.

"We're parents." Cassie said returning back to the feeling of joy and disbelief she'd felt when Gwen had told her she was pregnant. "We're really parents. Two little girls."

"Yeah" Gwen replied weakly exausted from the whole ordeal but still smiling widely as she leaned into Cassie's embrace.

But not everyone in the room was smiling.

Out of the corner of her eye Gwen saw the doctor frowning and quickly whispering something to one of the nurses.

hurried-out-of-the-room-with-the-baby.png

Then without a word the doctor picked up one of their babies and hurried out of the room. Cassie immeadiately tried to go after him only for the nurse to stop her.

"GET OUT OF MY WAY" Cassie yelled her temper flaring at the sight of the doctor rushing off with her little girl without so much as a word "WHERE IS HE TAKING OUR DAUGHTER!? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!?"

But no answers were forthcoming from any of the nurses as Gwen and Cassie were held back, forced to watch in confusion as the doctor vanished down the corridor with one of their children.

That's it for today. Thank you as always for reading and I hope you all enjoyed the chapter.
  • Options
    You're right..i have been waiting for this baby. Problem with babies is, you just get a hint of what they look like as adults starting with the childhood. So, now that i baby is there, i want to see the child lol