Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Lockwood Legacy: Gen 2 *50th Chapter 9/11/15*

Comments

• RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    WOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOA!!!!!!!!! JUST WOW!! Goosebumps!!!!! I did not see that coming!!! :)
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    edited June 2015
    @Rorygilmore34

I'm happy that you enjoyed the update but I have to say I'm a little freaked that your smiling when Cassie just left and Gwen's heartbroken. Whose side are you on anyway :cry:

:p In all seriousness though I'm glad you enjoyed the update :)
    edited June 2015
    @AuroraLockwood It broke my heart that she left but I love the huge twist that I didn't see coming!

Dun dun dunnnn!! :)
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Miki wrote: »
    Ohh I don't see Tara as "trouble"

(What i see is) She is trying to be a good friend to Gwen. She doesn't know Cassie's history like Gwen and us readers do. --why she hesitates to fall back in love after what had happened before, and just as understandably, Gwen did not want to reveal Cassie's past without her consent which Cassie doesn't strike me as the type of girl who would give it.

(I Can't believe I'm getting this involved in the story!-- Not a bad thing, though.)

I agree with this. I don't see Tara as trouble at all. She's just looking out for Gwen. I think Cassie's afraid of getting hurt, too.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    I also see @BBQPenguinWings point, though. It's tough to stay out of our friends' business when they've asked. We don't like seeing others get hurt, but they make their own choices and we just have to accept them, then be there when it all falls apart. Hopefully, Tara will be there for Gwen.

I'm actually not surprised Cassie left. I saw it coming, poor girl. Too many memories with the previous guy. I didn't think she was really ready. :/ Good job, @AuroraLockwood! I can't stop now. :smiley:
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    @BBQPenguinWings @Miki @lovesstorms Uggh, I so want to get into this discussion but I also don't want to step on anyone's toes by giving the idea that there is a right way to view Tara (when really it's all up to personal opinion as to how you feel about her actions). Also I'm afraid that if I start talking about it I'll accidentally leak spoilers for upcoming chapters which I think people wouldn't be happy about :p

So I'll simply say that I am really happy that you all are enjoying the story and that I've managed to make the characters well enough that this kind of discussion can happen rather than her simply being blatantly good or bad :)
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    edited June 2015
    @BBQPenguinWings @Miki @lovesstorms Uggh, I so want to get into this discussion but I also don't want to step on anyone's toes by giving the idea that there is a right way to view Tara (when really it's all up to personal opinion as to how you feel about her actions). Also I'm afraid that if I start talking about it I'll accidentally leak spoilers for upcoming chapters which I think people wouldn't be happy about :p

So I'll simply say that I am really happy that you all are enjoying the story and that I've managed to make the characters well enough that this kind of discussion can happen rather than her simply being blatantly good or bad :)

Oh don't worry. What Tara's role in this winds up being is entirely up to you as the author.

This was simply my read on her thus far. Unfortunately, having read a great deal, (it's my primary hobby) I have developed the habit of empathizing with characters to the point where I am possibly reading more into them, so to speak, in this case, than you intended.

I also can lose track of any story, as a work of fiction and instead view them as I would if I were to come across such a situation in real life. Some are deeper than others.

I simply see Tara as not having the benefit of knowing Cassie as you, the author or we, the readers do.

So I set "our" insight aside and looked at Gwen's situation as Tara would.

This young gal comes along, out of the blue, looks to be a stalker (Television news personalities do get their share of those from time to time) I also notice a change in my friend Gwen's behavior, for the worse, and then she brings the "stalker" in and identifies her as a dear friend, and then off camera, go to kiss her and she is the Ice Queen.

2+2: Gwen, older, well-to-do is smitten by attractive young woman who is not so well-to-do, who moves in with Gwen and judging by Gwen's recent behavioral changes, and the Big Freeze on the set.. It screams "con-game" to anyone not familiar with the situation.

Again probably a dose of too much real-world, but due to her emotional state, Gwen's better judgment is compromised. This kid could rob her blind and she wouldn't see it, or worse, would make excuses for it. Finally the little vixen gets her fill of loot and vanishes, thereby completing the shatter-job on Gwen's heart.

Having said all that, of course "we" know Cassie's true motivations. She's been hurt, she is hesitant.. yet up until Tara confronted her, she didn't seem to realize what she was doing to Gwen.

Now she does.

As a reader who hasn't seen the next page yet, I would hope that she cares enough about Gwen to clear the air.. Either tell her "I Need More Time" or if, as the expression goes, "That dog won't hunt." she should tell Gwen that, as well. It'll hurt, yeah, but the longer she waits, the worse it gets.

OR more simply, "Of course Tara isn't evil!!"

If that were me and my friend appeared to be getting conned, I wouldn't have bothered with confronting such a vixen, I'd simply claw her eyes out. (Now there's fictional thinking for ya, when considering my monolithic 5' 1" stature)

^_^
    Here's the next chapter

still-feeling-down.png

Gwen awoke the next morning, the memories of the previous night still fresh in her mind and the signs of it still evident on her face as she rubbed at her puffy eyes, swollen from crying. It had been a long time since she'd cried like that, she usually prided herself on being fairly resilient and tough. Sure she teared up on occasion but to break down like she had was a rarity. But with what had happened last night she'd needed a good cry, even if it hadn't made her feel all that much better about things this morning.

try-to-talk.png

Quickly putting on her robe to cover up the lingerie from the night before she headed towards Cassie's room. She wasn't sure if the young woman would be ready to talk but the last thing she wanted was for the awkwardness to remain between them. And admittedly somewhat selfishly she didn't want to spend another night alone. Even if they couldn't make love, and even if Cassie was distant, Gwen enjoyed being able to wake up next to the young redhead. She liked feeling the warmth of Cassie's presence in the mornings.

Outside of that selfish desire though she really didn't want to ruin things between them. Yes she wanted to be with Cassie as more than friends but at the same time making sure that they remained friends was more important. Romance could always wait, their friendship couldn't.

She knocked lightly on the door calling out Cassie's name. But there was no response. She knocked and spoke slightly louder but still didn't get a response.

Softly she opened the door to see if Cassie was sleeping, if she was then Gwen could wait, but if Cassie was avoiding her then Gwen wasn't going to stand by and watch. She needed to at least clear the air if that were the case.

empty.png

But as she glanced inside she was surprised to find the room empty.

Confused she glanced back down the hall, the bathroom door sat open and no sound was coming from that direction so she wasn't bathing? Glancing downstairs she didn't see any sign of the young woman, there was no sound from the kitchen, and it wasn't time for Cassie to go to work yet.

easel-gone.png

Maybe she had gone for a jog or to the gym Gwen thought as she headed downstairs, that wasn't exactly anything out of the ordinary for the redhead when she was in a bad mood. But as she reached the lower floor Gwen saw something that told her that something was definitely wrong. Cassie's easel was gone.

Gwen was starting to really worry now, she knew it hadn't been stolen, after all if a thief were going to break in and take something there were far bigger prizes than a worn and beaten up easel, and Cassie wouldn't have gotten rid of it. While Gwen could tell that Cassie wasn't exactly big on the easel, likely due to something regarding the betrayal she'd been through, she knew that Cassie wouldn't just get rid of it.

note-on-counter1.png

As Gwen frantically looked around the lower floor hoping to see some sign of Cassie her eyes settled onto a folded up piece of paper on the counter. As she walked up to it she saw her name written across the front, it was a note from Cassie. Half scared of what she was about to read she slowly unfolded the letter.

Gwen,

I'm sorry but I had to leave. You've been a wonderful friend to me but this is something that needs to be done. Trying to have a relationship was a mistake, you are wonderful but I just can't do it, and all trying did was cause you pain. I should never have agreed to it, I know you wanted to try but I shouldn't have given you false hope when honestly I knew from the start that it was wrong. Tara was right, I was just toying with your emotions even though I never intended to, and now I've caused the same pain in you that I ran away from to begin with. I am so sorry that you've had to suffer because of me and I would give anything to take it back. I know how you are. You will want to keep trying, you always like to have your way, but it just isn't working. Don't try to find me, better yet just forget me. I'm not worth chasing after and I'm certainly not worth remembering. Let me be nothing more than a bad dream, a horrible person from a nightmare that slips from memory when you awake. Move on and find someone to love who can love you like you deserve. That would be for the best.

Your friend

Sincerely
    Cassie

try-to-call.png

Gwen frantically grabbed her phone and dialed Cassie's number only to get no response. This couldn't be happening, this had to be wrong. She knew things had gone badly last night but.... no Cassie couldn't leave....

Gwen desperately dialed Cassie's phone again, please pick up she thought.

And again, come on Cassie

And again, Cassie please just answer the phone

Over and over again Gwen dialed the number until the phone finally slipped from her grasp onto the counter with still no response. This can't be happening Gwen thought.

angry1.png

She picked up the letter again reading it's contents over again, hopelessly wanting to find some clue to where Cassie had gone, but there was no clue to be found. There was however one line that stood out as she read through it again.

"Tara was right"

A feeling of anger coursed through Gwen as her gaze locked on that line and she remembered how Tara had tried to convince her to break up with Cassie.

Her teeth ground together as her eyes stared down at that line a single thought running through her mind. Tara what have you done.

going-over-stories-for-the-day.png

At the news station Tara sat at the news desk as people darted around setting up equipment to tape the morning news show for air. She flipped through a booklet listing the main stories for the program along with interviews and necessary name pronunciations.

Suddenly with a loud bang the door to the studio flew open as a clearly very angry Gwen marched in glancing around briefly before making a beeline towards the dark haired news anchor.

care-to-explain-this.png

As she reached the news desk Gwen tossed the letter down in front of Tara her eyes glaring daggers and her voice dripping with anger as she spat out the words. "Care to explain this."

Tara had to hold back her surprise as she looked up at Gwen, the normally controlled and neatly dressed woman today was simply wearing a wrinkled t-shirt and a pair of black exercise pants. A far cry from the usual fashionable look Gwen tended to go for.

Keeping calm Tara picked up the letter and walked to the front of the desk, she didn't need to read it. Based on Gwen's reaction Tara could already assume what the basic gist of the letter was.

lets-discuss-this-reasonably-in-private.png

Noticing that all the camera men and directors were staring at the sudden confrontation taking place in the center of the newsroom Tara beckoned Gwen towards the dressing room. "Lets discuss this in private, there is no need to make a scene."

screw-you.png

"🐸🐸🐸🐸" Gwen replied her emotions running so hot that she couldn't care less about whether other people were staring or not. "She mentioned you, she said you were right. What did you say to her."

Tara waved the camera men out of the room. If Gwen wouldn't take this somewhere less public then the least she could do was to at least try to give them some privacy here. The other employees nodded in understanding as the quickly filtered out of the room, many of them quite happily not wanting to be caught in the middle of this particular conflict.

"Answer me" Gwen said "What did you tell her!"

it-was-for-the-best.png

"I told her the truth" Tara said. "I told her that it was clear that you two were in a one sided relationship, and that her not returning your feelings was hurting you. And I said that it would be for the best if she would leave rather than....."

Gwen's hand shot out slapping Tara full across the face interrupting the statement. The brunette just stood and took it, she was surprised that Gwen had actually hit her but not that Gwen was upset, Tara had expected Gwen would be angry if Cassie left and was prepared to face the consequences that came from that.

"I told you to stay out of it" Gwen practically growled glaring furiously at the woman in front of her. "I told you that Cassie and I would handle our issues ourselves"

"Well you weren't handling it. You were just letting yourself get dragged through the mud for your 'love' of some girl who didn't love you back"

i-wont-apologize.png

"If you're looking for an apology you're not going to get it" Tara said. "I did what had to be done, I did what anyone would do to protect a friend. You wouldn't listen to reason so I took matters into my own hands. You'll realize once you have some time to calm down that this is for the best, now you can find someone who will love you back, someone you deserve. I understand it hurts but....."

The words struck a chord in Gwen as she slapped Tara a second time, those words that were so similar to the ones she'd read in Cassie letter.

"You don't understand anything, Cassie had issues yes, but I knew about them and was willing to work with them. She wasn't hurting me.

"Your behavior recently says differently" Tara said firmly. "You keep talking about this bigger picture that you keep using to justify how she was treating you but nothing excuses what she was putting you through."

Gwen glared at the brunette, Tara just didn't get it and this conversation wasn't getting her any closer to finding Cassie.

"Where is she?" Gwen said.

"I don't know" Tara replied calmly. "And I still say you shouldn't worry about her. Move on and you'll realize that...."

"Shut up" Gwen interjected. "I'm not going to give up. I know Cassie's out there and I'm going to find her."

"Gwen, please be reasonable." Tara said as she tried to calm the blonde woman down "I'm your friend, I'm trying to help you here."

"You're no friend of mine."

Tara stared in shock, she'd been prepared for the consequences but she couldn't deny that statement hurt, but before she could say anything else the head of the station walked into the room.

"Is everything alright you two?" He said politely "I realize you have some personal matters going on but we have a deadline to maintain and we need to finish getting things set up.

taking-leave.png

"I understand Tyler" Gwen replied, "I was just leaving anyway so you can get back to setting up the show. My pieces are finished and I put them on your desk yesterday so that's good to go. I'm going to be taking some time off to handle some personal matters. I hope you understand."

Tyler nodded in understanding. That's fine. Take whatever time you need and we'll see you when you get back.

Tara started to open her mouth to protest but Tyler halted her with a glance signaling her to just let it be.

Meanwhile Gwen was already headed for the door. She needed to find Cassie.

And that's it for this update. Thank you everyone for reading :)
    Poor Gwen. My heart breaks for her. I wonder if she will find Cassie?
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Just caught up to your last post, I love the drama and I love you capture the emotion on your screenshot!
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
    @AkramA Thanks :smiley: I was especially happy with the last one of the most recent chapter. That pose Tara did at that moment was absolutely perfect.
    edited June 2015
    And the next update is ready

calling-pope-industries.png

The weekend seemed to fly by as Gwen desperately searched for Cassie. Her first step had been to call up Pope Industries. Cassie worked there so maybe they would have received a change of address or better yet may have seen her, but much to Gwen's dismay she had been told that Cassie had resigned from her office assistant position that morning. That had most certainly not been the kind of news Gwen wanted to hear. The only reason she'd been able to think of for Cassie to quit her job like that would be if she was planning to leave Oasis Springs, something Gwen hadn't even wanted to think about.

cassies-old-house.png

Fearing the worst Gwen had hurried to Cassie's old house, hoping that if Cassie was planning to leave maybe she could catch her first. Talk her out of it, make her understand that she didn't need to leave, that she wasn't at fault.

nobody.png

But there was no answer when Gwen knocked at the door and looking through the window revealed that the house was still empty as it had been since Cassie had moved out.

By that point it had been getting late so Gwen had been forced to head home though that didn't stop her from continuing to call Cassie's phone practically pleading with any higher power that might exist that the young girl would pick up. But the result remained the same and Gwen drifted off to sleep that night still not knowing where Cassie had gone.

only-other-place-she-knew-cassie-to-hang-out-at.png

But that had been yesterday and as Gwen awoke she was determined that she would find Cassie, she was a reporter after all, she'd been chasing stories for years she should be able to find one young woman. And she was determined that she would find Cassie, she just had to. She couldn't lose her not today, of all days not today.

reporter-capabilities.png

So with that desperate thought in mind she headed for the only other place she knew that Cassie ever frequented. The gym. However as she arrived she again met disappointment as there was no sign of the young redhead to be found. However that wasn't going to stop Gwen, it was time for her to put her journalistic experience to work as she asked around to see if anyone had seen Cassie.

nobody-at-the-gym-had-seen-her.png

But nobody at the gym could recall seeing her recently. The gym was a dead end.

Unperturbed Gwen continued from location to location, someone had to have at least seen her and Gwen knew from experience that if you kept chasing a lead would turn up eventually. She just had to keep going until she found this one.

i-was-here-with-a-woman-have-you-seen-her.png

But as the sun moved further and further across the sky this particular lead continued to ellude her. It didn't bother her how long it was taking, she would gladly question everyone in town if it meant finding Cassie.

Eventually she made it to the nightclub, admittedly it wasn't the type of place Cassie would frequent but she and Cassie had been here not to long ago so maybe someone working here would remember her and have something to go on. But as she asked the bartender she again received the usual response that he hadn't seen anyone matching Cassie's description.

i-remember-you-two.png

Exhausted and feeling increasingly frustrated Gwen headed for the door only to be stopped by a young woman who had been dancing off to the side.

"Excuse me," she said as she hurried over catching up to Gwen. "I heard you were looking for a girl"

"Sorry" Gwen said, "Nothing against you but it's a specific girl I'm trying to find"

The woman blushed realizing she'd been misunderstood "No, no, I realize that. I recognize you from a bit back and I remember the redheaded girl you were with. I assume that's who you're looking for."

Gwen perked up at the comment, hopeful that this might finally be the lead she'd been looking for. "Yes, she's the one. Have you seen her?"

"Yeah, I live down near the shopping district and I saw her this morning coming out of the local grocery."

Gwen ecstatically shook the woman's hand thanking her profusely before rushing out the door.

The woman laughed as Gwen hurried off calling after her "Good luck, I hope you find your friend."

grocery.png

In no time Gwen found herself in front of the grocery. The day was already stretching into late afternoon and she was starting to tire from all the walking she'd done today but her excitement that she might be close to catching up with Cassie and hopefully stopping her from possibly leaving Oasis Springs kept her pushing forward.

the-lead-leads-to-another-lead.png

Inside she quickly asked around but none of the employees had worked this morning, not wanting to lose the lead she asked if there was anyone who had been here which to her joy there was one, the manager had come in early that day to help restock. Happily she asked to speak to the manager, possibly a little to excitedly because when he came out he had a look on his face that said he'd just been notified about a crazy woman in the store. But Gwen quickly explained that she just really needed to find someone and it was important and the manager smiled and agreed to tell her anything he could.

And by the time Gwen left the grocery she was practically skipping. An apartment building down the street she had been told. That was where the young redheaded woman with purple eyes had headed after leaving.

checked-out.png

Practically dashing down the street Gwen found herself staring up at the apartment building. She was so close she could practically feel her heart beating out of her chest in anticipation. She didn't know what she was going to say or how she was going to convince Cassie to come back but she was going to do it somehow.

But as she went to the front desk to learn which room Cassie was in she received devastating news.

Cassie had checked out that morning, and the person behind the front desk had heard her mention something about going home.

Gwen was to late.

so-thats-it.png

Gwen slowly walked out of the building, she felt like her heart had dropped into the pit of her stomach at the news. Cassie was gone..... really gone. Away from Oasis Springs....

It felt wrong, this couldn't be happening. Not on today of all days. She'd been so close.... but she was too late. Gwen's range of influence ended with Oasis Springs and the surrounding area, she didn't really know anybody anywhere else outside of that area, and there were a lot of Lockwoods in the world, far too many to start looking randomly. Maybe her parents, she thought desperately they had plenty of influence, maybe they could find out where Cassie was from? No, there is no way they would agree to help and she wasn't sure she wanted to have to turn to them about this, but what other choice did she have? Either way she wasn't going to find her today, she'd decide whether or not to ask her parents for help tomorrow when she didn't feel quite so crummy. Why did it have to be today of all days....

another-call-attempt.png

It was dark by the time she got home, not feeling hungry in the slightest she headed up to her bedroom and dropped onto the bed still trying to wrap her mind around the fact that Cassie had left Oasis Springs... she tried calling the young woman's phone again but there was still no response.

She sighed as she tossed her phone aside in frustration.

countdown.png

She glanced up at the clock watching it tick down as the day came to a close..... 5, 4, 3, 2

happy-birthday-to-me.png

A tear rolled down her cheek.

Happy birthday to me.....

And like that the day was over.

gone.png

She rolled over onto her side letting the tears flow fully, outside the window she could see the table, still sitting there from the other evening with it's solitary rose. One rose, all alone, like her.

• BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member

:(( aww. not her birthday :(
    A second update for today (because I have it done, I'm likely going to be distracted tomorrow with the release of Arkham Knight)

rolling-over-to-sleep.png

Gwen had rolled over to try to go to sleep tears sliding gently down her face, the fact that Cassie had left Oasis Springs weighed heavily on her mind along with the fact that she might be forced to call her parents for the first time in years. But did she really want to have them involved in this? And would they even be willing to insist considering the circumstances she had left on?

Suddenly her thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the front door. She groaned as she sat up and headed downstairs, what kind of person knocks on someones front door at this hour?

But as she turned the corner and approached the front door the person she saw standing outside stopped her dead in her tracks.

surprise-visitor.png

Gwen's eyes drifted over the person in front of her, seperated only by the glass of the door. Red hair, black clothes, purple eyes..... was she dreaming or was this real?

Cassie just smiled faintly as the two looked at each other for a moment "Hi Gwen."

--earlier that day--

the-guy-at-the-front-desk-had-lied.png

The man at the front desk had lied. Cassie hadn't left Oasis Springs, at least not yet, though she had instructed him that if a blonde woman came looking for her to say that she had. She'd had a feeling Gwen would come after her, Gwen just didn't know how to give up.

Now Cassie stared at the Gwen from the opposite side of the hotel pool, carefully hidden behind the wall so Gwen couldn't see her.

why-cant-she-just-give-up.png

"Darn it Gwen she thought. Why can't you just give up" Cassie mumbled to herself as she slipped behind the building and in the back door to make her way to her apartment. You need to realize it won't work, I just can't love you the way you want. I can't take that chance again.

i-dont-want-to-hurt-you-anymore.png

Cassie slipped into her apartment, dropping down into one of the chairs as she waited silently as she could faintly hear the man at the front desk pass on the lie and heard the door shut as Gwen left the way she had entered. "I'm sorry Gwen," Cassie mumbled "I know this must hurt you but it's better than letting you hold onto hope for the impossible."

Cassie sighed as she leaned back in the chair trying to push Gwen out of her mind. She glanced over at the easel tucked in the corner, the item that still held the unhappy memories of Sean and JoAnna she had fled from, and now the happy memories of Gwen that she wanted to forget. The easel that was gradually collecting all of the memories she didn't want but that she now couldn't bring herself to let go of....

As she sat there staring at the easel her phone went off. She glanced at it to see that it was her parents number. She groaned slightly rubbing her temple. It had been a while since her last call and she'd again forgotten to keep in touch.

talking-to-cecilia.png

"Hello" Cassie said as she answered the phone before it could ring any longer.

"Hey hon"

It was Cecilia. She was the only person Cassie knew who ever used the word hon, she referred to most people she was familiar with by it, with the exception of Willow of course who was referred to by one of a dozen or so pet names Cecilia had for her. But Cassie was hon like everyone else, though she'd always thought that there was something special in the way her mother said it to her that made her special. Maybe that was just childish fantasy but either way hearing it gave her comfort for the moment. Something she could really use at the moment.

im-coming-home.png

"Hi Mother" Cassie said "Sorry I haven't called in a while. Things have been.... well lets just say busy."

Cecilia paused a moment "Is everything okay hon?"

Cassie sighed, her mother was sharp as ever, she'd never been able to hide anything from her, probably the reason Cecilia had always ended up as the strict parent."

"It's just..... it's a bit rough right now. Mostly it's just that the hotel I'm in isn't very good. They have nice furniture and all but I'm pretty sure it's just a cover, I'm pretty sure I saw a rat earlier."

"You're in a hotel? What happened to your house?" Cecilia said in surprise

"It's alright Mom, it's nothing you need to worry about. It's just a temporary thing for a couple days, on that note.... I think I'm coming home and I was wondering if I could stay with you two for a little bit until I can find an apartment there?"

you-cant-keep-running.png

"Hon, you know you're always welcome here, but what's really going on. Why are you suddenly coming home?"

"It's just... it's complicated"

"So take your time and explain, I'm not in a hurry. Come on hon you know it doesn't do any good to try to hide things from me. Like that time you failed that math test and thought you could get out of trouble by hiding the test sheet under your bed."

Cassie couldn't help but laugh "Yeah, it would have worked to if you hadn't been snooping around my room."

"I'm your Mom hon, it's my job to snoop Someday years from now when you have a trouble making kid of your own you'll understand."

Cassie giggled again feeling a bit better.

"So now what's going on? Work trouble? Boy trouble? If it's boy trouble Willow's going to want to get in on this, you know how much she loves to nose in on that kind of thing."

"Well not exactly.... you see...."

"Just spit it out, no sense holding it in when you know you're going to say it eventually."

"Well there's this girl." Cassie finally blurted out.

Cassie heard a cough from the other end of the phone along with some spluttering, clearly her mother had chosen the exact wrong moment to take a drink.

"Well I didn't see that one coming" Cecilia said after getting her throat clear. "You never showed much interest before in girls."

"Yeah, well, this whole thing is a bit complicated."

"So, is she cute, have you kissed her yet." Cecilia teased.

"Mother" Cassie said exasperatedly.

"Okay, okay, so what's the issue? Does she not like you or something."

"No she's crazy about me, the problem is......"

"Let me guess" Cecilia said putting the pieces together in her head "this has to do with Sean and JoAnna."

how-do-you-not-worry.png

"Yeah" Cassie said, "Hey mother I have a question, please don't be offended."

"Go ahead" Cecilia said cautiously.

"How do you not worry, I mean how do you deal with the fear that Mom might cheat on you someday or that she might fall out of love with you?"

Her question was greeted by a lengthy pause.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have asked" Cassie said quickly immediately feeling like a plum for saying it.

"No it's okay" Cecilia replied. "I guess honestly I just don't worry about it."

"How? You hear about this kind of thing all the time, doesn't it scare you a bit?"

i-trust-her.png

"No" Cecilia said "It doesn't scare me. Sure I can't guarantee it won't happen, we can never consider every possibility, but Willow and I love each other and I trust her. So I don't worry about it."

"Is it really that simple" Cassie said as she tried to wrap her head around such a simple answer.

"Yes it really is." Cecilia said gently love and trust are the two most important aspects in a relationship. So regarding this girl you like, I'm guessing this Gwen that you mentioned to Willow last time, do you trust her?"

"Yes" Cassie replied quickly, there was no doubt in her mind that she trusted Gwen as good a friend as Gwen had been how could she not.

"Second question, does she love you?"

"Yes" Cassie replied again "As I said she's crazy about me."

"Okay then, third question. Do you love her?"

"I... can't" Cassie said weakly.

Cecilia sighed slightly changing her tactic "Okay, how about this. If right now you had a guarantee that things would work out and she would never cheat on you or fall out of love with you, would you love her then."

"Yes, she's beautiful, kind, caring, and amazing in so many ways" Cassie said, "but I don't have that guarantee so how can I be sure something won't change?"

"Because you trust her" Cecilia replied. "As I said, love and trust are the two most important things. If you really trust her then you can trust that she will stay faithful to the feelings you both share."

"But I would have said the same about Sean if you'd asked me this before...." Cassie's voice trailed off.

"I'm not saying it's full proof, sometimes things happen. But what happened then was what Sean chose to do. Gwen isn't Sean and you can't hold his actions against her. One last question, if you were in a relationship with Gwen, would you ever cheat on her?"

"No!" Cassie said vehemently. I could never cheat on someone, even before what happened with Sean I would never....." she stopped mid sentence the pieces finally falling into place in her mind.

On the other end of the phone Cecilia grinned, knowing from the pause that her plan had worked "So why can Gwen be like Sean but not like you." She said simply.

i-think-i-know-what-i-need-to-do.png

Cassie remained silent as she stared at the easel in the corner, her eyes tracing the barely visible cracks where Gwen had carefully glued the pieces back together, her mind wandered back to how Gwen had helped her when her boss had been hitting on her and she was having trouble with the dress code, she thought about how Gwen had seen her at her worst that night at the club and still stayed with her to guide her home when she was drunk.

"I think I know the answer" Cassie said.

"That's my girl" Cecilia said cheerfully. "I'll let you go, I'm guessing you have someone else you need to talk to right now. I'll let Willow know you lover her. Just remember, love and trust."

"Thanks Mother" Cassie right before hanging up.

face-to-face.png

And a few hours later the two women stood face to face on the front porch staring at each other. All the thoughts from that phone call ran through Cassie's head as she stared at Gwen who was still trying to decide if she was dreaming or not.

i-was-wrong.png

Then Cassie threw her arms around Gwen and pulled the older woman close.

"You're didn't leave Oasis Springs" Gwen said "I'm not dreaming?"

"No" Cassie replied as she buried her face against Gwen's neck. "Your not dreaming, if this was a dream I would gladly wake up so I could be back before I acted like such a plum. I was wrong, I was so wrong."

Finally believing that this was real and not some trick being played on her by her own brain "Gwen hugged Cassie back. You bet you were wrong. You never hurt me, not even once."

Cassie shifted slightly in surprise "but you were crying that night, I heard you...."

"Because I couldn't help you. I always understood that you were scared, I never blamed you for that no matter how distant you were. But I've always been in control be it with my job, my house, or anything else in my life..... until you. That whole evening went wrong and to top it off you were even more distant than before. I just felt helpless, as hard as I tried I couldn't do anything to help you and my attempts were only making it worse. I was crying because I was upset at myself. Because I wasn't good enough."

i-trust-you.png

A tear ran down Gwen's face. Cassie reached up and brushed it away with her hand. "You've always been good enough, I was just to much of a plum to realize it. I'm so sorry I didn't realize it sooner."

Gwen smiled weakly relief flooding through her as she stared at the woman that half an hour ago she'd thought she'd lost. "It's okay, I'll forgive you. Just please don't leave like that again."

"Don't worry I won't" Cassie said taking a step back. Then she reached for her pocket as she dropped to one knee. "I'm sorry I arrived so late, I meant to be here a couple hours ago but it took me a while to find the perfect one."

Gwen stared in shock, almost unable to believe this was actually happening.

will-you-marry-me.png

"Gwen Snow, despite everything I've said to the contrary I know now that I love you with all of my heart. Will you marry me.

Gwen smiled widely as she allowed Cassie to slip the ring onto her hand. "Of course I will, I couldn't ask for anything more."

of-course-i-will.png

And with a burst of joy Cassie pulled Gwen close and this time kissed her, for the first time that Gwen could remember Cassie kissed her rather than the other way around, and there was no withdrawal, no zoning out, no lack of passion. It was just like that first night. A real kiss which the young redhead leaned into, melted into not wanting to ever let it end. A sentiment that Gwen fully shared.

the-spark.png

And as the two found themselves up in their bedroom a trail of clothes left behind in their wake there were two things Gwen knew. The spark was back and she'd never been more happy.

And that's it for this update.
    A roller coaster ride!! I freaking love it!!
    @Rorygilmore34 Thanks, I'm glad you liked it :)
    Just to let people know after the second update I posted today there won't likely be any other updates from me for a 2-3 days. I'll still be around but am not going to have a lot of time to write for a little bit.
    Well a slight adjustment to the plan, I'm still going to be busy for a couple days but I woke up at 2 am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I ended up playing sims and doing another update :p

waking-up2.png

Cassie woke up late the next morning, she'd quit her job expecting to be leaving Oasis Springs so she didn't have work, though she couldn't say she was that upset to be out of that place. As she sat up she noticed Gwen sitting on the other side of the bed quietly gazing at her.

Cassie smiled at the blonde woman, her lover, her fiance now. It felt like a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders now that she wasn't constantly worried about getting her heart broken again.

happy-together.png

"Enjoying the view" Cassie teased as Gwen slid over to sit next to her.

"Of course" replied Gwen, "I finally have you to myself, how could I not enjoy it."

good-morning-kiss.png

Cassie laughed as she leaned in for a good morning kiss. She couldn't argue that logic and honestly felt the same way knowing that soon Gwen would be her wife. She'd had so many dreams of getting married that had been shattered by Sean and JoAnna's betrayal, but now she felt like she was finally healing from those wounds and could start making new dreams to take their place.

But as she sat there she noticed the clock on the wall. "Wait a minute, shouldn't you be getting ready for work? Your shift starts in 10 minutes?"

i-have-something-to-tell-you.png

"About that," Gwen said taking Cassie's hands in hers, "I'm going to quit. I've called Tyler and I'm going over later to explain the reason, but I wanted you to be the first to know."

"What?! Why?!" Cassie said confused. Gwen always seemed to enjoy her job, she took pride in it, why would she just quit all of a sudden.

"Because something more important has come up" Gwen said looking Cassie in the eye "Cassie we're going to be parents."

Cassie sat there for a moment, her mind trying to comprehend what Gwen had just said. "So... you're...."

"Yes, I'm pregnant. We're going to have a baby." Gwen said, a huge smile across her face.

shocked-but-still-happy.png

Cassie sat there for another moment in shock before her face burst into a smile of it's own and she jumped up dragging Gwen along with her and wrapping her in a huge embrace.

She was going to be a mom, it was such a shock after all she wasn't that far out of high school. But at the same time the thought thrilled her.

"We're going to have a baby, you and me we're going to be parents, our own beautiful little girl or boy. I'm going to be a mom" She knew in her head that she was mostly repeating herself but she couldn't help it. Just thinking about that fact was so exhilarating that she just wanted to shout it to herself over and over again just to remind herself that it was actually happening.

"I take it you're happy" Gwen said chuckling at Cassie's exuberance. "I'm glad, I was worried you might not be, after all for me I'm already an adult but you're still young. I was afraid you might feel like this might be too soon."

Cassie took Gwen's face in her hands and kissed her. "It might be, but I don't care. I'm with the woman I love, the one I'm going to marry, and we're going to be parents. No matter whether it's too soon or not I can't be upset about all that."

Gwen smiled as she nestled in to Cassie's embrace as the redhead went back to repeating the amazing fact that they were going to be parents to herself again. She really had been worried of how Cassie would react to the news, and she was really happy that Cassie was happy about it.

cassie-tries-to-cook.png

A short while later Gwen found herself seated in the kitchen as she watched Cassie's clumsy attempt to make breakfast. Cassie had insisted on cooking, she didn't want the woman carrying their child to have to exert herself, but watching as the mess around Cassie grew and grew Gwen couldn't help but shake her head.

im-pregnant-not-disabled.png

"Cassie you're getting more egg on the counter than in the bowl, and I'm pretty sure the shells aren't supposed to be mixed in." Gwen said laughing. "Seriously just let me cook, I'm pregnant yes but that doesn't mean I can't handle myself."

"Uh uh" Cassie responded as more egg splattered on the counter "I'm not doing that badly, besides you always cook. Just sit and rest for a change.

what-about-the-wedding.png

20 minutes later (and having evicted Cassie from the kitchen and started the eggs from scratch) breakfast was finally served. But Gwen taking over cooking hadn't slowed down Cassie's anxiousness.

"So what's this mean for the wedding? Do you think we should put it off until after the baby is born?"

i-dont-want-to-wait.png

"No" Gwen said firmly "It may restrict my dress selection....." Gwen seemed dissappointed at this thought as she stared down at her belly knowing it was only going to get bigger ".... but I will manage."

"We don't have to rush, I'm not going anywhere and I'm sure you would rather have time to plan everything out than rushing into it."

Gwen couldn't deny that, this wedding was a day that she had dreamt about for a while, and it would be nice to have time to get things perfect.

"Fine, you're right" Gwen said reluctantly. "I just can't wait to be Mrs. Gwen Lockwood."

Cassie laughed "don't worry, you'll get your chance."

what-about-work.png

Without missing a beat Cassie continued on with her rambling, "What about work? I don't have a job and you're quitting yours. Maybe I could talk to Mr. Pope and see about getting my old job back. I mean the job sucks but with a family to support....."

dont-worry-so-much.png

At this point as Cassie was quickly spinning off into her own little world Gwen took stood up and took Cassie's hands.

"Cassie, relax. Don't worry so much. Remember I'm not exactly poor here. We can manage fine for a while as we are. You don't have to decide everything right this second."

"But you're preg....." Cassie started to say before Gwen cut her off.

"Relax, don't be one of those parents. I'm pregnant but that doesn't mean you need to freak out or fawn over me. I've always been perfectly capable of handling things and that isn't going to change. We'll wait on holding the wedding, we can sort out the job situation as we go and live off my savings in the meantime, and you don't have to cook for me, in fact on that front I would much rather you didn't," Gwen said the last bit with a grimace remembering the disaster the counter had been in when she took over. "Just relax and everything will get worked out."

"Okay" Cassie sighed "But if you need help with anything let me know"

well-figure-things-out.png

"Oh don't worry" Gwen laughed as she gave Cassie a reassuring kiss on the cheek, "I'll make sure to ask if I need your help, though you may regret that once I start getting all hormonal on you. Now I need to go get dressed so I can go talk to Tyler."

"Do you need any hel...." Cassie started to say before she was silenced by Gwen's glare.

"I'll be fine, just relax and call your parents. They will probably want to hear the news."

Cassie's eyes widened in shock as she realized that in all the commotion she had completely forgotten about letting her parents know, she knew she was usually forgetful about calling but they would be really ticked off if she didn't let them know about all this.

calling-her-parents.png

A short bit later after dishes had been cleaned up and Gwen had left for the station Cassie settled down on the couch to call her parents.

The phone barely rang once before being picked up.

"Hello hon"

Cassie sighed and shook her head "You were waiting by the phone weren't you. What if I had forgotten to call."

"Then we would have called you," Cecilia said impatiently. "So how did everything go, tell us quick Willow's practically bouncing off the walls at the thought that you are in a relationship again."

married-and-pregnant.png

"Are you both there?" Cassie asked wanting to give them both the news first hand rather than having it relayed.

"Yes, we are both here, so what happened."

"Well things went well, in fact I have some big news to tell you." Cassie took a deep breath "Gwen and I are engaged"

willow-overjoyed.png

At this Cassie heard a loud squeal of glee from the other end of the phone, yep Willow was definitely there.

"Joy" Cecilia said, "I'm happy for you but you realize she's going to be insufferable to live with now don't you."

"I'm not quite finished," Cassie said. "We're also going to have a baby."

This time the reaction from the other end of the line consisted of a very loud "WHAT?!" from Cecilia, partially drowned out by a second squeal from Willow.

"YOU'RE PREGNANT" Cecilia said forcing Cassie to hold the phone away from her ear for a second.

"Well actually Gwen is pregnant, not me."

"Either way...." Cecilia stammered trying to find words for the first time Cassie could remember. "You're barely into your 20's and you're already going to have a kid?"

"You could be happier about it" Cassie said pouting slightly.

"We're happy don't get me wrong, it's just... are you sure you're ready for this?"

"I really don't know" Cassie replied honestly. "But I do know that I'm happy about it and Gwen and I will manage one way or the other."

"Yeah it's the other bit that worries me." Cecilia said her voice still filled with concern. "But I guess it's a bit late to second guess now. Congratulations on the wedding and your new family."

its-a-bit-sudden-but-we-are-happy-for-you.png

"We are happy for you" but we're still a bit concerned. Well mostly I'm concerned I think Willow's romantic side just overdosed for the day but I'm sure she'll be concerned once she calms down a bit. We're your parents after all, and you're still our little girl. So it's just...."

"I know Mom" Cassie said.

"So what's the plan going forward " Willow asked cheerfully having taken the phone from Cecilia.

"Well we're going to hold off on the wedding until after the baby is born so we have time to get everything organized and planned."

"How's Gwen doing with the pregnancy so far."

"She's doing fine, I tried to help but she got a bit annoyed at me for it."

"Oh God you're one of those parents" Cecilia moaned.

"Well it's understandable to be worried" Willow commented.

"Of course you would say that" Cecilia replied "You were the same way, only difference is you were the pregnant one constantly worrying."

"Yes but it all worked out in the end."

"No thanks to your constant grumbling" Cecilia responded now with a playful tone as she teased her wife.

Cassie just laughed at her parents back and forth. She couldn't help but hope this would be what she and Gwen would be like later in life. Sure her parents bickered but it was generally done in a teasing sort of way not a argumentative manner. And they were still so in love with each other.

"So, since she's joining the family tell us a bit more about your wife to be." Cecilia said her mood clearly brightened after her earlier worry.

Cassie leaned back on the couch and happily started telling them about Gwen, the joy of both the family she had and the one she was getting making her truly happy.

--Meanwhile at the news station--

telling-tyler-the-news.png

"Congratulations Gwen" Tyler said. "I'm so happy for the two of you. So how is that lovely redhead of yours taking the news."

Gwen laughed "Oh she's happy though she keeps trying to dote on me which is getting old quickly"

"My ex was the same way when our son was born" Tyler responded with a chuckle "don't hold it against her too much, I'm sure she means well."

"Oh I know she does but hopefully she can tone it down a little." Gwen said with a grin.

resigning-from-position.png

"Back on topic though that is why I'm resigning. I'm sorry to leave suddenly like this but I hope you understand."

"Oh it's completely understandable, after all you....."

Tyler's comment was interrupted as the news room door slammed as Tara walked in

are-you-serious.png

"Are you serious? Gwen you're really quitting over this nonsense. For you own good you need to realize that things just didn't work out, don't throw away your life over some girl who doesn't love you to begin with. As your friend I can't let you do this, Tyler help me talk some sense into her."

dont-talk-like-that-about-my-fiance.png

Tyler opened his mouth to intervene but Gwen had already turned to glare at the young brunette who had just walked in giving Tara a full view of her bulging belly which stopped the determined woman right in her tracks.

"I would appreciate if you would not talk about my fiancee like that, and I'm not resigning to chase after her no thanks to you by the way. I'm resigning because I'm pregnant and I feel it's time to focus on my family.

Tara stared speechless not sure what to say as she tried to take in what had happened. Gwen and Cassie were back together and on top of that engaged? And Gwen was pregnant? What exactly had happened in the last couple days?

tyler-yes-tara-no.png

Gwen marched irritably past Tara heading for the door. "Thank you for everything Tyler, it's been wonderful working here. I'll make sure to let you know when the wedding is and get you an invitation." At this point Gwen gestured towards Tara without bothering to turn around "She on the other hand is not invited."

And with that Gwen marched out the door leaving Tyler standing in the background as Tara stared at the door Gwen had left through in sorrow and confusion.

And that' it for this update. Thank you for reading. I'd say not to expect another update for a couple days but considering how that statement went last time I'm not going to bother :p I'll just leave it at I'll post the next update when I can though I make no guarantees of when that will be other than sometime in the next few days.
    edited June 2015
    Just a small clarification post. Yes in the recent update a pair of woman got pregnant together. I realize this is unrealistic and am sorry if it bothers some people who prefer things to stick to realism but the fact is it is how I am going to do things.

The basic reason I am doing it this way is this, I have had friends in real life who have struggled to conceive, one who faced severe depression from it. So to me there are enough people out there who would make wonderful parents and want to be parents but can't have a child that I see no reason in a fictional world where I can have the option to not do it. To me if parents want to have children then they get to have children, simple as that. This doesn't rule out adoption and I may use that at some point in a future generation or future story but I just feel that if a couple wants to be able to have a kid then they should have the option and since the sims is a fictional world I am happy to be able to have that option.

edit: Okay with that cleared up I'll get off my soapbox and stick to writing :p
    A baby!! Yayyyyyy!!!!!!
    A baby!! Yayyyyyy!!!!!!

Yep :grin: that was about Cassie's reaction as well :p

Just a small post today as I get back in the swing of things and actually having time to write. Since I did the update earlier of side character photos I figured I would do it again since I've introduced a couple more,

First off the obvious one that everyone has seen (and some are not to fond of :p ) Tara Lansing

tara.png

Then we have the recent addition to the list, the manager for the OA6 news and Tara and Gwen's boss (well in Gwen's case former boss). Tyler Stokes.

tyler.png

Last (and possibly least) we have a character who hasn't been seen in a while. Cassie's former boss and a bit of a slimebag, Miles Pope.

miles.png

And that's it for character photos, not much I realize but I promise I will have a new chapter up soon (hopefully by sometime tomorrow)
    And after the slight delay here is the new chapter

still-angry.png

As Gwen returned home from meeting Tyler to explain her decision to resign from her position at OA6 news she was still irritable from her confrontation with Tara. The nerve of her. She'd told Tara time and time again to stay out of it but the younger woman just refused to listen.

Cassie heard Gwen enter the house and quickly said goodbye to her parents realizing she'd been talking far longer than she'd intended.

"Gwen's back so I'll let you two go." Cassie commented. "Yes, I will tell her.... I love you too."

are-you-okay.png

As she put her phone away Gwen dropped down onto the couch next to her a groan escaping as she leaned back into the cushions.

"Is everything okay" Cassie asked a look of concern quickly spreading across her face. "Did things not go well with your boss?"

"Oh that went fine" Gwen said as she sighed. "It's just another argument with Tara?"

"What?" Cassie said in surprise? "What's going on between you and Tara, I thought you two were friends?"

Gwen looked at Cassie confused for a second before it dawned on her "Oh, since you've been gone for a bit you didn't know. After you left I confronted Tara about what she said to you that caused you to leave and we had a falling out to put it mildly."

Cassie grimaced realizing the trouble she, at least in part, had caused.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to cause so much trouble...." Cassie said ashamedly.

"It's not your fault" Gwen said cuddling up against her fiancee "Tara's the one who chose to stick her nose into it."

"I think she was only trying to help" Cassie said, "and in some ways at the time she was right, I'm not even completely sure if we would be here now if she hadn't interfered."

"She still should have stayed out of it" Gwen said not willing to let go of her anger with the brunette especially with the comments from this morning still fresh in her mind "She tried to talk me into breaking up with you first and I told her to stay out of it, no matter the result she should have respected my wishes and backed off. Look it's nothing you need to worry about. This is just how things happened and we'll just move on. RIght now I just want to forget about her and sit here with you."

love-you.png

Cassie smiled "That sounds nice."

"So enough about me, how did your parents handle the news, an engagement and a pregnancy in one phone call had to be a lot to take in."

"They're managing. They took the fact that we're getting married a lot easier than the news that you're pregnant."

parents-visiting.png

"They aren't mad" Cassie quickly clarified "They are just kind of worried about whether I'm ready for this."

Now it was Gwen's turn to be concerned as she looked over at Cassie "And? I know you said you were okay this morning but...."

"Like I said this morning" Cassie interrupted "Whether I'm ready isn't an issue. I love you and I love this child we are bringing into this world. Ready or not we will manage together, and I wouldn't have it any other way."

Gwen leaned back up against Cassie a smile on her face "It's so nice to hear you say that."

"Before you get to comfortable I have one bit of other news I need to pass on."

Gwen looked up in surprise at the sudden serious look on Cassie's face.

"I'm sorry I didn't talk to you about it first but after dropping so much news on them at once I couldn't really say no. My parents are coming down to Oasis Springs, they want to meet you."

shocked-for-a-second-but-smiles.png

Gwen stared in shock at the news for a second but then shifted to a smile. "That's fine, it will be nice to get the chance to meet them as well."

Cassie breathed a sigh of relief "I was worried you might not be up for it given that you already weren't in the best mood and it's kind of a sudden thing."

im-sure-theyll-love-you.png

Cassie happily wrapped her arms around Gwen "This will be great, I'm sure they'll love you."

Gwen wrapped her arms around Cassie in response, feeling the comforting warmth of her to be wife's body but a slight grimace made it's way onto her face. I'm sure they'll love you, those words echoed around inside Gwen's head, she wasn't so sure.

And that's it for this update. Thank you for reading and I hope everyone enjoyed it :)