Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Accidental Time Traveller legacy Challenge.

CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
I have Created a Legacy Game called the Accidental Time Traveller Legacy Challenge. See the site for more indepth information.

http://accidentaltimetraveller.weebly.com/

Basic description>
You Are the Accidental Time traveller you are tasked with surviving at least 6 complete generations ( Your founder and her/his 5 Heirs to Adulthood).
Starting with only a Small Tent, Campfire, Cooler and public restroom on a 30x20 lot.

for Any simmers Attempting the challenge. Good luck and Happy Simming :D
cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

Post edited by Charliimai on

Comments

• CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited June 2015
    The Story Behind the challenge.

The Abduction

k4gmdt.png

It was the sound that roused me at first a low humming sound like the noise the refrigerator makes only a louder. Then I was startled by a light so bright I could barely open my eyes. I raised my hands to shield my eyes only they stuck fast to my sides I was paralysed. The hum suddenly started to increase in volume, as I fought against my own body the deafening sound made my brain vibrate,My head ached yet I was still unable to move, I screamed but the sound stuck in my throat as my mouth which seemed unaffected by the paralysis opened and closed like those of a goldfish in a glass bowl. I could feel something touching me /poking me like cold fleshy fingers, Stabbing at my arms, Stomach, legs.

As the light started to dim I forced my eyes open but my vision was cloudy. The Bright light had affected my eyes I could only make out shadows and shapes not even colours everything was tinted red (maybe I'd burst a blood vessel in my eye's while trying to open them ). I knew I wasn't in my room anymore my surroundings seemed strange and smelt weird/unfamiliar.
    I Managed to let out a scream as a sharp pain shot through my abdomen and I fell into unconsciousness.

No Place like Home

I regain Consciousness. Groggy and Disorientated on a large empty lot, Fully dressed with a strange mobile phone
    I try calling my parents with the mobile phone but the recorded message states " The number you have dialled is not in service" I dial every number I can recall for my family and friends but the same message plays each time.

When I manage to stand I stagger to the nearest building. It's a shop, The newspapers out front on the shelf show the date as 1st June 2015. I'm confused and afraid it was the 1st June 5012 when I went to bed last night. As I approach passers by to ask for help they avert their eyes, back away and hurry to put some distance between themselves and the crazy person that is me. When I start to tell them my story.

I fall to the ground unable to hold back the tears. Blubbering like a baby I'm scared, Lost and alone in a strange time.
    When I manage to calm myself down I find that someone has dropped a bundle of money at my feet (I guess they assumed I was out begging.)

I head back to the empty lot and with a tent, campfire, Cooler full of supplies bought at the shop. There is already a public restroom on the lot that I can use for Hygiene purposes.
    With no way back to my own time I have to make the best of a bad situation and forge out a new existence for myself.

My New life begins today. How will I survive?
    cSXsPD.jpg

edited September 2015
    Rules. sorry I know it's a lot to read. :s

** Careers can only be entered into any time after the 3rd generation as the family must initially live a life off the grid as your founder has no legal documents and should not exist in this time.
    Money can only be made selling crafted items, Harvestables or collectibles. (Until 3rd generation when careers can be joined.)
    Just to be clear careers can be joined by 3rd generation family members

** First generation Babies Must not be born at the hospital as family must initially live a life off the grid as your founder has no legal documents including medical records and should not exist in this time.

** No cheats/hacks/mods that give you an advantage over someone who did not use them. I leave this rule deliberately open-ended because of the sheer variety of cheats/mods and hacks out there that have been, and will be made. The rule of thumb is that using a specific cheat/hack/mod will not put your family in any better of a position compared to someone who did not use one. For example, money cheats like motherlode and kaching would be against this rule because someone who did not use them would have less money than someone who did. Where as a mod that, for example, created a brand new yellow shirt in CAS that your Sims could use, would be fine because having a pretty yellow shirt would not cause your family to gain any more points than someone who stuck with the stock clothing options.

** No restarting after bad events. Keep the results and move ahead. Taking the bad events with the good makes the challenge more interesting and struggling back from failure states is half the fun. Restarting to recover from a crash, glitch, bug, or other technical problem is allowed.

** You may not move or merge in other Sims into the Legacy Family with the exception Sims that will aid in bringing in the next generation aka the “spouse”. (See the Spouse section for details. As of the latest rule change, you can bring in more than one spouse). You may have non-heir family members leave the Legacy Family, but once they are gone, they may not be moved back in.

** The Legacy Family must remain on the same lot for the duration of the challenge. They are free (and encouraged) to develop their house but they may not move into a new house. Rooms may be imported into the house from the exchange as long as the family pays full price for the construction and items contained within.

** A Sim must not utilize any anti-aging items within their lifetime (With the exception of the Founder). This includes drinking a youth potion or milking the cow plant. Any cheats that freeze aging or lengthen (or shorten) lifespan times may only be used by the founder. Sims lifespans must be set to “Normal” in the gameplay menu.

** You may not change a Sim’s current aspiration. The exception is when they fully complete an aspiration. When that happens, you may choose their new aspiration, as long as it is not one they’ve already completed.

** You may not bring a Sim back from the dead once the reaper has taken them. You MAY plead with the reaper in order to save a recently dead Sim.

** You may not move/marry out the sim who currently holds the title of ‘heir’. All of the other children in that generation (known as ‘spares’) may move or marry out. Once a sim moves out, they are ineligible to be heir, even if conditions change that might make them the rightful heir.

** When playing a Legacy Challenge, your legacy family is the ONLY family you may play in that saved game. You MAY move in new families into the neighborhood during your challenge (keeping in mind that they can be used for friends, but not spouses) but you may not play them

Spouses

+ Spouses may not bring in any money with them when they move in/marry into the family. To prevent this, you may merge townies into families with one another prior to moving them in. A Sim who is not the last member of their household will not bring any money into the household. Alternatively, if a Sim does bring in money, use the money cheat to reduce the family’s new balance to whatever it was prior to the new sim moving in.

+ There is no restriction on the number of Sims you can move into the Legacy family house. As long as none of them brings in any money. You may have spares get married if you so desire and create ‘cadet branches’ within the household.

+ The first spouse brought into the house each generation (once that generation’s heir reaches young adulthood) is known as the "Primary Spouse" The distinction of "Primary Spouse" does NOT mean the spouse HAS to be the sim who helps bring about the next generation. (Sims can get Divorced, Be widowed and Remarry).

Children

- Regardless of The succession law, you may always introduce children into your family via pregnancy or adoption. The game enforces the conditions needed to have children via pregnancy. In order to adopt a child, both your Sim and their spouse must be alive and living in the same house. Children may only be adopted as infants. You may not adopt if there are any infants (natural born or adopted) living in the house at the time and must wait for them to grow to children before adopting a new one. You may rename the child, and it is recommended (but not required) that you change their last name to the Legacy Family’s name.

- Regardless of their status, when an infant ages up into a child, you must roll for their aspiration and their first trait using the calculator found here. Be sure to put the traits of the two parents (even for adopted children) in the calculator because the algorithm it uses factors those in when generating random traits for the children. When the child grows into a teenager, you consult the calculator again for their adult aspiration and their second trait. Finally the calculator will be used to generate the third trait upon reaching young adulthood.

- There is an option here to generate both aspirations and all three traits for a sim at once, though the proper method is to wait until the Sim ages up. And remember- No re-rolling! One of the hallmarks of this challenge is getting randomly generated children so you should keep the good with the bad. Since the traits of the parents have an influence on the traits of their children, you can try to engineer children by selecting spouses with desirable traits, but this is no guarantee

Death and Ghosts

o You may use the death flower to guarantee success when pleading with the reaper to save a dying sim.

o You must NOT use ambrosia to resurrect any dead sim. (You may cook it and have living sims eat it if you wish)

o You must Not invite any ghost sims back into your family.
    cSXsPD.jpg

• GobstoppedGobstopped Posts: 510 Member
    are you ready yet
    ygOHaMn.png
    For detail's of how to get started. visit this site http://accidentaltimetraveller.weebly.com/

We Are Open.
    Feel free to comment and ask Questions. :)
    cSXsPD.jpg

• GlitterGirl7474GlitterGirl7474 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2015
    Is there anything to replace a campfire and cooler for people who don't have the Outdoor Retreat Game Pack? Thanks :)
    edited August 2015
    Is there anything to replace a campfire and cooler for people who don't have the Outdoor Retreat Game Pack? Thanks :)

@GlitterGirl7474 There is more detail on the site as there are two downloadable lots (basegame only version and OR version)
    But basically you can just use a fridge and the cheapest BBQ.

Good Luck with the challenge :D

cSXsPD.jpg

• EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @Charliimai I saw this before and kept meaning to bookmark but have been distracted. (That is my story and I am sticking to it.)
    I was reminded when I saw Orion Futura in your gallery. Can this challenge be started using your Sim? I see he has already been visited by our Sixam friends. :wink: I would not re-upload him but may want to share his heirs later if that is Okay.
    Here is hoping I can survive 6 generations (thank you for not making it 10).
    @Charliimai
    Careers can only be entered into any time after the 3rd generation as family must initially live a life off the grid as your founder has no legal documents and should not exist in this time.
    Money can only be made selling crafted items, Harvestables or collectibles. (Until 3rd generation when careers can be joined.)
    Does this mean Founder (Gen One) and Gen Two and Three cannot enter careers? Not sure if this means Careers start with Gen three or Gen four.
    edited September 2015
    @Charliimai I saw this before and kept meaning to bookmark but have been distracted. (That is my story and I am sticking to it.) :lol:
    I was reminded when I saw Orion Futura in your gallery. Can this challenge be started using your Sim? I see he has already been visited by our Sixam friends. :wink: I would not re-upload him but may want to share his heirs later if that is Okay.

@EuphorialQueen you can use Orion for this challenge. yes yes please share his Heirs I would love to see them. a little heads up though your founder is supposed to have no skills but Orion does have a couple of skills at level 1 but that is because I did have to play test him in order to get him pregnant and I couldn't remove them (only able to reduce skills to level 1) I cant remember which one's but it doesn't really affect the challenge

@Charliimai
    Careers can only be entered into any time after the 3rd generation as family must initially live a life off the grid as your founder has no legal documents and should not exist in this time.
    Does this mean Founder (Gen One) and Gen Two and Three cannot enter careers? Not sure if this means Careers start with Gen three or Gen four.

Careers start with Generation 3. Only Generation 1and 2 are prohibited from entering into any kind of career.

Have fun. :-)
    cSXsPD.jpg

I've played this challenge a couple of times I love Orion I do have my own little way of saving money at the beginning of the Challenge :wink: (No cheats involved) As being pregnant means he is constantly tired and hungry and uncomfortable.
    cSXsPD.jpg

@EuphorialQueen Are you going to try keep your founder alive for the full 6 Gens? (The Bonus in the scoring section) Also I am ok with you re-uploading him as part of the family. :smiley:

cSXsPD.jpg

edited September 2015
    Charliimai wrote: »

@EuphorialQueen Are you going to try keep your founder alive for the full 6 Gens? (The Bonus in the scoring section) Also I am ok with you re-uploading him as part of the family. :smiley:
    @Charliimai <3 Thank you for the clarifications. :) I did consider that Orion would have some skills. Was going to use TwistedMexi's Sims 4 Cheat Resource
    just to start on an even keel. Will take a hit as a starter penalty if needed. :) I have game on the New Save screen now.
    Are you going to try keep your founder alive for the full 6 Gens?
    Yes I plan to keep him alive and kicking as long as possible.
    edited September 2015
    Charliimai wrote: »

@Charliimai <3 Thank you for the clarifications. :) I did consider that Orion would have some skills. Was going to use TwistedMexi's Sims 4 Cheat Resource
    just to start on an even keel. Will take a hit as a starter penalty if needed. :) I have game on the New Save screen now.
    Are you going to try keep your founder alive for the full 6 Gens?
    Yes I plan to keep him alive and kicking as long as possible.

@EuphorialQueen I don't think it's possible to completely remove skills but I did use a cheat to reduce them to level 1. I would continue as normal (no penalty) as it's entirely my fault Sorry . :(

Also you kind of start at a disadvantage to anyone that starts with a new sim as like I mentioned earlier his pregnancy causes his needs to drain pretty quick. so getting things done before Nooboo arrives is a little more challenging.

Edit: Have fun, Happy Simming:-)
    cSXsPD.jpg

edited September 2015
    @Charliimai Another bump in the (Frog) Log. :warning: It seems the game 'remembers' his past achievements. :hushed: It gave credit for previous Aspiration levels. I did not notice at first until I checked his age. I already had enough points to buy a Youth Potion to reset him back to the beginning of the YA age. I also got achievements like Mischief Maker & Problem Child (Level 10 Mischief), Smooth Talker (Level 10 Charisma). Not your fault. I should have thought of that ahead of time.
    I could (maybe?) ignore Orion's points and start with the baby? Or begin again? (Really wanted the Alien Baby though.)

Edit: Only a small percentage of Cooking skill shows.
    edited September 2015
    @Charliimai Another bump in the (Frog) Log. :warning: It seems the game 'remembers' his past achievements. :hushed: It gave credit for previous Aspiration levels. I did not notice at first until I checked his age. I already had enough points to buy a Youth Potion to reset him back to the beginning of the YA age. I also got achievements like Mischief Maker & Problem Child (Level 10 Mischief), Smooth Talker (Level 10 Charisma). Not your fault. I should have thought of that ahead of time.
    I could (maybe?) ignore Orion's points and start with the baby? Or begin again? (Really wanted the Alien Baby though.)

Edit: Only a small percentage of Cooking skill shows.

I'm sorry @EuphorialQueen maybe you can start with the baby as your founder. I don't know what to suggest I do actually have Orion's children from another save with no skill ( they are full alien with human skin tone) maybe you could use one of them or just wait till he gives birth.

I'll post the links for them shortly..

I didn't realise he had those achievements. As I had an issue with my game that every save game I entered with any family even one's I had just created always had that Mischief maker and problem child achievement pop up whenever I opened the game I always just ignored it. It only recently stopped happening after an uninstall/ reinstall.
    cSXsPD.jpg

edited September 2015
    NooBooo! Orson Futura (like Sci-Fi author Orson Wells)
    Rolled Child Trait: Genius (Still a Baby / Newborn)
    If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story. -Orson Welles
    Post edited by EuphorialQueen on
    http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/DF75545E151E11E58B2F6AA84856B674- I think they are Teenagers here.( Not in disguise although they do have that ability)
    2uhspbn.png

Oryan, Celestia and Titania

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/C19F86B2151A11E58E2F6AA84856B674- as kids
    so7792.png
    cSXsPD.jpg

NooBooo! Orson Futura (like Sci-Fi author Orson Wells)
    Rolled Child Trait: Genius (Still a Baby / Newborn)
    If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story. -Orson Wells

I like <3<3

cSXsPD.jpg

edited September 2015
    It is Official :+1: I will start scoring with Orson.
    His 'Other World' (in your game save) Siblings are so adorable!

PS: Orion 'magically' now shows Level 10 in Entertainer Career / Level 10 Musician.
    {DOH!} Did not notice / look until I just now got the notice of his return to work.
    No worries .. He resigned... STILL not gonna keep me from my fun. <3
    Did a bit of finagling and went back to the original Orion. Had him give birth and immediately aged Orson to Teen.
    Orson Futura Teen
    - - -
    #EQCreations #RosebudChallenge #AccidentalTimeTraveler Orson grew up with stories of a world far away. It was not until he became a Teen that his Father told him the truth of his origin. http://accidentaltimetraveller.weebly.com/ Child of Orion Futura by Charliimai
    - - -
    Now for a new Save.....
    @Charliimai Orson is doing pretty well. He found a mate and as soon as they both had their YA birthdays she moved in with him. I am working on a sort of progress report. Just updates and a few pictures so not too much story per se. I will share a link when it is ready.

Hope you are doing well and having a fun and safe weekend.
  • Sparky92Sparky92 Posts: 2 New Member
    Can you start a business, or only after the third generation?
    edited December 2015
    Sparky92 wrote: »
    Can you start a business, or only after the third generation?

@Sparky92 yes but only 3rd generation onward. :-)

cSXsPD.jpg