Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloading from the disc instead of Orgin? Is this possible and how?

Hello Sims Community,
Just got the sims 4 the 2 disc set and i am wanting to know instead of downloading from Orgin (it takes forever) i want to know how can i downlaod from the disc. The only option its allowing me to do is from Orgin, I didnt have any problems with the sims 3 on my other laptop which is a windows 7, i have a laptop with Windows 8.1 that i just got yesterday. Whats the point in my buying the disc if i would have to download in Orgin, HELP Thanks!

Comments

• NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    Hi,

For your specific issue you can check out the following EA Support article for a possible solution:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/origin-downloads-the-sims-4-instead-of-installing-from-disc

If the issue is not resolved you can try out the following instructions instead:

1 - Uninstall Origin if currently installed
    2 - Navigate to the Origin directory on the TS4 game disc
    3 - Run OriginSetup.exe and follow the onscreen directions
    4 - Update Origin when prompted - do not log into Origin yet
    5 - Navigate to the root directory on the TS4 game disc
    6 - Run Setup.exe as administrator (right click on the file and select "Run as Administrator")
    7 - Log into Origin when prompted - installation should now proceed from the game disc
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • LuckySimmer1025LuckySimmer1025 Posts: 3 New Member
    Thanks so much i had Origin installed in the wrong place and i reinstalled in and now its fixed, thanks :)