Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Advice needed in buying new ep

So I now have late night, seasons, WA and grnerations and my game is running quite well . I am keen to get a new EP but worry that my game will become too laggy to play . I'm am specifically thinking Ambitions or University life . I think I would like them equally well but my question is which one is potentially less laggy ? I don't want to regret later installing a new EP that will cause my game to lag too much that it is not enjoyable anymore .... In fact I would love to have island paradise but I heard so horrible stories about it so .... :(

Comments

• ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    I shut down a lot of things my computer was doing in the background and deleted a few things from the documents folder, (be careful if you do this). That took care of almost all the lag, before that, the game was pretty much unplayable. As for the EP; I don't have University Life, but I do have Ambitions. I can't remember exactly how much lag it created, I don't think it was too much. Explosions can be a bit laggy, but for me it wasn't too bad.
    Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Actually Island paradise is not bad, it's just the world that gives me fits. I have it, I want to play it, but I can't. As far as lag, neither of those two EPs have issues for me at least.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Island Paradise itself seems okay, it's the world that came with it that's problematic. Of course if you want to try out dive spots and stuff you have to use that world. Unless, of course, you're okay with using player made worlds, you should be able to find a nice one of those that has the IP stuff in it and works better.

But out of University Life and Ambitions I can't say I've noticed a difference in the performance of either. They both seemed to run fine for me. It's been ages since I've had ambitions though, I lost it so I couldn't install on this laptop and it's not registered so I can't get my digital download. In my memory though Ambitions was no problem. And UL seems to be no problem for me.

Any EP you add can cause lag though, especially if you're not a computer that's barely strong enough. I don't know what kind of computer you have or anything. Though it sounds like it's holding up okay so far so I don't think I'd worry about it too much myself.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
    edited May 2015
  • lovespandas1lovespandas1 Posts: 635 Member
    Get Island Paradise!
    Just install Overwatch! It makes my Isla Paradiso run fantabulously! And other worlds run better, too!
    you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited May 2015
    Make sure your computer can run Island Paradise. You have 24 hours to return it if it does not work if you buy the download from EA. Seasons, IP, ITF and Pets are killers to some computers. the more you add the more laggy your game may get depending on your computer specs. Supernatural is one of my favorite eps besides WA
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I am thinking since UL is one of the later eps it might require more computing power thus more laggy .... But since university is a separate town it might just be fine since it is really not addng stuff to existing town . I might be wrong
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited May 2015
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I am thinking since UL is one of the later eps it might require more computing power thus more laggy .... But since university is a separate town it might just be fine since it is really not addng stuff to existing town . I might be wrong

That I cant tell you. I have a higher end laptop. I dont have pets installed. My game is not laggy but when I added Uni I had to lower a few settings. I now how every ep but pets installed many store worlds , venues and store items and a little bit of cc not much.

If you buy the download from ea you do have 24 hours to return it so when you buy it test it right away