Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP!!! I don't know if I will lose the game.

I bought the Sims 4 Get to Work online and not in store. I recently just got a virus on my computer which stops me from using anything involving graphics. I'm thinking if I uninstall my games and reinstall them it should allow me to play them again. But the problem is I look in my Origin account and it does not show the Sims 4 Get to Work. I don't want to uninstall and lose that expansion. Will it be saved if I want to uninstall and reinstall and how do I go about downloading it again if I bought it online? I do not want to pay again for it.
Thanks!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    Hello.
    Click the sims 4 picture in Origin. Click the little "i" button that is next to the play button. That will take you to a screen that shows you what game packs, stuff packs and eps you own. Go to the EP pack section, and it will say that you own the GTW EP pack. After you reinstall the sims 4 game, if GTW hasn't been automatically installed, you can download/install it there.

• WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited May 2015
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.
    Click the sims 4 picture in Origin. Click the little "i" button that is next to the play button. That will take you to a screen that shows you what game packs, stuff packs and eps you own. Go to the EP pack section, and it will say that you own the GTW EP pack. After you reinstall the sims 4 game, if GTW hasn't been automatically installed, you can download/install it there.

^^^^^^This^^^^^ ;)
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • basimspobasimspo Posts: 2 New Member
    OH thanks so much for your help!
  • BuzzingBeeBuzzingBee Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, two questions :my sims 4 game is flickering and I think if I uninstall then reinstall it then it will work again but I don't want to lose all my packs but I cant find the little (i) button can someone help please ?Also if it doesn't work and I have to buy a new laptop would I be able to play sims on it with out loosing data ? thank you :)
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    There isn't an i button in the new origin version. Go to the 'my games' tab in Origin. Just under the icon there are two little gear buttons. The left one will show all the expansions you have purchased.
    You have to copy your Sims 4 folder to save your data: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    edited December 2017
    BuzzingBee wrote: »
    Hi, two questions :my sims 4 game is flickering and I think if I uninstall then reinstall it then it will work again but I don't want to lose all my packs but I cant find the little (i) button can someone help please ?Also if it doesn't work and I have to buy a new laptop would I be able to play sims on it with out loosing data ? thank you :)

Hello @BuzzingBee
    If you uninstall and reinstall Sims 4, you will not lose any of your packs. Click on the Games Library section, then click on the sims 4 picture. A pop up screen will then appear. Then click the extra content button that is half way down the page. That will take you to a screen that shows you what game packs, stuff packs and eps you own.

Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here

You will need to break up the pastebin link though by putting h.t.t.p. instead of http, because you are unable to post links because you are a new member.

If you buy a new Laptop, you can transfer over your save games and library creations to the new computer,
    Your sims 4 game is linked to your origin account. If you get a new computer, dowload and install Origin onto it. Then log into origin on your new computer using the same account that you used to register the game and packs on the old computer , then click on the Games Library section, click on the sims 4 picture, then download/install it there. Then click the extra content button that is half way down the page. That will take you to a screen that shows you what game packs, stuff packs and eps you own. You can then download/install them there.

Make a copy of your sims 4 folder on your old computer that is in Documents > Electronic Arts > ( then The Sims 4 folder is there ) and place it on an external drive.
    Then after installing the sims 4 game onto the new computer, play it once to generate a new sims 4 folder.
    In your sims 4 folder are your saves folder ( contains your save games) and the tray folder ( which contains your lots and households that you have uploaded to your library or have downloaded from the community gallery ) Replace the saves, tray, mods, custom music and screenshots folders that are in the new sims 4 folder with the same folders that are in the sims 4 folder on your external drive. You will then have your old save games and creations etc on your new computer