Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please let us paint the ceiling

jc_16jc_16 Posts: 42 Member
This was one of the reasons on why I still the Sims 3. I'm sick of having white ceilings.

And also can they change the link on the sims logo in the header of this forums? Change it to the Home page instead of redirecting us on the sims' website.

Comments

• KaerfusKaerfus Posts: 49 Member
    As in the inside of the ceiling? Because if that's the top part, I'm sure you can put floor patterns to use as paint.
  • arbiebacaniarbiebacani Posts: 81 Member
    I agree with you. For example, if you have a room with dark wood paneling and then when you look up, the ceiling is no match because it's white. A white ceiling will also not fit for a log style house esspecially the houses in Granite Falls. I have watched some house building videos in Youtube and some players look up trying to change the ceiling, but they cannot. In Sims 2 and Sims 3, you were able to change the ceiling to the style you want.
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    I agree with both points. Please make it happen Gurus! @SimGuruBChick
    tFU6JMe.png
    > @Moodbeamy said:
    > I agree with both points. Please make it happen Gurus! SimGuruBChick
    Have you been wanting to change the ceiling? I'm getting tired of the unchangeable white ceiling.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    We can't really see the ceiling so there's not much point but why not I guess? If we could see the ceiling it would be great.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • TrischanTrischan Posts: 14 New Member
    > @Prink34320 said:
    > We can't really see the ceiling so there's not much point but why not I guess? If we could see the ceiling it would be great.

Yes you can, press tab to go into cinematic camera (works only in living mode)
    And I agree, ceilings should be paintable! I had a rustic house but when I entered the building the ceiling was white. That sucks!
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Trischan wrote: »
    > @Prink34320 said:
    > We can't really see the ceiling so there's not much point but why not I guess? If we could see the ceiling it would be great.

Yes you can, press tab to go into cinematic camera (works only in living mode)
    And I agree, ceilings should be paintable! I had a rustic house but when I entered the building the ceiling was white. That sucks!

I guess they could add it in but I don't see much point in it since most people probably don't look at the ceilings, although that means they're getting neglected which makes me feel like they should get attention.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
    > @Prink34320 said:
    > @arbie said:
    > If we want to see the ceiling with the walls cutway or walls down, the "Toggle Ceiling" from the Sims 2 should be back. With this ability, we can see the ceiling and cover it with any appropriate flooring of our choice. Walls are covered with wall coverings, floors are covered with floor coverings, so should ceilings be too. What these three had in common before in Sims 2 and Sims 3 is that they're all covered with something in a room.
  • delle7delle7 Posts: 2 New Member
    Yep. Agreed. Let me paint the ceilings again...
    Here are some examples of places in Sims 4 where a white ceiling does not fit:
    -The Goth house in Willow Creek; when you look inside this house, you will notice that there is a lot of dark wood paneling throughout the house and the white ceiling takes away the style since everything in the house has to look dark and gothic.
    -The Science building where your sims go if they work in the science career; this science building has an industrial look and a white ceiling does not match the industrial look to the rest of the building.
    -The vacation homes in Granite Falls; these are rustic style cabins and they should have pine boarded ceilings instead of the same white ceilings.

If you find any other examples, please include them with your commentary.
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    Not many people actually look at the ceiling though, unless you're really big on taking cinematic screenshots, then I can see how a white ceiling could be bothersome. I never really used that feature in 3, but I suppose it'd be nice to have for those who liked it.
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
    Help spread the word about changing ceilings in Sims 4.
  • NatedogNatedog Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2015
    We have loss so much options from Sims 3 to Sims 4, We need our ceiling painting back, and our tools to change the theme,whether we want flames or flowers, and more. Plus I miss my cars.
    Post edited by Natedog on
    I agree. We do need our ceiling painting back. I'm stuck with the boring, same, flat colored ceiling. Spread the word also to the Gurus so that they can address this problem about ceilings.
    Come take a look at my screenshot regarding the white ceiling at Mod the Sims. Click on search, under search site, click advanced search. Under keywords, type "changing the ceiling mod" for a screenshot evidence.
  • TaraIris94TaraIris94 Posts: 552 Member
    I miss this feature and I would really enjoy if it could be added into the sims 4.
    White ceilings all the time ruin the look of the room if it does not fit.
  • anetherronanetherron Posts: 605 Member
    I would be for this, provided it didn't leave white squares/triangles outside the house (you know, those ones you could only see at a particular angle and which had to be deleted one by one).
    I just watched a house building video on an urban townhouse by Sim Supply. This townhouse has a lot of balconies, but when you look under them, the white ceiling is ruining the look of the house and it would have had dark wood ceiling boards. There is a lot of dark wood paneling in the house and that too would have had dark wood ceiling boards instead of that same old white ceiling.
    When I look at houses in Sims 4, I always mark them down because of the white ceiling.
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I personally would like to see the clear floor tiles come back I like being able to see the lower level from the top and visa versa, right now I don't even notice the ceiling. I have used remove ceiling and floor, but you can't walk where that has been done.
    In Sims 4 rooms, you can build walls and change them with wall coverings, build floors and change them with flooring, and build ceilings, but why can't we change them with flooring like in Sims 2 and 3? The Sim Gurus should address this ceiling problem.
  • Moonlight.SonataMoonlight.Sonata Posts: 125 Member
    edited July 2015
    I agree. I was building my greenhouse, full of dark woods and looked up. I just noticed the ceiling and it felt almost incomplete not being able to change it to something other than white.

@pinkish - glass tiles would be awesome.
    Creation and Inspiration.
    rsz_1simstories.jpg
    Origin ID: Lunarokz | tumblr: http://lunarokz.tumblr.com/ | Wordpress: https://lunarokz.wordpress.com/
    Blogger: http://lunarokz.blogspot.com/
    White ceilings would just ruin the look of any structure.
    White ceilings don't look good when they're outside. For example, look under the balcony.